PDA

View Full Version : [Twi] Twilight IV: No More Heroes! (Now also lynching Sword of Truth!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 12:36 AM
The Midnighter
The thing leans close again. "That would be sad, pretty. But if you loose, no more world. No more pretties ever. If you win, then only a matter of waiting. So it is better to let you lose." An overlong, forked tongue slithers out of it's mouth.

Anderson and Kira
Within minutes of each other, you emerge in the courtyard of what seems to be a temple. A statue of two proud figures is in the center. Or at least, you take it for that. But after a moments glance, you change your impression. The man looks vain, arrogant and uncaring, the woman looks insipid and shallow. It is deserted, just like everything else. The silvery form of the Sliph vanishes behind you.

industrious
2010-06-23, 12:51 AM
The Midnighter

"Suit yourself. I'll do it my way. Carrier: Door to Sagittarius A."

The Midnighter punches the Fallen as it leans closer once more.

"Last chance. Five seconds and counting."

Jenny Sparks

Jenny looses another bolt at the wolves. They were getting closer...and she was running out of power.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 01:06 AM
Sanya:

"If we cannot get one to surrender, then how do we know why they are attacking?" he gently scolds, then considers what she said, and nods. "They died on their feet, fighting for what they believed. Good a death as any."

His ears perk at the jangling, and he reflexively pulls out several white handkerchiefs embroidered with silver crosses. Then he looks at the amount of Denarii Heinkel has on hand, and raises his eyebrows.

"Hmmm. A large catch. I haven't captured that many Fallen since that fight in the Aquarium. My hat off to you and Father Anderson!" He inclines his head. Pondering, he ties the handkerchiefs together and stuffs them in the bag's opening.

"To cut down on 'accidents'." he says by way of explanation. His brow furrowed.

"No one touched these coins with their bare hands, Da? Not you, not the Paladin?"

His tone was level, but the danger his words conveyed was clear. Anyone who touched a blackened Denarii would be invaded by the Fallen's consciousness, and tempted. Worse, even if they threw away the coin, they could still summon it back to them instantly with a thought, and the Fallen always left a shadow copy of their personality in the unfortunate person's head, whispering, tempting...

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 01:10 AM
((Colesign explains why Moloch isn't bothered, though having read the books you probably know that for yourself.))

Midnighter
"I am not so easily gotten rid of." The demon replies, then recedes into the coin.

Jenny Sparks
A tall, Grey haired man in a blue coat and black underclothes is standing behind the wolves, watching expressionlessly. He has pale skin and narrow, intense eyes.
A wolf forms out of his chest and bounds towards you. "Gaze into the abyss." He mouths. "What stares back? You shall be consumed."

industrious
2010-06-23, 01:12 AM
((I know that. The Midnighter doesn't, however.))

The Midnighter

"So much for rational self-interest."

He tosses the coin into the portal.

"Time to go, Crowley. I'll manage on my own."

Jenny Sparks

"Nietzche? Cute." Jenny doesn't have much power left, but she has enough to take down one man. At least, for the next minute or so.

"Who the hell are you?"

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 01:22 AM
Jenny Sparks
"I am chaos." He replies calmly, as another animal emerges from his chest. This one is vaguely simian, a monkey of some description, though it's gone before you can get a good look at it.
"I am the abyss. And you cannot escape." He continues advancing, making his way closer and closer. More emerge, an enormous snake and several smaller ones slivering down his arm and onto the ground, where they advance towards you.

Midnighter
It's not gone. You can still feel it tickling the back of your mind, as though watching you. You can still feel the weight of the coin in your had.
Temptation is not so easily cast aside.

Ozymandius
Misa takes the coin back, leaving her with three, and smiles. "Well, that was productive." She, or maybe he, says. "I suppose I'll see you all later. Ciao." Abruptly, the attire vanishes, and Misa Amani is sitting in place. She raises her head, confused. "Where is Light?

A portal opens. Unless they choose otherwise, both Ghost Riders, Misa, Apollo, Ozymandius and Midnighter are back on the carrier. If Jules runs, he can make it on board as well, although he can't make it on board unnoticed.
Hawksmoor is up, and looks far better. He's sitting up, and has some feeling back in his limbs. Apparently what he mostly feels is blinding pain, but it's still a marked improvement.
Apparently, Richard is not dead, but not well either. Hawksmoor knows his stuff, if that's what he says, then it's fact. He 'dealt' with Richard and the leather girls first, then the lady in white started shooting 'black lightening' and knocked him cold. Then, torture.

Draxx
2010-06-23, 01:28 AM
Anderson
Anderson looks around briefly, then goes and sits next to the statue, waiting to see what happens. He does, however, keep an eye on Light, especially his hands. If Light tries anything, he sticks a bayonet in his gut before he can finish.

Heinkel Wolfe
Behind her sunglasses, she raises an eyebrow, although you don't se it. "Vhat do hyu vant to ask zem?" She asks, confused. They are clearly aggressive, and attacking despite being unprovoked. Open and shut case.
She hands him the coins, somewhat reluctantly. "Hyu vill have to return them zo. Ve have vaults vere zey vill never be found."
At his questioning of the coins, she nodds, somewhat reluctantly. It feels like breaking Anderson's trust. "Ja. Anderson vas tricked to take vun. He said it vos his burden to bare."

Colesign
2010-06-23, 02:06 AM
Sanya:

Sanya takes the sack (a bit surprised that Heinkel would give them up so willingly to an A.C.K.C.E.D, i.e. Agnostic-Communist-Knight of the Cross-Ex-Denarian).

"Not to worry. They'll be secure, and see the inside of the vaults soon enough."

He places them in a side pocket of his duffel bag, and zips it shut, then buckles a flap over it, in a fashion showing that he had handled such coins before. He listened to Heinkel's confession about Anderson, and nodded with a sigh.

"These things happen. Nichivo. Still, it is not sentence of doom. He did not take up the coin after touching it, Da?" A nod. "Then he must deal with the Fallen's shadow in his head. Difficult. But Anderson is..."

Sanya tried to choose a tactful word, as tactful as you can be when discussing anyone who mixes Bible quotations and massacres.

"...a man of conviction. Not so easily tempted. The Fallen have seduced men and women for Millennia, both forewarned and ignorant. But they can be overcome. My friend Dresden did it. I..."

Sanya hesitated.

"...did too. I know how they tempt. Perhaps I can give Anderson good advice, and then it is even more likely he can overcome it too."

There was some more rustling in the background, and Sanya looked up, raising his Kalashnikov again.

"So my view is that we should join Anderson and whoever else, and figure out how to reverse Medieval Times. Or stay here and fight off inevitable onslaught. I'm sure it will work out."

He put the duffel across his shoulder again.

"Besides," he said cheerfully. "As long as no one else besides Anderson has touched the Denarii, there shouldn't be any problem!"

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 07:43 AM
Team wide eyed idealism (Archer, Sanya, Heinkel Wolfe)
Another of the shuffling, twisted things emerges. It's the last one.

Two streets away, an old, bony man in plain robes is seated on a likewise plain chair, eating an apple. Around him are twenty priestesses in severe, pink robes, staring directly at him. Only a few look out of their twenties. This is deceiving, due to the effects of their temple they've aged one year for every ten. In truth they are all far older then him, though you'd never guess it given the deference they are showing him. Beside him is another man in plain robes, reading a scroll under his breath.
"They didn't take the bait." Zeddicus observes. "And I doubt Shota will lend us anymore of her creatures." He stares at them. Not one of them seem to be offering opinions, simply deferring to everything he says.
He gestures widely, and vaguely, then takes another bite of the apple. "I'm not ready to die myself. Are you? I should think not! You are all much too young, and far too pretty. And I don't much like fighting either when I can avoid it. It's so... barbaric. So instead we shall be subtle. Subtle! Do you think you can manage that? I should say you can. We have more then enough power here to demolish half the continent!" He takes another bite, then gets up and begins pacing. "But then we risk the treasures, and we don't want to do that. So we'll have to win using conventional methods, not just throw power at them! Get them on the run. Wear them down. Don't risk yourselves too much, we're all irreplaceable, but make sure we get the treasures! Now fire away!"
They form a circle around him, and lower their heads. one by one, they begin chanting.
A gleaming red figure begins to take form, bare muscle and bone, undefined but terrible in it's malign potential.
The wizard paces around them, waving his arms. "More! More! Come, we need power the world hasn't felt since before the great war. Push yourselves! Push I say! Tear open the fabric, and let it emerge! Rise Up!! RISE UP!"
The figure arranges itself into a strange, humanoid shape, a changing creature with no set form or nature. It's body swelled and shrank periodically, and it's form underwent changes, in one moment bipedal, the next as many as twenty limbs thrashing. It had no mouth, eyes or nostrils, they were to complicated for it to form. But it didn't need them, it could sense without them, and their magic sustained.
Zeddicus smiles, then says a single word. "Kill."

nanobot_swarm
2010-06-23, 07:45 AM
The beam Katana is presumably still in the vampire's ass, and after taking both blows, he attempts to drive it forward and down to make a circular cut as he falls.
Jules after seeing the coast had been clear, tried to sneak into the dungeon and observe what the pair were doing.

doliest
2010-06-23, 07:55 AM
Bob
Bob looks at the man who's animals were advancing on the people who were helping him, and not finding a rock to throw, did the next best thing. He dashed forward and tried to tackle the man to the ground. Some part of his mind was screaming that this was suicidal, but...he'd be okay. He knew it, somehow.

Light
"A suggestion on where we should go from here, Father?" We can't stand around all day.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 11:02 AM
Sanya, Agent of A.C.K.C.E.D.

"Hold a Moment." Sanya says, holding up a hand to forestal Heinkel's bullet ballet.

He switches the Kalashnikov to single shot, waits for the dwarf creature to come a bit closer, and attempts to kneecap the creature on both kneecaps. If it keeps coming, he'll keep shooting until it goes down. If it is disabled, he will drag it over to the wagon, draw Esperacchius, and cheerfully say:

"Privet! We would like to like to know why you are trying to kill us, and who sent you! It would be very sad, if you were to keep silent."

darkblade
2010-06-23, 11:09 AM
The Bride

As the vampire is slammed into the wall, the bride loses grip on her sword. Which still sits hanging out of the vampire's gut.

"No, thats possible. I just destroyed your heart. You have to be dead."

Ghost Rider

As much as he'd like to head back up to tha Carrier and work things out more there is no way in Heaven or Hell that Johnny is going to leave Anderson and Light alone down there. He reves his bike up and rides forward into Silph's portal to follow them.

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 04:49 PM
Ghost Rider
The sliph closes before you can enter, and you ram into the wall behind it instead. When you calm down, it occurs to you it's probably for the best. If you had gotten in there is a good chance you would have died. While you know that rationally, it's still hard medicine to swallow.
"I talked to Light." Your brother says. "He says it can be reversed. But only when he gets back to earth and talks to his shinigami. I say bullsh*t, but you were right. If she can't fulfill the terms of the note, she just dies. So I imagine he's going to get rid of the two of us before we can do something."
He cracks his knuckles. "But all we have to do is find a way into Limbo, and kill the Shinigami who owns the notebook."
The portal is still open, and Samuel L Jackson arrives.

Sanya
The thing moans, and clutches it's leg, but doesn't say anything. You wonder if it can. It certainly doesn't seem very intelligent.

Jules
The two flaming skeletons are talking. They could be anyone, though one is wearing the same leather that the man who interrogated Light had been wearing. They don't notice you until they are done talking.

The Bride and Travis
He removes the sword and hands it to her, ignoring Travis (he removed the beam katanna, but left it on the ground and ignored it). "My heart was broken a long time ago." He offers by way of explanation, and while you are no doctor you would be pretty unubiquitous in saying the human body doesn't work that way.
It's ridiculous. Nothing is having effect.
Abruptly, you remember what Alice said. Vulnerable to crushing, and fire.

Bob
A tremendous mouth full of sharp teeth opens in his chest, and a pair of constrictor snakes emerge from his arms, coiling around you and beginning to coil around you, your body groaning in pain as they begin to crush the life out of you.
Only... they don't. You let out the breath you've been holding, as, after four minutes, you come to understand you don't actually need to breathe, and while your bones are snapping and your muscles rupturing, it's really only annoying, and whenever they reduce pressure your body fixes itself.
Staring at the mouth, immobilized by the snakes, you wonder if you are immune to being eaten as well.

Archer
You sit on the edge of the building, watching the priest or nun - you are unsure of her exact clerical standing, she is a most unconventional woman - who has been providing you with mana since you were summoned. Perhaps that makes her your master, although given the bizarre circumstances of your summoning it's probably best to think of yourself as independent.
The scuttling dwarf things have been mostly dealt with, and her newest acquaintance, a dark skinned man of Arabic extraction with an artifact that fairly blazes with power (between them now, they have enough magical artifacts to make Gilgamesh fairly green with envy. The nail, the noose, the twenty coins and now this).
You haven't interfered yet, of course, she can protect herself quite handily. But you watch anyway, having nowhere else to be.
Then you catch a flicker of movement. Your attention is riveted as, four streets away, you notice something coming into being from the bizarrest summoning you've ever laid eyes on.
An odd amalgamation of skinless flesh and flailing limbs, surrounded by magicians. Independently they're fairly weak, bar the old, plainly dressed man, but working together they have amassed power beyond any summoning you've even conceived. Whatever that thing is, it seems to be some sort of familiar bound to all of them equally, perhaps some sort of sentient giant golem, although even that wouldn't really explain it. All you can tell for sure is that the thing they've bought into being is dangerous, and you can't be sure of your ability to take it.
And worse, Heinkel, or her companion, hasn't noticed it yet.
You're move.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 05:12 PM
Sanya:

The Knight frowns at his Captive's lack of speech.

"Hmmm. Most unfortunate." He raises his saber, light glinting off the tip... and sheathes it, picking up the crippled dwarf thing and dragging it off to the sidelines. Then, to Heinkel's bewilderment, he pulls out a first aid kit and quickly disinfects and bandages the wound in 20 seconds. "Hope very much that you survive your injuries. Vyzdoravlivaj skoree."

He walks back over to Heinkel.

"So, what do you decide?"

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 05:33 PM
Sanya
It gropes at you, not seeming to be threatening, then grabs the sword at your hip and tries to pull it out. "Mine. Mine Gimme!" It mutters, in vaguely coherent English.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 05:42 PM

Sanya gently but firmly removes the creatures hand from Esperacchius with surprising strength.

"Prasti, Master Dwarf. A Being of Power entrusted it to my care, and I cannot let it go so easily."

The dwarf is clearly, desperately, disappointed, and tries to grab it again.

Seeing as it cannot currently stand, Sanya stands up, bringing the Sword out of reach, and puts on his brightest smile.

"Still, no reason to be glum. Tell me why you need the sword, and perhaps we can accomplish both our goals."

He still awaits Heinkel's answer.

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 05:44 PM
Sanya
It grabs for the sword again, still claiming it belongs to him, and you should give it to the dwarf figure, completely ignoring your reasonable tone of voice, or even the fact you spoke at all.

Draxx
2010-06-23, 05:52 PM
Heinkel considers putting it out of it's misery. She decides against it, mostly because random kindness seems to suit her companions way of thinking, and she'd rather not alienate him over something so simple.
The gun vanishes into her coat, and she kneels over next to him, looking down at the dwarf, but taking care not to touch it. "Vell, something is after us, ja?" She replies, removing her sunglasses to reveal big unfocussed eyes, a shade of blue so light they're almost white.
"Ze Iscariot does not run. Ve do not sureender so much as a step. That iz ze vay ve do these tings." Then she looks looks up at the clouds. "But the Iscariot is no more. Only me an' Anderson, and Yumiko." A certain fondness creeps into her tone as she says the two names. Her life is empty of all connection save god, but Yumiko is the closest thing she has to a friend and confidant, and Anderson is the closest she has to a father.
"Ve should keep movink." She says, her tone becoming decisive. "Take ze relics to safety, ja? Then ve can vorry about enemies."

Colesign
2010-06-23, 05:57 PM

The Knight of the Cross spreads his hands.

"If we cannot talk about this, construct dialogue, then I must leave. With the sword." He adds. "Can you not tell me why you want it?"

If the dwarf doesn't give a clear answer, he will sigh, walk to Heinkel's side, and say:

"Very reasonable, what you say." He ponders what must be done to secure the relics. "Perhaps if we find Midnighter? Heard he was in Basin City to break heads. We could use his Teleport Device thing to head straight to Rome. Though first we need to find him."

He turns around, and based on raw instinct, points a finger in a random direction. "Let's go...uh, that way, da!"

Prime32
2010-06-23, 05:59 PM
{{Assume that Archer has alerted the group to the horrible monster a short distance away.}}

Draxx
2010-06-23, 06:11 PM
Heinkel
The agent, somewhat familiar with Archer but still startled by his sudden arrival, draws her guns so fast they seem to have appeared in her hands. Her voice is icy calm. "Can you delay it?" She asks.
Given that he'll say yes, she nods and replaces her sunglasses. "Then hyu ha best do so. Do not die, ve vill need hyu again before the end." Impulsively, she kisses him on the cheek, then runs in the way Sanya indicated.

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 06:36 PM
A thing emerges from behind the group, a mass of red, shiny skin and thrashing clawed limbs. It moves deceptively swiftly, and it occurs you that it seems to be subconsciously in control of it's changes, somewhat co-ordinated despite it's constantly shifting body with more limbs emerging and retracting at what seems to be random, and yet they never tangle or get in each others way. It's growing in size, it's about the size of a room now and is still swelling.
It moves unerringly towards you, sensing you without any visible stimuli, and speeding up.

Prime32
2010-06-23, 06:40 PM
"Go."

Archer turns to face his enemy. A wall of large blades springs into existence before the beast, blocking its path.

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 06:46 PM
The beast pauses for a moment, giving the impression of studying the blades, although you can't be sure. It gingerly begins to slide through.
The blades knick and cut it superficially, a few cut deep, but the wounds close almost as soon as they slide away.
Not only does it seem hard to hurt, it apparently has a healing factor as well.

Behind it, you see the wizard smile. His creation is perfect.

doliest
2010-06-23, 06:47 PM
Bob
Not the best idea, but he wasn't being hurt. That was good. He could handle this for a bit. Besides the thing couldn't attack the others while doing this. The could help him. Right? Bob breathes and says," A little help? Please?"

Draxx
2010-06-23, 06:51 PM
Heinkel turned as it approached and walked backwards, firing shot after precise shot at the coming monster as fast as the guns can handle without jamming. It's lack of discernible anatomy makes it difficult to know where she should shoot it, so she aims anywhere and everywhere.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 07:01 PM
Sanya:

Sanya sees that Heinkel's bullet are having little effect, and stows the Kalashnikov on his back.

Then he steps to Heinkel's side, and draws Esperacchius from it's scabberd.

White light floods the courtyard, blazing from the blade of the Sword, the Holy Light of Creation. Sanya raises it up to the sky, his face stern and implacable, a Champion of God.

"Leave this reality, creature, and harm no more."

Outwardly he is composed. Inwardly, though still stalwart, he 'crosses' his fingers, hoping that a Sword of the Cross, which can slay things from demons to Fallen to Vampire Gods, and even Outsiders (eldritch abominations immune to magic), can harm this thing.

{Maybe it's light could weaken the creature too. Maybe...}

Prime32
2010-06-23, 07:06 PM
A bow is formed in Archer's hands, and he nocks the Fake Spiral Sword. It shoots towards the beast faster than a bullet, and explodes on impact in a deafening roar.

{OOC: Would give a cooler description, but half-asleep}

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 07:06 PM
The thing bounds forward, crossing the space between it and Archer in a single leap, limbs flailing and bony claws and talons growing out. In begins to reduce in size, as it's limbs weave a pattern of death. Anything caught by it is going to suffer.
It is, for the moment, ignoring Sanya and Heinkel. It is single minded, pursuing one target to the exclusion of all else, then moving on to the next.
And then the Spiral sword hits it.
The sword is little more then a white beam of light, impacting with a thunderclap, a deafening wave of sound then you all feel as a vibration. The world goes white as it explodes. The ground tremors and buckles at the incredible impact, as a unstoppable force meets an immovable object. Then the light fades, to reveal a scene of devastation at resulting move. But when it clears, the beast is still there, injured but not beaten, already putting itself back together.

This is going to be a tough fight.

The sisters of Light disperse, Zeddicus last to go. They have created a perfect weapon. No need to stay around.

Bob
The mouth slams shut on one outstretched arm, chomping through gristle, bone, muscle and flesh with a single bite, and tearing it to ribbons. You just manage to avoid losing it. It heals, but very slowly and reluctantly.

doliest
2010-06-23, 07:08 PM
Light
Light looks over at the Father and shrugs, "So, Father, are we going to move, or are we simply to sit here? We could be accomplishing things while the others argue over whether or not they should take the coins."

Bob
Bob screams and attempts to kick the thing in the kneecap, assuming he can currently move any limb, "Please!? I don't know how I'm healing, but I don't think I can do anything else!"

Colesign
2010-06-23, 07:14 PM
Sanya:

He sees Zedd and the Sisters run off.

"The summoners are escaping!"

He turns to Heinkel. "Taking down the summoners might banish the creature back, or reduce it's power. They will also not expect frontal assault!"

Assuming Heinkel assents, he takes off in a sprint, and shouts to Archer:

"Good Spirit! See if you can get the creature to follow you, and lure it away from civilian population. We'll try to weaken it by taking out the conjurers!"

He runs on to the side, the Light of the Sword kicking up brief white sparks as he goes, and attempts to intercept Zedd and co. via the Alleyways.

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 07:14 PM
((Sammuel L Jackson is at the castle. You are halfway across the world.))

industrious
2010-06-23, 07:17 PM
Sam

Sam staggers to his feet, and attempts to join the Bride and Travis.

"He...isn't...after...us. Other...boss...guy...below."

He looks...well, frankly, terrible. His skin is pale and drawn in several places, part of his hair has turned grey(he looks like a younger, stupider Reed Richards), and he has to hold himself upright against one of the pews.

The Midnighter

The Midnighter ignores the temptation inside his head. He can live with it. He hopes.

"Carrier: Door to Kira's present location."

Jenny Sparks

"Hold on Bob!"

Jenny hits the man-creature with another lightning bolt, using up the last of her reserve energy. She nearly collapses with the effort.

Prime32
2010-06-23, 07:18 PM
The Summoners run off... directly into Archer, who used the explosion as cover to get outside and behind them. His twin swords materialise in his hands and dart forward with superhuman speed.

EDIT: Stop posting so quickly. :smalltongue:

Colesign
2010-06-23, 07:20 PM
{Sorry. Okay, Sanya's still doing his defiant warrior pose.}

Draxx
2010-06-23, 07:20 PM
Heinkel
Shaking her head to clear it of the after effects of the explosion, she stares at Archer for a moment, then looks at the creature. They have just lost their first protection, and her guns have been shown to have no effect. Grimacing her teeth, she remembers Andersons words. Only the relics matter. hey can't allow another Nicodemus.'

So be it.

She looks around, her gaze settling on the roof of the enormous palace. Throwing her guns aside, she runs at the creature, leaping into what looks like a flying tackle. For a moment you think she's gone mad, then pages flicker around her, bible pages. The next second, the two are gone, reappearing on the roof.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 07:25 PM
Sanya:

"Wha..." he manages to cry out before being teleported away.

After reappearing behind the summoners, he shakes his head for a moment.

"Bohez moi."

Then heraises Esperacchius and charges with a defiant cry at the nearest magic-user, zig-zagging in case they know any evocations.

Sanya is very much a fan of the "Defiant Charge" school of thought.

Edit: {Whoops. Are we near Archer and Zedd and Co.? I may have misunderstood}

Double Edit: {okay here we go}

Sanya processes what has happened, then he charges to the nearby roof and begins climbing up with adroit skill, for the time being re-sheathing the sword. Near the top, he calls out:

"Hey Devoushka! Need help, or shall I go after the summoners?"

Draxx
2010-06-23, 07:26 PM
((I changed it when we rethought our actions.))

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 07:32 PM
Heinkel
The roof of the palace it is. You are far away from the relics, and the beast begins to claw at you, which feels like being skinned alive, tearing into you. The back of your coat is soaks in blood, and you are ripped off the beast and hurled aside.

Archer
The first two die before they even notice you, then Zedd shouts something, and you are blind.
It clears after a moment, though your vision is bleary, and you get a shock. They are all gone. Everyone is, except Sanya and the blood beast.

The Midnighter
A door opens, and you walk to the opening of the Old worlds palace. Anderson is scowling at Light, and Light looks especially shifty.

Sparks
The human figure is effected, and for a brief moment all the other creatures seem to be as well. It's enough to allow him to slip out of a few of the coils at least.
Suddenly Swift is beside you, and catches you as you slump. "I'm getting you out of here." She says. "This was a mistake." Her wings flap, and she launches into the air, carrying you out of reach, and leaving 'Bob' in it's clutches.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 07:37 PM
Sanya:

He sees the two summoners die, the rest escape, and see Heinkel get slashed by the creature.

Sanya does not like that

With a shout of fury, he reaches the rooftop, and sprints toward the creature, sword held high. The Holy Light of Esperacchius grows to blinding proportions, and he viciously slashes deep into the creature's side with it as he runs past, hopefully getting away before the creature counter attacks.

{Edit: should I retcon this, seeing as I just undid your escape plan?"}

Double Edit: {Retcon it is}

Sanya empathically winces at Heinkel's wounds as he reappears.

"Are you alright, Devoushka?"

As he watches, the wounds close up.

"A regenerator just like Anderson!" he exclaims, then listens as the cry to the summon creature echoes from the distant rooftop.

"I am guessing we run away from creature and hunt down the summoners, da?"

Draxx
2010-06-23, 07:38 PM
Anderson
Anderson gets to his feet, walks over to you, and without ceremony clocks you in the face. "Bastard. Never dae tha' again." He says, then turns and walks away.

Wolfe
((My fault for not being clear. She teleported the creature to the furthest point she could see to delay it. So it's way out of Sanya's reach.))

Heinkel gets loose as quickly as she can, wincing at the injuries but not unduly bothered. She once lost her leg, her arm and her face, pain is nothing she can't deal with. She's a few kilometers away, quite a distance up, so the creature will no doubt have a hell of a time catching up again. The second she's free, she leaps of the edge, and teleports again, returning to where she started. With any luck, she's bought enough time for them to get away.

Ozymandius
Adrian follows Midnighter through, and waits patiently.

doliest
2010-06-23, 07:41 PM
Bob
Bob looks over to where his new friends used to be. They were leaving. Crap. He looks over at the creature, and turns and runs, hoping to hell it doesn't follow him.
Light
"Hello Midnighter. We're just waiting for the others to arrive and then I assume we'll be on our way." Great, another eye on him. On the other hand, it was one that wasn't convinced that he needed to be killed.

industrious
2010-06-23, 07:41 PM
The Midnighter
"What have you found out?"

The Midnighter stares at Light for a moment. Then another.

Sparks
"Wait..." Jenny gasps.

"What about Bob? We can't...just leave him."

doliest
2010-06-23, 07:42 PM
Light
"Nothing yet. The Priest wouldn't let me out of his sight." Unfortunately, or one Ghost Rider would be dead.

industrious
2010-06-23, 07:48 PM
The Midnighter

"...Good. I don't trust you. At all."

It's hard to feel offended by that statement. Even if Light hadn't done anything, the Midnighter wouldn't trust him. The number of people he does trust can be counted on his fingers.

Draxx
2010-06-23, 07:49 PM
Anderson
Having got his petty vengeance (eye for an eye) out of the way, though he admitted it wasn't really very christian, Anderson shrugged. "City is empty." He says, then gestures at the castle behind them. "I guess in there."

Heinkel
"Nein." She replies. "Not as advanced." She winces, and pushes herself to her feet. She swears, then goes looking for her guns, and shudders. "Vell, hyu ask me ve should be running."

Colesign
Sanya:

Sanya reconsiders his current plan, based on the events of the past few minutes

"Faugh. That beast stinks. A stench like acid and metal. Hgghhh...now that I think about it, the summoners did not share that stench. Meaning that they aren't linked to big beast's welfare. Meaning it has no weaknesses."

The cries of the beast echo forth once again in the distance.

"Agreed. Perhaps we should go back to old plan. Run, Find Anderson, or maybe Midnighter fellow if he is in city."

doliest
Light
Light shrugs, "It's rather annoying, we've just been sitting here, when we could be figuring out where we are and where we should be going." And give me a minute of peace to kill a Ghost Rider.

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 07:52 PM
Jenny
"He's survived so far, he can manage a little longer." She replies. "And I've only got one arm. I'll get you safe, then I'll go back."

Bob
The ground shakes behind you. You glance over your shoulder, and gasp in horror.
A black elephant with glowing red eyes is leading a stampede after you, trumpeting madly, which blends with hoots, growls and snorts. A few wolves even stop and howl. It has to be the most unsettling noises you've heard. Or can remember hearing, anyway. You can't be sure, of course. It's probably best if you focus on running.

doliest
2010-06-23, 07:54 PM
Bob
Bob looks back for a second until deciding on a course of action that was likely to get him killed. On the other hand, he couldn't outrun....that. Somehow getting the feeling this was a bad idea and he'd tried something this suicidal before, he turns back and attempts a running leap to grab onto the trunk of the elephant.

Draxx
2010-06-23, 07:56 PM
Anderson
"None o' us trust each other, lad." He says. "We're a regular den o' thieves. Noo' who wants tae charge head long intae hell," He gestures at the building "An' who wants tae wait here?"
He puts a hand on Light. "O course, ye dinnae get a choice. Ye're stayin here wit' me."

Heinkel
Heinkel nods. "Anderson vas huntink the last of the bearers." She says, but turns to look at Archer.
"Spirit, vhat do hyu tink?"

doliest
2010-06-23, 08:01 PM
Light
"Not to sound impatient, but we could easily be defeating our enemies. What was the point of giving me a coin, only to have me sit down and not help?" Light sighed, wondering whether or not Anderson was some type of universe-mandated punishment for getting somewhere.

industrious
2010-06-23, 08:02 PM
The Midnighter

"Father, with all due respect..." Meaning, of course, none at all.

"...we're going to need every live body we can throw at the man. So bring him along with you. And if he dies...we can use his corpse as a shield."

Jenny Sparks

"Or we could..." use a Door. But that wouldn't really work. They had to defeat this madman, not run away. And even if Jenny didn't have much power to spare(none to spare), she should be able to come up with something.

"hurry."

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 08:02 PM
Archer
Looking up, you can see a winged woman carrying a woman in white towards you. She's approximately ten miles and hasn't seen the two of you yet. They look very out of place, are wearing modern clothing, and are both far from fresh. The winged woman has plenty of cuts all over her and an arm in a sling. The other looks driven past the point of exhaustion.

Bob
You move fast. Faster then you are pretty sure humans are supposed to move. You leap up the trunk and onto it's back. Only problem is, it's back is already taken. As the trunk gropes for you, a trio of black apes with glowing red eyes advance on you.

Draxx
2010-06-23, 08:06 PM
Anderson
"Tha' be what I meant, o'course." He amends. "I'll be goin' intae yon castle, an' he;ll be comin' wit' me. But anyone who dinnae needed, had best get back ontae ye're ship."

Ozymandius
Adrian moves, but doesn't say anything.

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 08:06 PM
Jenny Sparks
The dark birds have broken off their pursuit, and the two of you are flying free. she begins to descend, heading back towards the castle.

doliest
2010-06-23, 08:07 PM
Light
"I'd be offended, but you probably have the same opinion of everyone on this team with your group member's as exceptions." Actually, he wouldn't be offended regardless. With that he moves towards the castle, happy to finally get some work done.

Bob
Bob looks between the three, and hoping for some other ability from nowhere to emerge. Or would it be Re-emerge? Regardless, hoping for something to appear in the next few minutes to save him. To buy time, he starts moving around hoping to get the trunk to grab one of the apes, to atleast improve his odds.

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 08:11 PM
Bob
Though you haven't realized it yet, the animals are all extensions of one being, with a hive mind. Using the monkeys eyes, it pinpoints your location and grabs at you, it's trunk, a single, coiled muscle, far stronger then you.
You feel a weight in your pocket. Surely it should be negligible, yet you notice the weight of the coin.

Misa reaches into her pocket. Wait... where did it go?

A cry for help is enough for a demon. Leviathan has returned to his bearer.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 08:12 PM
Sanya:

He follows Archer's gaze, and looks up to see Swift and Jenny flying by.

He jumps up and down, waving:

"Stoje, Stoje! Friends, friends over here!"

doliest
2010-06-23, 08:13 PM
Sylar
Bob clenches the coin, and smiles with a grin too many dead people recognized. Bob was dead, and Sylar was back. He looks at the trunk for a moment before attempting to steal memories from the 'hive mind' that had grabbed him.

industrious
2010-06-23, 08:16 PM
Jenny Sparks

Jenny drops to see Sanya. She stares. Not only because the man is fit, but because he's black. And speaks with a Russian accent. He gets it a lot.

"Are you a manifestation of my former drinking problem? Or just one of life's little jokes?"

She looks dead serious about the comment. Obviously, she is joking.

The Midnighter

"Then we understand each other."

The Midnighter walks right behind Light. And while having a switchblade at his throat would be far too crude for the superhero, Light gets the message.

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 08:21 PM
Sylar
((You now have lightning powers, though you can't create it, and can grow wings at will (like angel in X-men) only they are black feathers. If you need to ask why, then I'm clearly doing something wrong.))

The trunk snatches you, and the stampede slows and stops. You don't notice. It takes a while, you only get fragments and vague impressions, then it hits you in a rush. He was called Fabro Rowan, and was born at the Sea of Estray, where he learned scorcery. The secrets of magic are still hidden from you, but you move on.Trying to become immortal, he developed a method to absorb and merge his existence with the lives of other creatures, and eventually became a sole accumulation of lives with a collective consciousness, aligned with his will yet not entirely under his control and of nature beyond his own understanding.
Their are six hundred and sixty six of them within him, and he has not yet revealed half his powers.

Sanya, Jenny, Heinkel
To you, they are a speck, barely visible in the sky, but as they get closer you do begin to see more, if you shade your eyes. Of course, you don't have Archer's eyesight. Swift glides towards you, and stops on the street, letting Jenny Sparks go.
"I'll go get Bob." She says, then throws herself back into the sky.

Draxx
2010-06-23, 08:23 PM
Heinkel
The Iscariot agent removes her glasses. "I know hyu." She says, the snaps her fingers. "Sparks. Jenny Sparks." She says. "Heard you were dead."

industrious
2010-06-23, 08:26 PM
Jenny Sparks

Jenny raises an eyebrow.

"I got better. For the next two days. And you're a member of Iscariot who hasn't ever gotten laid. Introductions later. We have a what-the-hell-is-it to kill."

Colesign
2010-06-23, 08:29 PM
Sanya:

Sanya blinks for a moment.

Then he breaks into laughter.

"Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...! Ah, drinking problem, drinking problem... Must remember that one..."

In a more serious vein, he notices Jenny's injuries, and takes out his medical kit.

"I am Sanya," he gestures to Heinkel and Archer, " and this is Heinkel, Iscariot priest, and this is friendly Spirit. Do you need medical attention?"

Edit:

After listening to Jenny:

He grimaces: "What a large coincidence! We have large scary creature to kill too!"

industrious
2010-06-23, 08:32 PM
Jenny Sparks

"I'm not exactly injured...just exhausted." Jenny slumps against the nearest hard surface.

"If anybody has a tazer, speak now or forever hold your piece."

doliest
2010-06-23, 08:33 PM
Sylar
Sylar looks down at the pathetic creature on the ground. Sylar then attempts to grow wings to escape the trunk.

Draxx
2010-06-23, 08:35 PM
Heinkel
Seeing she's overmatched in the banter department, she goes quiet. At her asking for a taser, she shrugs. "Nein, nein. Bullets are better deterrent." She reaches into her coat, and removes a mobile phone. "Hyu can have zis, if it helps." Then she gets interested. "Hwat is a... whatever it is?"

Colesign
2010-06-23, 08:39 PM
Sanya:

He frowns at Jenny's request, and then digs through his duffel, finally pulling out one of those "knuckle duster" grip type Tasers, and holds it up with a smile.

"Ah, I have one, Devoushka?"

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 08:39 PM
Sylar
Your shoulders ache, and then something spouts out. Two huge wings, beating the air. You manage to slip away and escape into the night air. For a moment you exalt, savoring the feel of freedom, then the man... Then Nrvnqsr Chaos lets something else out. A huge, scaly lizard with a savage, triangular head and burning red eyes. It spreads wings of it's own.
A dragon. He had a dragon inside him.

doliest
2010-06-23, 08:46 PM
Sylar
He wished he'd known that ahead of time. He flies upwards, hoping to see a storm cloud, ANYTHING he could steal lightning from to hit the creature with.

industrious
2010-06-23, 08:46 PM
Sanya:

He frowns at Jenny's request, and then digs through his duffel, finally pulling out one of those "knuckle duster" grip type Tasers, and holds it up with a smile.

"Ah, I have one, Devoushka?"

Jenny Sparks

"Brilliant." She weakly grabs it from Sanya, holds it so that the contacts are right over her heart.

"Clear!"

She fires it, directly into her heart. And while those who know Jenny would easily figure out that she is using the electricity to heal herself, Sanya and Heinkel might not.

"A what-ever-it-is is a highly technical term for something I don't have a bloody clue about. In this case, a man who creates nasty beasties from himself. Lovely bloke, I'm sure at the pub...or zoo."

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 08:49 PM
Sylar
There is a storm above, and having survived being punted out of orbit by Lobo after you attempted to 'jack his ride', you are fairly sure you can survive the powerful winds in the brewing storm. However, it does make it very hard to control, as the winds knock you around, knocking you this way and that.

doliest
2010-06-23, 08:52 PM
Sylar
Sylar rises up further into the storm and tries to draw electricity to him.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 08:55 PM
Sanya:

Sanya grunted suddenly, as if the weight of his duffel bag had suddenly increased. But that was impossible...

"Ah. Sounds like black magic, dark transformation. Well, our creature is red, pulsating, morphing mass of evil that won't die."

He ponders, then brightens with a thought.

"What if your creature and our creature were to meet? Fight of Century, maybe."

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 08:55 PM
Jenny
You feel yourself again.

Sylar
As you do, you see a woman with white wings flying towards you. It occurs to you that you could probably work with them for a while. If you want to, that is.

doliest
2010-06-23, 08:56 PM
Sylar
(So Sylar doesn't remember what he did as Bob?)
Sylar looks up at the woman for a second, before attempting to focus all of the electricity on the dragon chasing him.

Draxx
2010-06-23, 08:58 PM
Heinkel
"Or they vould vork together, perhaps." She replies, still listening to Jenny. The description sounds familiar, somehow. "Blue cloak? Intense eyes, says chaos a lot?"

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 08:58 PM
(Yes he does. Sorry, what I mean is they seem to trust you.)

industrious
2010-06-23, 09:00 PM
Jenny

Jenny tosses the spent tazer charge away. While she's fully healed, she isn't going to be throwing any lightning bolts soon. Unless they happened to be on top of the remains of the power grid.

"That could work. And yes to the unholy trinity of questions you just asked."

doliest
2010-06-23, 09:02 PM
Sylar
Sylar turns to Shen and yells, "Dragon after us!"

Draxx
2010-06-23, 09:02 PM
Heinkel
"Nrvnqsr Chaos." She says. "Vell, zat is not news I could have hoped for." She says. "He is vun of the vorst abominations who still lives. Vorse then Alucard vas."

Cracklord
2010-06-23, 09:04 PM
Sylar pretending to be 'Bob'
She glides around, far more in control then you. Of course, understanding is not experience, so you suppose it's to be expected. "Follow me!" She shouts back, and leads you into a dive.

industrious
2010-06-23, 09:07 PM
Jenny Sparks

"Nerve...Never...Who the hell came up with his name? Bloody unpronounceable, Vatican wankers...not you. Tell you what. Tinkerbell is headed this way. How do we stop it, and more to the point, why is a cocktail wielding a sword?

doliest
2010-06-23, 09:12 PM
Sylar
Sylar nods and flys up after Shen while still trying to hurl the lightning at the dragon.

Colesign
2010-06-23, 09:15 PM
Sanya:

"I am not cocktail!" he says in confusion, responding to Jenny.

"I am a Knight of the Cross. And this possibly Holy sword is called Esperacchius. It is very useful."

He hears different foul cry in the other direction, a cacaphony of eerie shrieks.

He slowly draws Esperacchius, and looks around nervously.

"I still think Fight of Century may work. Nrvnqsr Chaos..." he pronounces it smoothly, "...may be smart, but our scary creature is not. Do not think it even has mouths to talk."

Draxx
2010-06-23, 09:19 PM
Heinkel
She sighs, obligated to defend the name. "Hyu understand code? Vell the name is the signifier of ze number of the beast. Six six six. It makes sense, not arbitrary."

industrious
2010-06-23, 09:21 PM
Jenny Sparks

"You're a Black Russian, aren't you? Vodka and coffee liquor. My breakfast drink of choice. Until '96."

Jenny looks around for any exposed wiring.

"Fight of the Century sounds good to me. I went to Catholic school until I was thirteen. Numerology was not my strong suit."

Colesign
2010-06-23, 09:54 PM
Sanya:

He frowns over the Jenny's breakfast statement, unsure if it's a double entendre or not.

"Da, I am a Russian. My parent were retired Ethiopian guerillas sponsored by the soviets...uh, long story."

Esperacchius glow becomes brighter, 'Sting' style.

"If we are to arrange Fight of Century, at least two of us must lure each scary creature towards one another, somewhere where civilians can't get hurt. Then run off."

He paused, then added. "By the way, do you know what is causing Medieval Times here?"

He gestures around at the thatched roofs.

industrious
2010-06-23, 09:58 PM
Jenny Sparks

"I'll take Tinkerbell Unpronounceable." Jenny notices a scorch mark on her Union Jack tee.

"Oh brilliant. Anyway, I don't think there are any civilians to be found. None that I've seen anyway. As for the Medieval bit...no idea. Something about a cosmic keystone and magic...not my strong suit."

Colesign
2010-06-23, 10:16 PM

The Knight of the Cross nodded.

"Then I take the Outsider."

He turns to Heinkel.

"When it's time, please teleport me a small distance from the Outsider. I make big beacon of Light with my Sword, get beast's attention, lure it in. When it's close, we teleport small distance away, rinse and repeat until it's next to Nrvnqsr Chaos. We let them fight, and run off, maybe find Anderson or Midnighter, figure out how to undo Medieval Times."

He hesitates. "What do you think best location for Fight of Century is?"

industrious
2010-06-23, 10:30 PM
Jenny Sparks

She shrugs.

"Here is good."

Colesign
2010-06-23, 10:37 PM
Sanya:

"Right." He looks at Archer. "Do what you can to help."

He turns to Heinkel and Jenny.

"We start when you are both ready."

The two cries of the two monsters sound, both louder than before

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 01:22 AM
Sanya, Jenny Sparks, Archer, Heinkel Wolfe, Sylar/Bob
First to appear over the horizon are a woman and man, both with wings. Archer spots them a good five minutes before everyone else, as they come close. As odd as seeing Bob is, and particularly the fact that he seems to have learned to fly, what is of rather more interest is two of the things pursuing them.
Their is a cloud of perhaps a hundred birds, but you ignore them. Smething else has captured your attention.
At first, when seen it in the distance, you could be forgiven for imagining them to be particularly large birds. But they flew oddly for a bird, and as they came closer you begin to get some sense of the scale of the thing compared to its surroundings. And the shape was wrong too, it was too long, and the wings were like those of a bat, not to mention the long, lizard-like body, the enormous snake like-tail, the serpentine neck supporting the massive head, the massive shield of bone, the double row of sharp spines that run down it's long neck, the great jaws, and you think why not. It is a medieval world afterall. Who are you to say different.
Below come a hoard of animals, and the blue coated figure.

But the Blood Beast that Zedd and the sisters of Light summoned is nowhere to be seen.

Ghost Riders and Jules
There is a snuffling sound, and a huge, chaotic mass of limbs pushes itself through a doorway much to small for it, reaching for you.
The creature was summoned to kill everything but certain specific people, and so it will. After Heinkel got away, the three of you became the nearest targets, and now it's going to do it's very best to kill you.

Light, Midnighter, Ozymandius, Anderson
Richard is in the throne room, sprawled carelessly on the chair, scowling petulantly. There is a naked blade across his knees, and his hand is toying with a pendant lazily. A gorgeous woman in the slinkiest white dress you've ever seen is standing beside him, her brunette hair coming all the way down to her knees in a silky wave. And the pink priestess who threatened Midnighter is sitting on the floor, her legs crossed, looking bored.
There is nobody else anywhere to be seen.
Richard clears his throat. "I don't really feel like fighting." He says. "So go back wherever you came from, and you won't have to die."

doliest
2010-06-24, 02:15 AM
Light
Light's eyes twitch between all three to get their names, "I wouldn't be here if not for you. We can't get home while you live, so unfortunately, you're going to either give me a way back home, or die."

Sylar
Sylar turns back and attempts to hurl the lightning from the storm at the dragon, hoping injure it, or atleast slow it down. He can see Jenny and a group with her, hopefully they can help him take this....thing down, all six-hundred and sixty-six of it.

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 03:23 AM
Light
His name is not Richard Rahl. It's Richard Cypher. And he doesn't have a time or cause of death. You wonder what that means.
Hers is Kahlan Amnell nee Rahl. She dies in two hours, eleven minutes.
The woman in pink goes by the name Nicci, and her last name is Narev, although she doesn't know it. She is scheduled to die in twenty minutes.

nanobot_swarm
2010-06-24, 08:05 AM
In desperation, Travis tries to suplex him.
In terror and desperation, Jules shoots at the mass of chaos, backing away as he does.

darkblade
2010-06-24, 12:07 PM
The Bride

"Either of you happen to have anything flamable?" The Bride asks as she catches her sword and backs away from the seemingly invincible vampire.

Ghost Rider

"Never a dull moment." Johnny says as he joins Jules in the shooting, only he has a hellfire shotgun. It may be more effective.

Colesign
2010-06-24, 04:29 PM
Sanya:

Some quick reconnaissance by Sanya and Heinkel has revealed that the beast is nowhere to be seen, and that Nrvnqsr Chaos can apparently unleash a dragon.

Sanya pales at the sight of the reptile. "Very bad! Slaying dragons is Michael's thing, not mine. Therefore I think we should run to more defensible location, uh, that way, da!" He points in a direction, that unbeknownst to him, leads straight to where Jules and the Ghost Rider are, and the blood beast as well.

"Heinkel, can you teleport more than one of us?" he asks, gesturing towards Jenny.

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 04:29 PM
Ghost Rider and Jules
The hellfire seems to hurt it, it backs away for a second. Then it gathers itself and rushes you, flailing limbs scything the air with deadly intent.
There is no room to maneuver your bikes, the dungeons ceiling is low and walls are only thirty feet across. And the portal that leads to the carrier is still open.

The Bride, Sam and Travis
He staggers back at Travis's unexpected move, but again it doesn't really hurt him.
Sam has the power of Hellfire now, although at the condition he is in he could barely light a match. You're best chance is Travis's Lightsaber over there.
The place is ark and Gothic, but those heavy drapes look like they'd go up like Guy Fawkes.

darkblade
2010-06-24, 04:43 PM
The Bride

With little else in the way of options the Bride goes to pull the curtains off the walls and to grab Travis's discarded weapon. Once she has them both in hand she throws the curtains over top of the vampire and places the blade of glowing energy on it until it lights up.

"Come on, burn mother****er, burn."

Ghost Rider

"Danny, new guy! Come on!" Blaze yells as he backs his bike, into the Door and gets back onto the Carrier.

industrious
2010-06-24, 05:09 PM
Jenny Sparks

"Dragon. Big, fire-breathing dragon. Bugger playing the damsel in distress."

Jenny waves her companions off, as she faces the dragon squarely.

"Alright, big boy. Just you and me. No electricity, no power, no plan. Well. A little one. Come on."

Sam Oliver

Sam can't really do anything at the moment. He can only watch as the Bride attempts to slay the vampire.

"He he. Sorry. Ow!" he manages to gasp out.

The Midnighter

"You hurt my friend. And you're keeping us from getting back to our world. Return the world. Or we start breaking bones."

The Midnighter extends his staff once more. Time to end this. His computer begins rolling possibilities.

doliest
2010-06-24, 05:10 PM
Light
Light look up at the man for a moment at the lack of a death date or cause of death before attempting a mental communication.

'Master? What exactly does a a lack of a death date mean?

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 05:38 PM
Nicodemus
Inky blackness swirled around him. It felt cold against his skin, like a gritty, rasping fog. In such shadow no light could exist. This was the void, the darkest reaches of existence, the furthest point from the light of heaven in all creation, the place of shadow were the demons called home, and where dark beings whose cruelty knew no bounds were born. This darkness was like nothing you have ever experienced, blocking not just your sight but filling your ears and nostrils, leaving him nothing to affect the world in any way. He was truly alone.
The darkness was like nothing ever seen in any other world, for darkness is not anything more than the absence of light. But this was shadow so thick it seemed like a roiling sea, crushing the life out of any who dared enter it. He could not breathe, for there was nothing to fill his lungs. Nothing but an endless ocean of utter dark, that trapped him, kept him from living, kept him for dying or moving in any way.
So this was hell. No fire, no brimstone, just tossed aside from the light of heaven, never to see paradise. You are not sure you prefer it to pain, somehow, the sadism you see in Anduriel would have been preferable to this endless, ceaseless emptiness.
You try to move and realize you can’t, you have nothing to move. No longer had any form, any substance, any being whatsoever. Smaller then the meanest ghost, less then the most insubstantial of spirits. You are nothing, held in check only by the terrible, endless dark.
How long have you been here? You can’t know. How could you? There is no way to measure time. But what does it matter? What’s time to an ageless being? You have no need for sustenance, or rest, and there is no reprieve for the void that burned in his soul, defying his attempts to master it. And the darkness was constant, neither growing or receding.
Suddenly the darkness feels claustrophobic, and you know you have to get out, go anywhere, escape this prison. Heedlessly you flail your limbs, ignoring the lack of sensations and your earlier discovery. Nothing moved, for there was nothing to move. You fight back a scream, then remembered he had nothing to scream with.
Then you sense something beyond the darkness. You are aware of it in your mind, there is nothing in the darkness. You can feel it's immeasurable length on either side of you, it's immeasurable depth below, dark beyond black, cold beyond ice.
In your mind you sense tendrils moving to inspect you, playing over where your body would be. It stops, and withdraws.
Of course. The demons. Here's one now. You suppose you're about to be tortured after all. But to your surprise, the thing speaks in your mind.
Well, Nicodemus, what happens now?

Light
Either he will never die, or this. He has no fate. His destiny is his own. He can kill people before their time, act in ways against fate. Anomalies like him are rare.

The Midnighter
Unless you close in now, he'll start flinging magic. Which would be bad, as you can't fight back, and it seems the demon was telling the truth. He can unmake you.
The fight itself does not look good. If his wife touches you, or holds eye contact, the calculations abruptly stop, which can't be good. And you have to fight ****, who has not lost any of his skill or speed. Worse, he seems to have miraculously recovered from Hawksmoors beating, so you can;t even be sure he'll stay dead.
"You started the fight, if I remember correctly." You remember something about being taken prisoner and frogmarched over to his throne room, but Richard doesn't seem to be bothered by accuracy.
"You see, every man is the master of his destiny, free to take the choices that define him through life. Their decisions and actions are what defines them, regardless of circumstances or conditions. However, it falls to each individual to make these choices themselves, and ultimately must stand on their own. You, free of any outside influence, chose to strike me, and so I chose to respond in the appropriate manner. Neither can truly be said to be at fault, for we both simply made a choice and accepted the consequences, defining ourselves. For example, lets say I decide to fix a set of stairs..." He stops, and gives a small chuckle. "No, wait, that doesn't work. OK, lets say I want to go to the market and buy some oranges..."

The Bride, Travis, Sam
He catches, and he doesn't try to put out the fire. He simply sits back and lets it consume him. Two elders are dead. One remains.
You remember, in addition, the little gadget the metrosexual carried. Might come in useful.

industrious
2010-06-24, 05:46 PM
Nicodemus

"Where..." he breaks off. He hasn't used his voice in what appears to be ages. "what is this?"

The Midnighter

He has to move quickly. Faster than he had moved before. He could do that.

The Midnighter is little more than a blur during his approach. His fingers are extended and together, his staff in his opposite hand. Magic A is Magic A. And most people need to speak to use it.

He strikes, his fingers jammed into Cypher's throat. If he crushes the man's windpipe, excellent. If not, he'd be hard-pressed to give any more monologues.

The wife presented a trickier problem. He'd let Anderson focus on her.

Sam Oliver

Sam is still lying on the floor.

"I need a hand here. I think."

doliest
2010-06-24, 05:48 PM
Light
Then the Death Note will have no effect on him?

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 05:56 PM
Light
I did not say that.

The Midnighter
His esophagus is crushed under the impact, and his speech breaks off in a sort of messy, rattling wheeze. Blessed silence.
Of course, moving like this, left you open. You already know what's coming, but it doesn't make it any easier to except. Your universe shrinks to a tiny, private world of pain as he kicks you between the legs and shoves you away. Getting to his feet he twirls his sword and advances on you, eyes narrow.

Nicodemus
Within me. The voice replies. The devils three mouths hold King Herod, Judas Iscariot, and you, Nicodemus. I chose to end your suffering. I even removed your memory of it, and gave your memories back. Now tell me, do you want to live again?

industrious
2010-06-24, 06:00 PM
Nicodemus

"Of course." What more can be said?

The Midnighter

The cup was a good idea. Otherwise, they'd be broken, not bruised. Bending over, he uses the opportunity to transfer one of his switchblades up his sleeve.

The Midnighter steps back, and holds his staff defensively.

doliest
2010-06-24, 06:01 PM
Light
Interesting

Light turns his back to all three of them and starts walking away, slipping his hand into his pen protector to find another piece of paper. His last one, funnily enough, not counting his watch. He takes out a pen and starts writing Nicci's name, followed by 'In a fit of rage attacks Father Anderson, then dies via massive internal injury.'

Colesign
2010-06-24, 06:28 PM
Sanya:

Sanya, seeing that Jenny is refusing to run, shakes his head ruefully, exhales, and then takes out the sack of coins and the noose, passing it back to Heinkel.

"If fight goes bad, use teleport ability to withdraw, to ensure that no one gets their hands on the Denarii. Ah, and one more thing."

He reaches into the duffel, and draws out a classic European broadsword, a long iron nail worked into the cross-hilt. He passes it to Heinkel.

"If fight goes really bad, get this out of here as well. As long as Ammoracchius is always used for the right reasons, it will be secure."

He steps forward, then pauses with a smile. "But I do not think fight will go badly."

He raises up Esperacchius at the approaching Dragon, and it's glow spreads out through the evening light.

"Allo, Gospodin Chaos."

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 06:33 PM
Nicodemus
This is not a gift bestowed lightly. It will cost me, and worse, he will do the same. He can undo the death of any single being who has died. Do you understand now?
The being, that you presume to be Lucifer, grows agitated. If he so chooses, his son could walk the earth again.
Then it stops, and stills. But I will. In return. however, I will expect your obedience, Nicodemus. And I will keep your soul.

The Midnighter
His first stroke cuts your staff in half. His second you have to throw yourself back to avoid, and his third comes perilously close to bisecting you.
He is on the offensive, and intends to remain there.

Light
The Deathnote flies out of your hand, tugged y some invisible hand, and lands at the feet of Nicci, before you can finish writing. She shakes her head slowly, her intent clear.

Archer, Sylar, Jenny Sparks, Heinkel and Sanya
The dragons come closer, the more conventional birds fluttering around it's head, and the ground below trembles as an entire zoo smashes into the castle.
Swift and Sylar are both slightly faster then it, so they are safe so long s they keep moving, but Sylar's bolts are not having any effect.
As you draw the sword, it shines brightly, feeding of your hope and defiance like a beacon.
But it doesn't halt the incoming monsters.

doliest
2010-06-24, 06:36 PM
Light
Lovely. Simply lovely. The Death Note pieces were useless; the enemy was telekinetic.

How does Darkness work, Master? I don't think I can kill her without it.

Sylar
Sylar sighs, staring in anger at the dragon, before flying directly towards it. If he couldn't simply fry it, he'd rip the memories of how to kill it right out of it's head. He really missed the days when he could use telekinesis to bind his enemies; if Nicodemus wasn't already dead, he'd pay him a visit.

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 06:47 PM
Light
The room is too bright. They would have little power. But it matters not. You don't need the notebook anymore. The demon observes.

doliest
2010-06-24, 06:51 PM
Light
I don't? Is she about to die and you're being glib, or did I get something else from this deal?

industrious
2010-06-24, 07:05 PM
Nicodemus

"Then, master," drawls Nicodemus. "I'll simply do as you commanded two millennia ago. Befriend him, learn from him...and betray him once again. As for my obedience...we both know that it a moot point. Have I not always strived to do your will, even when I did not know it was your will?"

He pauses. "I would be of little use to you without Anduriel. Or my noose."

The Midnighter
His first stroke cuts your staff in half. His second you have to throw yourself back to avoid, and his third comes perilously close to bisecting you.
He is on the offensive, and intends to remain there.

His fourth stroke, on the other hand, is deflected, the flat of the blade pushed aside by the remnants of the Midnighter's staff. And as Richard's sword slides down towards the ground, the Midnighter flicks his wrist, and takes his switchblade to the mad king's wrists.

Jenny

"Closer..." Jenny mutters. "Just a little closer. Sanya, keep the nasties off my back until the dragon comes. I'll send it at Alpha Centauri. But I need to time this right."

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 07:18 PM
Midnighter
You only get his left one, he moves his right one back in time, and jumps back. He tries to speak, but only manages a hoarse whisper.
A muscle tics over his eye, and he presses his wrist against his hip, still backing away. Then he stares at his sword. It begins to glow.
The man has more powers then Seth Cowie, and is about to reveal another one. He swings his sword, and an arc of light shoots at you, tracing the path of the blade along the room towards you. And again, and again, the arcs cutting through anything caught in their way.

Light
"I am never glib." It replies. It's unfunny tenancies are really torture, and what's worse is it doesn't even seem to enjoy baiting you like this. With Ryuk at least you know one of you is having fun.
One of the arcs of light is coming your way.

Nicodemus
To think I feared you had changed, Nicomedus. But some things never do. I am not returning you your body. You will be born again. Satan replies. Patience.
The darkness swallows you up.

doliest
2010-06-24, 07:22 PM
Light
Light, while agile, is not exactly a pro athlete at anything except tennis, a sport that does not teach you to dodge very well. That's probably why he simply runs to the left while still screaming in his head;

Ignore the glibness comment, Master, and answer the question! I took this deal to die later, not sooner!

industrious
2010-06-24, 07:27 PM
Midnighter

The Midnighter relies both on his enhanced reflexes and his battle computer to dodge the array of arcs. He isn't perfect, though; one of the lights clips his thigh.

Nicodemus
Nicodemus waits once more. He begins humming to himself, a tune his daughter had told him about.

I will return, and live again; reincarnate, and play again. and again. and again...

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 07:36 PM
Light
"Death flows through you." Sammael replies. "Ingest a drop of their blood, and you dictate their fate."

Midnighter
You stumble, and Richard stops using his sword as a gun. In truth, it was less efficient, as you had plenty of time to see his blows coming (easy as dodging bullets, ha ha).
But it did buy him time. He points his sword at you again. In a weak, strained wheeze, he says "Dance with me death, I am ready."

Colesign
2010-06-24, 07:36 PM
Sanya:

He nods. "Da. Heinkel, Good Spirit. Help me kill the smaller creatures and project Devoushka Sparks so she can get her shot in."

He sheathes Esperacchius and pulls out his Kalashnikov again. With short controlled bursts, he tries to shoot the smaller creatures out of the sky.
When they get closer, he'll switch back to the Sword and try to slash them to bits.

industrious
2010-06-24, 07:41 PM
Jenny

"<You realize I can speak Russian, right?>"

Of course, this is spoken in flawless Russian. It would make perfect sense for the Spirit of the Twentieth Century to speak the language of both of said era's superpowers.

doliest
2010-06-24, 07:42 PM
Light
Lovely. How could I possibly fail to get that with my imposing physique and bladed weaponry?

Light sighs and looks for a target, before deciding on the girl who took his note. He moves calmly towards her, "Would it be possible to resolve this situation without me having to fight you?"

Draxx
2010-06-24, 07:48 PM
Heinkel
"Ja. Ja, I vill." She replies, stowing the bag in her coat. She takes the sword reverently, and keeps it in her hand, for lack of anywhere better to keep it. There is no flesh of light, no angelic chorus. She is not a chosen wielder, although she didn't expect to be.
Then she steps smartly forward, and raises her gun. She takes a deep breath, the thing is huge, which is to her advantage. It's eyes are larger then the targets in a firing range. She has hit fly's on the wall, and birds in flight. She's even shot bullets out of the air, in occasion. This is an easy shot.
So steeled, she begins firing precisely and aiming at the joints of the dragons wings, and it's eyes. The only places one would assume it is vulnerable.

Anderson
The enormous violent priest begins a prayer. Then he advances on Richard himself. His blades come out, and he throws them at the King, speaking in a loud, triumphant voice of what King David did to the Sodomites. It's a terrible verse, and has been removed from most modern incarnations for obvious reasons.

Ozymandius
Adrian hangs back, waiting.

Colesign
2010-06-24, 07:59 PM
Sanya:

"<Really? What a pleasant surprise!>" Sanya replies, still shooting the small creatures out of the sky with short, controlled bursts.

"<Dare I ask who you learned it from?>"

The creatures of Nrvnqsr Chaos are rapidly closing in. Sanya will keep shooting at them until they get close enough; then he will stow the assault rifle and draw Esperacchius in a flash of blazing light.

{*fidgits* C'mon, when I am gonna get to use my sword?}

Edit: Oh, and Heinkel can put it over her shoulder. It has a shoulder strap.

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 07:59 PM
Everyone on the castle
The bullets again have little effect, though you do take out an eye and remove a percentage of the bats and birds that surround it.
Having drawn close enough the first dragon swoops down towards you, tremendous maw stretched wide. It will be upon you in seconds. So if you want to activate the door system in the carrier, you had better do it now.

Sylar
Looking up, you notice something. The Dragons (two, plural) are not alone. f you were more versed in mythological literature you would identify the beasts as a trio of griffins, a manticore, a feathered serpent and a huge, batlike creature are circling around.
The dragons are a distraction, intended to draw firepower and attention while these equally deadly but less impressive creatures take them from behind.
A hivemind thinks of the good of the swarm, not the individual components.

Anderson and Midnighter
He turns and cuts the bayonets out of the air smoothly, offering his back to Midnighter. However, it's not a good idea to attack, as his wife is about to join in.

Light
"Neither of us are needed yet." Nicci agrees.

darkblade
2010-06-24, 08:01 PM
The Bride

"If you're not even going to do anything when you're on fire why not save us all the time and off yourself next time." The Bride growls at the ashes as she goes to help Sam up.

"You alright kid?"

industrious
2010-06-24, 08:04 PM
The Midnighter

The Midnighter throws the top half of his broken staff at the wife; pointy end first. Even if she knocks it out of the air, he has enough time to stab Richard with the other end. Even if its only a glancing blow.

Sam

"Head...feels funny. Like being drunk without the hangover. No. Reverse that."

Sam takes the hand, and leans into the Bride as he gets up. He doesn't mean anything by it. He's just too weak to stand on his own.

"I 'just need a 'inute."

Jenny Sparks

"Door: Alpha Centauri."

The familiar golden portal manifests between the defenders and the dragon. She'd be retreating soon herself. There had to be some electricity in the area. Even if she had to open another Door after the dragon.

doliest
2010-06-24, 08:06 PM
Light
"Indeed. Neither of us can really help right now." He looks over at the fight between the boy and Anderson, "No offense to your side, but if we're staying out of the fight, I'd wager your king is going to get hurt rather badly, probably lose."

Sylar
Sylar looks at the amassing foes and attempts to get into contact with one of the dragons to continue draining memories. There must be a weakness, a chink in the hivemind he can exploit!

nanobot_swarm
2010-06-24, 08:08 PM
Jules is sort of freaking out at this point, at least the flaming thing died, this mass of chaos doesn't seem to take a hint and do the same. He starts praying at this point, "Oh God or any nearby angel, could ya help me out? I can't do your divine work if I'm dead, and I still need to atone myself."
Travis walks over to Sam and lends him a hand to help him up. He then says, "I think we should take a break, get something to eat, y'know. Heal up a bit before taking down number three."

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 08:30 PM
Light
"You don't know Richard like I do." Oh gods. She sounds like Misa talking about you. "He's fine."

Unfortunately, she seems to be correct. Having used the greatest power of his sword, he is now the sum of all Seekers of Truth, an unbroken line of the worlds most powerful warriors and most objectivist philosophers stretching back for thousands of years. He turns, and, judging his sword to clumsy, kicks the broken pole aside. He's a blur, moving almost as fast as Apollo (though your husband does know how to take his time), his blade flickering as fast as sight.

The castle
The dragon flies into the portal, and the other one manages to break of it's dive, just, and avoid the same fate.
There is a cry of a hunting eagle, only magnified hundreds of times, as the other creatures dive on you from every other direction, unseen by anyone except Archer.

The Bride
As if on schedule, inspired by Travis's words, your phone rings.

Jules
You make your way through the portal quickly. God doesn't answer. He only has once, and the way this is going you can't help bu wonder if you imagined the whole thing.
You blink, and look around. You recognize this place, it's the Authority ship. There was an article on it once in a magazine you picked up. The Carrier, or somesuch. You don't really bother about politics.
Unfortunately, the portal is not calibrated to either of you, so you cannot command it, or close it. The blood beast is following you through.
A weak voice says "Close." Hawksmoor is awake, no longer delusional, and propted up. The portal does as asked, slicing the beast in two.
You're safe. For now.

darkblade
2010-06-24, 08:42 PM
Ghost Rider

"Thanks for the save Hawksmore." Blaze says "Where did everyone go?"

The Bride

"Hello?" The Bride answers her phone as she let's go of Sam's hand and picks up the box thingy that the Vampire held before she killed him.

industrious
2010-06-24, 08:45 PM
The Midnighter

If only he had brought his gun. Because at the moment, the Midnighter has brought the literal knife to a sword fight. Thanks to his battle computer, he is able to defend himself adequately. But only just.

Jenny Sparks

"**** me with a bloody spork."

Jenny snatches the Kalashnikov out of Sanya's hands and begins firing in short busts at the assorted wildlife. She trusts the knight to use his sword.

Sparks to the Carrier. Sparks to the Carrier. I need power. Any chance of lightning?

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 08:49 PM
Hawksmoor grunts. "Went to kill Lord ****." He replies. "You better go help." He grunts painfully, shifts a little.
Daniel nodds and replaces his shotgun.
Unnoticed, the Blood Beast is beginning to dissolve...

The Bride
"Hey Kiddo." Bill. That has to be the sweetest sound you've ever heard. "Budd couldn't come, he's busy braving the anarchist state of America for Miho's sake, but the rest of us are all here. Don't suppose you could use any help from this old man?"

Jenny Sparks in particular, as well as everyone else on the tower.
It's far more effective on creatures who don't have a literal suit of armor. Still, they die hard, most of the wounds are superficial, and they don't seem to feel pain.
The apes, and climbing animals are climbing the walls, but are slow.
Apollo begins to reply, but his mind isn't on it. He's to busy watching his husband. No electricity, the storm you passed before isn't due to roll over there for hours, and the nearest power grid is twelve miles south. He says. Nothing.

Sanya's sword on the other hand is very efficient, delighting in doing the task it was made for.

Sylar, the remaining dragon is after you, and you are all out of lightning.

doliest
2010-06-24, 08:50 PM
Light
"Anderson's pretty powerful. I will admit, he's better off than you two. You don't have long to live at all."

Sylar
Sylar dives at the creature, attempting to cling to it's underbelly so he can finally rip the memories he needs from the thing. A weakness, any weakness in the collective. Something he can exploit.

darkblade
2010-06-24, 09:03 PM
Ghost Rider

Blaze heads over to the nearest console and answers Jenny's signal. Utterly unsurprised by the dragons he replies, "I got your signal Jenny. Hope you want some high wattage."
With that he pushes several buttons that should depoly the Carrier's lightning blasting thingys.

"Do you want me and Danny to gate down to back you up?"

The Bride

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear your voice, Bill. Even if you did't get here until we are just down to one vampire lord." The Bride sighs in relief.

"We're holed up in the church in Volleretta, watch out for snipers on the main road into town. See you soon and Thank you for everything Bill."

Colesign
2010-06-24, 09:25 PM
Sanya:

The creatures of Nrvnqsr Chaos, ranging from crows to eagles to weird serpents with wings to creatures straight out of Greek Mythology dive down upon the embattled quartet. Sanya raises Esperacchius with a choice bit of Russian vocabulary and begins slashing at them.

The Sword's Light, if not lethal, blinds any creature that gets too close, forces them to slap sparks out of their eyes, and causes them to hesitate, just enough for Sanya to avoid injury. Every slash of the blade leaves gaping wounds with Holy Fire burning them wider; the smaller creatures are consumed outright.

Sanya decapitates what might be a griffin, and reaches into his duffel. He pulls out two AK-47 magazines and tosses them to Jenny with a wide grin.

He doesn't like killing in particular: he just loves a good fight.

Draxx
2010-06-24, 09:40 PM
Heinkel
Heinkel seems to dance, twirling around, firing shot after shot, reloading with practiced movements in the space between heartbeats. Each bullet is deadly accurate, each shot perfectly targeted. For a moment she's back to back with Archer, before the fight pulls her away, in another she's sharing a cigarette with Jenny as the they reload their weapons during a brief lull. Then she's beside Sanya, then back beside Jenny.
She is smiling savagely, her eyes alight behind her glasses. Jenny had pointed out that she has never been laid. This is true, but she's never really desired it. This is what she loves, making a stand for her convictions and letting her nerves sing with the moment.
God forgive her, she hasn't had so much fun since London.

Anderson
The Priest charges in, tossing a pair of bayonets to Midnighter. The poor bastard needed better weapons. Frowning with concentration, he does his best to stick the pointy end in Richard. He doesn't worry about taking a few hits to this end, he can deal with it.

Ozymandius
Adrian patiently strolls over to Light, and sits down beside him, watching the fight, carefully paying no attention to Nicci.

industrious
2010-06-24, 10:18 PM
Jenny Sparks

Blaze, get Hawksmoor to show you how to deploy the Carrier's weaponry. In the long run, I'm...not that important. Get to Middie.

Jenny is a fair shot with the assault weapon. She knows how to use it, and she can use it well, but she is nowhere near as good as Heinkel. She figures she's missing maybe thirty percent of her shots. The gun was a a 20th century icon, but she had been formally trained on much older weapons; it was the gun and not the woman who was responsible. If it had been a newer model of weapon, or a more obscure one...she'd be dead.

The Midnighter

He drops the knife and snatches the bayonets between dodging Rahl's blade. He uses bthe two weapons to his advantage; one parries and deflects the Sword of Truth, seeking not the edge but the flat of the blade, and the other furiously stabs at whatever extremity Richard leaves open.

It's only a matter of time before Rahl bleeds out. He just needs to keep moving.

darkblade
2010-06-24, 10:22 PM
Ghost Rider

"Hawksmore! Jenny needs cover fire, where are the weapons?" Blaze asks scanning the console for something that looks like a "make stuff go boom" button.

doliest
2010-06-24, 10:23 PM
Light
Light, watching the fight get more intense, finally see's his chance to act. His eyes scan the ground for where Rahl's blood lands as it starts dripping out, and dashes for the nearest non-dried puddle.

Colesign
2010-06-24, 10:27 PM
Sanya:

The creatures of Nrvnqsr Chaos just keep coming.

Sanya slices a bird-creature out of the air, then crushes it beneath his feet with a heavy stomp. He shouts to Jenny:

"We can't keep this up forever! Do you have another trick, or can you open another doorway for us to escape?"

industrious
2010-06-24, 10:43 PM
Jenny Sparks

Jenny shouts her answer between bursts.

"I'm working on it, holy man! You rush a Century Baby, you get a lousy century!"

Colesign
2010-06-24, 10:54 PM
Sanya:

He responds in Russian <"I am not a holy man–Raaaggghhhh!–I'm still undecided on the whole god thing. I do this job because it is a worthy cause, for the good of the community. Oh, and Roger that!">

During the battle cry, he whips his Blazing sword in a fast rondello, carving up a Manticore's face, before leaping out of it's retaliatory (and blinded) strike, stumbling with a curse as he does so.

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 11:03 PM
Midnighter, Yagami and Anderson
What follows is too fast to be sure of. The two of you had almost succeeded when Richard's injured hand stretched out. In the moments, you realize what he's trying to do thanks to your computers and prepare yourself, but it's not quite enough.
Organic liquid fire spurts out of his hand, like the fire the other wizard, Nathan, you think his name was, fired at you before. You disengage and run, but it roars after you.
And it is that instant, Apollo decides he's had enough watching him try to hurt you without intervening. A portal opens, and a streak of white zooms through, moving faster then sight can interpret.
Richard's sword can hurt him, but that isn't so useful when he is prepared for it, and he caves Richards face in like a runaway cement truck, sending him staggering back and knocking him off his feet. He's still alive, but only because Apollo wanted him to be. A booted foot comes down on his spine, snapping it like a twig with a wet, crunching noise.
Nicci reacts a second too late, leaping to her feet to do something, but Apollo's heat vision disintegrates her to nothing before she can so much as breathe.
Then Kahlan gets a hand around his neck. He doesn't struggle, dismissing her as a negligible threat, and readying his eyes for another blast. He never gets a chance.
Suddenly, his voice lowers an octave, full of nothing but devotion. It reminds Midnighter of himself when Godhead took control. No possibility of disobedience, no resistance, nothing but unthinking devotion.
"Command me Confessor." He says.

Ghost Rider
"Pretty much all of them." He replies vaguely. "We never seem to run out of enemies. You want lightning? Red switch. Targeters the tube over there." He gestures vaguely with the corner of his brow.

People on the Palace Roof
The chaos himself now emerges, seeming somehow diminished now that so many of his creatures are out. The corpses simply flow back into him, and get born again, he has a literally unending army. And you are all beginning to run short of bullets, and run out of energy.

industrious
2010-06-24, 11:07 PM
Jenny Sparks

Sparks shifts her aim to Chaos. If the birds and the bees wouldn't do it...

Five rounds rapid.

The Midnighter

"What are you?"

He's leaning against the wall; he hasn't been wounded too badly, but he is short of breath, and his arms feel vaguely like jelly. As idiotic as he was, Richard Rahl was good.

darkblade
2010-06-24, 11:08 PM
Ghost Rider

"Right okay." Blaze positions the lightning blaster so that as many monsters as possible will be hit.

"Jenny, get anyone who won't like getting struck by lightning away from the monsters, this is going to be big." He instructs Jenny over the comm before unleashing the firepower of the carrier onto the unsupecting monster.

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 11:20 PM
Midnighter
Richard is in no state to answer, he's barely alive. If it wasn't for his wife intervening, he'd be very dead. Kahlan grabs her husband and drags him out of the room. "Kill them." She instructs, then leaves, slamming the door behind her.
Apollo stares at Midnighter. For a moment, he seems indecisive, then he begins advancing on you, his face carefully blank. His eyes begin to flare up.

Jenny Sparks
The bullets aren't even holy, as Sanya has his sword for that. Nero barely reacts.
He's drawing the beasts back into himself. Something terrible is about to happen. Fortunately, before he gets the chance Ghost Rider will intervene.

doliest
2010-06-24, 11:27 PM
Light
Light looks over between the two of them for a moment and sighs, knowing this is going to end in his death. He pulls his watch button three times and opens it to get an insignificantly small piece of death note, and start's writing down the wife's name in incrediably tiny writing.

Cracklord
2010-06-24, 11:33 PM
Light
You use up your last fragment of Death Note. The rest was disintegrated by Apollo.
That shouldn't be a problem, you still have Misa Amani's, but not here, unfortunately. So now you are completely defenseless.

doliest
2010-06-24, 11:40 PM
Light
Light looks over at Apollo as he begins counting down the forty seconds. If his guess is right and the spell is dependent on her, this should be over. If it's wrong, he should have gone with his first instinct and killed Apollo...although then Midnighter would have killed him, so that just wasn't feasible.

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 02:15 AM
The Bride
You are binding each others wounds as best you can when the four of them arrive.
Bill is dressed in a casual suit, then suits him fine. His sword is resting on one shoulder, and he has a gun at his hip, cowboy style. He's even got the hat, which suits him. His other hand is holding three severed heads, all of which were very attractive until he used his sword on them. They are sparkling in the sunlight as though they were dipped in glitter.
Vernita Green is at his left shoulder, dressed in jeans and a shirt. She'd look casual, except that she's got eight knives of various styles and makes belted to her body. Why does she need eight knives? Well as she puts it, some for cutting, some for stabbing, one for throwing, and one for making the bitch scream. She flashes you a smile.
Elle Driver is there, dressed in a far more professional suit then Bills. She sneers at you, making no attempt to mask her dislike. You wonder how Bill got her to come, until it occurs to you that knowing you needed her help will probably keep her warm at night for the next four years. Evil bitch.
O-Ren is at Bill's right, in a white dress. She looks stunning, but the, you've never known her to look anything but her best when she goes killing. Professional courtesy. She gives you a smile and a wave.
Bill closes the intervening four steps before you can say more then a few words and pulls you into an embrace, kissing you on the cheek. "Look at you, Kiddo." He chuckles. "No one can get into trouble like you."
He tosses the heads aside. "So, I hear there is a vampire lord to kill?" Elle scoffs, but Bill pretends not to notice. If he has a flaw, it's his way of pretending that everyone gets on. "I mean, if super heroes, why not vampires?"

Travis, of course, is dry-mouthed at all the pretty ladies. Suddenly the job offer is a lot more tempting.

Sylar
The dragons huge claws bat at you, but you manage to move out of their way. Then something sharp pecks at your back. And another, as a swarm of birds, bats, and other fliers bite and claw at you, interfering with your concentration and causing you no small amount of pain.
You do learn a little more. His body is a fold in space, that leads to another dimension where he keeps all his beasts. He must constantly feed to sustain himself, which isn't a problem, given how many beings he's devoured over the last few days.
But what he really wants is what you want. To become more. To understand himself. You can sympathize.

Johnny Blaze
Hawksmoor shakes his head. "Wait." He cautions, staring at the screen. "It's about to do something."
As a superhero, you know as well as he does that you never attack something in the midst of transforming or revealing a new ability. It always just makes things worse.

Archer, Jenny Sparks, Heinkel, Sanya
The beasts all drawn back into itself, Nrvnqsr Chaos raises his arms, and seems to shudder as if in pain. What emerges from him this time is hard to distinguish, it appears to be a bubble of darkness, functioning essentially like a black hole, and you find yourselves drawn towards it, unable or unwilling to escape it's deadly pull. A huge eye the size of a person opens in it, turning it's gaze on you.
"There is no escape." He intones.

darkblade
2010-06-25, 09:58 AM
Ghost Rider

"Damnit!" Johhny abandons the weapons console for a second and goes to the comms setting about to access the normal phone lines. Things are getting crazy and he needs the help of someone who knows more about monsters than anyone he has ever met. "ARMOR Central Headquarters, I need to talk to Doctor Michael Morbius, clearance, Midnight Sons."

The Bride

The assasin has to fight off the urge to hug Bill right then and there but resists to avoid losing face in front of Elle and Travis. "Thanks for coming to the rescuse."

She points out the boys, "This is Travis and Sam, Boys meet the Deadly Viper Assasination Squad. Now that the introductions are out of the way we got a vampire to kill."

Colesign
2010-06-25, 10:52 AM
Sanya:

He grits his teeth, resisting the sucking effect, and then raises up Esperacchius with a cry of defiance. The Light of the Sword doubles in potency, and suddenly, the light spreads over Sanya too, and his clothes turn pure white. The pressure on his mind and body ceases, and he takes a voluntary step forward, eyes blazing.

"Murderer! Devourer! Lonely Old Glutton! There Shall Be No More Death For You, No More Escape! For All the Suffering You've Inflicted, For All the Spirits You've Enslaved, You Shall Face Justice!"

He cuts at the air in front of the mass Nrvnqsr Chaos has summoned, and the sucking effect is suddenly shattered. Everyone around him feels something, something that counteracts the bleak dread that the Dead Apostle invokes.

Hope.

{And I hope this act isn't too implausible: it was done by a different Knight of the Cross to shatter the awful will of no less than 8 Vampire Gods}

doliest
2010-06-25, 02:41 PM
Sylar
Sylar tries to fly up out of the Dragon's range back to the group; there was no way he could fight these things alone. The Lightning didn't work, things kept ruining his concentration and nothing else was powerful enough.

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 04:42 PM
Ghost Rider
Michael Mobius is in his lab, working on a biological mutagen. It's work significantly beneath his talents, but it needs to be done by someone, and he's more qualified then most.
He considers letting the phone ring out, he doesn't particularly feel like being social, but in the end he picks it up. It might be important after all. It might not, but life was like that.
"Johnny? Well this is a surprise. I got your call two days ago, but I've been held up here with caretaker, I'm afraid. What can I help you with?"

The Bride, Travis and Sam
"Travis I've met. Well, talked to. Not to bad a conversationalist, and still alive so must be fair at the killing business as well." He says. Then looks at Sam.
"Sam I haven't met." He says, and extends his hand. "I'm Bill Albacca. Let's be friends."

Sanya, Jenny, Heinkel, Sylar, Archer
((That's fine. Stuff like that I'm used to. It's stuff like detonating an atom bomb at Falkes that takes me by surprise))
Chaos looks shocked, and surprised, the first emotion you've so far seen creep over his face. But it's gone in an instant, and instead he extends his hands. Black tendrils begin reaching from the hole towards you, each one bizare amalgamation of furred limbs, scales and feathers.

darkblade
2010-06-25, 04:54 PM
Ghost Rider

"Long story short, I'm on board the Authority's Carrier trying to figure out whether or not it would be safe to blast some sort of dragon summoning demon called 'Nrvnqsr Chaos' with lightning. If anyone knows how to deal with rampaging monsters it would be the Doctor but he's dead so I'm asking you instead." Blaze explains keeping an eye on Jenny's battle.

"Time is of the essense, Jenny's got a field team about to be slaughtered by that thing down there."

The Bride

"Sam's not in our busniess, he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time with some weird family issues."

doliest
2010-06-25, 04:56 PM
Sylar
Sylar keeps flying towards the roof where the main group was, and watching from afar as he gets closer twitches his eyes backwards to see what was following him as he gets closer to the roof.

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 05:06 PM
Ghost Rider
Mobius has never heard of the dead ancestor, for a similar reason that The Authority have never heard of Sylar. However, he is a professional, and knows to to act in these situations. Type the monster into the internet, discover what you can, and if necessary get a professional to hack into encrypted databases.
"Well, Lightning is as good a choice as any, I suppose." He replies. Then he stops. "But if it's this," He says, as a page opens in front of him and he scans the information, "and it probably is, light is probably a better choice, or perhaps fire. It has... considerable defenses, and won't die unless you kill everything inside it at once. six hundred and sixty six creatures. So overwhelm it. Use everything you have." He says, still reading. "I don't suppose you have anything holy? It seems to be vulnerable to that as well..."
As he says the last word, the strangest image of himself standing in a dark castle holding a sword that appears to be Excalibur pops into his head. He shakes his head to clear it, but the image won't go away. Perhaps there was something in the blood he just drank...

darkblade
2010-06-25, 05:14 PM
Ghost Rider

"Right, shoot everything I got at it. Thanks Michael, call me or Danny next time you need something sent Hell." Blaze cuts the comm signal.

"Hawksmore, I going to need more than lightning, I need light and fire based weapons. Got any bombs, lasers or anything magic on this thing?" As he talks Blaze focuses on infusing the weapons systems with his own brand of hellfire. It's not quite holy but demons tend to react favourably when exposed to it so it's a good substitute when the power of the heavens are in short supply.

industrious
2010-06-25, 05:19 PM
Sam Oliver

"Hi Mr. Albacca."

Sam's wrist twitches. He's still far too pale.

"I would shake your hand, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. He he."

Jenny Sparks

There is little she can do, other than keep the assorted beasts from attacking Sanya. She's down to her last ten rounds. She had to make them count.

Oh, wait. There was one more thing she could do. Yell at Hawksmoor and Blaze.

Hurry up you ponces! I called for lightning, not a bloody tea party. Target me, dammit! Me!

The Midnighter

"Sorry dear."

In the past, he had sparred with his husband. Even without his battle computer, he'd be able to predict his actions. He didn't particularly like hurting his husband, but he didn't have a choice in the matter.

The Midnighter keeps his calculations rolling as he sends his other switchblade spinning towards Apollo. It wasn't meant to hit him; it served simply as a distraction. The quick jerk and refocusing of the metahuman's vision at the apparently incoming projectile was more than enough to buy the Midnighter time for his real assault.

Springing into action, the Midnighter bounds towards Apollo, quickly outracing his knife. He catches it, then with perfect timing and using the hilt, rather than the blade of the knife, taps his husband's earlobes, shattering them. Even Apollo has his weak points.

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 05:20 PM
Ghost Rider
"Yeah." Hawksmoor replies. "We got enough here to carve our initials big enough to be seen on Pluto. See those Red switches? Start flipping them. When you've flipped them all, fire away."

Midnighter
((I'm going to assume that's enough to incapacitate him))
Apollo staggers, hands flying to his ears as you hit him, face squeezing up in pain as he falls to his knees.
Richard and Kahlan have got away, though Light has made sure that Kahlan, at least, is dead. And Nicci is nothing more then a few floating atoms drifting on the wind.

darkblade
2010-06-25, 05:24 PM
Ghost Rider

"Alright. Fire in the hole!" Blaze starts flipping red switches with one hand, as quickly as he can before pressing down on the fire button and raining death in the form of hellfire charged lightning, lasers and explosives upon Chaos. Anyone standing too close may want to back up.

doliest
2010-06-25, 05:26 PM
Light
Light keeps his eyes on Apollo for a few more moments before turning to Midnighter, "Rahl's bleeding to death, and his protecter is dead. I assume you're more than ready to have your fun?"

industrious
2010-06-25, 05:29 PM
The Midnighter

"Business before pleasure. Rahl first. Then Edward."

The Midnighter looks at the burned remains of the majority of the Death Note.

"What happens if the Death Note is broken? And someone's name was already in it, but they weren't dead?"

doliest
2010-06-25, 05:30 PM
Light
"It doesn't cancel it, though I don't think anyone was in there on a ticking clock, why?"

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 05:32 PM
Ghost Rider
Sylar, Archer, Jenny Sparks, Heinkel
The weapons systems launch, and down comes a massive column of energy burning with the flames of hell that is so so raw, so stark, so incomprehensibly violent that it had to be seen to be even dimply appreciated. It simply cannot be described.
The Soil of Genesis he summoned doesn't stand a chance. Nor, unfortunately, does the actual castle you are standing on, which begins to collapse as the weapons tear through the foundations and into the bedrock bellow. With a sound like a collapsing mountain, the people's palace groans and buckles, walls caving in and the roof collapsing in.

Sanya
The blue coated figure staggers at the horrific impact of the blow, and trembles, but he's still alive. You know, with a sudden clarity, that he's defenseless, and will be vulnerable to your blow in this instant, but if you don't act soon he will recover.

Colesign
2010-06-25, 05:35 PM
Sanya:

Sanya, face calm, raises Esperacchius to "Roof" Position, ready to slice at the many tentacles and tendrils and claws heading his way.

Then his skin begins to feel prickly, the air begins to smell like ozone, and he gets a very strong feeling that he should back away.

Now!!!

A discharge of energy rains down from the heavens, ripping into the undead monstrosity. Then it passes. The Creature is weakened, and still in human form. Sanya gives one final battle cry, the Light of the Sword blazing with White Fire, and sprints and leaps his way to Nrvnqsr Chaos, ignoring the collapsing building, until he stand right next to him.

"Moio sudno na vozdušnoy poduške polno ugrey, Chaos.." With all his strength, Sanya rams Esperacchius into Nrvnqsr Chaos's chest, up into his 'heart', and out the back of his head.

industrious
2010-06-25, 05:36 PM
The Midnighter

"I'm wondering if all the names you wrote down get reversed. Then we have to deal with Japanese zombies. Messy."

Jenny Sparks

"Right. Leaving now. Door. I said Door, damn it!"

The familiar golden square appears.

"Everybody in!"

darkblade
2010-06-25, 05:36 PM
Ghost Rider

"Hawksmore! A door, get them a door!" Blaze yells in panic as his badly thought out plan leaves several people falling to their doom.

doliest
2010-06-25, 05:38 PM
Sylar
Ignoring his first instincts Sylar flies as fast as he still can with the wings and attempts to grab each of them as they fall. He vaguely wonders if this is what it's like to be a 'hero.'

Light
"No, no zombies. I wouldn't use the Death Note if that were possible."

Actually, is it possible to make zomibes, master?

Draxx
2010-06-25, 05:45 PM
Heinkel leaps, grabs Sanya and teleports him through the door before they are caught in the rubble. The man is infuriating, and worse, a heathen, but God chose him and so it's her duty to see he survives. She appears next to Archer, grabs him as well, and then they reappear on the carrier next to Hawksmoor in a flutter of pages.
She doesn't come back for the rest of the rest of them.

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 05:51 PM
Light Yagami
"It is likely to occur as he says, master." The demon replies. As usual, he does not elaborate.

Everyone on the roof
Sylar misses Heinkel, who proves more then able to deal with it herself. He does get Archer, but Swift beats him to Jenny and they make it through the portal.
The sword cleaved apart Nrvnqsr Chaos, as well as tearing apart the remains of his soul. The essence of his reality marble collapses in a rush that hastens the destruction of Rahls fortress.

doliest
2010-06-25, 05:54 PM
Light
Could you describe a way we could go about making zombies? If he answered yes and then didn't say anything else, Light was going to start considering death preferable.

Sylar
Sylar looks down at the man he grabbed, "Any place you would like me to put you down, then?"

Colesign
2010-06-25, 05:59 PM
Sanya:

Sanya slumps down briefly in the safety of the Carrier, utterly exhausted. The Light of the Sword dies away, and he sheathes it wearily. After a moment, he looks up.

"Spascibo, Devoushka Heinkel." he says with deep gratitude. He opens his mouth to ask where the others are, when Swift, "Bob", and Jenny come flying through the Door just before it shuts.

"Ah." He stands up for a moment, and sets his currently heavy duffel bag on the ground. He flashes a tired grin. "What did I tell you? The fight did not go badly at all."

He pauses, then looks down at his clothes and bulletproof vest, now bleached utterly white from the "Ubercharge" moments before.

"Huh. I did not intend to look like glam rock star."

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 06:01 PM
Light
"You already have. Their souls are gone, but the conditions of death are reversed, in the cases of those who died of a heart attack. So their are five thousand two hundred and seventy eight of the walking dead in Japan, each governed by the mind of the greatest mass murderers of the era. Furthermore, there are seven hundred and ninety seven scattered around the rest of the world. Many were previously metahumans, dictators or the like. You were very thorough, as it turns out."
He stirs inside you. "But your partner arranged your coup in regards to the Authority, Jenny Sparks shall still die on schedule."

Bridge on Authority
Archer, carried by 'Bob', Jenny Sparks carried by Swift, Heinkel, Sanya, both Ghost Riders, Jules, and Hawksmoor are all present.
Hawksmoor stirs again. "Alright, who the hell are all these people?" He asks weakly.

doliest
2010-06-25, 06:03 PM
Light
Ah. Light stop for a second his composure at receiving an answer complete. For a minute.

WHAT!? How were the death conditions reversed? When did this happen? WHY did this happen?

industrious
2010-06-25, 06:04 PM
Jenny Sparks

"Huh." Jenny brushes herself off. Her clothes are likewise wrecked. Hopefully, her wardrobe was left intact.

"Try Hawksmoor's room. You two should be about the same size. He only wears white collars and black suits though. Real drag." She ignores the fact that Hawksmoor is in front of her as she gives Sanya directions.

"Jack. In order, we have Crazy Vatican Woman, Black Russian...and Bob. Say hello, Bob."

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 06:07 PM
Jenny Sparks
This gets him riled "So you're giving my wardrobe away as well? When did this happen?" He says, struggling to sit up. Then his eyes fall on Bob. "Bob? Really Bob?"

Light
"The note, when destroyed, lost it's power, and returned to the hands of the shinigami who gave it to you. Death is irreversible since blackest night, so they remain dead. But the rest... Well, you can imagine what happens when a dead heart begins beating again."

doliest
2010-06-25, 06:07 PM
Sylar
Sylar looks up, deciding that not being Bob would be suicide for the moment, "Hello." Before looking down at Archer again, "Anywhere I should put him?"

Light
So I have a legion of zombies at my command?

Draxx
2010-06-25, 06:10 PM
Anderson goes after Richard.

industrious
2010-06-25, 06:11 PM
Jenny Sparks

"About five seconds ago. Are you deaf as well as injured?" For a second Jack wonders why they had ever missed Jenny. Then he remembers exactly why. Over four years spent together.

"Oh, and I forgot the Holy Spirit over there."

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 06:12 PM
Light
"No. They retain the personalities and memories of their life. They simply lose all inhibitions and ability to use complex thought. Except in very rare cases."

Anderson
You walk down the corridor after Richard. At the end, you find Kahlan slumped, dead. A heart attack. You shiver but move on. There is a trail of blood that... stops. Abruptly, it's not there, as though he vanished into thin air.

Carrier Bridge
"Charmed." Hawksmoor manages to force out between clenched teeth. "So, I assume we've won, and one of you has some idea how to get home? No? Then why are you standing around? I'm on my deathbed, what's your excuse?"

darkblade
2010-06-25, 06:12 PM
Ghost Rider

"Right...well now that most of us are together I got something to tell you." Johnny says looking at Jenny.

"Light, killed Jenny. He wrote your name in his notebook to die in one month after giving him full access to the Carrier. I didn't want to tell you soon because I figured Midnighter would rip his head off, killing you sooner."

doliest
2010-06-25, 06:16 PM
Sylar
Sylar, not knowing who 'Light' is, is less than fazed by this news, though slightly...annoyed that he just tried to save someone and they were going to die anyway.

industrious
2010-06-25, 06:16 PM
Jenny Sparks

"Don't be melodramatic. You'll be fine. The Carrier is more than big enough to heal you up before the week is out. I die, and everybody becomes an act..."

Jenny stares at Blaze.

"Wait. What?"

Draxx
2010-06-25, 06:18 PM
Heinkel takes a drag on a cigarette, then offers it to Jenny. She doesn't seem surprised. Another abomination slipping into darkness is not news to the Iscariot.
"Vell, ve kill him, no problem." She says, putting the holy sword by Hawksmoor's bed. "Ve vorry about Jenny later, Ja?"

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 06:23 PM
Bridge
Hawksmoor sinks into the pillows, totally drained. It's too much for him in his state. He's usually a lot tougher, or acts that way at least.

Misa, who crept into the bridge to witness what appeared to be an act of divine retribution, speaks out. "Light wouldn't do something like that. He wouldn't. He's good. He wants a better world, he doesn't ill his friends. He's not that sort of person."

Danny speaks, ignoring Misa. "True, I'm sorry to say. He says there is a way to reverse it. I suppose we'll see..."

industrious
2010-06-25, 06:26 PM
Jenny Sparks

Jenny can't help it. She starts laughing. Hysterically.

"And...you...thought...he...was going to kill me? Honestly. I'm dying in two days. I doubt Death grants an extension. Unlike her brother Taxes."

darkblade
2010-06-25, 06:30 PM
Ghost Rider

"We spent all that time not telling anyone so that you don't die sooner and you're going to die anyways?" Blaze shakes his head, this entire venture was completely pointless.

industrious
2010-06-25, 06:35 PM
Jenny Sparks

Jenny lays a hand on Blaze's shoulder.

"Kid, I look nineteen. I'm over a hundred years old, thanks to this little trip. I was supposed to die ten years ago, when my successor took over. Short, from Singapore, bit of a prude? This...is my Tenth Symphony. Which for all you non-cultured people, means that it shouldn't of happened because Beethoven died after his Ninth. Me dying means things are back in order. This isn't my time. It's Jenny Q's."

doliest
2010-06-25, 06:38 PM
Light
Light sneezes abruptly and follows after Anderson, wondering if he's the subject of conversation somewhere.

darkblade
2010-06-25, 06:38 PM
Ghost Rider

"I've seen enough friends die and come back from the dead I'm not as bothered by it as I used to be but that doesn't change what Light was trying to do." Blaze admits.

Colesign
2010-06-25, 06:39 PM
Sanya:

First he turns to Hawksmoor. "I won't pillage your wardrobe if you don't want me to. I could just use..." he looks at himself again, "...variation."

To the Light/Jenny dilemma: "Whether or not you die in two days or month, we should make sure that this "Light" is not influencing you, just to be safe. Only proper caution, da?"

"And my name is not 'Black Russian': it is Sanya!" He finishes with an air of bemusement.

To "Bob": "Pleasure to meet you, Bob! As I just said, I'm Sanya, Knight of the Cross." He shakes his hand.

To Misa: "Uh, pardon, but who are you, Devoushka?"

He looks at Jules for a moment. "And who..." his voice trails off as he ponders for a moment.

"Ah! Weren't you in 'Frisco' in '99, during vice raid that went bad?"

{Trying to hand-wave a connection between the two, to integrate them both into this setting better. Is that alright?"}

doliest
2010-06-25, 06:42 PM
Sylar
Sylar's eyes almost snap open for a moment before they lower to normal, "I...recognize the title from somewhere. Something about a sword." Great. No, lovely. Someone who was going to try and kill him was standing right here, and more importantly, someone he'd gain great power from trying to kill. Must suppress urge. Will only kill you. Ruin any chance of working with new...allies.

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 08:04 PM
Light
You catch up to Anderson. Kahlan is dead, but Richard is nowhere to be found.

Midnighter
You are still with your husband. He won't wake up for a while, but he doesn't seem to be snapping out of it. Ah well. Better put him in stasis and wait for the doctor to come back, you suppose.
A man coughs behind you. An old, bony man in tattered, simple robe. "You caved my grandson's face in. He'll never eat anything that isn't soup, he'll probably struggle to put two words together. He'll kill you for that, you know."

The Bridge
Hawksmoor has faded back into unconsciousness, while the rest of you try to determine what to do now.

doliest
2010-06-25, 08:08 PM
Light
Light looks around for a minute, sighs, and starts looking for another puddle of blood belonging to Richard. If he was lucky he could end the problem now. If not, he'd have to wait to get back to his zombie army.

darkblade
2010-06-25, 08:19 PM
Ghost Rider

"The Russian is right Jenny, you aren't doing anything until we are sure that Light is not mind controling you, regardless of when you are supposed to die. Meanwhile anyone in fighting shape should gated down to the others so we can kill Richard and fix all of this." Blaze says taking charge of the group, this is a change of pace for him, after being told what to do by Caretakers, Black Widow, Captain America, Dr. Strange and most recently Jenny but no more, he's taking charge and putting down Richard and Light once and for all.

At that point he realizes that Misa is there and sends a chain to ensnare her and prevent her from running off to try contacting Light. "Sorry, missy but we can't have you warning your boyfriend that we are on to him."

Colesign
2010-06-25, 08:25 PM
Sanya:

Sanya nods, and says to Misa:

"Rest assured that we will not try to 'harm' your boyfriend, but only make sure he reverses what he did to Jenny, if he indeed did anything."

He becomes befuddled at the mention of Richard.

"Who is this 'Richard', and do we have to kill him?"

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 08:30 PM
((Misa has a coin as well.))

The gate opens, to reveal Midnighter standing with his husband, alone in an empty room.

Light
There is a lot of blood around the place, it's impossible to be sure which belongs to Richard and what doesn't. And the blood trail has dried, so it's essentially useless.
Not this time, Yagami.

Ghost Rider
Misa screams and starts tugging on it. "Let me go! I haven't done anything."
Blatant lies. She's the one who actually wrote it down.

darkblade
2010-06-25, 08:30 PM
Ghost Rider

"Richard is the who is responsible for pulling our world together with Middle-Earth out there. So far as we can tell the only way to fix things is to kill him." Blaze explains to Sayan before turning to Misa.

"Listen girl, I have it up to here with you and Light's tricks. When it was nothing but killing criminals I could turn a blind eye but you two killed one of the world's greatest detectives and tried to bend the spirit of the 20th Century to your will. Do not even pretend to be innoucent. Now shut up and sit tight."

doliest
2010-06-25, 08:34 PM
Light
"Great." Light walks back into the main room, wishing desperately that this day would hurry up and end and he could get back home.

industrious
2010-06-25, 08:36 PM
Midnighter

"Let him try. Better men have failed."

As the Door opens, the Midnighter steps back onto the Carrier. He doesn't spare a glance a the man.

Jenny Sparks

"I'm not controlled!" She's angry, but Blaze can see that she understands.

"but I get it. It doesn't matter so much if I am than if you believe I am. You'd get worried about me."

Jenny finds a comfortable seat near Jack.

"Go on ahead, then. I'll take care of Jack."

darkblade
2010-06-25, 08:39 PM
Ghost Rider

As Midnighter comes through Blaze turns his attention to him. "I take it, Richard is still out there?"

industrious
2010-06-25, 08:46 PM
The Midnighter

"Yep." The Midnighter heads for his room.

"Give me a second. I need more weapons."

He soon emerges with a new leather trench-coat. It makes ominous clinking noises as he walks.

"Right. Anderson has gone ahead, since he's a suicidal nutcase. Kira is likewise down there. Unsupervised. Crap. Somebody get him. Now."

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 08:56 PM
Kira
The demon speaks to you. "Become one with the shadows. Slip away whil you are alone. Escape."

darkblade
2010-06-25, 08:58 PM
Ghost Rider

"About Light..." Blaze explains to Midnighter what Light did, and why it is important to bring him back alive and in an appropriate shape to reverse what he did to Jenny.

doliest
2010-06-25, 09:01 PM
Light
Understood.

With that, Light follows his master's instructions and becomes one with the darkness, waiting for his next chance to strike with a smile on his face.

industrious
2010-06-25, 09:04 PM
The Midnighter

The Midnighter rushes back through the Door. Dead was out. Comatose was likewise out. He could work with that.

Cracklord
2010-06-25, 09:07 PM
The Midnighter
For a moment, you swear you see what seems to be a patch of darkness sliver away, but when you blink, it's gone, and Light's nowhere to be seen. Anderson can be heard far ahead.

Light
You loose all senses, all feeling, all awareness of where and who you are, but for the feeling of the demon. "I shall be your senses." It declares. "I shall hear for you, feel for you, and find your way. Where do you wish to go?"

doliest
2010-06-25, 09:26 PM
Light
"...Where exactly can I go? We need Misa, but don't know her location and the worlds are still tied together so we don't really have a destination yet."

darkblade
2010-06-25, 09:53 PM
Ghost Rider

"Alright, everyone who wants to save the world come with me." Johnny says as he pulls his bike up to the door. His brother likewise prepares to go but is stopped by Johnny.

"You stay here and watch Misa. See if you can find her Death Note while you're at it. We'll call if we need back up." Johnny says before walking through the portal and coming out behind Midnighter.

Colesign
2010-06-25, 10:57 PM
Sanya:

The Agnostic-Communist-Knight of the Cross gives polite nods to each of the fighters, then perks up as Midnighter exits his room in full battle regalia.

Sanya suits up for battle as well, recovering his Kalashnikov from Jenny and reloading it, taking out some flash grenades from his duffel and putting them into his pocket, gets out a changes of clothes from his duffel, and wiping the blades of Esperacchius clean. He goes to each of his comrades, giving small statements of encouragment.

As Midnighter steps through the portal, Sanya gestures him aside and talks to him in a quiet tone.

"You seem to be a leader of sorts, a man with a plan. So I think it best to tell you of a problem. 'Bob', right behind me, is a Denarian; he has a coin containing a Fallen on him. He is very dangerous. He hasn't attacked us yet, and I think he will fight by our side for a time, but I think he will turn on us when we least expect it; we must be ready if...when he does. The girl called Misa also has a Denarii, but seems to be safely restrained; 'Bob' I worry about more."

He looks around the room, before turning back to the Midnighter.

"Also, Father Anderson accidentally touched one of the Denarii. I do not think he has fallen to temptation, but we must make sure no one else touches the blackened silver coins he and Devoushka Heinkel carry. Even if people do not take up the coins, touching them leaves a shadow personality in their heads; watching, waiting, tempting. Very dangerous."

industrious
2010-06-25, 11:08 PM
The Midnighter

"Not really a leader. But the first and second (and third) in command are dead, injured, and suspected of mind control. Someone has to do it. Bob can be taken care of. As for temptation...don't worry. I think I know how to handle temptation."

Shadow personality, then. Back of his head. Nothing like having a voyeur to take the fun out of sex.

You even peek during my private time, and I will have the Doctor take you out. Understood?

Jenny Sparks

"Break a leg. Preferably Light's."

Jenny turns to the unconscious body beside her.

"I can tell we're going to have a great time together, Jack. What with your fascinating avenues of conversation. Love it already."

Colesign
2010-06-25, 11:18 PM
Sanya:

He raises up his hands.

"Oh, I do not mean to condemn anyone. You say you know temptation. Well..." he sighs.

"I do too. I was a Denarian in my youth for a few years, possessed by the Fallen Magog, following the commands of Tessa. I did..." his face fills with shame. "I did things. But things change, people become better. I realized what I was becoming, and cast aside the coin. Then this came."

He strokes his sword's hilt. You notice that the head of a nail pokes out of the hilt, stained with something red.

"But I ramble. What I mean to say, is that I know how the Fallen tempt, and how to overcome them. I can probably talk to Anderson, help him with his 'shadow', show him how to get it to fade away. Like alchoholism. Former drunks make good therapists and such. Besides, the goal of the Knights of the Cross is to redeem those who are Fallen."

He ceases talking in a quiet tone, and talks in a louder voice, meant to carry:

"By the way Midnighter, for those of us who have not fought Richard, I ask: Who is he? What powers does he have? Best to be forewarned, da?"

darkblade
2010-06-25, 11:22 PM
Ghost Rider

"I'm with the Knight on this one, I keep hearing about this guy but I've yet to see him." Blaze says.

industrious
2010-06-25, 11:30 PM
The Midnighter

"He's good. Better than decent fighter; hell, he's amazing at it. His sword is extremely sharp; cut my old staff in two, and it was reinforced titanium. He wields powerful magic; he can erase you from reality. But he needs to speak to use it. Throat punch worked for me last time. And he still bleeds like anyone else. A good stabbing, some filleting, and possibly a nice roasting alive should be more than enough. By which I mean the bare minimum."

nanobot_swarm
2010-06-26, 06:28 AM
Jules is getting kind of confused at what all is going on, but he is also thankful no one is paying him any mind. So he decides to sneak around and see what's there to see in this place.
"Nice to meet you in person Bill," Travis says, "Looks like you got all the vamp slaughterers, tell me, is anyone actualy alive up in the city? And where did you find those cowards?"

Cracklord
2010-06-26, 06:51 AM
Jules
As you wander around, you see a sword resting on the bedside table. It is the most beautiful weapon you've ever seen, and looks made for your hand.
Before you are quite aware you step over and reach for it.
There is a flash, and a man is standing in front of you.
The man is not particularly well built, but what muscles he does have are toned to incredible definition, with not a gram of fat on his frame. He's six inches shorter then you, but is far from intimidated by your extra height. Quite the opposite.
His face has too many planes and is a little too gaunt to be called handsome, but there were thousands of movie stars who'd trade their chiseled looks in a heart beat for what he had. Not simple confidence and charisma, but a sort of strikingness that drew the eyes. If you glanced at a crowd, he would be the first person you noticed, and would draw the eye the most.
It's not a cruel face, there are laughter lines around his eyes and mouth, and while his skin is worn and leathery it's fairly good natured. His heavy jaw is prickly with a sort of golden fuzz of stubble, and his long blond hair is done in thousands of braids, tipped with iron rings.
His eyes, on the other hand, are like chips of stone. There is no give, no room for any compromise. This is not someone you can reason with.
"Hello Jules. Remember me?" He says, flipping the sword with a worrying amount of familiarity and pressing it into your hand. And you do. God you do. He looked completely different then, but it's unmistakeably St Michael.
"You want to change. You want to put it all behind you. Well there is your chance." He asks, then leans close. "Do you think you can be a hero?"

Travis
He gives you a grin. "Pissing themselves in the city." He replies. "Good warm up. Gets the old blood flowing, you know?" Then he goes serious. "Nobody else, I'm afraid. Plenty of corpses, amateurish work. And that's all."

Jenny Sparks
Unsurprisingly, he doesn't reply. It occurs to you he's far more annoying ignoring you (though he doesn't have a lot of choice) then he is when attempting banter.
You're rather limited attention span is already bored. Looking around, you see Swift staring at you. Unlike everyone else except the black man (who you have no idea as to his identity or what qualifies him to be on the carrier at this time, but you have decided not to question it), who is staring at a sword the nun left, and yourself.
She gives you a small wave.

Midnighter
Your mind jumps over your husband. He's sedated and held in stasis, until you get the doctor back to try to reverse that bitches trick. The fact that she's dead is small compensation for her doing that to Apollo.

Archer
As the most magically in tune, you sense it first, before the knight of the cross and the priest, the only other two beings in the room sensitive enough to notice.
There is a gathering of power in the deepest levels of the carrier as... something takes form. The process reminds you of a summoning, except the power seems to be drawn from nowhere, simply coming into being in defiance of everything you understand about magic.
At the signal is enormous. Something terrible is growing below.

Anderson
Nothing. You have found no signs of life, and particularly nothing of Richard. In the shape he was in, he shouldn't be able to outpace you. More to the point, you are beginning to get lost.

darkblade
2010-06-26, 08:22 AM
The Bride

The pride points to the path of stairs behind the throne. "Well if we are done with the introductions."

The Bride makes her way towards the passage, wiping the blood off her sword as she does.

Ghost Rider

"Okay then. Let's hurry up and find Anderson then." Blaze says moving forward slowly on his bikes. Oh course since his bike is the vessel of dark powers, slowly for it is a light jog for the others.

doliest
2010-06-26, 06:29 PM
Light
Light stands in the darkness waiting for a suggestion of location from his master.

Sylar
Sylar stands in the base not willing to mill out with the others as long as the Knight of the Cross is there, still trying to figure out what to do, aside from get some rest. He definitely wanted that.

industrious
2010-06-26, 10:32 PM
Jenny Sparks

Jenny takes the mature course of action...and sticks her tongue out at him.

"Comatose Wanker."

She then walks over to Swift, and sits down next to her. She doesn't look at her.

"You're going out with them? Going to restore us back to normal?"

Midnighter
The Midnighter takes his rage, focuses it. He takes his computer, and runs simulations of eviserations and jackhammer-related injuries and things that no decent man would ever contemplate doing. Things inspired by Hannibal Lecter. Feeding a man to himself was so...anyway, the Midnighter wasn't a bad man, particularly. Well, he was, but still. His heart was vaguely in the right place. Or focused on someone whose heart was in the right place. His was in the right place most of the time.

Colesign
2010-06-26, 11:18 PM
Sanya:

Sanya feels a familiar presence, and walks over by Jules, hanging on the sidelines as Michael appears. After Michael makes his initial pitch, Sanya steps forward with a wry grin.

"Dobre vecer, Michael the Higher Being Who May or May Not Be An Archangel! Are you trying to recruit this good fellow here without telling him what the exact job is?"

Colesign
2010-06-27, 01:55 AM
Okay, continuity addition:

Sanya:

After talking to Jules and Michael, Sanya looks back to see everyone in the War Party going through the Portal.

"Ah. I must join members of War Party. If you wish to come with, I can offer some explanations and advice."

He strides through the Portal to rejoin Midnighter, nodding to Heinkel on the way. When he passes "Bob", he says to him:

"Come along if you feel like it! Should be an interesting fight, facing a foe with great power."

Once through, he says to Midnighter:

" 'Bob' appears to be staying in the Carrier. I do not know how to warn others on board of his 'nature' without tipping him off. Will they be safe if he attacks them by surprise? If not, we need plan."

Cracklord
2010-06-28, 03:20 AM
Sanya
Michael turns and stares at you. He offers a small smile, which from him is the equivalent of a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He's generally fairly subdued when he's not burning with righteous anger.
He doesn't get angry or bluster at your assessment of him. Michael seems to relish your skepticism. He defiantly has considerable powers, but so do many metahumans, and there is nothing to prove that God is more then a very powerful extra-terrestrial.
"First I offer him the sword. Then the job." He replies, adjusting his coat. "It's fairer. So how about it?" He adds, turning back to Jules.

Anderson
At long last, you find a small passageway that leads down. A single bloody fingerprint is enough proof. He went this way.
The corridor slopes downwards, deeper into the earth.

At this point, the rest of the hunters catch up with you.

Light
"They are gone." Your master tells you in the inky blackness. "You are alone, the rest of them search for the fateless one."
The shadows dissipate. You haven't moved an inch. Sammael's power is not as refined as Anduries, rather then merge with you they simply cloak you from sight, hiding you from prying eyes (including your own).
Fortunately they also sustain you, you have no need to breathe or eat while hidden.
Unfortunately, you have no way back aboard the Carrier, to get back to Misa and to get your hands on her Deathnote, your only line of defense until Ryuk returns yours.

The Bride, Travis, Sam
Bill waves his hand, and the girls fan out, drawing their weapons with practiced familiarity, and making Sam swallow. "In one sec, Kiddo, I just need to check something. We've been doing this for a while, you and I, and I hope we've both come to certain conclusions. Now I will of course defer to you, as you have the experience and this being the fight you dragged the gang into, but first I need to check something."
He squats down, and draws his sword, examining his reflection on the blade's smoky steel. "Now sometimes the best way to get results is charge in, kill everyone and saunter out, and if you think that's the best result I'll go for it, but perhaps subtle like might work better."

Jenny
Swift nods. "'Fraid so. They'll need someone with a level head, and that would be me." Without another word she goes and joins the other hunters.

Archer
The feeling expands, making you shiver as the power continues to grow. At last, you recognize the signature. It's that beast the magicians summoned before. Apparently it's hard to kill, and it's in here with you...

industrious
2010-06-28, 08:56 AM
Jenny

"Wait." Jenny kisses her. Hard.

"Come back safe. Or I'll dig you out of your grave to kill you all over again."

Sam

Sam weakly nods.

"Subtle's guhuuuuuuuud. That guy smd awfly strunnnng."

The Midnighter

The Midnighter lays a hand on Anderson's shoulder. If he had done so on an average man, said shoulder would be broken.

"Thought you'd just go on ahead without us?" His grip tightens.

"Listen up, Anderson. Light is missing, he's been infected by a Denarian, and you can't just kill him by yourself. I've got a spleen to carve out. And a jackhammer to insert."

doliest
2010-06-28, 10:21 AM
Light
This wasn't a major problem. For now this was merely a run out the clock until they got back to earth, then he'd have everything he'd need. However....he was currently in the middle of the castle, had no way onto the ship, and the only direction would lead to people who were chasing him. He needed an ally, someone powerful that could directly affect this plane, unlike his master. He starts slowly moving through the corridors, always keeping quiet and not turning a corridor without listening to make sure no one is around the corridor.

Sylar
Sylar moves around the carrier, trying to find an empty room he can access to rest and think over his situation; he could already feel something in him screaming to lay down.

darkblade
2010-06-28, 12:50 PM
The Bride

"I'm not sure we can be subtle enough to have much of an effect, they already know we are here but there can't be any harm in trying. What do you have in mind?" The Bride asks taking her spot in their standardized formation.

Ghost Rider

"Not to mention he has potentially mind controled and murdered Jenny, it'd be better to leave him alive to see if we can reverse it." Blaze adds as he comes up behind Anderson.

"We got to play this carefully."

nanobot_swarm
2010-06-28, 03:55 PM
Julesblinks, rubs his eyes, thinks for a bit, shrugs, and then says, "You know what St. Michael? I do want to be a hero."
Travis recharges the beam katana, and then says, "They might not know that the Deadly Viper Assassination squad is here yet, for all they know it's just me, her, and Sam. Of course they might know yall are here, but an ambush could be worth a shot, y'know, lure em up here, pretend to be injured, that sort of thing."

Cracklord
2010-06-28, 05:07 PM
Jules
He hands you the sword. It feels... right... in your hands. "This is Amoracchius, sword of the cross. It is bane to all who walk in shadow, and hide from the light of the Lord. When you take this, you take it's cause. Fight against injustice where you find it, and root out evil in all it's forms."
He leans close. "But if you ever strike a blow driven by hate, the sword will be unmade. Good luck." With that he's gone.

Sylar
You take the room Misa and Light vacated, that used to belong to Jenny.

The Hunters
The corridor leads down, then comes to a wide room with three doors. All are locked.
Richard is speaking again, from behind one of the doors. God knows how he fixed himself, but if you let him alone he can recover.
"Ah, you followed me. Good. Good. You killed my friends. You killed my servants. You hurt me. AND YOU KILLED MY BEAUTIFUL QUEEN!" He roars, furious. "You are going to suffer. All of you are going to feel pain in ways you've never imagined. Not one of you will get out alive."

Colesign
2010-06-28, 05:25 PM
Sanya:

[I'm assuming that Midnighter has reassured Sanya that the people back on the Carrier can handle themselves]

He slaps a new magazine into his Kalashnikov, and ***** it.

"This Richard talks a lot, doesn't he?"

Then, after processing the fact that this Richard is unlikely to surrender, he fire three round bursts through the center, left and right doors.

Cracklord
2010-06-28, 05:35 PM
Sanya
The doors are big and heavy, the rounds do not totally pierce the doors. They have clearly been strengthened with something.
Richard laughs. "And like all immoral hypocrites you resort to violence rather then debate on the subject. Which is why I must kill you, for you will never come around to the right way of thinking."

Colesign
2010-06-28, 06:41 PM
Sanya:

"Kak? I do not quite understand what you are saying, Gospodin Richard." Sanya replies in a bemused tone.

"You clearly stated just now that you are going to kill us in horrible fashion, in vengeance for the deaths of the people my current comrades killed, da? It did not sound like you were interested in a debate over our mutual disagreement. So of course I try to finish the fight early. I apologize if I misunderstood."

He listens closely to where Richard's voice is coming from, paying close attention to the doors. Then he mentally checks himself; the doors seem like they are meant to draw attention. This Richard might be readying himself to attack from somewhere different. He checks the ceilings, floor and the area right behind the group.

"I am new here. I do not bear any grudge against you at the moment. Just let me point out few things. We appeared in your land inexplicably. According to Midnighter fellow here, he was brought by force to your castle, where he insulted you and denigrated your authority. You decided to try and kill him, he decided to defend himself, you called in your friends to help, he called in his friends to help, etc. and so on."

He keeps looking around, gun to shoulder

"You all fought. Some of your friends, and your queen die in fighting. It is horrible and tragic, of course! But If you were not willing to accept risk of your loved ones dying, then why call them to fight us? But past is past. If we cease our fighting and work together to undo merging of realities, then no more of your friends die. Is that not the most important thing?"

Sanya thinks he's on a roll in terms of his negotiating skills. Then he makes a huge mistake:

"After all, a virtuous man must sacrifice what he wants for the greater good of all, da?":smalleek:

Cracklord
2010-06-28, 06:51 PM
The Hunters
Sanya
As you stare around, you get a feel for the room. It's a huge amphitheater, of the sort designed to make rallying speeches. In the center, where you are currently standing, there is a floor of simple wood, and four doors at each of the points of the compass. You change your estimation. It's more of a colosseum.
Everyone
Sanya completes your attempt at negotiations, and at last, Richard reveals himself. He erupts through the floor, sending you all staggering back as the planks splinter and shatter, sending fragments flying everywhere.
Richard seems smaller. He's not, but anyone would appear that way atop a gigantic red dragon that's eyeing you all balefully.
"This is Scarlet." Richard says. "They were her friends as well."
Wih that, the dragon breathes fire, a huge eruption that roars towards you all.

Colesign
2010-06-28, 07:04 PM
Sanya:

"...Bohez. Moi."

Sanya dodges the heck out of Dodge, and shoots a few bursts at Richard as he leaps out of the way, trying to take out the more fragile combatant first.

doliest
2010-06-28, 07:40 PM
Sylar
Sylar, finally having time to himself and a bed in front of him lies down, a smile very different from the usual threat gracing his lips.

"What you're doing is wrong."A twitch of the facial features.

"Great. The internal voices have become external."

"You know I'm right. These people could have executed us, but you still want to hurt them. We were weak and helpless."

"I'm never helpless."

"That's why we needed a demon, right?"

"...."

"You know I'm right. For once, we depended on the kindness of strangers, and they were kind, despite knowing what we've done. We've got something good here, why throw it away on a killing spree?"

"Quite. What needs to be done is a well organized slaughter."

"I....know you.."

"I'm the one who knows what we need, and what to do to get it."

"Really? Because that's not what your form implies."

"You see this part of us as evil, so that's why-" The familiar form is cut off midsentence.

"You're Nicodemus. What part of me believes Nicodemus is the way to live!?"

"He was immortal. He was powerful, and managed to hold you and Kirby and the priest off at the same time. He'd been playing everyone for a thousand years or more. That's power. WE could have that now."

"...But what he did-"

"The difference between our weak little sprees, and well executed slaughter. Use that gifted little brain, plan something. Right now you've got a degree in the university of getting the s*** kicked out of you, a few weakened abilities, and nothing else."

"..."

"Think about it, and sleep Sylar."

With that, the sprees of shifting stop, and Sylar falls back, his head against the pillow, and slips into unconsciousness.

industrious
2010-06-28, 09:36 PM
Jenny Sparks

Sylar is rudely awakened by a minor(sort of) jolt of electricity. Jenny is in the doorway, looking extremely grumpy. Her hair is frazzled, there are bags under her eyes, and lightning is dancing between her fingertips.

"That is my bed. There are only three people allowed to sleep in it. One of them is dead. The other is down below. The third is about to electrocute you. Bob, if you don't get out of my bed..."

The Midnighter

The Midnighter rolls out of the way of the dragonfire. While the left side of his mask has been burned off, and the smell of burning hair is quite pungent, he is otherwise unharmed, save for the bruising from the sudden roll.

"You're a knight. You can take the dragon. It's traditional, comrade."

Sam

"No...clue. Just...nothing...that...needs...mesomuch."

doliest
2010-06-28, 09:45 PM
Sylar
Sylar jumps out of the bed, "I'm sorry, I didn't know." For now, vaguely remembering the conversation he had with...himself? He continues to be 'Bob.' He starts walking out of the room, his head still frazzled at best.

industrious
2010-06-28, 09:53 PM
Jenny Sparks

Great. Now he's looking guilty.

"Look, Bob. I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just tired. It's been a long day. I'm being mind controlled, I finally asked Shen on a proper date with shag optional, I got resurrected from the dead...it's been a long day. Night."

She collapses onto her bed. Her good old familiar bed, that nobody has touched since she died...

"Why is this spring bent?"

doliest
2010-06-28, 09:58 PM
Sylar
"A spring is bent? I didn't notice." Sylar says, moving back and looking at the mattress, "I don't know how that would have happened."

industrious
2010-06-28, 10:03 PM
Jenny Sparks

"No idea. Someone-not you, the thing's rusted-touched my bed when I was dead. Maybe Jenny Q. Maybe Shen. Maybe Angie. Doesn't matter. I'm too tired. Excuse me, Bob. Hawksmoor's room should be free. He's still in the infirmary. And if he tells you off, tell him I sent you. And that I'm asleep. He'll get the message."

doliest
2010-06-28, 10:09 PM
Sylar
Sylar nods, moving out of the room and into the hallway and starts wandering around, trying to find...anywhere, actually. He didn't actually know where 'Hawksmoor' roomed. As he keeps walking, part of him starts talking again, in a low whisper, "We could kill them both. Think about it; we fully gain both electricity and whatever 'Hawesmoor' can do. It's the path to real power." Only for another voice to whisper, "She saved us, and he's injuried and weak. It wouldn't be right. We're better than this. Better than him." Sylar himself merely remains quiet as he continues to wander around.

Colesign
2010-06-28, 10:18 PM
[What happened when Sanya shot at Richard?]

Sanya:

"That is unfair stereotype!" Sanya shouts in frustration. "Stereotype that some of my 'comrades' perpetuate, but still..."

He shakes his head and switches to automatic fire, riddling the face and eyes of the dragon with bullets while circling it in a zig-zag manner. When the receiver clicks open he shoulders his Kalashnikov and draws Esperacchius, divine energy wreathing the blade.

With his other hand, he draws a flash-bang from his pocket and pulls the pin out, trying out a trick his fellow 'employee' Michael described using during the fight where he met his future wife...

Evading the attacks of the Dragon as best as he can, Sanya waits for it to breath fire again. It does so, and just before the dragon closes it's mouth Sanya throws a fast curveball into the creature's maw. It remains to see whether it will disable the dragon long enough for Sanya to attack up close...

Cracklord
2010-06-29, 03:19 AM
Hunters
As Sanya opens fire, Richard rolls of 'Scarlet's back, the bullets clattering harmlessly against it's armored hide. Richard drops into the hole they tore in the room, out of sight.
Scarlet lets out a roar calculated to deafen and off put, then brings her enormous foreclaws to bear, swiping and lashing at the Hunters with the force of a wrecking ball. You'd suspect a monster that big to be slow. You'd be very wrong.

Draxx
2010-06-29, 06:27 AM
Ozymandius
Adrian stops Sylar as he walks, his eyes narrowed intently. He doesn't say a word, he lets his actions speak for him.
He has a suspicion about 'Bob', and wants to confirm it in the easiest way.

Heinkel
Heinkel has hunted monsters, terrorists, undead, sorcerers and everything the world has thrown at her. But she's never had to fight a dragon until today, when she's been put up against three.
As Sanya put it, Medieval times.
She draws her guns, and takes careful aim, waiting for someone to draw it's attention, at which point she will go for it's eyes.

Anderson
Anderson sprints after Richard, leaping down the hole after him, a maniacal smile on his face. The thought of loss doesn't even occur to him. Anderson is not one to doubt. It's both his greatest strength and his greatest weakness.

Colesign
2010-06-29, 10:14 AM
[Did the Flashbang work? If not, Sanya does this:]

Sanya

As Sanya jumps back from the creature's claws, another thing Michael Carpenter said about fighting dragons comes to him:

"Humans just can't compare to Dragons. At long range they can roast people alive with fire; that at least you can evade. But at close range they can shatter a spine with one blow, or swallow you in one gulp; and they're nigh-impossible to defend against. It's not wise to attack them up close, at least before disabling them somehow..."

"Midnighter!" Sanya says. "See what you can do with this!" He tosses a flash-bang to him, then reloads with Kalashnikov and joins Heinkel in trying to hit the eyes, moving all the while.

darkblade
2010-06-29, 12:52 PM
Ghost Rider

The fire doesn't bother Blaze in the least, in fact it makes him stronger. He pulls as much of the beast's fire as he can into himself and infuses it with the darkness of Hell as he spits it back out his mouth in a cone towards the dragon. "How about a taste of your own medicince."

Yes he actually says that, he feels quite bad about using such a cliched line but he uses it anyways.

The Bride

The Bride runs over their current assets "Sam's completely worn out, so no magic back up. Travis is still good so we got someone who can play the fool and still fight. Then we got this, whatever it is." The Bride holds up the device she lifted from the last vampire's ashes before tossing it to Bill.

"You have any idea what it is?"

industrious
2010-06-29, 04:19 PM
Sam

"Imnot...completelyuseless," Sam mumbles. "Lemme 'elp. plz."

The Midnighter

The Midnighter hefts the flashbang in his hand, and pulls the pin. He then throws it at the dragon's eye. By which he means to take the entire eyeball out; the equivalent of a bb buried in a normal human eye. A BB that would then heat up as the flash and bang portion activated three seconds later.

Cracklord
2010-06-29, 04:38 PM
Johnny Blaze
Dragons are completely fireproof likewise. And they have powerful magic, which is why even the most powerful wizards do their very best to leave them alone.
Your hellfire robs the brilliance from some of it's bright red scales, leaving them dull and lusterless. It's an effect, though you are not sure how effective it can be said to be.

Sanya
The flashbang goes of in it's mouth, making it's growl devolve into a pained snarl. The heat doesn't bother it, of course, but the shrapnel does, a little.

Midnighter
Before it leaves your hands, you learn it won't work. The dragon has a third eyelid that is closed at the moment, which the flashbang will bounce off. Nature's top predator is very nearly invulnerable.

Anderson
Richard is in a corridor, seven feet wide and sixty along. Long enough to swing his sword, but not long enough for two people to come at him at once. In truth, the perfect trap.
"So you are first. I was hoping for the masked man, but you will do this time." He points the sword at you. "Now come closer so I can kill you."

Sam
One of the girls hauls you to your feet. Your legs feel as though your bones have been replaced with rubber, and the second she stops supporting you you are aware you are going to topple and fall.

'Kiddo', Travis
Bill loos at the door again. "Only one entry, which plays in his favor. He'll see us all coming right away. Hell, he could have a machinegun set up and blow us all to pieces as we approach. So we either look for another way in, and there won't be, or we suck it up and charge in."
He says, catching the box smoothly. He looks at it, fiddles a few times, then nearly drops it when a small stream of fire flares out. He stares again, then at last shrugs and tosses it back. "A cigarette lighter for people with something to prove?"

Archer
You feel the gathering energies stop. The beast has completely reformed.

industrious
2010-06-29, 09:08 PM
Midnighter

At the last moment, then, he adjusts his aim. Up the creature's nostril the grenade goes.

Sam

"Thanks...ma'am." Sam was always polite. Especially to sword-wielding warrior woman assasssins.

Talking hurt. But he couldn't help himself.

"Do...you...have...explosives? Just blow up the" Sam breaks down coughing. "church."