PDA

View Full Version : Speculation about the late Mrs. Tarquin

Zea mays
2010-06-24, 08:25 AM
I just had a far-fetched notion about the 'mysterious circumstances' that brought about her demise (I'm probably not the first to think this, but I have not seen anyone mention this, so I'll self-congratulate anyway).

Maybe Tarquin was being perfectly honest with Elan and Haley.
Could his latest spouse have been part black dragon?

DrGonzo
2010-06-24, 08:29 AM
You just made my brain hurt..

fwiffo
2010-06-24, 09:15 AM
No, no, no... She was a kobold who run afoul of a certain homicidal halfling.

SmaugTheYounger
2010-06-24, 10:40 AM
Right on spot. She was Mr. Tarquins ninth wife, it is possible that her death is a hint of the more fishy aspects of his character, but that's all there is. Speculation is nice, but sometimes you just have to wait until the story is told.

Skyserpent
2010-06-24, 11:13 AM
twas the vaporizing flu.

Closak
2010-06-24, 11:24 AM
My guess is that she was part black dragon.

And V's Familicide killed her.
The Mysterious circumstances is because no one has any flipping idea what the heck that beam of light was.

Now, V will have to die in retaliation, then die again, and again, again, in increasingly painful ways, once for every living creature that was killed by the familicide.
To bad he doesn't have enough levels for that, and that it would cost so much :smallyuk:

Zea mays
2010-06-24, 07:02 PM

Come now. Surely your mind is not quite so finely attuned and delicate? I haven't even mentioned the hypothesis about the Cliffport web-publishing agent and what it implies about the true nature of reality and the snarl. :smallbiggrin:

Crazy speculations are what time gaps between any published stories are made for.

Also, Closak, go a little easier on the nutmeg, ey?

Symmys
2010-06-24, 07:23 PM
*reads thread title*
Which one?

No. 9 having been part black dragon is not too far-fetched, although I do doubt it.

Luzahn
2010-06-24, 07:41 PM
Ergo, V is already dead...

Speculation!

silas the monk
2010-06-25, 05:24 PM
*reads thread title*
Which one?

No. 9 having been part black dragon is not too far-fetched, although I do doubt it.
Actually makes some sense. He is in a very lizard heavy culture. It could be quite mild like a minor bloodline and it might help Tarquin politically. Just the shere plot twistiness of it seems cool as well.

Just to clarify the impact of this theory is that:
1. (Elan's mum) was simply divorced
2-8 were murdered by Tarquin but covered up as mysterious circumstances.
9 Was killed by Varsuuvius. By this time Tarquin may even have a secret fear that his wife killing has become automatic, habitual and unconscious and so may not even make the connection if he ever learns of the death of other black dragons in mysterious circumstances..

krossbow
2010-06-25, 07:37 PM
Actually, tarquin is merely the most sought after bachelor in the kingdom; his stalkers keep kidnapping and murdering his wife so they can try and marry him; and so the cycle repeats.

BatRobin
2010-06-25, 08:07 PM
Ergo, V is already dead...

Speculation!

Actually, what you just said makes a lot of sense.

We assume Tarquin posted that Wanted poster, right? That's exactly why he didn't specify Elf type. He wanted V, not Zz'dtri.

The Vanishing Hitchhiker
2010-06-25, 08:28 PM
By this time Tarquin may even have a secret fear that his wife killing has become automatic, habitual and unconscious and so may not even make the connection if he ever learns of the death of other black dragons in mysterious circumstances..

But if the area does have enough lizard/dragons and such, maybe they have noticed the sudden mass death of those with black dragon lineage...

derfenrirwolv
2010-06-25, 09:22 PM
Now, V will have to die in retaliation, then die again, and again, again, in increasingly painful ways, once for every living creature that was killed by the familicide.
To bad he doesn't have enough levels for that, and that it would cost so much :smallyuk:

*pat pats* Its ok Closak, she's with her family now

Kolero
2010-06-25, 10:30 PM
Well, at least we don't have to worry about Elan having any half(dragon) brothers from the marriage, whether or not they ever existed.

The Vanishing Hitchhiker
2010-06-25, 10:35 PM
Well, at least we don't have to worry about Elan having any half(dragon) brothers from the marriage, whether or not they ever existed.

Aw, I bet Elan would've liked that.

Kolero
2010-06-25, 10:41 PM
Aw, I bet Elan would've liked that.

Oh I am sure he would, but then Nale would have to murder him anyway for stealing the evil brother stick. That is assuming that a half black dragon would be evil of course.