PDA

View Full Version : How time flies...

gnomas
2010-06-26, 05:48 PM
Hey Playground!

So with only a year left of high school to go, I am in the process of desperately trying to manage the schedule of my gaming groups, making sure we have the time for the adventures we want to run and such.

This got me thinking, how long do most campaigns usually last? So I'm asking you, what do you consider an average campaign length? what would you consider long? How long do yours usually go for?

Hendel
2010-06-26, 05:55 PM
Campaigns or story arcs?

I have had some campaigns that we have been running continuously since the late eighties with some character conversions along the way. The same characters or even new ones go around and adventure, but they are not always together. It is kind of like the extended Marvel X-Men family. You have a core group and others come and go over time. Eventually even the core group may change.

I would guess, however, that playing two to three times a month I could see a campaign go on for about two years. If you only play once a month, maybe three years or more. If you play once a week or so, then about one to two years is about average for me.

Aeromyre
2010-06-26, 05:55 PM
Hey Playground!

So with only a year left of high school to go, I am in the process of desperately trying to manage the schedule of my gaming groups, making sure we have the time for the adventures we want to run and such.

This got me thinking, how long do most campaigns usually last? So I'm asking you, what do you consider an average campaign length? what would you consider long? How long do yours usually go for?

Well it really depends on the party and the DM. I build intricate dungeons and many of them as a DM. And then their is party speed sometimes they can drag ass some times they can get a dungeon done in 2 sessions or so. It really depends on the people.

My campaign is probably gonna last 12 more sessions and we get together on sundays but not everyone can make it everytime.

I say the minimum for a campaign is probably 5 sessions if you play 3-5 hours