PDA

View Full Version : Chess Piece Monster Help

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-23, 12:40 PM
I'm looking for the stats of a monster that I am planning to use in a puzzle for my campaign. I don't think it is from a rulebook, but if anyone has homebrewed something like he following, please let me know:

medium size
construct
no actual dextrous movement, just immobile statues that can hop around

6 different monster npcs, each shaped like a chess piece, king, queen, rook, bishop, pawn or knight.

thanking you in advance.

hamishspence
2010-06-23, 12:58 PM
Dragon Magazine 358 (August 2007) had stats for chess piece constructs- with special movement themes.

Knights could teleport a short distance as a move action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Pawns had to move toward opponents in a straight line. And could move double-speed during the first round (but this double move provoked AOOs for entering a threatened square)

Bishops could move diagonally, without counting every second square as 2. And could move diagonally past a corner.

Rooks, when moving in a straight line and not diagonally, could move and make a full attack.

Queens had the Bishop ability, the ability to move through difficult terrain without penalty, and didn't have the normal AC penalty for charging.

Kings had the ability to teleport a rook adjacent to them, when not threatened.

Fun stuff.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-23, 01:07 PM
chaturans, got it.