PDA

View Full Version : Random question about Julia's boobs

suszterpatt
2010-06-26, 10:01 AM
#352 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0352.html), panel 8. How would this go down in a proper PnP session? Charisma check? Will save? Something else?

Felyndiira
2010-06-26, 10:07 AM
Well-Endowed (3.5 Trait)

Benefits:
You gain a +2 untyped bonus to Charisma.

Drawbacks:
Your base land speed is reduced by 10 ft.

Cog
2010-06-26, 10:30 AM
...Roleplay? Not everything needs to be determined by a die roll.

Alternatively, I'd say Diplomacy involves the sort of understand-people's-motivations skill that's need to pull such things off. If I were playing a caster and my DM said I needed to roll concentration for jiggling endowments, though, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Ancalagon
2010-06-26, 10:34 AM
#352 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0352.html), panel 8. How would this go down in a proper PnP session? Charisma check? Will save? Something else?

Above has it right. Player decides how the character reacts. He might call for a roll (player, not DM). Might.

Reducing the games to pure "rolling dice" sounds pretty boring to me.

Theory: OP is now happy. The long-searched excuse to post a thread with "boobs" in the title was finally found. ;)

Starscream
2010-06-26, 11:59 AM
Maybe she has a female player, who did that for real.

It'd work on most of my friends.:smallamused:

Kurald Galain
2010-06-26, 12:00 PM
Well-Endowed (3.5 Trait)

Benefits:

Drawbacks:

I do hope this has prerequisite: female :smalltongue:

Starscream
2010-06-26, 12:07 PM

I think it should be limited to certain creature types as well.

suszterpatt
2010-06-26, 12:11 PM
I think it should be limited to certain creature types as well.It is evidently not (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0676.html).

Mastikator
2010-06-26, 12:32 PM
Different people react very very differently when a teenage girl walks up to them and says "hey look at my boobies, wouldn't you like to touch them?". It can't be broken down into "success" and "fail" outcomes. A die roll can't suffice.

--

Men can be well endowed too, in other areas. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html)

derfenrirwolv
2010-06-26, 01:00 PM

Nope. The Run speed is reduced for a different reason though.

Starscream
2010-06-26, 01:12 PM
It is evidently not (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0676.html).

Fine, but if I see Xykon in a wonderbra because he's trying to improve his save DCs, I'm done.

PersonMan
2010-06-26, 01:15 PM
Fine, but if I see Xykon in a wonderbra because he's trying to improve his save DCs, I'm done.

This is too perfect. Can I sig it?

Starscream
2010-06-26, 01:16 PM
This is too perfect. Can I sig it?

You may, but expect people to have questions about the context.:smallwink:

PersonMan
2010-06-26, 01:19 PM
Eh, they can just read the thread.

Scorpina
2010-06-26, 01:30 PM
Maybe she has a female player, who did that for real.

It'd work on most of my friends.:smallamused:

Sadly, this has actually happened in a game I played in.

EvilElf
2010-06-26, 02:34 PM

Now that you said that there is some weird Rule 34 art for Xykon now

Scorpina
2010-06-26, 02:40 PM

I rather imagine you mean some more weird Rule 34 art for Xykon.

EvilElf
2010-06-26, 02:44 PM
I rather imagine you mean some more weird Rule 34 art for Xykon.
Yes more weird Rule 34 art for Xykon. :smalleek:

Starscream
2010-06-26, 03:24 PM
Sadly, this has actually happened in a game I played in.

You're not looking for new players, are you?:smallwink:

Scorpina
2010-06-26, 03:45 PM
You're not looking for new players, are you?:smallwink:

It'd be nice if I could coral the old players into organising a game at this stage. The girl in question is one of the worst offenders.

Dr.Epic
2010-06-26, 09:45 PM
...Roleplay? Not everything needs to be determined by a die roll.

You're going to need to roll a bluff check to convince me that.

FeanorFireHeart
2010-06-27, 10:10 AM

competing will save for the target with the endowed player's charisma check or seduction check (I think that existed at one time in 3.5). Or if I was GM thats how I would do it.

Ancalagon
2010-06-27, 10:14 AM
You're going to need to roll a bluff check to convince me that.

I already made it! Successfully. ;)

Weimann
2010-06-27, 10:58 AM

Women don't get a gender effect to cause will saves. As I see it, there's a few ways to look at it.

If the female is simply roleplaying the event, then simply roleplaying back should be sufficient. In case the male is continuously portrayed as a very lecherous type, it might be okay to call for a will save, but that's a very big if, and should really only be used as a tool to keep the player in character.

If the female is rolling anything to distract or catch the attention of the male, such as Charisma or Diplomacy for seduction, then a will save might be appropriate.

If it is simple roleplaying, but enhanced by something magical (or otherwise), the effect should tell how to resolve it.

King of Nowhere
2010-06-30, 08:53 AM
I'd call for a concentration check to not interrupt the spell, but that would be commonplace for any kind of distraction. I'd say a dc of 5+spell level for someone who tries to talk to the caster in an invadent way, plus a +2 because julia was making use of the feminine persuasion, plus another +2 because she appears to be hot. Make it a +4 for being very hot. And give durkon a +2 to his roll for not being the kind of guy who is much affected by that.
Hey, I can totally see myslef causing a car accident by being distracted looking at an hot girl wiggling her boobs, so I can totally see a spellcaster getting ddistracted for that very reason :smallsmile:

Well-Endowed (3.5 Trait)

Benefits:

Drawbacks:
I don't see how that could help when interacting with another woman (heterosexual).
Also, I can see any sorceror minmaxer taking it, which would be weird and would turn the world to some sort of hentai :smalleek:
Not to mention I don't want to know what kind of breast would reduce your speed that way

Puschkin
2010-06-30, 09:15 AM
Well, if a male takes this feat, maybe something else than breasts is "well endowed" ... you know, something that might also slow down your walking speed if it is all too big and dangles too much ...

Darcy
2010-06-30, 10:26 AM
Well, if a male takes this feat, maybe something else than breasts is "well endowed" ... you know, something that might also slow down your walking speed if it is all too big and dangles too much ...

you can reduce the speed penalty if you have a codpiece.

Warhammer3025
2010-06-30, 09:09 PM
Heh first post and i'm posting in a topic relating to boobs :smallbiggrin:

Whenever i think of big boobs in a fantasy setting it always brings me back to Red Sonja. How does some chick who wears no armor wade into battle and not die? Cuz everyone drastically failed their save vs boobies (and then some) were mezmerized then got their heads subsequently cut off.

It always gives me a chuckle to imagine such a scenario in RP situation.

Coidzor
2010-06-30, 09:11 PM
Technically I think it justs counts as a non-attack attempt to disrupt a spell being cast.

I'm not exactly sure how that's usually adjudicated by RAW, but it might just require a concentration check equal to 10+spell level.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-02, 09:03 AM
Well, I've sometimes used the seduction skill houserule but I guess it would be a charisma check with a penalty equal to your AC bonus to armor (seduction is hard when you're warped in plates of steel).

Zanaril
2010-07-02, 10:15 AM

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii21/Zanaril/OOTSart/xykondress.png
Nah, it's been around for ages...

TraadosDarksund
2010-07-02, 10:38 AM
I beleive that it's a roll to see if concentration is broken, which uses your will save bonus to beat the "distracters" charisma score PLUS diplomacy. Should you fail, you may wind up more than "distracted". This is my DM's rule. And mine.

Knaight
2010-07-02, 01:58 PM

As D&D is not specified, and because the variety of rules found in other games is good to know about (don't look at me like that, you know I'm right), lets look at other games.

Pendragon: Pendragon's spin on alignment basically measures various knightly traits, such as humility, chastity, etc. This would be targeting chastity.

Burning Wheel: There is an absurdly complicated social system here, but odds are you could take whatever the equivalent of seduction is, spin it in as a "field of related knowledge" for a bonus, and call it a day.

Fate: Well Endowed could actually be a legitimate aspect, aspects can be used for an advantage when they would be advantageous.

Fudge: There is a highly, highly variable skill list in Fudge (as in, every game has its own if it even has one), but seduction is a suggested skill in the skill chapter of the 10th anniversary book.

Risus: If it is really, really important to your character, you can work this into the pseudo-classes risus runs on.

derfenrirwolv
2010-07-02, 05:52 PM
I beleive that it's a roll to see if concentration is broken, which uses your will save bonus to beat the "distracters" charisma score PLUS diplomacy. Should you fail, you may wind up more than "distracted". This is my DM's rule. And mine.

Thats a pretty broken rule, and it doesn't conform to how DC's are set. Its supposed to be 1/2 level + ability MODIFIER, not level + ability.

The MunchKING
2010-07-03, 12:29 AM

Males would just have a different endowment.

Still slows you down though. :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2010-07-03, 04:09 AM

Not if you go pantsless as a male!

Scarlet Knight
2010-07-03, 10:30 PM
Codpiece +1 to charisma? :smallwink:

Dilvish
2010-07-03, 11:50 PM
Hmm, male gamers needing rules and dice rolls to figure out the effect that an attractive female has on a male.

The stereotypes just refuse to go away. ;)

dilvish

PS I played with one DM who distracted me a few times with her shirts. 100% my doing, none of hers. Add on top of that her oh so seductive voice when roleplaying female demons... Ah sweet memories.

imp_fireball
2010-07-03, 11:57 PM
Men can be well endowed too, in other areas. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html)

So, you never heard of moobs?

imp_fireball
2010-07-04, 12:00 AM
Hmm, male gamers needing rules and dice rolls to figure out the effect that an attractive female has on a male.

Player 1: My character is a ladies man!
GM: Okay, roll diplomacy.
Player 1: Sweet, 19.
GM: That's a fail.
Player 1: Ah crap.

GM: The gorgeous amazonian is hitting on you.
Player 1: Hm... should I rescue the crusty old male prisoner whom is likely a 1st level commoner and make him my cohort or the voluptuous barbarian of a higher level (which I'm assuming, considering how she can afford to fight half-naked)? A real conundrum, surely. /sarcasm
Player 2: This is where roleplaying gets messy.
GM: Never fear! *rolls* Looks like you discovered your latent homosexuality. You feel the undeniable lure that friendship with a stinky inmate would bring to your lonely life.
Player 1: But my backstory says that I'm a ladies man!
Player 2: Evidently you were compensating for a past filled with insecurity about your sexuality.
Player 3: It's funny because it's true.
Player 1: *power attack/cleaves players 2 and 3*

Dilvish
2010-07-04, 12:16 AM
Imp,

That would be a great strip idea for Knights of the Dinner Table. :) I wonder if Jolly prowls these forums.

dilvish

Player 1: My character is a ladies man!
GM: Okay, roll diplomacy.
Player 1: Sweet, 19.
GM: That's a fail.
Player 1: Ah crap.

GM: The gorgeous amazonian is hitting on you.
Player 1: Hm... should I rescue the crusty old male prisoner whom is likely a 1st level commoner and make him my cohort or the voluptuous barbarian of a higher level (which I'm assuming, considering how she can afford to fight half-naked)? A real conundrum, surely. /sarcasm
Player 2: This is where roleplaying gets messy.
GM: Never fear! *rolls* Looks like you discovered your latent homosexuality. You feel the undeniable lure that friendship with a stinky inmate would bring to your lonely life.
Player 1: But my backstory says that I'm a ladies man!
Player 2: Evidently you were compensating for a past filled with insecurity about your sexuality.
Player 3: It's funny because it's true.
Player 1: *power attack/cleaves players 2 and 3*

Roderick_BR
2010-07-04, 01:17 AM
Different people react very very differently when a teenage girl walks up to them and says "hey look at my boobies, wouldn't you like to touch them?". It can't be broken down into "success" and "fail" outcomes. A die roll can't suffice.

Exactly. In Durkon's case, he was too busy with something important (controlling a damn giant storm would qualify), and he may not find female humans as appealing as female dwarves (even though boobs are traits of both species).

grassy
2010-07-04, 01:31 AM

I doubt that there's any rule 34 art for Xykon... Yet... But I think you just gave me an idea.:smallamused:

ZeroNumerous
2010-07-04, 01:48 AM
I doubt that there's any rule 34 art for Xykon... Yet... But I think you just gave me an idea.:smallamused:

Uh. Zanaril posted a very tame(thankfully) example.

[Disturbing thing here]

Ozymandias9
2010-07-04, 02:07 AM

Probably a circumstance bonus to diplomacy.

However, if this comes up often in your PnP group though, I would suggest the DM get a copy of BoEF. Despite its title, it gives rather balanced and even methods (and for the most part relatively mature) to apply sexuality to the game in mechanical manner.

I would still recommend a book cover. Though that may not help. I have heard tell of someone who had to get it rebound to something innocuous because people checking out the single covered book in the D&D section.

Scorpina
2010-07-04, 06:26 AM
I would still recommend a book cover. Though that may not help. I have heard tell of someone who had to get it rebound to something innocuous because people checking out the single covered book in the D&D section.

I forsee negative consequences. "Oh, I'll just check out this copy of Complete Arc... agh! Sex!"

Kish
2010-07-04, 07:53 AM
Exactly. In Durkon's case, he was too busy with something important (controlling a damn giant storm would qualify), and he may not find female humans as appealing as female dwarves (even though boobs are traits of both species).
"It weirds me out that your species already has those at sixteen. And it bothers me that you have them but don't have a beard."

BlueWizard
2010-07-04, 03:42 PM
My players had to declare their PC's sexual orientation.
One guy played all gay PCs, he of course fell prey to many vampires and noblemen.
Another player's PC was asexual, so this guy would get bonuses against charm.

Scarlet Knight
2010-07-05, 01:41 PM
This is a useful thread for me. The party is about to be captured by pirates. Only 1 is a female. She's a cleric with good charisma. She has also been roleplaying as a lesbian with low tolerance to alcohol.

I imagine the pirate captain seperating her from the party & attempting to seduce her, but if that doesn't work, threatening her to gain her sexual compliance. But I want to be fair to the PC & don't want her to feel singled out. All the other PC's are male nonhumans (dwarves & a lizardman) so she is really the the only character for this type of roleplaying.

I want her to feel threatened ( ie Elizabeth Swann with the "eating with the captain" scene) but I want her to have choices. I certainly don't want to deal with grapple checks. :smallyuk:

Diplomacy followed by intimidation? Perhaps fortitude vs alcohol? Do I add a gay pirate with a dwarf fetishto ravage the guys just to be fair?

Suggestions?

Morph Bark
2010-07-05, 02:21 PM
So, you never heard of moobs?

In whose mind does that count as well endowed?

Kish
2010-07-05, 03:19 PM
Suggestions?
My primary suggestion is: Make sure the player is okay with what you're planning. If she isn't, change your plan.

Flickerdart
2010-07-05, 04:08 PM
People who insist on this not working on same genders forget the "stupid sexy Flanders" effect.

Scorpina
2010-07-05, 04:09 PM
People who insist on this not working on same genders forget the "stupid sexy Flanders" effect.

"This glammered armour feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!"

"Nothing at all!"

"Nothing at all!"

"Nothing at all!"

"Nothing at all!"

"Nothing at all!"

"Nothing at all!"

"Nothing at all!"

"Nothing at all!"

"Nothing at all!"

2010-07-05, 04:20 PM
I want her to feel threatened ( ie Elizabeth Swann with the "eating with the captain" scene) but I want her to have choices. I certainly don't want to deal with grapple checks. :smallyuk:

I really liked that scene. It managed to make being the only woman on a ship full of pirates threatening without losing it's PG rating. It does help that Barbossa only wanted to watch her eat, and the "dining with the crew" was the intimidating part. Maybe the pirate leader could have a similarly non-evil motivation. No spoilers, but watch Stardust. It's a fun movie.

Of course, if you don't mind going past PG so long as it's not creepy, what if the pirate captain is, ahem, wearing a false beard.:smallwink: You still don't need grapple checks and you did say this character was a lesbian. Not the sort of thing any group I've been in would be comfortable with, but to each his or her own.

King of Nowhere
2010-07-05, 05:42 PM
Do I add a gay pirate with a dwarf fetishto ravage the guys just to be fair?

Suggestions?

GAAAAAHHHH!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That was far too horrible to even contemplate. Now I need to was my brain in acid :smallbiggrin:

By the way, I like the general idea. It's just the tougth of a gay man-on-dwarf action... AAARG! :eek:

derfenrirwolv
2010-07-05, 06:22 PM
Suggestions?

Start the scene with some prepared description, a candle light dinner in the captains quarters with the cleric waking up, wine in glasses and a veritable feast before her. You know your players tolerances, the captain can have a go at it, but Diplomacy should never, EVER override a Player characters free will, especially with a declared sexuality play it almost to the dramatic culmanation...

Then abruptly switch scenes , use a very similarly worded description, but reveal the bare chested dwarf pouring the wine instead of the captain. A little subtly goes a long, long way and can be more horrifing than spelling things out.

Rhydeble
2010-07-06, 02:33 AM
Do I add a gay pirate with a dwarf fetishto ravage the guys just to be fair?

Suggestions?

I suggest that these pirates have a homosexual pet kraken that has watched a few too many japanese videos.

denthor
2010-07-06, 11:34 AM
Quote Starscream

How about a booty pop? (http://www.buybootypop.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=bootypop/story.html)

Scorpina
2010-07-06, 11:39 AM
I am sadder knowing that they exist.

Wardog
2010-07-06, 03:25 PM
As D&D is not specified, and because the variety of rules found in other games is good to know about (don't look at me like that, you know I'm right), lets look at other games.

Pendragon: Pendragon's spin on alignment basically measures various knightly traits, such as humility, chastity, etc. This would be targeting chastity.

Burning Wheel: There is an absurdly complicated social system here, but odds are you could take whatever the equivalent of seduction is, spin it in as a "field of related knowledge" for a bonus, and call it a day.

Fate: Well Endowed could actually be a legitimate aspect, aspects can be used for an advantage when they would be advantageous.

Fudge: There is a highly, highly variable skill list in Fudge (as in, every game has its own if it even has one), but seduction is a suggested skill in the skill chapter of the 10th anniversary book.

Risus: If it is really, really important to your character, you can work this into the pseudo-classes risus runs on.

FATAL: Roll 10 d100, feed the results into a polynomial, then multiply by the square root of the circumference of your, er, assets, and consult the look-up table. Bad rolls may result in you tripping up and impaling your spleen on a pebble. Really bad rolls may result in consequences not suitable for description on a PG-13 website 4Chan anywhere.

Knaight
2010-07-06, 06:15 PM
I thought we were listing rules and systems that people might actually use. After all, an actual pen and paper game was assumed. :smallamused:

rewinn
2010-07-06, 07:12 PM
Technically I think it justs counts as a non-attack attempt to disrupt a spell being cast.

I'm not exactly sure how that's usually adjudicated by RAW, but it might just require a concentration check equal to 10+spell level.
It depends on whether Durkon looked into her perky round...

...eyes.

It's a GAZE attack!

Scorpina
2010-07-07, 07:03 AM
FATAL: Roll 10 d100, feed the results into a polynomial, then multiply by the square root of the circumference of your, er, assets, and consult the look-up table. Bad rolls may result in you tripping up and impaling your spleen on a pebble. Really bad rolls may result in consequences not suitable for description on a PG-13 website 4Chan anywhere.

Surely playing FATAL at all brings about the latter kind of results?