PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Subdual Damage [3.5/PF]

Tanuki Tales
2010-06-23, 04:46 PM
Subdual/Nonlethal damage is generally healed at a rate of 1 hit point per character level per hour. If you have a healing spell cast on you, it heals an equal amount of Nonlethal as it does regular HP. And if you have Fast Healing it heals up your subdual before going to heal up your HP proper.

Aside from getting immunity to subdual damage through varying methods, are there any other ways to heal your nonlethal damage, either via feats, gear or class features?

As an side question, how does a creature with both Regeneration and Fast Healing work? Is the Fast Healing only there as a redundancy in case the Regen is trumped or do they interact in some way?

Ilmryn
2010-06-23, 04:58 PM
Subdual/Nonlethal damage is generally healed at a rate of 1 hit point per character level per hour. If you have a healing spell cast on you, it heals an equal amount of Nonlethal as it does regular HP. And if you have Fast Healing it heals up your subdual before going to heal up your HP proper.

Aside from getting immunity to subdual damage through varying methods, are there any other ways to heal your nonlethal damage, either via feats, gear or class features?

As an side question, how does a creature with both Regeneration and Fast Healing work? Is the Fast Healing only there as a redundancy in case the Regen is trumped or do they interact in some way?

I don't know about your first question, but I think a creature with both fast healing and regen heals from both, eg a creature with FH 10 and regen 5 would heal 15 points of nonöethal damage per turn.
Also, what visual effects does nonlethal damage have? Will a creture with regen that gets hit with fire and still regens simply have a bruise or nonsevere burn? Simply put, what does nonlethal damage look like, especially when it comes from an unusual source?

Siosilvar
2010-06-23, 05:25 PM
Aside from the fact that I can't think of anything with both Regeneration and Fast Healing, Ilmryn is correct. Both would heal the nonlethal damage.

Of note is that although Regeneration converts most things to nonlethal and heals nonlethal, Fast Healing heals both lethal and nonlethal (though it heals nonlethal first).

Tanuki Tales
2010-06-23, 09:01 PM
Aside from the fact that I can't think of anything with both Regeneration and Fast Healing, Ilmryn is correct. Both would heal the nonlethal damage.

Of note is that although Regeneration converts most things to nonlethal and heals nonlethal, Fast Healing heals both lethal and nonlethal (though it heals nonlethal first).

Uuvadaum from the Epic Level Handbook has both.

And I know, I noted that in my first post.