PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Question

Eldan
2010-06-22, 04:16 PM
So, over in the homebrew thread, we are working on Legacy Weapons for the new Disciplines from the Age of Warriors thread. My idea was that they, like the ones in the Tome of Battle, should grant strikes and stances, and improve them if the user already has them. Now, my question: how would you price abilities like that:

"The User can initiate maneuver X 1/encounter". My idea on this one was pricing it like an item of spell X 1/day since, basically, that seems what maneuvers are often balanced against. X here is the level.

"The user can use Stance X". This one is more difficult. I have no idea what to do here.

And also, like in the ToB:
"If the user already knows maneuver X, he instead gains bonus Z": this, I think, should be cheaper than just the bonus, but how much? And how does one price an ability which only works with strikes of one school, like "all your strikes from school Y deal +1d6 points of damage"?

And finally:
"While in a stance of school Y, you gain bonus Z". Should also be cheaper than bonus Z, I guess, since it's marginally less useful, but, I guess, not too much since these weapons will almost exclusively be used by initiators anyway. 80% of the base price, perhaps?

Fax Celestis
2010-06-22, 04:17 PM
You can extrapolate from the ToB legacy weapons and the legacy weapon creation rules in the back of Weapons of Legacy. AFAIK, most of them are Table A/D/G.