PDA

View Full Version : Troll PCs [3.5/PF]

Tanuki Tales
2010-06-26, 02:13 PM
I'm looking for the best options (aka Base Classes, Prestige Classes, feats, skill tricks, etc.) for a Troll being played as a character (using Pathfinder's monster pc rules). And I mean things that really accentuate the natural proclivities of a Troll and not the creation of Emerald Legion Ikea Tarrasques. This is not theoretical game breaking stuff we're talking about but things that sane DMs (well, not counting that some would say giving any PC Regeneration is anything but sane) would actually let fly in their games.

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-26, 03:10 PM
Pouncing barbarian sound good, get those natural weapons into combat quicker and angrier. I could see warblade for Iorn Heart strikes like steel wind and such. Punishing stance to up your damage becuse you heal so fast.

This is a rare time that I would maybe suggest Warchief from Miniatures Handbook pg 24. It allows you to raise your Str through the roof anytime you want, but you take damage. Good thing you have regeneration! It also oddly would counter that penelty to Cha. By the end you get +6 to cha. It would allow you to have +10 Str when you want it.

Oh, and a good Willsave.

Tanuki Tales
2010-06-26, 03:34 PM
Pouncing barbarian sound good, get those natural weapons into combat quicker and angrier. I could see warblade for Iorn Heart strikes like steel wind and such. Punishing stance to up your damage becuse you heal so fast.

This is a rare time that I would maybe suggest Warchief from Miniatures Handbook pg 24. It allows you to raise your Str through the roof anytime you want, but you take damage. Good thing you have regeneration! It also oddly would counter that penelty to Cha. By the end you get +6 to cha. It would allow you to have +10 Str when you want it.

Oh, and a good Willsave.

Warchiefs can't boost their own strength, only their followers'. And its an enhancement bonus so it doesn't stack even if you could.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-26, 04:52 PM
War Hulk :smallwink::smallamused: