PDA

View Full Version : 4E Monster Competition I - VOTING THREAD!!!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-23, 11:09 AM
4E Monster Competition I - What the hell is THAT!?!
VOTING THREAD

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7393/krakencthulhu3.jpg

In the outer reaches of the Far Realm, in the darkest corners of the 9 Hells, in the swirling pit of the Abyss, on forgotten island-tombs in the Astral Sea, and in the deepest stretches of the Underdark mid-bending horrors lurk in the darkness.

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

The Contestants

Angel of Madness (By ME)
Angel of Madness

Long ago, during the dawn war a small group of angels serving Pelor were sucked into a portal to the far realm, they did not die, instead they were warped and twisted into horrible aberrations. Angels of Madness resemble vaguely-humanoid winged beings of pure insanity, chaos, and madness with tentacles sprouting out of their backs.

Angel of Madness Level 17 Controller
Medium aberrant humanoid XP 1,600
Initiative +15 Senses Perception +10; truesight, darkvision
HP 168; Bloodied 84
AC 33; Fortitude 31; Reflex 30; Will 33
Immune psychic; disease; poison
Resist 10 untyped damage
Speed 6, Fly 10, Teleport 6

TRAITS
Aura of Insanity Aura 3
When a foe starts their turn within the aura the Angel of Madness can slide them 1 square.

STANDARD ACTIONS
m Blade of Pure Madness (standard; at-will)
Attack: Melee 1 (1 target); +21 vs Will
Hit: 2d8 + 7 Psychic damage and the target is dominated until the end of the end of the angel's next turn.
M Tentacle (standard; at-will)
Attack: Melee 2 (1 target); +21 vs Fortitude
Hit: 2d8 + 7 Damage and the Angel of Madness slides the target 2 squares.
A Maddening Lightning (standard; recharge 4 5 6)
Attack: Burst 1 within 10 (all targets); +19 vs Reflex
Hit: 4d10 + 7 Lightning and psychic damage and the target is dazed (save ends).

Alignment Chaotic Evil Languages Supernal, Deep Speech
Skills Intimidate +20
Str 18 (+12) Dex 18 (+12) Wis 15 (+10)
Con 24 (+15) Int 18 (+12) Cha 24 (+15)

Tactics
Angels of Madness usually attack in numbers, starting battle with Maddening Lightning and than charge in sliding foes around and dominating them with Blade of Pure Madness. Angels of Madness will fight to the death, never fleeing unless commanded to.

Angel of Madness Lore
Arcana 20 Angels of Madness are Angels that were trapped in the far realm during the dawn war and were twisted and corrupted into their current form. They now serve powerful beings of the far realm as elite solders, messengers, bodyguards, and assassins.
Arcana 25 Angels of Madness can shoot mind-bending lightning out of their hands, manipulate the battlefield with their long, flailing tentacles, and cut into the minds of their foes with blades made out of pure madness.

Encounter Groups
Angels of Madness serve more powerful abberant beings as bodyguards, they also often lead other creatures from the far realm into battle and go into the mortal world in scouting groups.

Far Realm Warband (lv 17, xp 8,000)
-3 Angels of Madness (lv 17 controller, xp 1,600)
-2 Enormous Carrion Crawlers (lv 17 controller, xp 1,600)

Void Mite (By benevolenTyrant)
This is my idea for an "off the wall" 4E Monster

Void Mite
The Void Mite is a tiny, intelligent black-hole that sucks everything that comes close into it's alien digestive system. It has 10s of tiny legs that it scuttles around on and every time it consumes a creature it gains a number of legs equal to the number of legs the creature had.

Void Mite Level 7 Controller
Tiny aberrant magical beast XP 300
Initiative +7 Senses Perception +6
HP 83; Bloodied 41
Regeneration 5
AC 21; Fortitude 20; Reflex 21; Will 19
Speed 6
m Absorb (standard; at-will)
Attack: +11 vs Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 5 Damage and the target is immobilized (save ends).
Pulling Aura (no action; at-will) • Aura
Aura 3
Foes that start their turn within the aura are pulled 1 square and are slowed until the end of their turn.
Teleport Away (immediate interrupt (when attacked); recharge 5 6)
The Void Mite teleports 8 squares and suffers no effects of the attack.
Alignment Unaligned Languages —
Skills Stealth +9
Str 10 (+3) Dex 13 (+4) Wis 16 (+6)
Con 19 (+7) Int 10 (+3) Cha 13 (+4)

Tactics: The Void Mite stays in the middle of combat sucking in foes and keeping them from getting away from their allies.

Greater Void Mite
Sometimes a Void Mite consumes so many creatures that it becomes larger and more powerful, scuttling along on it's thousands of legs the Greater Void Mite is a dangerous predator despite It's size.

Greater Void Mite Level 10 Controller
Small aberrant magical beast XP 300
Initiative +9 Senses Perception +14
HP 83; Bloodied 41
Regeneration 5
AC 24; Fortitude 23; Reflex 24; Will 22
Speed 6
m Absorb (standard; at-will)
Attack: +14 vs Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 5 Damage and the target is immobilized (save ends).
Pulling Aura (no action; at-will) • Aura
Aura 4
Foes that start their turn within the aura are pulled 2 squares and are slowed until the end of their turn.
Teleport Away (immediate interrupt (when attacked); recharge 4 5 6)
The Void Mite teleports 10 squares and suffers no effects of the attack.
Alignment Unaligned Languages —
Skills Stealth +11
Str 12 (+5) Dex 15 (+7) Wis 18 (+9)
Con 21 (+10) Int 12 (+6) Cha 15 (+7)

Void Mite Lore:
Arcana 20: Void Mites are aberrant predators that suck in their prey with pulling force.
Arcana 25: Every time a Void Mite consumes a creature it adds their legs to it's own set, when a Void Mite consumes enough creatures they become larger and more powerful.

The Current Votes:
Angel of Madness (1)
Void Mite (3)

Deathdarken
2010-06-23, 11:28 AM
hard to say you both did such great work, you did one great creature he did a good job on creating a new race of creature with different roles I can't really say wish I had the time to do my heartless creature.

EDIT can I vote both??

deathali'helper
2010-06-23, 11:31 AM
I vote Angels of Madness.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-23, 12:32 PM
Void Mite
It has a few rules flaws but I love the concept.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-23, 11:56 PM
@ Deathdarken
No, you can't vote for both.

A Preview Next Contest!

4E Monster Competition II - EEEEEKKK!!!

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8606/newcomimgii.png

In the dead of night cackling hags stir their bubbling cauldrons in their bleak caves, soul-eating wraiths stalk city slums and abandoned streets searching for fresh life-energy, ancient trolls lie in wait in hiding for unlucky travelers to feast on, and demented cultists sacrifice innocents for their unholy gods. Brave heroes fight back shadowy horrors but in the end darkness always swallows the light and the candle always goes out.

Deathdarken
2010-06-24, 12:38 AM
@ Deathdarken
No, you can't vote for both.

A Preview Next Contest!

4E Monster Competition II - EEEEEKKK!!!

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8606/newcomimgii.png

In the dead of night cackling hags stir their bubbling cauldrons in their bleak caves, soul-eating wraiths stalk city slums and abandoned streets searching for fresh life-energy, ancient trolls lie in wait in hiding for unlucky travelers to feast on, and demented cultists sacrifice innocents for their unholy gods. Brave heroes fight back shadowy horrors but in the end darkness always swallows the light and the candle always goes out.
then I guess void mite

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-24, 03:47 PM
Void Mite

Although Angel of Madness was a close 2nd.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-24, 11:40 PM
The voting will continue until the end of the month, than the next contest will be launched.

EDIT So start thinking about your next entry.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-28, 11:58 PM
We Have a Winner!!!

benevolenTyrant wins 4E Monster Competition I - What the hell is THAT!?!

You can find the next contest HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158113)!