PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Prepared

nolispe
2010-06-23, 03:42 AM
So, one of the major tropes in wizardy fiction is that of the "Crazy prepared" wizard. Hey, the whole batman wizard concept is built around it. So that set me thinking. Without divination, so without actually knowing what is coming up, how would you go crazy prepared in 3.5? For the sake of arguments, you can have a reasonable level artificer, so go nuts.

Doc Roc
2010-06-23, 03:49 AM
So, I've actually had to do this a few times. Bree is a good example of what I mean when I talk about crazy prepared, and hopefully in just a week or so, I'll get to show off Commodore Guff in a duel with Giacomo, where divination is next-to-useless. Bree's a better example, though, because she has pretty much no access to the really good divinations, because they either have seriously devastating consequences, are unreliable, or have material components she cannot afford.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-23, 03:53 AM
A bag of holding full of shapesand. Now you're ready for everything.

ryzouken
2010-06-23, 03:56 AM
Uncanny Forethought (Feat). Source: Exemplars of Evil
Prereqs: Spell Mastery, Int 17.
Benefit: fake like you knew that was coming.

It lets you cast from your spell book with a few limitations. Perfect way to cover contingencies no sane man could foresee.

Doc Roc
2010-06-23, 03:56 AM
Uncanny Forethought (Feat). Source: Exemplars of Evil
Prereqs: Spell Mastery, Int 17.
Benefit: fake like you knew that was coming.

It lets you cast from your spell book with a few limitations. Perfect way to cover contingencies no sane man could foresee.

One of the single most obscenely overlooked feats in the game. A CO fave on ye olde gleemaxen.

ryzouken
2010-06-23, 03:58 AM
Does that mean my Opti-fu is strong? :smallbiggrin:

Doc Roc
2010-06-23, 04:00 AM
You would be welcome in my Dojo.

Mando Knight
2010-06-23, 12:36 PM
Does that mean my Opti-fu is strong? :smallbiggrin:

It means you have been initiated into the ranks of the those who know of the true BatWizard Kata of the Way of Opti-Fu. How strong it is depends on what your spellbook contains (which, of course, should be everything).