PDA

View Full Version : Plague Doctor

TechnOkami
2010-06-25, 09:42 PM
Basically, I want to make a Plague Doctor like character for a D&D 3.5 game. Currently the basic build is a Cleric belonging to a god of disease. And as a semi joke, the plague doctor can only say "plague" and "not", so I was also thinking of giving him ranks in singing or have him be a bard which sings Plague Ballads. I looked into making him a true necromancer in combination with the cleric and bardic spellcasting abilities, but apparently this is not possible.

My Question: Is there a way I can make a cleric/bard/true necromancer or do you suggest a better build? Note that cleric MUST be in the build and it MUST be dedicated to a god of disease.

For all of those who don't know what a plague doctor is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_doctor#Other_effects

P.S. If possible, I'd like him to have a cane which can either be a sword/wand/anything else a cane could be added to.

lyko555
2010-06-26, 12:28 AM
Have you looked into cancer mage from the "book of evil goodies"?

It might have the flavor you want.

Another_Poet
2010-06-26, 12:45 AM
the plague doctor can only say "plague" and "not"

I must be missing something here.

For the build, Bard and Dread Necro have good synergy though straight DN would be stronger. A cleric is a fine necromancer on their own. I'm not sure why a plague doctor would be a necromancer though. Curing plaques and making zombies seem indirectly related at best. In fact allowing rotting corpses to shamble around is likely to spread plague.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-26, 12:49 AM
In fact allowing rotting corpses to shamble around is likely to spread plague.

Only if you pick zombies. Pick skeletons and you won't have that trouble!

chiasaur11
2010-06-26, 01:00 AM
Only if you pick zombies. Pick skeletons and you won't have that trouble!

Skeletons in cool bird plague doctor masks?

Neat!

You know, that actually makes a little sense. The undead could safely go near plague victims, and if they get contaminated, they can be destroyed without consequence.