PDA

View Full Version : [D&D3.5] Need suggestions for two characters

Holocron Coder
2010-06-25, 10:09 AM
Alright, I'm going to be running Expedition to Castle Ravenloft with some of my friends. Problem being, there's only three of them. The campaign starts at level 7, so to even it up a bit, they're creating level 6 gestalt characters instead.

However, I want a decent backup. I want to make 2 DMPCs that can come in and save in the case of an impending TPK.

Yes, I know DMPCs are frowned upon, but I know from prior experience that my players are alright with this if it prevents a wipe from simple bad luck. And just to make the blow easier, I want to make the DMPCs characters that my players are familiar with: The Doctor (10) and Harry Dresden.

I just need suggestions on making them, and they'd need to be around ECL12 gestalt, I figure.

Thoughts:

Harry Dresden: Wizard would be the initial thought, but he is much more of a spontaneous caster with lots of ritual support. Would straight sorcerer be preferable or some mix? And what about the other side of the progression?

The Doctor (10): He's a pacifist, so I may have to dig into the Book of Exalted deeds for the relevant feats. Perhaps Factotum on one side? I'm not sure about the opposite side, though.

Give me suggestions! :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: As a thought, wizard // warlock may be appropriate for Dresden, to some extent, to represent the concept of "a prepared wizard" with some spontaneity to throw around.

Holocron Coder
2010-06-25, 11:53 AM
Cross-posting the Time Lord race that I'd be using with whatever results of The Doctor:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157679