PDA

View Full Version : If they were in SRW (stats)

Prime32
2010-06-24, 09:51 AM
I've done a little work on a Super Robot Wars fangame in Game Maker. While I'll probably never finish it, it's interesting to think about how characters might be adapted to the mechanics of another system (I have about half a dozen threads (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5935.0) for converting characters from various shows to D&D 3.5 :smalltongue:).

The two series at the top of my list for inclusion would be Nanoha and Negima. Touhou would be cool too, even though my knowledge is limited (and there's already Super Touhou Wars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqA4WXg0h6s)). After that, probably Slayers and some Shonen Jump series.

So, if some of these characters appeared in an SRW-like game, what would their attacks, Spirits, etc. be? Assume that things are scaled down so that Medium characters are the size of adult humans, not Gundams.

Prime32
2010-06-24, 10:06 AM
For example:

Negima

Negi Springfield
Starts off as a weak Real type, but gets numerous upgrades until becoming one of the strongest playable characters
Spirits: Bless, Zeal, Gain, Dream, Valor, Courage
Later attacks resemble those of Folka Albark, one attack resembles the most powerful attack of the Eliphas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHvA-igcx8I&fmt=18#t=1m58s).

Asuna Kagurazaka
Super type
Only one or two fairly short-range attacks, but with good power
"M. Cancel" skill negates all magic-based attacks below a certain power and deals extra damage to demons, increases with level.
Off. Support
Spirits: Vigor, Fury, Valor, Spirit, ?, ?

Setsuna Sakurazaki
Real type
Receives flight after an early upgrade
Many attacks, some of which (like her Pactio) can hit from long range. Gains a combination attack with Konoka (http://img-a.onemanga.com/mangas/00000020/000289102/13.jpg) late in.
Def. Support
Spirits: Mercy, ?, ?, ?, ?, Fury
When attacking, will occasionally say: "Setsuna Sakurazaki, exterminating the target." Some attacks resemble those of Dygenguard.

Konoka Konoe
Dedicated support (no attacks, save a combination attack with Setsuna)
Repair + Replen
Spirits: Trust, Renew, Rouse, Prayer, Faith, Revival

Yue Ayase
Non-combatant for most of the game, becomes a Real
Attacks have low power but very high crit
Spirits: Scan, Strike, Fury, Daunt, Luck, Gain

Nodoka Miyazaki
Real type
Weak attacks but high dodge
Skills: Scan, Alert, Strike, Attune, Focus, Daunt

Nanoha

Nanoha characters have an "Active Guard" skill which negates attacks below a certain power. Many also have an ability called "Cartridge System" which reduces EN and SP costs at 130 Will.

Nanoha Takamachi
Super type
Similar attacks to Gundam X
Spirits (Nanoha): Strike, Rouse, Drive, Valor, Love, Sacrifice
Spirits (Raising Heart): Scan, Guard, Alert, Search, Vigor, Trust

Fate Testarossa
Real type
Similar attacks to Nanoha, but lower accuracy and higher crit
Can use the "Form" command to enter Sonic Form/Sonic Drive, which has better speed but worse defences. Sonic Drive also trades the attacks for a shorter list of close-range ones.
Hit-and-Away
Spirits (Fate): Passion Accel, Alert, Focus, Belief, Spirit, ?
Spirits (Bardiche): Scan, Guard, Alert, Accel, Assail, Vigor

Hayate Yagami
Super type, low defences
Has few or no post-movement attacks, and large MAP attacks which can damage allies. Most attacks consume huge amounts of energy, and her SP pool isn't too large either.
Spirits: Accel, Snipe, Belief, Prayer, Devotion, Trust
Diabolic Emission animation resembles Black Hole Cluster.

G-Falcon Reinforce Zwei
Can use the "Combine Unison" command to merge with another Nanoha character.
Spirits: Strike, Focus, Cheer, Trust, Coercion, Sense
When Unisoned with Fate or Teana, their colour schemes change to resemble Teletha Testarossa and Noel Vermillion respectively

Subaru Nakajima
Super type
Ground S/Air C
"Wingroad" ability grants adjacent allies a C-rank in Air if they did not have a higher one.
Spirits: Accel, Guts, Fury, Valor, Zeal, Courage

Teana Lanster
Real type
MirrorImage at 130 Will
Spirits: Strike, Snipe, Invisible, Continuous Attack, ?, ?

Nerd-o-rama
2010-06-24, 12:39 PM
I was wondering why you specified Rein could gattai with anyone and not just the Yagami family, but then I read the last part. A+.

More Nanoha - the Wolkenritter
BTW, the Wolkenritter would be Tekkaman-tier annoying as midbosses in a regular SRW game. Tiny, tanky, HP Regen, and always force-dueling their rivals instead of fighting normally. It's less bothersome in your proposed human-scale game, though, because they won't have size bonuses to dodge except Vita.

For now, I'm leaving out Spirits for people who have Armed Devices instead of Intelligent ones. Yeah that makes them less powerful, but Nanoha, Fate, and Subaru are the only ones who should be broken-tier anyway.

Signum
Super type
Attacks based somewhat on Angelg, but obviously has more sword moves
Spirits: Strike, Alert, Valor, Assail, Rouse, that Seishin that makes everything a crit for a round
In games with Berserk, nicknames Guts "Chief"
Frequently confused with a generic Magic Knight in games with Disgaea

G-Defenser Agito
Combiner, like Reinforce Zwei. While combining with Rein mainly boosts accuracy and evade, Agito boosts damage.
Spirits: Accel, Scan, Gain, Guard, Luck, Soul
Frequently causes people to flee in terror in games with Disgaea

Vita
Super type
Spirits: Guard Iron Wall, Guts, Valor, Strike, Invincible, Drive
Has a combo attack with Subaru that emulates Goldion Crusher
When Unisoned with Agito, her hat gets a horn for no really apparent reason

Shamal
Support type - has Repair and Replen abilities
Spirits: Trust, Strike, Bless, Alert, Faith, Rouse

Who the hell is Zafira
Super type
Spirits: Guard, Invincible, Aid, Strike, Valor, Alert
Best Defense and highest Support Def. of any Nanoha character save maybe Yuuno
Seriously, nobody's going to use this guy in a game without Squad Systems, or at least a four-Wolkenritter combo attack.

Terraoblivion
2010-06-24, 12:52 PM
Why should Subaru be more broken tier than Signum? Nothing in StrikerS, ViviD or Force suggests that even [spoilers that everybody knows anyway] makes her that overpowered. If anything it just ensures that she is up to par with the rest of MS6.

And while they are both samurai themed i'm not quite sure that i see any other similarity between Setsuna and Dygengar. It's not like she is into the philosophy of just using a larger sword if the first one doesn't work.

I need some time to think of any myself, but i'll probably be going for Kaede. She definitely has bunshin, i mean she literally uses just that technique.

Prime32
2010-06-24, 01:19 PM
I was wondering why you specified Rein could gattai with anyone and not just the Yagami family, but then I read the last part. A+.Note that Tessa has the same VA as Rein. I would have had another character's colour scheme change to match C.C. or Sakuya Nambu, but I'm not sure who would be appropriate.

For now, I'm leaving out Spirits for people who have Armed Devices instead of Intelligent ones. Yeah that makes them less powerful, but Nanoha, Fate, and Subaru are the only ones who should be broken-tier anyway.I was going to do the same thing if no-one did them first.

Who the hell is Zafira
Super type
Spirits: Guard, Invincible, Aid, Strike, Valor, Alert
Best Defense and highest Support Def. of any Nanoha character save maybe Yuuno
Seriously, nobody's going to use this guy in a game without Squad Systems, or at least a four-Wolkenritter combo attack.Zafira has shown a combo attack with Shamal, and also...

Can't let you do that, Starfox Defense Program!
Off. Support+ at a high level should make him pretty annoying when he has backup, and stops him from stealing Yuuno's schtick.

Nerd-o-rama
2010-06-24, 01:26 PM
Why should Subaru be more broken tier than Signum? Nothing in StrikerS, ViviD or Force suggests that even [spoilers that everybody knows anyway] makes her that overpowered. If anything it just ensures that she is up to par with the rest of MS6.

Main character. They're always more powerful by a decent margin in SRW, even when, as in Subaru's case in StrikerS, she shares that role with someone else.

Then again, Tekkaman Blade II's Hiver (ee-Ver, it's French) did a similar thing, sharing the main character spot with Blade, and she...kinda sucks outside of combo attack fodder in SRW W. Maybe it's because no one liked/watched Tekkaman Blade II.

Cubey
2010-06-24, 01:34 PM
Then again, Tekkaman Blade II's Hiver (ee-Ver, it's French) did a similar thing, sharing the main character spot with Blade, and she...kinda sucks outside of combo attack fodder in SRW W. Maybe it's because no one liked/watched Tekkaman Blade II.

She has the strongest Voltekka though. I wouldn't call that "sucks".

Anyway, I am probably going to post Persona 4 or 3 here. If someone else wants to, feel free to do it first though.

Nerd-o-rama
2010-06-24, 01:40 PM
She has the strongest Voltekka though. I wouldn't call that "sucks".

Anyway, I am probably going to post Persona 4 or 3 here. If someone else wants to, feel free to do it first though.

I.

May.

Get her continually mixed up with Aki for no readily apparent reason.

Prime32
2010-06-24, 01:41 PM
And while they are both samurai themed i'm not quite sure that i see any other similarity between Setsuna and Dygengar. It's not like she is into the philosophy of just using a larger sword if the first one doesn't work.Actually, after her second Pactio... (http://img-a.onemanga.com/mangas/00000020/000289102/13.jpg)

(Did the Sanger reference completely overshadow the Gundam 00 reference? Huh. I didn't mean to give her all his attacks - some of them would go to Fate)

Side-note: Combination attacks in Nanoha (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6mlQqmbyg8)

Thunder Fall (Fate + Arf)
Blast Calamity (Nanoha + Fate)
Triple Breaker (Nanoha + Fate + Hayate)
Boosted Illusion (Teana + Caro)
Steel Yoke (Zafira + Shamal)
Dividing Strike Driver (Subaru + Erio)
Sealing Shoot (Teana + Caro)

Terraoblivion
2010-06-24, 02:35 PM
No, it didn't, but it would be a much smaller joke than having her copy Dygengar. In any case i imagine that Setsuna would have something similar to the GEIM system or SEED mode to represent when she lets out her [redacted for well-known spoiler]. That should change how she fights after all, but is hardly her default mode. And i still don't quite see the similarities between a fast, graceful warrior like Setsuna and an overpowering super robot like Dygengar. The images just clash too much. She is ultimately about speed and skill, while Dygengar is about power and hot blood.

Also Tea and Subaru deserves to have a combination attack too. Really they are probably the two i would most expect to have it among all Nanoha characters.

Prime32
2010-06-24, 02:39 PM
No, it didn't, but it would be a much smaller joke than having her copy Dygengar. In any case i imagine that Setsuna would have something similar to the GEIM system or SEED mode to represent when she lets out her [redacted for well-known spoiler]. That should change how she fights after all, but is hardly her default mode.That would probably make more sense as a permanent upgrade than a Super Mode.

And i still don't quite see the similarities between a fast, graceful warrior like Setsuna and an overpowering super robot like Dygengar. The images just clash too much. She is ultimately about speed and skill, while Dygengar is about power and hot blood.Point. The "WARE TATENU MONO NASHI" would come in mainly in that combination attack.

Also Tea and Subaru deserves to have a combination attack too. Really they are probably the two i would most expect to have it among all Nanoha characters.I was thinking Rampage Ghost 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8XKN-onmrc).

Oh, and if Bleach characters are included... Urahara, Byakuya and Yoruichi should totally have a combination attack called "K Formation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYiO-vSIFmA&hd=1)".

tonberrian
2010-06-24, 02:52 PM
None of the series you listed, but...

Nippon Ichi - Disgaea 1Laharl
Super type
Good midrange and close range attacks with ridiculous animations (actually, this goes for any Nippon Ichi character, so I won't bother listing it unless that particular character is ridiculous even by these standards *coughAxelcoughGordoncough*), though only the short range ones are post-movement.
Spirits: Focus, Valor, Strike, Alert, Accelerate, Zeal
Has a deliberately bland combination attack with Etna and Flonne, and a really awesome one with Etna, Flonne, Kurtis, Gordon, Thursday, and Jennifer
Theme: Lord Laharl's Hymm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCAdtd3Eknc)
Can recieve Magichange (see below)
Loses stats near the buxom ladies (Jennifer, LamiaSignum, some of Class 3-B's older looking girls, etc.), though Jennifer's relationship bonus cancels it out for her.

Etna
Real Type
Mostly midrange attacks (the poor Prinnys!)
Spirits: Strike, Focus, Luck, Valor, Alert, Assail
Theme: Etna Boogie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A-jguQH9Ao)
Can receive Magichange

Flonne
Real Type
Long range attacks
Spirits: Trust, Focus, Prayer, Faith, Hope, Love
Can receive Magichange

Captain Gordon, DEFENDER OF EARTH!
HAM TYPE! (Super)
Mix of post-movement short range attacks and non-post long range ones!
Lots of shouting!
Spirits: GUARD!, STRIKE!, VALOR!, GUTS!, DRIVE!, COURAGE!!!
Combination attack with Thursday and Jennifer, upgraded version with those two and Kurtis, and a final one with all the main characters of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness!
Can receive Magichange!

Jennifer
Real type
Post movement short- and mid-range attacks
Spirits: Focus, Valor, Bless, Alert, Attune, Enable
Can receive Magichange

Thursday
Super type
Powerful close range attacks, but that's it.
Spirits: Scan, Guard, Cheer, Strike, Snipe, Fury
Can be Magichanged into a bazooka for long-range bombardment

Kurtis (Prinny version)
Real type.
Close- and mid-range attacks
Spirits: Accelerate, Snipe, Strike, Alert, Soul, Courage
Can be Magichanged into a handgun for long- and mid-range assaults
Theme: My Comrade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ArgROgHxiQ)

Magichange: Certain Nippon Ichi characters (corresponding to "monster types" in the Disgaea games [except for Captain Gordon, DEFENDER OF EARTH!! because he's a humanoid in all but name]) are able to be transformed into weapons for the other characters to use, granting them their Spirit Commands and two attacks unique to the Magichanged character (the one that becomes a weapon). These attacks are more powerful, but Magichanging is not permanent - after a number of turns (usually 2, but there is a Magichange turn increasing skill available) the Magichange dissipates without returning the Magichanged character to the field. Magichange also cannot be terminated early or overridden. However, there is a "Magichange 2" skill which allows a Magichangeable character to Magichange onto a unit already wielding a Magichange weapon, granting access to the third units basic attacks (not their magichange-only ones) and spirit list. Magichange 2 terminates with the overlying Magichange.

More coming soon!

Terraoblivion
2010-06-24, 03:02 PM
That would probably make more sense as a permanent upgrade than a Super Mode.

Given how she generally only uses [redacted] when it is really important, i think that a super mode covers it quite well. It is not like she used it even when fighting Tsukuyomi in Ostia, though she definitely needed any mobility boost she could get there. If i remember correctly it was only put into use in Kyoto and at the end of the festival. Otherwise she hasn't relied much on it other than to provide fanservice in the waterfall.

Edit: And i actually had an idea for stats for someone, so here goes.

Touhou
Reisen Undongein Inaba:
Long range real type, using a variety of guns or possibly just emulates the shape of one with her fingers. Most likely both. Has bunshin making her even harder to hit, coming from her Evil Eye that induces madness, something her spirits also reflect.
Spirits: Alert, Strike, Confusion, Fury, Exhaust, Soul
Acts very carefully and submissively around all doctors in the game, no matter who

Hong Meiling:
Short range, tanky super. She uses kung-fu moves, with a seeming focus on kicks. Some of her stronger moves might well invoke dragon motifs. She also has a combo attack with Sakuya, expect lots of bickering ala Rampage Ghost.
Spirits: Guts, Guard, Invincible, Valor, Drive, Strike

Izayoi Sakuya:
Medium range real. With skill at stopping time as well as an entirely unhealthy fascination with knives, cutting and throwing them is naturally to be expected. Also has bunshin thanks to being able to halt time and get out of the way. Shares a combo attack with Meiling and likely one with Remilia as well...Even if Remi totally doesn't deserve it.
Spirits: Focus, Accelerate, Sense, Fury, Zeal, Soul
Naturally begins ordering any and all maid characters around

Nerd-o-rama
2010-06-24, 03:19 PM
I don't know what Setsuna's thing is, but from descriptions it sounds like a 130 Will Super Mode.

Prime32
2010-06-24, 03:20 PM
Given how she generally only uses [redacted] when it is really important, i think that a super mode covers it quite well. It is not like she used it even when fighting Tsukuyomi in Ostia, though she definitely needed any mobility boost she could get there. If i remember correctly it was only put into use in Kyoto and at the end of the festival. Otherwise she hasn't relied much on it other than to provide fanservice in the waterfall.That can be fudged, since a mechanic to turn it on and off would be awkward, and characters are expected to receive upgrades. SRW has precedent with things like Turn-A Gundam keeping its Gundam Hammer instead of it crumbling after one episode.

Terraoblivion
2010-06-24, 03:23 PM
But not having it on constantly is kind of a big part of her characterization. You know the whole shame, guilt and fear of rejection over it thing that is why she distanced herself from Konoka. Also it is kinda impractical in quite a few situations.

Edit: Added two more characters

tonberrian
2010-06-24, 03:56 PM
Nippon Ichi - Phantom BraveMarona
Real type
Has a "Frame"-type system - Marona has a handful of different weapons she can equip (from the intermission screen) that grant her a number of different attacks, though they generally tend toward mid-range and added effects. More powerful weapons are available further in the game.
Spirits: Trust, Focus, Bless, Faith, Enable, Dream
Can receive Magichange, though it interacts oddly - Marona loses the benefits of her currently equipped weapon and gains unique attacks in addition to the Magichange attacks.

Ash
Real type
Has a "Frame"-type system - Ash has a handful of different weapons he can equip (from the intermission screen) that grant him a number of different attacks, though they generally tend toward powerful short-range. More powerful weapons are available further in the game.
Spirits: Focus, Accelerate, Strike, Alert, Valor, Zeal
Can receive Magichange, though it interacts oddly - Ash loses the benefits of his currently equipped weapon and gains unique attacks in addition to the Magichange attacks (different from Marona's)

Walnut
Super type
Weak Short range attacks until he breaks 130 Will, at which point all hell breaks loose ("Fire of battle, reveal my heart! PSYCHO BURGUNDY!!"). Psycho Burgundy (the attack) is a powerful mid-range attack.
Has a unique skill - Burgundy - which drastically enhances his battle performance at high-Will in exchange for degenerating health.
Spirits: Guard, Strike, Luck, Drive, Soul, Zeal
Theme: R&R Junkie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2DST5SA6Go)

Raphael the Invincible
Real type
Lots of short- to mid-range sword-based attacks using his signature blade, a thin slashing sword. The most powerful of his attacks is the Heliotrope Blade - lots of spinning and slashing.
Spirits: Focus, Alert, Fury, Strike, Soul, Drive
Theme: Strange Wind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK7nikSkZfI)

Sprout
Super type
Short- and mid-range attacks using both his sword (a black-stained broadsword as long as he is tall) and his darkness as weapons. His signature attack - Dark Eboreous - absorbs energy from opponents.
Very powerful, but only available on New Game+ - he's usually an NPC or more rarely your opponent.
Spirits: Resolve, Guard, Daunt, Strike, Valor, Drive

Edit: Now with more rivals!

Nerd-o-rama
2010-06-24, 04:07 PM
But not having it on constantly is kind of a big part of her characterization. You know the whole shame, guilt and fear of rejection over it thing that is why she distanced herself from Konoka. Also it is kinda impractical in quite a few situations.

Edit: Added two more characters

Have it be a 130 Will thing that's turned off by PLOT for large chunks of the game, like Arbalest's Lambda Driver in W, maybe?

Terraoblivion
2010-06-24, 04:19 PM
I would have it as a 130 Will thing that is turned off until the climax of the Kyoto arc, after which it activates at 130 Will in any map. It is Prime i'm disagreeing with.

Oslecamo
2010-06-24, 04:28 PM
I swear that if Prime32 doesn't get this project done I will. When I have proper free time. And finish my LP wich. Aka eventually.

Card Captor Sakura

Sakura Kinomoto
Real type, mirror image, has more attacks that you can shake a magic staff at (each one based on a card) and every time she fights she has a diferent dress. Most attacks don't deal that much damage but has several stat pairing effects. Ultimate attack at 150 will unleashes a super combo with the strongest cards.

Spirits: alert, focus, rouse, mercy, valor, love.

Syaoran Li
Super Robot, powerfull close combat attacks with sword, attacks at distance with lighting. Combo attack with Sakura a la Twin Bird strike with they supporting each other.
Spirits: Sense, focus, valor, scan, guard, love.

Mei Ling
Super robot, close combat only with kung fu, underpowered character but gets a powerfull combo attack with Syaoran.
Spirits: Focus, valor, strike, faith, cheer, accel.

Kero (Kereberos)
Starts as weak(but agile) repair unit, but eventualy becomes able to turn into a super robot with powerfull area attacks.
Spirits:strike, alert, accel, guard, gain, valor

Yukito (Yue)
Starts as weak(but durable) ressupply unit, but eventualy becomes able to turn into a real robot with great range and powerfull area attacks.
Spirits: cheer, bless, sense, focus, valor, snipe.

Pretty much all of the above characters get support skill definetely.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

Clone Syaoran:
Super robot, very similar to Syaoran but with a firey sword and able to summon a firey wolf familiar. Mid game gains upgrade to be able to use magic attacks. Will be an enemy for some stages but eventually joins the main team again.
Spirits: sense, focus, valor, accel, guts, spirit

Clone Sakura:
Real robot, starts as support character with repair and ressupply and not much on the way of offensive, but eventually becomes able to use guns and after that powerfull magic attacks. Late game powerfull combo reality-breaking magic based attack with Clone Syaoran.
Spirits: focus, alert, rouse, cheer, enable, mercy

Alternate Syaoran(Tsubasa):
Super robot, very similar to Syaoran Li but with stronger magic attacks and no support skill.
Spirits: sense, guard, gain, spirit, valor, love.

Alternate Sakura(Tsubasa):
Real robot, priestess repair/ressuply style character with really weak offensive but great SP enanchment natural skills and dirty cheap spirits.
Spirits:faith, cheer, bless, enable, hope, rouse

Yes that's 3 Sakuras and 3 Syaorans total. That's Tsubasa's twisted time-hoping plot for you. At least explaining how they join the main team is quite easy as they're always jumping around planes.

Poison_Fish
2010-06-24, 04:33 PM
I'm going to insist that Fate is closer to cybuster (Dodges like a real, is still a super). As we all know, Fate is Sanger Zonvolts daughter.

Cubey
2010-06-24, 04:37 PM
Here's my contribution. Work in progress, I'll finish with the whole cast if I have enough time/patience to do so.

Guilty Gear:
Sol Badguy
http://www.guiltygearx2reload.com/images/char/selb00.gif
Battle theme: Keep Yourself Alive 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cABwx29L3ps&feature=related)
Spirits: Invincible, Strike, Fighting Spirit, Hot Blood, Drive, Zeal (infinite loop!)
Type: Borderline Super. Not terrible at dodging, not very good either, moderately tanky. Think Shining Gundam. Powerful short-ranged attacks, but heavy on EN consumption. Excellent hissatsu with very steep will requirements.

Ky Kiske
http://www.guiltygearx2reload.com/images/char/selb01.gif
Battle theme: Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGetImTgyFA&feature=related)
Spirits: Focus, Strike, Alert, Direct Hit, Mercy, Soul
Type: Real-type. Pretty bad defense but good dodging. A good collection of both short and long ranged attacks that favor low requirements/Energy or ammo consumption over pure damage.

May
http://www.guiltygearx2reload.com/images/char/selb02.gif
Battle theme: Blue Water Blue Sky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhpisRcYuZw&feature=related)
Spirits: Guard, Invincible, Accel, Trust, Hot Blood, Love
Type: Very, very tanky but can't dodge at all. Short ranged but powerful attacks. Comes with a map/ALL attack (that damned whale). Group attack with Johnny.

Bridget
http://www.guiltygearx2reload.com/images/char/selb19.gif
Battle theme: A Simple Life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklYElgOyN4&feature=related)
Spirits: Focus, Alert, Luck, Disturb, Luck (maybe Gain but hey - bounty hunter equals money), Soul
Type: Very Real-like. Great at dodging, can't take hits at all. Ammo/EN efficient attacks with good range, EN-heavy hissatsu with moderate will requirements.

tonberrian
2010-06-24, 05:09 PM
Man, you know what'd be useful? A grand list of Spirit Commands and what they do.

Prime32
2010-06-24, 05:12 PM
Man, you know what'd be useful? A grand list of Spirit Commands and what they do.There's this (http://superrobotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skill), though not all the translations match the Atlus ones.

Cubey
2010-06-24, 05:38 PM
There's this (http://superrobotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skill), though not all the translations match the Atlus ones.

My comments to several spirit skills. Warning, very nerdy and mostly unnecessary.
Battle Cry - in modern games it's mostly used in squad-based titles, because it works on all units in the squad. So it is a support pilot ability.
Fierce Fight, Sacrifice, Invisible, Substitute, Great Rouse, Revival, Coercion, Explosion, Taunt, Dream, Raid, Rage, Search - rarely used in modern titles. I guess they got removed because they were too powerful or other seishin did the job better (Explosion -> Self-Destruct for example).
Belief, Prayer - crappy abilities in general. I think only OG2 had them anyway.
Devotion, Hope - these are pretty much interchangeable. They had different SP costs and each game had only one of these two.
Self-Destruct - fun for the whole family!
Fury - this is called Direct Hit/Direct Attack, dammit! The name "fury" totally does not convey the meaning behind this ability!
Synchronise - obviously useless in games not using a squad system.

The list also doesn't have an ability "Wish" - casts Luck, Gain, Faith, Renew (I think) and +10 will on a squad/unit of your choosing.

Prime32
2010-06-24, 06:10 PM
Fury - this is called Direct Hit/Direct Attack, dammit! The name "fury" totally does not convey the meaning behind this ability!I HAVE FURY! I believe someone suggested "Breach" as an alternate translation.

The list also doesn't have an ability "Wish" - casts Luck, Gain, Faith, Renew (I think) and +10 will on a squad/unit of your choosing.Conveniently, the list is on a wiki. :smallamused: The whole place is kind of a mess, but I think I've seen some GitP guys in the activity logs.

SAMAS
2010-06-24, 10:34 PM
Main character. They're always more powerful by a decent margin in SRW, even when, as in Subaru's case in StrikerS, she shares that role with someone else.

Then again, Tekkaman Blade II's Hiver (ee-Ver, it's French) did a similar thing, sharing the main character spot with Blade, and she...kinda sucks outside of combo attack fodder in SRW W. Maybe it's because no one liked/watched Tekkaman Blade II. Are you kidding? I usually used her to finish off Bosses and their minions for a big chunk of change (Once, I managed to get the last boss and all four of his boys once). Love + Friendly Fireproof MAP attack is gold. I don't think I've ever had to actually choose whether to kill Evil or Lothor on that one mission, since I would just lure them both into Yumi's range...

I'd add some here, but I've already done a few for Super Natural Taisen's (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/SupernaturalTaisen) thread on SD.net. Mostly I've got SG-1, Nanoha and Fate, a couple Negima Characters, and the cast of Ultraman Mebius.

tonberrian
2010-06-26, 01:10 AM
Nippon Ichi - Disgaea 2Adell
Super type
Focused on short range to midrange. Lots of punches, kicks, and fire, because that's just his style.
Spirits: Focus, Accelerate, Alert, Soul, Strike, Drive
Can recieve Magichange

Rozalin
Spoiled Princess type (Real)
Long distance sniping with a mid-range chaingun attack for good measure
Spirits: Alert, Focus, Bless, Valor, Attune, Love
Can recieve Magichange

Tink
Real type
Balance of mid- to long-range attacks focusing on efficiency over raw power, except for his suicide attack.
Spirits: Focus, Accelerate, Stike, Gain, Alert, Valor
Can be Magichanged into a spear for midrange battles

Hanako
Real type
Mid-range attacks with side effects all coming from her pot
Spirits: Trust, Focus, Cheer, Rouse, Strike, Renew
Can be Magichanged into a pot-shaped handgun for unusual mid-range attacks

Taro
Crybaby type (Super)
Wild-swing close range attacks.
Spirits: Mercy, Guard, Bless, Strike, Guts, Enable
Can Magichange into an Axe for smashing things up close

Yukimaru
Real type with Double-Image
Ice-based ninja powers allow for attacks at all ranges
Spirits: Focus, Strike, Valor, Alert, Fury Direct Attack, Zeal
Can recieve Magichange

Prism Red
Hopeless type
Super Sentai attacks fail to do significant damage at all ranges
Spirits: Mercy, Gain, Luck, Fury Direct Attack, Courage, Zeal
Can be Magichanged into a sword for truly spectacular Super Sentai-style attacks

Axel
Dark Hero type (Real)
Close and mid range attacks that escalate from single punches to epic scenes that abuse film-editting and rockstar tropes. For example, one attack is a series of takes on a punch that builds up damage as time goes on, whereas another is damage caused by the special effects of a rock concert where Axel plays Let's Dance At The Last Battle! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2wGznSHMU&fmt=18) which overrides the current music.
Spirits: Focus, Accelerate, Strike, Valor, Alert, Assail
Theme: White Tiger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJDlD8yY-Us&fmt=18)/Let's Dance At The Last Battle! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2wGznSHMU&fmt=18)
Can recieve Magichange

Nerd-o-rama
2010-06-27, 03:36 PM
That reminds me.

There needs to be a Dark Hero Axel vs. Dark Knight Axel battle at some point.

Rogue 7
2010-06-27, 08:44 PM
Signum

Frequently confused with a generic Magic Knight in games with Disgaea

Man, how'd you know what I named my Magic Knight?

Hunter Noventa
2010-06-27, 11:06 PM
Oooh boy let me try...

Xenogears Characters

Fei Fong Wong
Real Melee Type
Gains 'Contact' ability late in story line. Raises all stats at 130+ Will
Spirits: Focus, Guard, Spirit, Valor, Vigor, Love

Elhaym Van Houten
Real Ranged Type
Gains 'Anti-type' ability late in story line. Raises all stats at 130+ Will
Spirits: Alert, Mercy, Fury, Bonds, Hope, Snipe

Citan Uzuki
Real Melee Type
Spirits: Attune, Sense, Valor, Fighting Spirit, Drive

Bart Fatima
Real Melee Type
Spirits: Focus, Daunt, Disturbance, Guts, Bless, Soul

Ricardo Banderas
Super Melee Type
Spirits: Strike, Fury, Zeal, Valor, Invincible, Belief

Billy Lee Black
Real Ranged Type
Spirits: Strike, Alert, Valor, Scan, Belief, Trust

Maria Balthazar
Super Type
Spirits: Invincible, Fury, Soul, Guts, Focus, Mercy

Emeralda
Real Type
Spirits: Focus, Dream, Raid, Enable, Renew, Invisible

Nerd-o-rama
2010-06-28, 01:08 AM
Man, how'd you know what I named my Magic Knight?

What else do you call a woman with serious chivalry, a glowy magic sword, and the biggest boobs in the setting?

Rogue 7
2010-06-28, 06:57 AM
What else do you call a woman with serious chivalry, a glowy magic sword, and the biggest boobs in the setting?

Saber? Oh, wait, boobs. Never mind.

Prime32
2010-06-28, 07:39 AM
BlazBlue
Most BB characters have a unique ability which activates at 130 Will. Their Astral Heat attack can be used at 140 Will (and has a Dynamic Kill animation), while Distortion Drives require 110 or 120 Will.

Ragna the Bloodedge
Real type (High power, low defences, above average dodge)
130 Will - Blood Kain (gain increased damage and HP Regen, defence drops)
Spirits: ?, ?, Valor, ?, ?, ?

Jin Kisaragi
Real type
130 Will -
Spirits: Alert, Focus, Strike, ?, ?, ?
Shares some odd dialogue with Signum, Vita and Erio.

Noel Vermillion
Real type
130 Will -
Spirits: ?, ?, Zeal, ?, ?, ?

Hi-Nu Gundam Cinque Nu-13
Real type
130 Will -
Spirits: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

Bang Shishigami
Real type
130 Will - Bang Install Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan (increase accuracy and evade, override other characters' theme music with TROMB- BANG, BANG BANG BANG! BURNING DAMASHI!)
Spirits: Accel, Spirit, Valor, Guts, Drive, Courage

Hakumen
Super type
Revenge, Counter, plus that skill which gradually increases your Will for the first few rounds.
Extra damage vs demons and evil creatures
Will gains from failing to dodge only
130 Will - Zanshin (when attacked, choosing Defend or Counter will apply the benefits of both)
Spirits: Alert, Focus, Strike, Spirit, ?, ?

Iron Tager
Super type
130 Will -
Slow movement but surprisingly long melee range.
Spirits: Alert, Guard, ?, ?, ?, ?
Just... just watch these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdUkgKGs4k#t=8m47s) videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avmJN2sPoOI). I don't think there's much more I can add.
EDIT: Well, apart from him having Big O's arms, a non-canon Rocket Punch, an attack called "Genesic Emerald Tager Buster" and all the required abilities to pull off Jeeg Breaker...

Rachel Alucard
Super type
130 Will -
Spirits: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
Has odd dialogue with Hayate Yagami.

hanzo66
2010-06-28, 08:43 AM
Wow. If only I had a better understanding of SRW Gameplay mechanics, I'd be willing to make a contribution.

That said, I'll take it someone would eventually try statting Megas XLR (which has a tendency to come up in conversations of SRW). And since we're including humanoids... I recently learned that Ezio of Assassin's Creed was voiced by Tomozaku Seki...

tonberrian
2010-06-28, 08:53 AM

*checks PSP*

Uh, Rebecca, I guess.

I did joke at one time about a Majin named Z with two Kurtis-bots named Pilder and Scrander for Magichanging purposes, though.

Nerd-o-rama
2010-07-02, 05:22 PM
Persona 3

Any 4 Persona characters can use a generic but very powerful Combo Attack. They also have Friendship/Love levels with each other that increase as the plot progresses.

Brotagonist Minato Arisato
Real type with a stupidly huge number of attacks
Spirits: Focus, Guts, Spirit, Zeal, Love, Sacrifice
Skills: Leadership, Countercut, Wild Card (no idea what this would do)
In games with mechs, hangs out in the same crowd as Simon and Shinji, and in games with mechs and Zelda, they all hang out with MM!Link
Armageddon is a secret unlockable attack that makes him even more broken.

Junpei Iori
Super Type
Spirits: Strike, Guard, Valor, Invincible, Guts, Love
Gains natural HP Regen (M), making him a beast of a tank

Yukari Takeba
Real/Support type
Spirits: Strike, Trust, Alert, Friendship, Snipe, Hope

Akihiko Sanada
Super Type
Spirits: Strike, Valor, Invincible, Fury, he's boring so I can't remember more

Mitsuru Kirijo
Real Type
Scan, Sense, Trust, Zeal, Rouse, Soul
Skills: Leadership

Fuuka Yamagishi
How would we handle characters who are normally battleship support?
Spirits: Scan, Attune, Exhaust, ?, Disturbance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0gGj5iATw), Hope, Renew

Kenshiro Amada
Real Type
Spirits: Focus, Invincible, Taunt, Valor, Luck?, Zeal
In games with Negima and Nanoha, gets a combo attack with Negi and Erio

Koromaru
Real Type
I honestly got no clue

Aigis
Super Type
Spirits: Strike, Alert, Valor, Guts, Zeal, Soul
Skills: Lots of Support Attack/Defense, Wild Card after plot events. Has an "Orgia Mode" option at 110 Will that boosts stats for three rounds and has her unable to move for three. Like a lamer version of Trans-AM.
Later: a game I remember better because I played it more recently.

Terraoblivion
2010-07-02, 06:04 PM
Seems pretty good, Nerdo. Can't say i know what the last few spirits should be. Also i might do a few more Touhou characters tomorrow and possibly Kaede and Mana as well, the rivals should be given stats together.

Lifeson
2010-07-04, 04:08 PM
The Nasuverse ...wait, Battle Moon Wars beat me to that. BRB while I find myself a series to transfer. :smalltongue:

Prime32
2010-07-07, 07:44 AM
Seems pretty good, Nerdo. Can't say i know what the last few spirits should be. Also i might do a few more Touhou characters tomorrow and possibly Kaede and Mana as well, the rivals should be given stats together.Master Spark needs to be a Voltekka reference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGsIICSFgbk).