PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-26, 12:11 AM
Hi playgrounders, I've been thinking a lot lately and I've noticed that 99% of my threads are pointless and annoying. I'd like to apologize. At the time, I didn't mean to be so . . . I don't know the word. I'll stop making threads after this one. Sorry if I bothered anyone.

The Rose Dragon
2010-06-26, 12:26 AM
So, the point of this thread is...

In the last month, you have created a total of two threads in Friendly Banter, including this one. The other is actually a fairly sensible question to ask, but you brought the ratio of pointless threads from 0% to 50% by posting this thread. Ironic, eh? :smalltongue:

SurlySeraph
2010-06-26, 12:29 AM
Eh? If there's anyone who posts too many pointless threads, it sure as hell isn't you, Froogley. Stop second-guessing yourself.

mucat
2010-06-26, 12:30 AM
About 80%, Froog, not 99%. (EDIT: counting the ones in the RPG subforum, not just friendly banter.)

You don't need to quit making threads; you just need to think a lot harder about whether a given thread is really needed. The fact that you've realized that some of your old threads didn't really need to be here, is a good start.

My suggestion would be this: When you've got an idea for a thread, write the initial post in a text editor, go away from it for at least an hour, and then read it back to yourself.

If you decide the thread would be:

(1) Interesting only to a very small group of people...

(2) Asking for information you could easily find on Wikipedia, with a Google search, with a PM to someone knowlegable, or with a search of GitP...

or (3) Likely to lead people to violate forum rules...

...then don't post it. If it doesn't fit any of those descriptions, post away.

You don't have to feel bad; you seem like a perfectly decent person. Just give things a little more thought in the future.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-26, 12:35 AM
Do whatever you want. If people aren't interested in your threads, they simply won't reply. If they do...well, it's their choice. Unless you're spamming, which is clearly not the case, it's not like starting semi-pointless threads is an offense. Worst case scenario: you start a thread, think about it again and realize it's silly or annoying, simply let the thread die on its own.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-26, 01:14 AM
Maybe I should just stick to Random Banter

iroZn
2010-06-26, 01:21 AM
Lol at creating a pointless thread to apologize for creating useless threads :smallbiggrin: I think you just trollin! jks jks Create the thread anyways and if its useless then no one will post and its forgotten. If its useful people will be grateful, you'll never know till you try!

Serpentine
2010-06-26, 01:22 AM
Silly duffer.

Also: dagnabbit man post in VT's game! :smallfurious:

Froogleyboy
2010-06-26, 01:36 AM
Also: dagnabbit man post in VT's game! :smallfurious:

Oh my gosh! I had forgotten all about that game. Could you please send me another link to the IC thread

Serpentine
2010-06-26, 01:41 AM
Post post post! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152854)

Go go go! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150532)

Felixaar
2010-06-26, 07:13 AM
Erm, guys, its a forum, not the model UN. Create threads about whatever you want, froog. If people arent interested in your threads that's their problem, not yours. Yeah if you go around dominating conversation in real life you'll probably earn a slap on the face, but here people just need to scroll a little bit further - it aint hard.

Still, if you want to cut down, try to just do two or three threads going at a time, and wait until they run down before starting new ones.

Relax, have fun, don't listen to mean people, and stick to the forum rules.

Asta Kask
2010-06-26, 07:17 AM
Has the pig started eating human flesh yet?

Spiryt
2010-06-26, 07:21 AM
Well, if I had to apologize for my pointless threads...

I don't make to many threads, but quite decent amount of posts...

Rickson by armbar.

Crimmy
2010-06-26, 09:46 AM
ITT, Froog apologizes for silly threads with a silly thread.

Really man, no rush, no worries.
It's all good.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-26, 11:33 AM
Has the pig started eating human flesh yet?

Sadly, no. I've tried to get her to eat my step dad when he passed out, but no such luck. Oddly enough, her favorite foods are Ham and Cracklins. She also eats my bacon every morning.

Spiryt
2010-06-26, 11:36 AM
Sadly, no. I've tried to get her to eat my step dad when he passed out, but no such luck. Oddly enough, her favorite foods are Ham and Cracklins. She also eats my bacon every morning.

So either you have cannibalistic pig, or I would change bacon supplier. :smallwink:

Weimann
2010-06-26, 11:50 AM
About half of the threads or replies I type out are never posted since I realised by the end of it that I wouldn't actually contribute anything. Which may or may not have been true.

I find this to be a greater problem than posting too much. It might be a hit to one's ego, but a thread about something will be more interesting than no thread about it. The fact that it did get many replies isn't really an accurate measure about wither it was "pointless" or not.

Yay, I got to the end.

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-26, 12:33 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread is pointless.