PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/Pathfinder] Prestige Class Help

Exthalion
2010-06-22, 03:56 PM
I am a Wiz5/Rainbow Servant10 with God Touched and Divine Channeler from Dragon 305. I also have nightsticks from Libris Mortis.

I can Divine Metamagic persist spells up the wazoo and have exceedingly high AC and SR.

The problem is spellslots. I use something like 1/3 of my spellslots casting my two day buffs every other day. I am going to work it on an alternating schedule so that they take up fewer slots per day but that still leaves me with limited slots.

So I have a question: Is there some way to advance my Caster Level or acquire a lot of spell slots? Such as feats or a prestige class?

Lord Bingo
2010-06-22, 05:48 PM
No ideas of how to increase spells slots apart from levelling spring to mind.

Caster level is level dependent. You cannot have a higher caster level than you have HD though school specialization and some domain adds +1 to your caster level

Turn attempts is the way to go with persistent metamagic. There's a feat (I believe it is in Complete Divine) that gives you 4 more turn attempts per day and there's nightsticks (which you already have). Items that increase relevant stats perhaps? There might be more options...

Jarveiyan
2010-06-22, 10:47 PM
Orange Prism Ioun Stone gives a +1 to caster levels.

Optimystik
2010-06-22, 10:50 PM
The OP is already using DMM: Persist.

How about wands/scrolls and other such items? Rely more on those for utility spells and you can get by with less slots.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-22, 10:54 PM
You could also boost your Int score to get more spells. Echoing Spell (Some Eberron book) is a handy +4 metamagic feat that returns spells to you, but at a lowered caster level after an hour. You can continue to use those spells until I think you hit 0 CL for them. Good choices are the wizard only spells that allow you to reprepare lower level slots, Triad Spell, and the Any Spell series.

blueblade
2010-06-22, 11:10 PM
Completely agree with the comment on moving your utility stuff out into wands and scrolls. Look at which spells are not getting used every day and consider not using a slot on them.

Not 100% sure as this is pathfinder, but I assume extra int will always help on your spell slots? Have you got your tomes and wis boosting items?

dextercorvia
2010-06-22, 11:23 PM
Extra Slot feat? It's in Complete Arcane, but you you are getting DMM Persist, this should be fine.

The Cat Goddess
2010-06-23, 01:14 AM
+6 Int item.

+5 Int Book.

Exthalion
2010-06-23, 03:08 PM
Thank you very much for your responses everyone.

Any idea for a 5 level prestige class to take? I can't take Archmage because it took too many feats to get DMM (5) So I wouldn't have enough feats by level 15.

I could always take 5 levels of Dweomerkeeper...

lsfreak
2010-06-23, 03:31 PM
First off, while you probably know, just want to point out that by RAW Rainbow Servant is a 10/10 class, not the 6/10 given in the table. This would increase your spell slots if you built it as 6/10.

Now, since your spell slots themselves are all actually arcane (you just happen to be able to cast a few divine spells from those arcane spell slots), I'm pretty sure you gain full benefit from Rings of Wizardry, which will be a good chunk more spells. Failing that, Pearls of Power are an expensive alternative.

If you DM allowed Rainbow Servant, they might allow 4 levels of Incantatrix. That nets you a bonus metamagic feat (well, two, but one will be eaten with Iron Will) and the ability to apply extra Persists with spellcraft checks.

For CL increases, there's beads of karma (DMG), orange ioun stone (DMG), ring of arcane might (MIC, arcane only), and the spell create magic tattoo (SpC). That's an easy, if expensive, +2 to all CL, +3 to all arcane spells, +6 to your DMM:Persisted spells, and +7 to your spells Persisted through the Metamagic Effect of Incantatrix.
A full list of CL-increasing stuff is found here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872350/Raising_Caster_Level).

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-06-23, 06:32 PM
with God Touched and Divine Channeler from Dragon 305... why did you take those feats?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-23, 06:33 PM
No ideas of how to increase spells slots apart from levelling spring to mind.

Caster level is level dependent. You cannot have a higher caster level than you have HD though school specialization and some domain adds +1 to your caster level

Turn attempts is the way to go with persistent metamagic. There's a feat (I believe it is in Complete Divine) that gives you 4 more turn attempts per day and there's nightsticks (which you already have). Items that increase relevant stats perhaps? There might be more options...

Extra turning is actually from the PHB I think. It's in the SRD.

Exthalion
2010-06-24, 01:43 PM
... why did you take those feats?

Because they give me turn undead (channel energy) attempts. 1 of them to be specific.

It was either that, or take a 1 level dip into cleric or some other class with turn undead attempts. This way I can start persisting earlier and loss no caster progression.