PDA

View Full Version : Multiclassing query???

Locklear
2010-06-27, 09:52 AM
If i took 2 arcane classes, say bard and sorcerer, then would I add the numbers together for spells per day, or do them separately for the spells from each class or is it done completely differently???

Choco
2010-06-27, 09:53 AM
If you have levels in more than 1 casting class, each class handles spells seperately.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-27, 09:55 AM
If i took 2 arcane classes, say bard and sorcerer, then would I add the numbers together for spells per day, or do them separately for the spells from each class or is it done completely differently???

Each class' spells per day are seperate. You'd have the spell slots of a level X bard and a level Y sorcerer, which can only be used to cast the spells you know from the particular class you got the spell slot from.

Amphetryon
2010-06-27, 09:57 AM
Track them separately unless multiclassing is done through a Prestige Class that adds to a pre-existing Spellcasting Class. The other exception that comes immediately to mind is the variant group of Racial Paragon Classes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm), which have the same verbiage, adding to pre-existing Spellcasting Class(es) without granting their own specific list.

I've probably been ninja'd by now...

Flickerdart
2010-06-27, 09:59 AM
Yeah, spells gained from different classes don't pool, which is why it is generally considered terrible for casters to multiclass.

Choco
2010-06-27, 10:01 AM
Yeah, spells gained from different classes don't pool, which is why it is generally considered terrible for casters to multiclass.

This. Quicker access to and more of the higher level spells > more lower level spells from multiple classes.

GenPol
2010-06-27, 10:11 AM
This. Quicker access to and more of the higher level spells > more lower level spells from multiple classes.

Yeah, what he said. :smalltongue:

Morph Bark
2010-06-27, 10:13 AM
I don't know, getting 9th-level arcane and divine spells and 9th-level powers all together is pretty slick too. :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2010-06-27, 10:15 AM
I don't know, getting 9th-level arcane and divine spells and 9th-level powers all together is pretty slick too. :smalltongue:
Triple nines generally requires incredible cheese to attain, and doesn't increase your power very much compared to a straight Psion or Wizard. Spell to Power Erudite, of course, is the easiest way to do this without jumping hoops, and it doesn't multiclass.

Locklear
2010-06-27, 11:01 AM
Thanks all makes sense now. To recap, its lots of weak stuff or less powerful stuff! XD. Thanks again guys!