PDA

View Full Version : The Metaphysical Spellshaper (Mega caster PrC?)

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-06-24, 12:14 PM
Okay so I got myself a copy of the book of erotic fantasy, mostly for the giggles but it actually has some decent stuff in here.

Then i was looking at this pretige class. . . . it seems incredibly powerful to me. . .

i immediatly saw a universe of uber builds that involve strong heart vests and easy metamagic, and practical metamagic and hey lets ad incantatrix and see if the GM shoots us. . . .

is this class as powerfull as it looked to me. . .

a brief overview of abilities

This is a 3 level prestige class

Requirements: To qualify to become a metaphysical spell-shaper,a character must fulfill the following criteria.
Skills: Craft (sculpting or weaving) 3 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 5 ranks, Spellcraft 5ranks.
Feats:Any two Metamagic Feats.
Spells: Ability to cast 3rd-Ievel spells.

Spellcasting: full

Metamagic Manipulation (Su): At 1st level, a metaphysical spellshaper gains, the ability to cast metamagic spells spontaneously by taking ability damage instead of increasing the level of the spelL He chooses which of his ability scores to damage. All damage from a casting of a spell must go to the same ability.

Bonus Metamagic Feat: At 2nd level, a metaphysical spellshaper gets a bonus meta-magic feat.

Metamagic Mastery: At 3rd level, the metaphysical spellshaper reduces the final spell-level slot required by metamagic feats by one (to a minimum of one).

Arbitrarity
2010-06-24, 12:21 PM
Yeah, but I think that was known. Replace Strongheart Vest with Naberius, since Strongheart requires a LOT of essentia to block enough damage, whereas Naberius just regenerates it.

sonofzeal
2010-06-24, 12:21 PM
Yeah, it's kind of messed up. To be honest, I've always sort of avoided the PrC section of that book. I much prefer chapters 1 (for some awesome sociology information) and chapter 4 (a lot of the spells really need to exist, even in PG games). In most books the class/PrC sections are the most useful, but for BoEF it's probably the weakest overall. There's some good stuff in the rest of the book, though.