PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 Lords of destruction characters

Primehunter74
2010-06-27, 09:13 AM
So, my question is, what kind of Diablo 2 character/build/whatever do you like?

The two I like using:

1: Werebear Druid. Tanks are useful in most situations, still need to give the one I'm working on cyclone armor though, he takes too much elemental damage.
20 werebear
20 lycanthropy
20 maul
1-2 shockwave
20 oak sage

2: Pair of Thorns Paladins. This is a build my friend and I have been working on together. One player uses thorns and the other prayer (and he allowed me to have holy shock, woot) and both sit there and let the enemy hit them.
I have:
20 prayer
20 holy shock
20 hammer
He has:
20 thorns
20 Cleansing
20 meditation (unsure on his last skill, need t ask him)

the rest is undecided, since we haven't gotten to a high level with our paladins yet, but the rest is mostly optional.

NEO|Phyte
2010-06-27, 09:31 AM
Fishymancer.

20 Raise Skeleton
20 Skeleton Mastery
20 Corpse Explosion
1 Summon Resist
1 Amplify Damage
1 Decrepify
plus prereqs

Anything and everything else is optional. Gear included.

SolkaTruesilver
2010-06-27, 09:46 AM
We once made a friend-team of Paladin Auramancer/Necro Summonancer and an Assassin to take care of the special targets. That was quite fun.

We smashed our way until Diable, where he almost got us, and we pained a LOT to get him. I think our problem was, we were too good and we were ahead of the level we were suppose to be for our power level. So when we faced a monster made of pure brute strenght, we had problems.

Oh well, Corpse Explosion is always fun.

nosignal
2010-06-27, 09:53 AM
Isn't there a D2 thread already?

Also, thorns doesn't work well because of the monsters do pitiful damage compared to their insane hp. It also only works on melee attacks, and only reflects damage AFTER you get hit.

Primehunter74
2010-06-27, 10:13 AM
Don't know if there's a D2 thread, my mistake of their is.

That's one reason why i took holy shock, if the build doesn't work out, i'll have something to fall back on. I might be able to convince him to just make an auradin, but I don't know. Thanks to respec it doesn't really matter.

Cespenar
2010-06-27, 11:28 AM
20 Charged Bolt
20 Lightning
20 Lightning Mastery

Spam Charged Bolt until you run out of mana.

Winterwind
2010-06-27, 04:53 PM
The current Diablo 2 thread would be here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153082). The last post in it is a mere three days old. :smalltongue:

Posting my response to this thread's question there.