PDA

View Full Version : Simplified Systems

Rauthiss
2010-06-25, 07:41 PM
A couple of games I've been playing in, I haven't been able to play certain systems - Incarnum and Tome of Magic classes are popular - because the DM hasn't had a familiarity with the system, despite having access to the books.

This thread is for posting simplified versions of the magic systems - something easier to read through than the books, without going into excruciating detail. Basically, something that someone could look through and get at least a basic understanding of the magic system. Classes and such would be helpful to get summaries of too.

Something similar to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157711) is what I'm looking for - a quick skimming of rules within the system.

Thajocoth
2010-06-25, 07:49 PM
Are you talking about RPGs that have a simpler way of handling magic than what you've been playing? (Personally, I like D&D 4e for this. It's simple enough for me.) Or a simpler way of handling it in whatever RPG you're already playing? (What system ARE you playing?)

Prime32
2010-06-25, 07:53 PM
Are you talking about RPGs that have a simpler way of handling magic than what you've been playing? (Personally, I like D&D 4e for this. It's simple enough for me.) Or a simpler way of handling it in whatever RPG you're already playing? (What system ARE you playing?):smallconfused:

He's playing D&D 3.5 (what else has Incarnum and Tome of Magic?), and wants summaries of various magic systems so that people can pick them up quickly.

Knaight
2010-06-25, 07:53 PM
Tome of magic could be hard to explain, but incarnum shouldn't be to tricky. Just write something up that covers chakra's, essentia, unbound effects, with a trimmed list of examples from the stuff you want to use frequently.

Prime32
2010-06-25, 07:55 PM
For incarnum, use the spaceship analogy. Someone else can explain it since I need to sleep now.