PDA

View Full Version : Crixon's Dragonlance (IC)

Ilena
2010-06-23, 10:16 PM
In the time after the first Cataclysm, life was very hard. In the king priests arrogance, he called down upon Krynn the wrath of the gods. It is said they abandoned the mortals to their folly and doom. Everything was changed, seas where there was none last year, desert as far as the eye can see where their was shimmering ocean. This is but a small part of the greater goings'on in the world. A tale of a group of people, out to survive this changed world.

Tavi:
Being a bard in these dark times is not an easy thing. So many people have been displaced, so many lack even the money to buy themselves food. So many refugees from the lands surrounding what was once Istar, many are starving with no one to help them.

But alas, you sit inside the tavern, "The Lucky Lady" within the small village of SalmonFall. The inn itself has seen better days, a few glass windows, one with a large crack in it that may have came from the cataclysm itself, bathe the common room with a pale evening light. A tavern wench starts moving between them, lighting a few to chase back the coming darkness. The common room itself is clean compared to others you have seen lately though is far from spotless. A few others sit around with you, most look to be village folk and very much depressed.

William:
You travel upon the road down from Hillhome, almost to a small village of SalmonFall that somehow survived the cataclysm. The day has been long hot and tiring for both you and your horse. The path you travel winds through the forest, seemingly untouched by axe or fiery mountain. You notice as you crest a rise the small village you were waiting to see. The falling sun bathes it in a welcoming glow, as if your lost mothers arms were beckoning you home. You think at least another 5 more weary minutes and you will be there.

Marikoth:
In your travels you have seen much, experienced more then you ever thought was out there from your forest home. But nothing could have prepared you for that day, the day a mountain crashed upon Istar. The golden capital of the world. You heard from rumors that Silvanost is still there, that it is ok. But you know you can never return to that home, cut off from it forever. So here you sit, inside a tavern, aptly named "The Lucky Lady". You see few others, some who belong there, local farmers and those trying their hand at fishing, as well as a few others who do not look like they belong. The tavern wench moves to light a few lanterns, sparing those who cannot see in the dark from stumbling around blind.

Chicken Muck:
The cataclysm really did not change much, the life of good Chicken Muck. A sea appeared overnight where their was none before, many of the taller, mean folk seemed upset. But their garbage was still there, their scraps that are perfectly fine to eat still being thrown out. So what if mountains disappear and the ground shakes? The food is good. You rummage around in a garbage pile in an alleyway beside a place you heard someone saying one time, "The lucky Lady", or was it "The lady Lucky?" Your hands find a broken spoon, half the spoon head broken off. Seems still good for something though.

Roylkin:
The cataclysm changed everything, your home is no longer accessible, in fact, you have no home anymore. Wandering the lands your travels bring you to a place called SalmonFall. This seems like a good of place as any to gather some supplies, restock yourself. You find yourself in the inn called, "The Lucky Lady", with a few other folk. Some have the look of town folk, but others, like they do not belong there. The tavern wench moves about, lighting oil lanterns to stave off the night.

Knodisendattenaul:
The cataclysm changed the lives of many, yours included, it presented you with a wonderful opportunity to record what will surely be the most promising history to date. The world changed? Gods angry with the mortals? Mortals left on their own? Surely stuff of legends! Though you may not see it that way as others do. Still a life quest IS a life quest. Your travels to record the goings'on of peoples lives, and how they adapt to this new changing world, brings you to the small village of SalmonFall. Their you find rest in a boring, everyday but at least clean inn called "The Lucky Lady". Surely a few people here you could find interesting enough to write about and someone who may actually talk to you about their reactions to the cataclysm. Only a few people look to belong to this village, a few others look to be travelers like yourself, just passing through like many other folk you have seen as of late.

OOC
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8762968#post8762968

zantes
2010-06-23, 10:36 PM
Marikoth sat at a table in the corner alone. He looks like a noble elf, being dressed in exquisite clothes, but his demeanor is anything but 'noble'. There are scars and bruises all over his face and hands as well. A dagger twirls around in his hand, occupying his time as he drinks his wine. As he finishes up his glass, he shouts over to the wench, "WENCH! Bring me some more elven wine, and leave the bottle this time." A strange juxtaposition to say the least, sitting there in the tavern.

Pieh
2010-06-23, 11:49 PM
Knodis sat quietly in a corner of 'The Lucky Lady' with a sketch pad propped up against his backpack. He was idly sketching the barroom scene. Not a very good piece, just something to pass the time; making mental notes on who he wanted to interview personally.

Then, noticing the dull, bored, green eyes of a passing barmaid, he immediately turned the page from his current sketch and went to work on her fascinating eyes. They were so lifeless and bland, like her work was a chain attached to her soul. Quickly, he sketched out her rounded, aging, face and small, captivating, eyes. He worked furiously to perfect the furrowed brow and tender crow's feet.

*Snap*

He broke his pencil with a final hard stroke above the iris, but the sketch was already done. Knodis called out to her. "Eh'maam, com'eer'en taak't'me. I needa'no'sumstuffboutstuff'yakno'themountain'istar 'howsit'fectin'yall?"

Translation:
Hey, Ma'am. Come here and talk to me. I need to know some stuff about stuff. You know? The mountain and Istar, how is it affecting you all?

Bowerbird
2010-06-24, 12:23 AM
"Ooh," Chickem smiles at his good fortune, pocketing the handy device. Big'uns chuck out the silliest stuff. He burrows his way through the trash to the bit where the silly bigjobs chuck out perfectly good food to see if they've chucked any good stuff out lately.

GakhanVal'istar
2010-06-24, 02:07 AM
Roylkin sits in a corner of the bar, watching as it fills for the evening with the regular patrons from the nearby farms. As he drinks what humans term "good elven wine" he watches the comings and goings of the short lived ones. Aside from listening to passing conversations the only thing of interest in the tavern is another elf, but Roylkin is hardly one to approach another. If the fellow wants to converse he will approach the ranger. Mostly thoughts of home and those lost fill the mind of the ranger as he finishes his drink and waits for the barmaid to come refill his glass.

Trodon
2010-06-24, 08:32 AM
William rides toward the town, eager to get a good mug of ale. When he gets into the town, he looks for an inn or a tavern.

Alth Falath
2010-06-24, 07:23 PM
Sighing into his ale, Tavi looks around. This room looks like it could use a cheerful song. And it'd be another free night. Oh well, at least he'd be helping others, and he still had some food. Finishing his meal, he stands and motions to the serving girl. "Lass, would ye be willing to clear me a place to sing. It would give me great pleasure, and has been known to help those in great need."

Ilena
2010-06-25, 04:13 PM
As William rides into town, he can't help but notice the buildings. Once proud clean structures have even now, already fallen into a state of disrepair. The people shuffle down the street, heads down, starting to look a little gaunt. A common story across the land, with all the changes, many people have just taken it into their heads to up and leave their farms. With so few farming there is not enough food to adequately feed everyone. There has even been rumors of the beginnings of famine farther north and definately in the south. There is even garbage littered around the streets as noone has a care to pick it up anymore. The people you pass barely give you a glancing look. Not something your used to as a knight, or even a squire. Before the cataclysm many people would openly call greetings to you but not now. You even think that a few you pass, when seeing your armor, glare in your direction. It could have been a trick of the light though.

You can't help but notice the towns only inn, "The Lucky Lady," sitting like a beacon of light. While still drab and run down looking, it has the prospect of a good rest for you and your horse. There appears to be a stable in the back as well.

Out front you notice a small grubby figure scrounging in garbage out front of the inn. You can't really tell for sure what he is but you figure just from common sense that it's a gully dwarf.

-----------------------------

Chicken Muck continues his browsing and manages to find half a chicken that looks like it spoiled before being tossed, with only a few maggots on it. You also manage to find some old broken bones from possibly a cow that looks pretty well picked clean of meat. Suddenly you hear a clip clop, clip clop, coming down the road and a big man in metal sitting ontop of a horse coming closer to you.

----------------------------

The poor tavern wench jumps at the elves call, it looks like she is breaking out a trance. She looks around as if seeing the people sitting for the first time before her eyes settle on the elf.

"Ya ya, arn't ye elves suppose to be long lived and patient? Can't ye see I'm busy here? You will get it when the lighting is done!" She snaps at him. The inn keeper, coming up from the root cellar with a keg over his shoulder, he looks at her with disapproval in his eyes but doesn't say anything. A big wide man with a flat nosed face, with large laugh wrinkles from probably happier times, though now he looks sad indeed. She quiets down and hearing the gnome, " I'm sorry sir gnome, I am very busy and have customers waiting," She sighs, "Perhaps later tonight."

As she lights the last lantern for the night, the last rays of fading sun dip below the building across the street, darkening the inns common room. The few lanterns shead enough light to eat by but it is not bright like things were just a year before. When the bard speaks up, she is just smoothing out her dress, a very modest dress.

Speaking up, her voice sounds tired "Ye would have to ask Jack good bard. It be his place after all."

At hearing his name spoken and hearing the question, speaks up for the first time, "It be alright bard, go ahead and play. Perhaps ye just might be able to bring some cheer back to our world, gods have spit on us and tossed us into the cold anyway. Them and those knights of theirs." He spits on the floor after mentioning the knights. One has to wonder if he believes the rumors that the Knights of Solamnia could have prevented the cataclysm. Continuing, "Though ye can move the tables urself. Missy has some tables to take care of."

She quickly skuttles to the bar as Jack pours some more elven wine for both elves. They of course have already paid their gold peice for the glass and a refill. "Here ye go sir, but no bottle for ye, unless ye have 5 Istar pieces for it." she says as the glass is placed infront of Marikoth, and grabbing the other she moves to Roylkin and places the second. "Here ye go sir, if you need anything else just ask."

zantes
2010-06-25, 04:21 PM
"Do I look like some sort of low-life here? Of course I have the money for it." Marikoth digs in his pouch for the money and slams it down on the table. "There, 5 istar pieces for you." Marikoth then takes the glass of wine and downs it in one shot. He then pours himself another glass with the bottle.

Trodon
2010-06-25, 06:11 PM
William rides to The Lucky Lady, steps down and ties up his horse. He turns to the gully dwarf "Hello I am William, do you need food?"

Alth Falath
2010-06-25, 07:35 PM
Tavi begans to clear a space by the fire, getting ready to perform. He looks around, judging his audience. Hmm, I suspect my tales of knightly valor might not be best here. Guess we should go with the tale of the farmer, he thinks. He clears his throat and begans to speak.
"Gather round good people, and here tell of Nar, the mighty farmer whose deeds would shift the world. The tale started simply enough, with Nar out on his field, plowing behind his old grey horse." He waits a bit, and tries to see how his audience is reacting.

[roll0] Perform
[roll1] Sense motive

Bowerbird
2010-06-25, 10:30 PM
The gully dwarf stops his rummaging and looks up at the shiny knight, "Huh? Well, I got this!" he says, brandishing the only slightly maggotty chicken, "an' you can't have it!" he says, clutching the chicken to himself protectively.

Trodon
2010-06-25, 10:32 PM
"No, no. I don't want it, I was wondering is you needed some food I will be happy to buy some for you." William chuckles a little. "May I know your name?"

Bowerbird
2010-06-25, 10:40 PM
"Huh? You? Buy me food?" the chicken disappears into a bag, "Well why didn' ya say so! Me name's Chicken Muck!" he says, puffing up with pride at his clever and proud name.

Trodon
2010-06-25, 10:43 PM
"It's nice to meet you Chicken Muck now, what do you want from this inn?" William holds a hand out to Chicken Muck.

Bowerbird
2010-06-25, 10:57 PM
Chicken Muck looks suspiciously at the knight's hand, "Er, dunno, never been an' bought nothin' from no shop b'fore.. what is there?"

Trodon
2010-06-25, 11:00 PM
They will probably have some cheeses, some chicken that isn't rotten, and some bread. Maybe other things but I'm not sure." After he says this he retracts his hand.

Bowerbird
2010-06-25, 11:17 PM
"Oh.. Well I s'pose I can give it a try, if yer offerin'" he says with what he thinks is an air of imperiousness, not that he knows what imperiousness is.

Trodon
2010-06-26, 08:37 AM
OOC: Sorry my internet failed, but were all good now.

"Alright, let's go." William walks in to The Lucky Lady and takes a seat at a table near the fireplace, and wait's for the waitress.

Bowerbird
2010-06-26, 12:31 PM
Muck follows behind the knight, keeping in his shadow while looking about the inn, his expression a mix of suspicion and wonder, "Huh.. it's nice in here... indoors..." he mutters to himself, crawling up onto a chair, keeping himself as low as possible so he's less visible to the other customers.

GakhanVal'istar
2010-06-27, 07:23 PM
Roylkin accepts the drink and slides the necessary coin to the barmaid. "Thank you miss". He smiles and turns, his face returning to the cold expression it held before. His eyes locked on the Silvanesti elf across the room who was making it quite apparent why the Silvanesti were so hated by his people. Always so rude. Seeming to own the world and expect everything rolled out just for his pleasure.

A smile breaks the cold facade as a bard clears an area to perform. Roylkin loves music and good stories and so he relaxes in his chair and listens to the man as he sings.

Trodon
2010-06-28, 08:17 AM
OOC: Sorry everyone, I was away from my computer all day yesterday and had to get some sleep when I finally got home.

When the waitress comes around William get's her attention. "Excuse me, miss? I would like to order two bowls of chicken stew, if that is possible." William sets down one Istar piece on the table.

Trodon
2010-07-10, 08:40 AM
OOC: Has this died? :frown: