PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Gestalt CHA Ubercaster

strider24seven
2010-06-24, 10:42 AM
My friend asked me to build him a gestalt pseudo-Cindy build, but it had to be primarily an arcane gishy character based on CHA. Any WotC products are allowed, and all reasonable shenanigans are allowed (DMM is okay, Pun-Pun is not, Versatile Spellcaster allows for early qualification). He wants to be able to fight and cast.

He rolled a 10/11/16/8/14/18 for his stats, and he's using the gestalt rules from UA.

I was thinking Lesser Aasimar for race, a sorcerer powerbuild on one side, and dip-happy craziness on the other.

So, perhaps:
Chaotic Evil L
Sorcerer 4/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Iot7V 7/Archmage 1//
Hexblade 4/Warlock 1/Marshal 2/Cloistered Cleric 1/Swordsage 2/Crusader 8

For a grand total of:
Full Sorcerer progression (9th level spells)
Full BAB (+18)
Full casting in light armor (Spellsword)
Full CL in any other casting class (Abjurant Champion- the casting you progress
with the class doesn't have to be the class you set CL equal to your BAB with.
Full Initiate of the Seven-Fold Veil goodness
Any one Archmage Ability
Mettle (Hexblade- "Evasion for fortitude and will saves")
Debuff Goodness (Sorc Spells+Hexblade's Curse+Dark Companion ACF)
3 domains/devotions (Knowledge from Cloistered, I recommend Travel and
Undeath for movement and Extra Turning)
Divine Might/Shield goodness (Cleric)
Initiator level 14 and Crusader goodness, with some Swordsage moves
WIS to AC in light armor (Swordsage)
CHA to Saves vs. Spells (Hexblade),
all Saves (Dark One's Own Luck- Warlock),
either STR or DEX checks (Marshall, for you and allies),
Will Saves (Crusader)

I wanted to fit on Hellfire Warlock and Blackguard, but I couldn't seem to fit it in. I also thought about using Dragonwrought Kobold to get an extra dip level (Casting cannot inherently exceed hitdice- good house rule).

I also thought about using Ghost+Evolved Undead, sacrificing some Crusader-ness for being extra awesome.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Keep in mind that this is for an extremely power-gamey campaign, so any reasonable shenanigans are okay, and fluff can be adjusted to fit the build.

Vulaas
2010-06-24, 10:55 AM
I'd recommend making room for full levels of Swiftblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327) in the progression somehow, with it giving all kinds of awesome bonuses (like while under the effects of a haste spell (which will be extraordinary for you) such as getting to make an extra standard action instead of a paltry extra attack.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-24, 11:01 AM
Instead of Marshal 2, why not Paladin of Tyranny 2 for Cha to saves again?

strider24seven
2010-06-24, 11:04 AM
Swiftblade might actually work better for this character, because I can use the other side of the gestalt to fill in the CL "holes" in the Swiftblade progression.
Are there any good "filler" PrC's that I can dip early on to progress sorcerer casting? Because I can enter "3rd level arcane spell" PrC's at Sorcerer 4 with Versatile Spellcaster, but not Swiftblade, because it specifies Haste out of a 3rd level slot.

Edit: Maybe Marshal 1 and Paladin of Tyranny 2? I forgot about the variant Paladins.