PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat embarrasing moment

Coplantor
2010-06-23, 12:24 PM
Well, I decided to share this with you guys, roght now, I'm working, I'm allowed to listen to music from my laptop, so I put a DVD with backup of my music and had the shuffle thingie on. Nothing weird for the last 4 months, but today, oh today, about three minutes ago "I'm a goophy goober" of spongebob's movie fame started to play and it was easily heard by everyone, some proceeded to look at me funny...

Then I just let the song play :smallcool:

Anyway, anything similar had hapened to you guys?

Crimmy
2010-06-23, 01:50 PM
Somewhat.

There's this song called "Katamari on the Rock!" sung by Dokaka.

It's totally weird, and I played it in the mike of my school.

Totally Guy
2010-06-23, 02:34 PM
All the IT systems were down at work and would be for a full week so I'd brought in my personal laptop from home. I was showing a female work colleague a slideshow of a cool day out I had recently, explaining all the pictures I'd taken...

When it got to the end it cycled back around to the very first album I'd uploaded. An event called "Naked Maze Night"...

So then a big picture of me and my best friends all standing together naked flashed up onto the screen and I had to exit the programme...

Then I had to explain how I was sorry and that I didn't know that would happen. Thank the heavens she was understanding and kept quiet. The picture wasn't at all sexual it was just buddies standing together without clothes on. So it was ok.

Still embarrassing though.

littlebottom
2010-06-23, 07:45 PM
All the IT systems were down at work and would be for a full week so I'd brought in my personal laptop from home. I was showing a female work colleague a slideshow of a cool day out I had recently, explaining all the pictures I'd taken...

When it got to the end it cycled back around to the very first album I'd uploaded. An event called "Naked Maze Night"...

So then a big picture of me and my best friends all standing together naked flashed up onto the screen and I had to exit the programme...

Then I had to explain how I was sorry and that I didn't know that would happen. Thank the heavens she was understanding and kept quiet. The picture wasn't at all sexual it was just buddies standing together without clothes on. So it was ok.

Still embarrassing though.

ah yes, i remember the thread, sounded like you had a fun day out. :smallbiggrin: you should of proudly showed her all the pictures.

Zocelot
2010-06-23, 08:11 PM
ah yes, i remember the thread, sounded like you had a fun day out. :smallbiggrin: you should of proudly showed her all the pictures.

The problem is that showing the pictures could have been construed as sexual harassment. Closing them off quickly was the correct thing to do from a practicality standpoint, as well as one of minimizing embarrassment.

Totally Guy
2010-06-24, 12:26 AM
ah yes, i remember the thread, sounded like you had a fun day out. :smallbiggrin:

We're doing it again next month!:biggrin:

rakkoon
2010-06-24, 07:50 AM
I once worked on a server (at work) on which there were traces of p0rn. I also got a nice username of who visited the sites and it was a colleague I knew personally.

How do you warn a guy that it was a stupid move to do that on a work server without embarrasing him?

I simply deleted the files and never mentioned it to anyone.

Eloi
2010-06-24, 07:56 AM
I accidentally showed some one my plush collection when looking for stuff in my closet. T'was embarrassing, but I think the majority of my plushies are 'weird' more than they are 'cute'. "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", for example.

Rawhide
2010-06-26, 08:14 PM
I accidentally showed some one my plush collection when looking for stuff in my closet. T'was embarrassing, but I think the majority of my plushies are 'weird' more than they are 'cute'. "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", for example.

You must post pictures of your plushies. I've posted pictures of mine in the You thread before.