PDA

View Full Version : Yo. Me again... (3.5)

The-Mage-King
2010-06-24, 06:30 PM
Yeah... this is for a campaign that will be having a lot of Wis damage, so...

Does anyone know a non-magical way to reduce the time it take to recover 5 points of Wis damage to one day? With out making me immune to it?

Flickerdart
2010-06-24, 06:32 PM
Naberius allows you to recover 1 point of damage per turn, I believe.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-24, 06:32 PM
Naberius allows you to recover 1 point of damage per turn, I believe.

Where's that? And what's that?

Flickerdart
2010-06-24, 06:34 PM
Where's that? And what's that?
Vestige from the Tome of Magic. You'll need to either take levels in Binder or grab the appropriate feats (Bind Vestige and, I think, Improved Binding).

Fizban
2010-06-24, 06:42 PM
One level dip in Binder with Improved Vestige is what you need for Naberious, I think.

Or buy a one of the attribute restoring rods from Magic Item Compenium. Rod of Mental Health? Restores a bunch of points a day.

Saya
2010-06-24, 06:44 PM
How non-magical? As in, non "spells"? Or as in "MAGIC DON'T EXIST IN MY WORLD AT ALL"?

If it's the former, there's Spurn Death's Touch, which lets you use up a turn attempt to remove 1d4 ability damage, paralysis or a negative level, but only if it's from an undead source.

mabriss lethe
2010-06-24, 06:45 PM
play a binder and keep Dalver-Nar bound. Makes you completely immune to wisdom damage but isn't the best vestige in the game.

naberius is a 1st level vestige so you don't actually need improved binding. (though why you wouldn't take it anyway is beyond me. It's kind of a must-have feat for binders, especially for dipping.)

Optimystik
2010-06-24, 06:48 PM
Vestige from the Tome of Magic. You'll need to either take levels in Binder or grab the appropriate feats (Bind Vestige and, I think, Improved Binding).

The feat route won't work with Naberius - you only get his skill ability and Silver Tongue with those. You need to actually be a binder to get the ability healing from him.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-24, 06:55 PM
Actually... Double checking the wording of the ability that would be inflicting the ability damage... none would work. Sorry for bothering you folks.

sonofzeal
2010-06-24, 06:56 PM
Actually... Double checking the wording of the ability that would be inflicting the ability damage... none would work. Sorry for bothering you folks.
What's the ability? Maybe we could help you more if we knew that.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-24, 07:03 PM
What's the ability? Maybe we could help you more if we knew that.

Eidolin Binder (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155181)'s Emergency Summon's damage, in a playtest. If you can find a loophole, though, I'd be grateful.

Arbitrarity
2010-06-24, 07:23 PM
Shape Strongheart Vest, from Magic of Incarnum. It gives you Resistance to Ability Score Damage equal to the number of points of Essentia invested +1. You can just get it with Shape Soulmeld, and if you then take Extra Essentia, at level 6 you can invest 2 points into it, giving you resist 3 to ability score damage. This is magical, but not "spell" magical.

Then, anyone making a DC 15 heal check doubles your rate of recovery, so you get 2 points of wisdom back.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-24, 07:32 PM
Hm... And I was considering a dip into Incarnate anyway... Nice...

sofawall
2010-06-24, 08:01 PM
You know, I kinda wish binder gave actual fast healing fro attributes, instead of just 1/round.

Fast healing counts as natural healing :D