PDA

View Full Version : I Got A Job

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-23, 02:41 PM
YESS! I DID IT! I GOT A JOB!

I've been looking for work for a whole year now. And finally, after months of fruitless searching in this blasted wasteland of an economy, I have landed a job as a dishwasher at a cafe.

YESS!!

*does employment jig*

As a 23 year old skinny white dude with huge eyes, I am one sweet American ninja delivery girlfriend away from being Scott Pilgrim.

I SHARE MY MIRTH WITH THE INTERTUBEZ! BE MERRY! I DEMAND IT!

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Bleeheeheeee! YAMS!
(What is wrong with the world today if I can get this excited about a minimum wage filthdrone job?)

OH YEEEAAAH!

I SHARE HAPPYTIME LINK WITH THE WORLD NOW! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQtmoDpPWDI)

Frozen_Feet
2010-06-23, 02:47 PM
Lucky bastard.

I'm envious.

Hopefully, your strike your toe or something. :smalltongue:

Honestly, congratulations.

mrpitchfork
2010-06-23, 02:50 PM
Job searching sucks. If you have no previous experience at food places, food places is where you want to apply, they really like fresh workers with no "bad habits".

Eadin
2010-06-23, 02:50 PM
yay for you ^^

Gorgondantess
2010-06-23, 02:51 PM
Job searching sucks. If you have no previous experience at food places, food places is where you want to apply, they really like fresh workers with no "bad habits".

...Food places prefer people with no previous experience?:smalleek:

And Yay for CTP! Trust me, no matter how bad it is, it can't possibly get worse than my job.:smallbiggrin::smallfrown:

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-23, 03:10 PM
<Does the gainful employment jig>

Welcome to the world of being paid to do the bidding of others :smalltongue:

arguskos
2010-06-23, 03:19 PM
*weeps at lack of personal gainful employment*

Good job though (lolpuns). :smallwink:

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-23, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah! Do the monkey with me! C'mon! Get down! Huh!

DANCE! DANCE YOU IDIOTS! WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs)

rakkoon
2010-06-24, 02:28 AM
Congratulations, just 5 more years away from owning your own franchise!

Lycan 01
2010-06-24, 02:41 AM
Awesome, dude! Congrats! :smallbiggrin:

I've got a couple of fast food applications I need to fill out, but since I'm a college student they probably won't hire me, since I'll be going back in about 2 months. Dunno if I should even bother... :smallsigh:

NeoRetribution
2010-06-24, 03:21 AM
Congratulations.

Strawberries
2010-06-24, 07:58 AM
Congratulations! Welcome to the wonderful world of the employed.
Now let me teach you the basics: how to complain about your boss, how to do work-related gossip.... :smalltongue:

raitalin
2010-06-24, 09:40 AM
Awesome, dude! Congrats! :smallbiggrin:

I've got a couple of fast food applications I need to fill out, but since I'm a college student they probably won't hire me, since I'll be going back in about 2 months. Dunno if I should even bother... :smallsigh:

Just don't tell them you're moving.

Marillion
2010-06-24, 10:19 AM
Just remember: The dishmonkey is just as important as anyone else in the kitchen. Without you, the whole place falls apart.

...Food places prefer people with no previous experience?:smalleek:

Well, not so much prefer as won't immediately say no. If you don't have any experience, they get to mold you to do things the way that THEY do things.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-24, 10:29 AM
Just don't tell them you're moving.

I think they meant whether they should bother applying if they're leaving. Though I'm occasionally wrong.

Lord Loss
2010-06-26, 09:07 AM
Well done! Three Cheers for CTP!

thubby
2010-06-26, 11:13 AM
Lucky bastard.

I'm envious.

Hopefully, your strike your toe or something. :smalltongue:

Honestly, congratulations.

hey, you stole what i was going to say! D:<
*challenges to a duel*

Shas aia Toriia
2010-06-26, 01:40 PM
Well, not so much prefer as won't immediately say no.

This. Good luck finding a real job with no experience.

Mando Knight
2010-06-26, 01:48 PM

1.) Start early. If you get out in May, start sending applications in April.
2.) Keep applying.
3.) Look for temp positions. If they only last 4-8 weeks, that's fine, since that's about how long you'll be there anyway.

Moff Chumley
2010-06-26, 04:11 PM
I feel it necessary to post this.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GmrAxKAVdo)