PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a Game! (DS) (Request completed)

Eternal Drifter
2010-06-23, 10:56 PM
Right... My family is hosting two boys from the Ukraine this summer, and we got them two DSs. Now, the problem is, we only know of a few games they might like that require little english (they only speak a few words of english, not much, so I doubt they can read much of it). So, I would like advice of which games to get them to keep them entertained, requires little, if any, english reading ability, and keep them off my back so I can remain here!

So... suggestions?

mightymonarch
2010-06-23, 11:04 PM
I'd suggest platformers, like New Super Mario Bros. Racing games probably wouldn't be bad, either. Maybe try Scribblenauts to expand their knowledge of English words? I'd just stay away from RPG's, as those tend to be very dialogue intensive.

AlterForm
2010-06-23, 11:18 PM
No DS recommendation thread is complete without a mention for TWEWY, albeit entirely contrary to the requested "little English required."

Meteos is fun for a while.

I'm gonna go try and dig up the last DS recommendation thread.

[EDIT]: Alright, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154919)'s one, although it requests strategy and RPG games, which definitely doesn't fit "English light."

[EDIT]: ELITE BEAT AGENTS (Pure rhythm game; story is told pictorially)

Jokasti
2010-06-23, 11:29 PM
Picross has little if any words iirc.

Inhuman Bot
2010-06-23, 11:57 PM
Castlevania, any of the three available for the DS. (Ecclesia, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin.)

Also, Tetris. Tetris is awesome.

Knaight
2010-06-24, 12:23 AM
Any metroid game would work. They don't have any story worth paying attention to.

Inhuman Bot
2010-06-24, 12:48 AM
Any metroid game would work. They don't have any story worth paying attention to.

Yes they do.

Walk over here, and kill things! For money! and don't get paid! and... and.. :smalltongue:

SparkMandriller
2010-06-24, 01:02 AM

The DS Metroid sucks, and the GBA ones have been out of print for a looooooong time.

Knaight
2010-06-24, 01:10 AM
Out of print means nothing when you have the internetz! They are all over, and should be easy to find.

Oregano
2010-06-24, 07:46 AM
Mario Kart DS would work well, it's pretty obvious what to do there and very easy to get into- not to mention awesome!

Lord Seth
2010-06-24, 01:09 PM
Not a lot of English? Well that throws Ace Attorney and The World Ends With You out...

Contra 4 and Kirby Superstar Ultra come to mind as good choices, then, especially the former. (be warned, though: It's Contra, so expect it to be hard!)

Eternal Drifter
2010-06-24, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully this will get me some peace and quiet.