PDA

View Full Version : Kit out my BBEG

FyreByrd
2010-06-26, 10:03 AM
Hi All,

putting together a BBEG for a campaign I'm writing, and really not sure what to equip him with he's a Sorc 7 / Effigy Master 5(CA) with standard wealth by level gold

Big thing he needs is some protection, hopefully the PC's face smashers won't get too close, but if they do, he's dead in a couple of hits...

so any suggestions (please list book if not core)

Thanks

FyreByrd

gallagher
2010-06-26, 10:18 AM
Hi All,

putting together a BBEG for a campaign I'm writing, and really not sure what to equip him with he's a Sorc 7 / Effigy Master 5(CA) with standard wealth by level gold

Big thing he needs is some protection, hopefully the PC's face smashers won't get too close, but if they do, he's dead in a couple of hits...

so any suggestions (please list book if not core)

Thanks

FyreByrd

ring of blinking, i think its in the DMG. 50% miss chance gives him protection from rogues and keeps him alive from physical attacks longer (barring really lucky die rolls)

IthilanorStPete
2010-06-26, 11:06 AM
Belt of Battle (MiC) - 12k. Generally useful, and helps him recoup some of his action disadvantage.
Cloak of Charisma...probably +4. - 16k.
As mentioned, a Ring of Blinking - 27k.
Anklets of Translocation (MiC) - 1.4k. Yay mobility!
Possibly Knowstones (Dragon Magazine) - slotless items that give an extra spell known, cost (spell level^2)*1000 gp. Grab Wings of Cover (Races of the Dragon) if he doesn't know it already.

bobspldbckwrds
2010-06-26, 12:40 PM
some item that gives him flight

FyreByrd
2010-06-26, 07:14 PM
Hi,

Thanks all, ring ofblinking firmly applied, along with a few other goodies...thnaks for the ideas

cheers

FyreByrd