PDA

View Full Version : Good type eldritch blast?

PanNarrans
2010-06-23, 09:54 AM
Is there a way to make my warlock's eldritch blast deal Good damage? I'm already exalted good, and currently level 14.

Person_Man
2010-06-23, 09:59 AM
The only advantage to aligned damage is that it bypasses a specific type of damage reduction or energy resistance. A Warlock's Eldritch Blast is untyped, and thus is not effected by any damage or energy reduction. So it's a moot point.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-23, 10:01 AM
Take Consecrate Spell-like Ability (Book of Exalted Deeds). Doesn't even require Exalted status, as far as I can tell, just Good.

Don't some things take extra damage from Good-aligned things, like a vulnerability? But still, I think Person_Man's right on this one.

AtwasAwamps
2010-06-23, 10:02 AM
The only advantage to aligned damage is that it bypasses a specific type of damage reduction or energy resistance. A Warlock's Eldritch Blast is untyped, and thus is not effected by any damage or energy reduction. So it's a moot point.

That said, I believe (though I'm not 100% sure) that the Enlightened Soul from CArcane gains the ability to make its Eldritch Blasts good-aligned and ghost touch.

Optimystik
2010-06-23, 10:04 AM
Off the top of my head, Enlightened Spirit (CM) gets Holy Blast, which does extra damage to evil outsiders. The PrC is pretty blah though.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-23, 10:05 AM
Enlightened Soul is not just blah. It's absolutely hideous.

Optimystik
2010-06-23, 10:14 AM
Enlightened Soul is not just blah. It's absolutely hideous.

Well, it's got... that is, you can... but there's always...

Play me off Jimmy!
*vaudevilles out*

PanNarrans
2010-06-23, 11:44 AM
The only advantage to aligned damage is that it bypasses a specific type of damage reduction or energy resistance.

And regeneration. We've reason to believe the BBEG is an atropal.

A gestalt, full caster atropal. Don't look at me like that. We can take it.

Hmm... it looks like the Consecrate Spell-Like Ability feat is my best bet, even if it's only 3 times per day.

LibraryOgre
2010-06-23, 11:51 AM
Even if there isn't a canon suggestion, I would, as a DM, let you design an invocation that would do that. Might, if you're really nice (and bring good pizza) give you a rod that would do that.

PanNarrans
2010-06-23, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately an eldritch essence wouldn't work, because then I can't also apply Vitriolic Blast to overcome its ridiculous SR.

LibraryOgre
2010-06-23, 12:02 PM
Unfortunately an eldritch essence wouldn't work, because then I can't also apply Vitriolic Blast to overcome its ridiculous SR.

Ah, well, there you go. I'd fall back on a feat, then, or an item.