PDA

View Full Version : An unusual dream

Salbazier
2010-06-23, 10:01 AM
Wow. I just had a very -interesting?- dream.

I dreamed of playing a game and also living the game story itself. Well, it's actually more than that, but nothing unusual there. The strange thing is that I'm sure it was a continuation of another dream I had before. I even remember some detail from the previous dream. But I never remember having such a dream before this night. Did I really dream the previous dream or I just dreamed of dreaming it? @-@

It feels quite real too. So much that I checked my computer right after I woke up too see if I really have the game. :smallconfused:

Weird.

The dream's story itself is good though. I should have it written down.

ScottishDragon
2010-06-23, 10:08 AM
Heh,I had an even more unusual dream,Aragorn And Gimli were playing telephone with the townspeople in fable 2.

I often get dreams that a little bit of other dreams,the rest of the morning I will be confused untill I forget the dream.

Serpentine
2010-06-23, 10:52 AM
Smoking a kick-arse hookah with hobbits.

Got more, but that one's definitely up there.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-06-23, 11:50 AM
I was watching a large boat lit up like a christmas tree with my cousin from Vancouver, and then he turned into a vampire.

Lillith
2010-06-23, 12:08 PM
I dreamed I was Ratchet and was having a space war in my ship against doctor Nefarious. I dream about Ratchet and Clank a lot for some reason. /=.=

Dogmantra
2010-06-23, 12:11 PM
The strange thing is that I'm sure it was a continuation of another dream I had before.

I've had this happen. Twice, actually. Once was a series of dreams about this demon who attacked my school. The first time I didn't know about it, got eaten and died. Second time, I hid behind a tree and was simultaneously inside. Third time, I had a JRPG style battle with it (there were health bars and everything) and I beat it.

I've also had a dream about aliens who abducted "the colonel". I've had it twice, but the second time, the only thing that was different was it starting with me laying in my new bed in my new bedroom.

SaintRidley
2010-06-23, 12:19 PM
Had one a couple years ago where I had to save Christmas from Sephiroth and Arthur Weasley and their army of bears.

Wardog
2010-06-23, 12:20 PM
I've had quite a few dreams that seemed to be continuations of other dreams, but I think in most cases I was just dreaming that they were continuations of another dream. (A bit like a number of dreams I've had where I dreamed that I woke up). For a while I tried keeping a diary of my dreams, so I could tell if I was genuinely dreaming sequels to other dreams.

I have had a few dreams though that were genuinely part of a series. I remember some years ago having a dream series where I was playing/in the best MUD ever (this was about the time, or slightly after I had been MUDing quite a lot in real life).

Unfortunately, after a while the dream became less and less frequent, and when they did occur, they were mainly about me trying to find a computer that could connect to the MUD, or trying to remember what the telnet address was (and usually failing one or both).

Mystic Muse
2010-06-23, 12:51 PM
I had a dream like that. I was playing as megaman.

I also had a dream where I was riding in a semi with the heath ledger version of the joker.

He was actually pretty nice.

littlebottom
2010-06-24, 12:08 AM
dream wise, ive had too many crazy ones to mention, but some of the more vivid yet strange ones include running away from an army of... well, varying characters from varying series of video games and movies. but along side me was abe from abes oddesy... ive no idea why.

the worst dream i remember having though has to be the time i dreamed the same sodding day 3 times in a row before waking up then having to go off and have that day. :smallsigh: it was a dull day in the dreams and it was a dull day in real life which didnt make it any better.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-24, 01:26 AM
Most of my dreams take place in parking garages. I may or may not be trying to park a car inside them. Usually I'm lost, even though they seem vaguely familiar.

Ilena
2010-06-24, 08:27 AM
Well, two actually in the same night. First one was me being turned into a centauress, quitting my job and moving to the barn, and learning to live as a centaur. Basicly the basics of it, then of course i show my friends without giving them any advanced warning because it amuses me :P

The second was a very interesting one, a mix of dnd and sci fi, snuck up with another woman on some minotaurs, shot them with a gun, learned to fly her ship and be a co pilot and saw the most beautiful ocean on a planet.

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-24, 08:46 AM
I dreamed a few nights ago that I was on my way to gym class, but my grandmother made me go shoe shopping with her, so I tried to convince the coach that it was just a different sort of individual exercise and it should count, if I could sign the attendance sheet. It didn't count, but I got a new pair of sandals.
Sadly, I woke up to find that I still had to go to the gym.

Eloi
2010-06-24, 09:15 AM
I had a dream that I died. I think it was continuation of the other dream in which I died, but that wouldn't make sense because I died in the other one. Maybe its a metaseries tied together by the concept of me dying? Seems to be a popular theme...

Anyway, that sounds like you had a lucid dream, if I remember the terms correctly.

nerd-7i+e
2010-06-26, 09:54 PM
Anyway, that sounds like you had a lucid dream, if I remember the terms correctly.

No, a lucid dream is when you realize you're dreaming while dreaming (the awesome thing is that during a lucid dream you can remember anything you've ever seen/heard/otherwise perceived, since the brain never actually forgets; it only hides "unimportant" [tell that to my Latin test] information [I've never actually had a lucid dream, so this is not from experience, and I could be wrong]).

One really freaky dream: I'm in a really small shower room, with two showers facing each other across a small space, in which my mom and I are standing (I have no idea why she was in a boys' shower room). Outside the room, there is a large crowd talking in a narrow hallway. Guess what happens next, because it is so random:
The boys in the shower collapse and have epileptic seizures.
To this day, that dream remains the weirdest (and in many ways scariest) dream I've ever had.

Another interesting dream I've had is my being at an amusement park, next to a water slide. I don't remember the specifics, but I remember that there was a family of little (two inches tall) people. I remember they were climbing up to the top of the water slide, but they were taking a really long time, so I pushed them off (I've done the same thing to a golden retriever slowly crossing the road in a dream that I had a truck). Then the water in the slide froze over and I skied down.

Lastly (I have to type quickly, before a new memory returns!), I remember having a dream in which someone punched me in the face. I woke up with a large nose bleed.

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-26, 10:10 PM
I had a dream last night that I had to fit train cars together like tetris, and I accidentally caused a horrific train crash by pressing the wrong buttons.
There was more. It is here. (http://dreamlogincolor.blogspot.com/2010/06/video-game-ish.html)

Felixaar
2010-06-26, 10:26 PM
My dreams get kind of freaky at times, but I have the common thing that I barely remember them when awake and yet can remember it all whilst asleep. For instance there is a town I know I've visited as a drifter many times in dreams, located somewhere in southern Western Australia. I know several streets and residents quite well, and I can remember dreaming about it on many occasions. It doesn't exist in reality, of course.

Cealocanth
2010-06-26, 10:47 PM
Last year I had the same continuation of a dream for six days. Here is a description. Warning, very long spoiler.

It was post-apocalyptic themed, where there was this one shining city in a ravaged Earth. Within the city, it was amazing. There were survivors, and those that didn't want to kill you. They had everything.

The next day it turned out that the city of hope was not all as cracked up to be. Every survivor had to go through several years of tactical training to make sure that they could protect the city with all costs. The work was hard, confusong, and actually tiring. This often included training on using futuristic weapons, going days without food and water, and gladitorial combat with a host of mutated monsters.

The next night I found out I had been doing this for several months and I discovered the real reason that they trained us like this. It was not to protect the city, it was to protect the human race. There were a couple more of these cities, placed and preserved by the collaberation of the Earth's governments in order to ensure the survival of the human race by creating this training. Those that were not strong enough to survive the training, would die, allowing the strong and well equipped to repopulate the planet.

The next night the city was attacked by a band of raiders, although they were more beast than man. They were gruesome, bloodthirsty, and cannibalistic. They took bullets, lasers, and stab wounds like nothing hit them, and they devoured their victims with much bloodlust. They attacked with sharpened teeth and nails like claws, aimlessly ripping their victims to bits and eating them soon afterwords. We fought them off, but only after signifigant casualties. For some reason, I felt deeply depressed.

We called them The Dark Ones. They were maddened and turned into monsters by a horrible man that named himself The Dark One. He exsisted only to destroy what's left of the human race, and finnish what the appocolypse was made to do. At first he was just a man driven to finnish what the Final War had started, and then was driven mad. He began to poisen and mutate his followers with radioactive cesspool water. He, himself, was turned into a monster without the help of the cesspool water.

The next night the residents of the city were preparing for a brutal war. There was not enough weapons, armor, nor food to sustain the entire population of the city. Many had to make due with the clothes on their back and whatever makeshift weapon they could find. I got stuck with a lead pipe, widdled down to a sharp edge and point and no armor except for a pair of leather work gloves. Food was scarce, and we all had something to eat, but it was not enough for anyone. We all went to war hungry.

Apparently the one last night was just an advance attack. The Dark One has brought his immense army to destroy this city because the last attack failed at destroying it.

The next night we faced the army. We stood about 200 in number, they were in the 2000s. All the men fought through horde after horde of Dark Ones, but no one stood a chance, for every monster that fell, there were 3 more to replace him. The swiftly dropping ranks of Survivors retreated back into the city. The Dark ones flooded the streets.

I ran, as the Survovors were quickly downed by the mass of Dark Ones. I ran for at least an hour when I came upon the weapon storage facillity. I dashed inside and barred the door. I searched around the wreakage as the endless banging of the horde matched the rapid beating of my heart. After what seemed like forever I found a box of explosives. Without thinking, I lit the fuse and bolted out the back door. Somehow I was out of the blast radius when it went off. The explosion was tall and went on for way too long than it should have.

So there it was, the last light of the post appocolyptic world that I'll ever see, gone from the face of the Earth in a split second.

Kiren
2010-06-26, 10:50 PM
I wrote this one down! Sort version: Their was a soldier at a camp, the world was being invaded by aliens, the aliens are destroying giant VERY important towers, called carapaces. I rally a team up to go and fix it, we reach a parking lot, we see a homeless person walking like a zombie and clawing in the air. I soon recognize it as a taken from Alan Wake, none of my team knows what I am talking about and it throws a knife at a survivor of the invasion. So the taken pulls out an axe from know where and proceeds to strike me with it repeatably, somehow they are all glancing blows, but they hurt. I am telling everyone to run for the last working street light, but they don't understand why, and don't go, I get struck and wake up.

Somehow we forgot to bring guns because I saw no one shooting at the thing. Anyway hooray for dreams!

PallElendro
2010-06-26, 11:33 PM
I had a dream I was an Eladrin Paladin fighting a Dragon Disciple (tiefling), and the only way I could stop her was to obtain the Swordmage's Shortsword to smite the disciple of Tiamat with a lash of Divine Challenge, followed by Ardent Strikes and some epic level Paladin powers.

NOTE: This dream was 4th Edition.

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-27, 10:59 AM
Roland was in my dream last night, giving me an infraction for posting some religious and political stuff on a bulletin board inside an empty warehouse.

Phae Nymna
2010-06-27, 11:06 AM
Just the other night I was Subject Delta. Dead splicers were EVEYWHERE.

Lord Loss
2010-06-27, 11:16 AM
I dreamt for a few consecutive nights of a girl being chased through a forest by a werewolf.

Morph Bark
2010-06-27, 11:33 AM
I've had the "remember an undreamt dream in a dream" thing happen too.

My most random dream? Walking through my high school except for some reason it looks more high-tech and has more floors. Suddenly an airplane crashes into the school and a Pikachu in a Darth Vader suit hops out, challenging me to a Yu-Gi-Oh! card duel.

I never found out who won...

Kiren
2010-06-27, 12:40 PM
I've had the "remember an undreamt dream in a dream" thing happen too.

My most random dream? Walking through my high school except for some reason it looks more high-tech and has more floors. Suddenly an airplane crashes into the school and a Pikachu in a Darth Vader suit hops out, challenging me to a Yu-Gi-Oh! card duel.

I never found out who won...

It was a situation of life and death, the protagonist always wins in that case.

Form
2010-06-27, 12:55 PM
I had a really weird dream fairly recently. In my dream I was lying in my bed at night and I see the silhouet of a man in the door opening. Then I 'wake up', again find myself lying in my bed at night and now the man is standing right beside my bed. I 'wake up' again, it's still late at night and I'm in my bed but the man is gone. Very frightening.

And then I finally wake up for real. Most of my dreams are pretty strange, but I'd never experienced that before.

Cealocanth
2010-06-28, 11:01 PM
Had a really weird nightmare last night. I saw a man talking. I could only see his head and the wall behind him, he didn't seem to notice me, almost like I didn't exsist. It was silent. All yo ucould see was his mouth moving and head moving like he was having a casual conversation. For some reason, I knew what he was saying was evil and the sight of him talkin was the most horrifiying thing I had ever seen.

Strange.

chiasaur11
2010-06-29, 01:56 AM
Odd indeed.

Fortunately, I've read my Freud. The dream means you want to kill your father and marry your mother.

(And I've had both kinds of sequel dreams, real deal and fabricated evidence. Or I remember having both. It is best to consider Wen the Eternally Surprised here.)

Lord Raziere
2010-06-29, 02:02 AM
......my dreams are never as clear as those.

one dream was just me randomly running around in a dark school corridor at night, finding the door, trying to get out and finding it locked and not liking that.

another dream is me bouncing off walls. just me, bouncing off walls.

another dream is me walking through a school hall, where everyone else is riding these student school desk-bicycle hybrid things with only one wheel, I remember some person on a ladder to the side, then turning to face a door and see some crowded desk with some sitting in it. then I wake up.

and yet another dream was some guy talking to me, we were just outside of my school....and then I suddenly started running like I was rebelling against the system and then I stop at some random place, feeling completely free.

my dreams are WEIRD

The Rose Dragon
2010-06-29, 02:13 AM
In my dream, I was driving my car and led to two buses driving right out of the highway into the sea without even touching them, drowning everyone in them.

Then I woke up, went to school, told my dream to someone in the class and got into a fight over the seats.

Then I woke up for real.

chiasaur11
2010-06-29, 02:24 AM
Ah, if we're going for subconscious jerk moves, then I'm going to win. Strap in kiddies. This is meta-jerkery of the first degree.

So, standard meaningless wandery dream, but then, in dream? I hit the jackpot. Scott Pilgrim #6, released a month or so early by accident at one obscure bookstore, and nobody else catches it. I'm walking out with the jackpot, but then, just as I'm about to acquaint myself with the goods, a rather unpleasant thought hits me like a freight train. I'm in a dream. The book isn't real. I don't get to keep it. And I'm probably going to wake up before I get to any good stuff.

Well, just as I finish the back cover in a state of mild depression, I wake up. Bed normal, surroundings normal. But explosive diarrhea of an elephant, what's this here? Can it be?

Holy crow, I've seen this before... SCOTT PILGRIM 6! Like a bad episode of Twilight Zone, I just had a weird crossover between dreams and reality. Normally, I'd contemplate the metaphysics of the whole matter, but when Scott Pilgrim beckons, I tend to abandon the theoretical for the practical, vis a vis facepunchery and comedic brilliance. I reach for Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour. I'm, quite possibly, one of the first people to ever read a finished copy. I open it...

And in a twist you called faster than a jerk seeing the Sixth Sense for the second time in a crowded theater, I wake up. Again.

Well played, brain.

Partof1
2010-06-29, 02:40 AM
I've done that, but less so.

I dream of having something I want, I wake up, think I have it, hop out of bed, elated, and remember waking up between having the thing and now.

Well played, brain, indeed.

chiasaur11
2010-06-29, 02:44 AM
I've done that, but less so.

I dream of having something I want, I wake up, think I have it, hop out of bed, elated, and remember waking up between having the thing and now.

Well played, brain, indeed.

I think my brain is entering that cycle of one-upsmanship mentioned in XKCD.

Standard jerk moves are failing. Metajerk is required.