PDA

View Full Version : would you homebrew(asking for a 3.5 homebrew)

Deathdarken
2010-06-23, 10:30 AM
the class for keyblade wielder from kingdom hearts I'm working on a 4.0 version I was to see how much they differ in terms of 3.5 vs 4.0 standards

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-23, 11:26 AM
*ahem*

The Homebrew Request Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72870&page=29)

Deathdarken
2010-06-23, 11:30 AM
*ahem*

The Homebrew Request Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72870&page=29)

to quote what the person said

Requests should be for homebrew that could be easily contained in one post - asking for a whole new base class or magic system would be a bit too much for this thread. The concept here is really for DMs to request something they expect to use in short order and don't have the time to develop themselves.

Tavar
2010-06-23, 11:33 AM
What are the general abilities of a keyblade warrior? What should they be able to do? And are you sure that it isn't better represented by a PrC?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-23, 11:38 AM
to quote what the person said

Requests should be for homebrew that could be easily contained in one post - asking for a whole new base class or magic system would be a bit too much for this thread. The concept here is really for DMs to request something they expect to use in short order and don't have the time to develop themselves.

Ah. My bad. I rarely use the thread myself, so I forgot that about it. :smallredface:

That said, I'll second what Tavar said. What is a Keyblade warrior? What does it do?

Mr.Moron
2010-06-23, 11:54 AM
Ah. My bad. I rarely use the thread myself, so I forgot that about it. :smallredface:

That said, I'll second what Tavar said. What is a Keyblade warrior? What does it do?

Mechanically speaking? There isn't too much that separates them from any post-7 FF style hero. It's Just they fight with a giant key instead of the fancy sword of the month and hang out with cartoon ducks.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-23, 11:55 AM
Mechanically speaking? There is too much that separates them from much any post-7 FF style hero. It's Just they fight with a giant key instead of the fancy sword of the month and hang out with cartoon ducks.

Seems like a Warblade or Crusader with a fancy weapon then. Maybe a half arcane Swordsage, half normal Swordsage variant. Or a Jade Pheonix Mage with a flavor alteration.

Tavar
2010-06-23, 11:57 AM
Yeah, unless they have unique abilities intrinsic to the character instead of the weapon, then it seems what you really want is a new weapon, possibly with some enhancements.

Merk
2010-06-23, 12:14 PM
I'd probably model it something like a gestalt Soulknife // Swordsage, but allow both maneuvers and spells.

Deathdarken
2010-06-23, 01:28 PM
I can't really help much considering I don't know much about 3.5 most of the stuff confuses me

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-23, 01:34 PM
I can't really help much considering I don't know much about 3.5 most of the stuff confuses me

...why do you need a 3.5 version then? Just curious. If you don't understand 3.5, I can't see how a 3.5 version of a class would help you much. :smallconfused:

Deathdarken
2010-06-23, 01:37 PM
...why do you need a 3.5 version then? Just curious. If you don't understand 3.5, I can't see how a 3.5 version of a class would help you much. :smallconfused:

two reasons

1) I just want to see how someone would go about creating the character

2) I got a good friend that understand 3.5 very well but he can't get me to understand it so I want it for him to use

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-23, 01:41 PM
2) I got a good friend that understand 3.5 very well but he can't get me to understand it so I want it for him to use

He'll probably understand our suggestions then. The general opinion seems to be that it doesn't really merit a new class.

Deathdarken
2010-06-23, 01:46 PM
He'll probably understand our suggestions then. The general opinion seems to be that it doesn't really merit a new class.

guess 4.0 and 3.5 are that much different

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-23, 01:47 PM
guess 4.0 and 3.5 are that much different

In some respects, yes. In others, no. I'm unsure as to what you mean here.

In 3.5, this concept can be made by using existing classes: as mentioned, the Soulknife, Warblade, and Swordsage can be combined to do this fairly easily.

Deathdarken
2010-06-23, 01:52 PM
In some respects, yes. In others, no. I'm unsure as to what you mean here.

In 3.5, this concept can be made by using existing classes: as mentioned, the Soulknife, Warblade, and Swordsage can be combined to do this fairly easily.

K well could someone create the templet or what ever its call for me, just to save the work for me and my friend

Tavar
2010-06-23, 02:53 PM
If I understand Djinn_In_Tonic, he's saying that you don't really need to create anything new, just multiclass between to existing classes. Well, besides possibly creating a new weapon, but without knowing what the abilities it requires, one can't really do much.