PDA

View Full Version : Seekers of the four corners

NM020110
2010-06-27, 01:51 PM
You have each been contacted with an offer, which would result in your gaining two wishes. The conditions of the offer were to be explained later. Accepting, you are teleported to a fairly large city that seems to hang in an indeterminably large space. You are told to prepare yourself and head to an inn, where you will meet your potential "allies" in nine hours. For now you have been offered secure lodging and any minor services you wish to obtain.

Ella
2010-06-27, 02:21 PM
Ainor, formerly of the noble house of Valparine shook off her lightweight gown, while teleportation didn't cause dust necessarily one could never be too concerned about making a good impression.

The gold in her purse jingled softly, as she walked and her lack of a goal hurt, it hurt real bad. She hadn't heard a report of a rescue needing to be performed in over a week, without a mission she was lost.

Sometimes she still considered what her father would say about her path, would he still really be so angry, she wasn't entirely sure and it was not entirely important anymore she had after all found herself a new family of a kind.

She climbs back up onto the back of her noble mount and sets him trotting towards an apothecary.

Nanoblack
2010-06-27, 02:48 PM
A cloaked figure of substantial stature is whisked into being on a busy street corner. No details can be seen, but as the person strides toward whatever its destination may be, it becomes noticeably more frail looking and much thinner.

I call DarkGreen for his color!
This may be my only chance at freedom...

Malakar
2010-06-27, 02:52 PM
Valafar makes his way to the inn, and awaits the introduction of others.

(Will be talking and thinking (special none private thoughts) in Red)

DM only:
Valafar finds an out of the way place to slip into the ground, and waits directly underneath the inn floor, getting a sense for the people inside with his special senses.

What is the inn floor made of?

NM020110
2010-06-27, 03:09 PM
Ainor
You find an apothecary. Though is looks somewhat rundown, you notice that it is very well ordered, with no dust anywhere
Nanoblack
You move to wherever you are moving.
Valafar
You arrive at the inn. As you walk inside you notice that the inn is empty except for the barkeeper, who is staring at the door. He does not notice you. You slide through the wooden floorboards as if they were stone.

Nanoblack
2010-06-27, 03:16 PM
DM:He finds a nice spot across the street from the tavern where he can get a clear view of who goes in and out.

Ella
2010-06-27, 03:19 PM
Ainor approaches the apothecary, walking slowly looking around herself in her hand she holds a couple of hairs from her mount.

"Kobold eggs, do you have any?" she inquires.

NM020110
2010-06-27, 03:39 PM
Nanoblack
Make a hide check, you get a +10 bonus and may take ten

Ella
"Certainly", as three kobold eggs float towards you.

Nanoblack
2010-06-27, 03:41 PM
DM:[roll0]

Ella
2010-06-27, 03:41 PM
"Wonderful, however that isn't enough of them, I need a great many, you see my father the Lord Valparine is planning to reopen a few abandoned mines and intends to use forced scaly labour, could you tell me where I could acquire more?"

Malakar
2010-06-27, 03:51 PM
Dm only:I meant a quite place outside the inn. and then come in underneath.

Also, I can`t slide through wood, unless that was your way of telling me that the wood was an illusion, or just stone that looks like wood.

NM020110
2010-06-27, 04:06 PM
Nanoblack
Sorry, that was supposed to be for Malakar...
Ella
"You'll want to visit the hatchery, then. I'll set the circle to take you there." The store owner opens a door in back, motions for you to follow, then turns to a key pad to type in a series of numbers. After that, a circle of teleportation springs to life in the next room.
Malakar
Accidentally misdirected my instructions. You'll need to make a hide check to go underground unobserved (you get a +10 bonus). Make of the wood what you will.

Ella
2010-06-27, 04:10 PM
Ainor rubs her hands together softly and follow the shopkeeper through to the circle of teleportation.

Malakar
2010-06-27, 05:10 PM
DM:When I said "find someplace out of the way" I meant to find someplace like a back alley where no one is present and so no one could have line of sight on me. But if someone is going to be see me, I guess now is time to discuss disguise.

Not sure if you want to allow me to take 10 or not, and if not, I guess you have to roll to keep result hidden from me, but basically, I will be using my Change Shape to hide all my fiendish physical traits as per that section of the rules, and take the form of a Darfellan (shark people from Stormwrack). So with magical bonus to disguise, that's +30 to the check.

So my description would be a buff Darfellan wearing a cloak and chain shirt, with a buckler on arm, and carrying a Scythe in one hand like a walking stick.

That out of the way, [roll0]

NM020110
2010-06-27, 05:45 PM
Ella

You step through the circle to find yourself in a slightly moist, well lit cave. There is a rack with five suits on it. A sign above the rack advises putting a suit on to avoid drawing notice inside the hatchery, as that could disrupt the process. Other than a door leading to the hatchery and the suit rack the room is empty.

Malakar
I'll make that roll when and if it comes up. As for the hiding...you find a secluded back ally and move underground, and move underneath the in through the stone foundations. Approximately where you believe the inn to be, you find a large cellar. There is enough stone between the ceiling of the cellar and the floor of the inn to hide in.

Malakar
2010-06-27, 05:49 PM
DMWill use Stone Tell to ask the walls/floor/ceiling of the cellar asking about how often/how many creatures use them, and what information they can provide about the creatures in general.

NM020110
2010-06-27, 06:01 PM
Malakar
No-one has touched or otherwise used the stone.

Ella
2010-06-27, 06:26 PM
Ainor slips on one of the suits, it feels tight and almost claustrophobic to be so dressed, back in her village she never wore more than a plain slip, perhaps with some locally mined jewelry, amber was one of her favorites.

She cannot contain her curiousity, "are the eggs actually viable?"

NM020110
2010-06-27, 06:47 PM
Ella
As you slip on the suit, you find that though you can talk, it doesn't make any noise. Additionally, you cannot see yourself. You gain the following effect: Invisibility, Personal silence (does not effect spells with verbal components), and an at will mindlink effect (duration of concentration, ML 1). Basically you can't be seen or heard but can communicate telepathically.

Ella
2010-06-27, 06:52 PM
Ainor quietly follows along, looking carefully around herself.

Malakar
2010-06-27, 06:57 PM
DMEver? not even to build the basement?

NM020110
2010-06-27, 07:19 PM
Ella
The storekeeper didn't follow you through.
Malakar
That is correct.

Ella
2010-06-27, 07:23 PM
Ainor considers her options carefully, while she could eliminate the apothecary and save some of the eggs, she had not the means to remove them all unnoticed and her business would keep her busy by the sounds of it, but she makes a mental note that she will punish the merchant and his supplier for any misery she finds in the hatchery.

Show me some eggs please

any check I need to take?

Malakar
2010-06-27, 07:36 PM
DM:Valafar returns out whatever alley way he came in, and heads into the Inn proper, before taking a seat in a corner somewhere.

NM020110
2010-06-27, 07:58 PM
Ella

You step through the door into what looks to be a large system of caves. Inside the caves, kobolds are living in as close an approximation of the typical cave system imaginable. Their food is carried in by unseen servants, and about 65% of the eggs are removed by the same. Occasionally, when a cave becomes overpopulated, a deep slumber spell is cast on the cave. Unseen servants then come and remove some of the population and place them in another cave, so that crowding does not become an issue.

Malakar

As you enter the inn, the innkeeper asks if there is anything that he can get for you.

Ella
2010-06-27, 08:07 PM
This is intriguing, such a pain free system of producing kobolds, do they ever suffer?

Ainor feels her eyes open in a sense the ability of these people to create so many kobolds while impossible with her plans was not as wrong as other kobold egg hatcheries she had come across.

I would like a viable egg, to see that they meet my criteria and then we can debate the larger order thank you.

She starts to walk back to the entrance of the cave.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-28, 09:20 AM
Euclid walks into the bar, looking more than a bit confused about the strange message that had been taped to the front of his home.

"Uryyb? V jnf gbyq gb pbzr urer..." He asks, looking around.

NM020110
2010-06-28, 10:08 AM
Ella
You make you way back to the chamber you arrived in. Just next to the door you came in through, you see another door. It is labeled "egg repository", and has a handwritten note on it stating that you may take as many as you wish to carry.
The-Mage-King
As you walk in to the inn, the bartender says "Nu, nabgure bar. Pna V trg lbh nalgyvat?" Also, make a spot check.
Malakar
A man, about 5'10" with golden hair walks through the door and says something to the bartender in an odd tongue. The bartender replies in the same language.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-28, 10:14 AM
"Hu, V unir ab zbarl. Jbhyq vg or cbffvoyr gb n gno?" The man asks, looking at the bartender with a relieved expression on his face.

Spot: [roll0]

Ella
2010-06-28, 10:23 AM
Ainor slips into the room, picking up two eggs, carrying them carefully as if they were as valuable as gold she returns to the portal, prepared to leave and move on to the final stage of negotiations.

NM020110
2010-06-28, 10:30 AM
The-Mage-King
"Npghnyyl, V jnf gbyq gb cebivqr rirelguvat serr bs punetr." in a corner, you see a well-muscled Darfellan in chain mail. It has a scythe laid to the side but in easy reach.

Ella
You take two of the thousands of eggs in the room, and return to the teleportation room. The circle is inactive, and a well lit sign above the circle advises you to remove the suit.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-28, 10:50 AM
"Jryy, gura, V'yy unir na nay. N pbyq bar, vs lbh unir vg." The man says, before walking over to the Darfelian.

"Unvy! V fhccbfr gung lbh ner gur urer sbd gur fnzr ernfba nf V..."

Nanoblack
2010-06-28, 10:57 AM
Seeing a second person enter the bar has piqued his curiosity, so he calmly approaches the door and enters. He makes eye contact with the bartender then sits down, away from the other patrons.

Ella
2010-06-28, 11:15 AM
Ainor places the eggs gently removing the suit, with a touch of regret such a thing could come in quite handy however it was not to be, or at least not be yet.

Having removed the suit she picks up the two eggs and walks into the portal.

Malakar
2010-06-28, 11:46 AM
Sorry Friend, don't speak that tongue. Can I help you?

The-Mage-King
2010-06-28, 11:51 AM
"Cvgl... >Do you speak Draconic?< Be... <Or Elven?>" The man asks in reply, not understanding the first response.

Malakar
2010-06-28, 12:33 PM
Do you not speak the most common tongue of people?

OOC: MageKingDoes your character not speak common at all? That... Could get annoying.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-28, 12:43 PM
Do you not speak the most common tongue of people?

OOC: MageKingDoes your character not speak common at all? That... Could get annoying.

"Qnza." He mutters, turning back to the bartender.

"Url! Pbhyq lbh genafynfr sbe zr?"

OoC: Malakar.
Fluff reasons. He only speaks four languages, three of which were not likely to change over the time between his... indisposition, and the current time.

Malakar
2010-06-28, 12:47 PM
OOCUh... what the? It's common. Everyone knows common by default. And common doesn't change any more or less than any other language. I mean, it's not like someone who spoke English 1300 years ago wouldn't be able to speak english somewhat, and english has changed more in the last 1300 years than Common would in any amount of time, since common is a universal, and so can't change based on region.

Malakar
2010-06-29, 02:00 PM
So... Mage King and I are not talking to each other because we don't speak the same language.

Any one else want to come in and translate or something?

NM020110
2010-06-29, 02:27 PM
You are allowed to request "minor favors".

Ella
2010-06-29, 02:33 PM
Am I though the portal? Paying for eggs perhaps?

Malakar
2010-07-02, 09:38 AM
bump? for great campaign

Nanoblack
2010-07-03, 09:16 AM
You notice that the cloaked figure in the corner is watching both of you quite closely. Every so often the cloak seems to shift and wrinkle without him moving.

NM020110
2010-07-04, 12:49 PM
Ella
As you step through the portal, the store owner turns around and looks at the eggs as if surprised. "Only two? They'll be 5 GP each."

Malakar
Thank you for the bump.

Nanoblack
You see little un-expected about them, aside from the language

All
An old man in a blue, gold embossed robe smelling of various things steps into the room, leaning on a gnarled staff. He looks around, and takes a seat in about the center towards the left side

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 12:56 PM
DM:He's going to attempt to listen in on the robed man if anyone approaches. [roll0]

NM020110
2010-07-04, 01:01 PM
Nanoblack
No one approaches the man immediately, but you do here him mumbling to himself rather loudly. He says "Blasted thing, sick some kind of gray fog on me and lands me in some kind of sick arena...and now I'm made to come to who knows where to do who knows what..." His grumbling is incessant, and continues in that same way for some time

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 01:06 PM
He calmly stands up and approaches the darfellan. "It seems we were sent here for a similar purpose. Do you know what we're supposed to do now that we're here?"

Ella
2010-07-04, 01:42 PM
Ainor reaches into her purse pulling out 10 gold coins, she feels them clanking against each other softly in her hand. She puts them on the counter before holding out the hairs from her mounts tail.

"Unicorn hair, a gift from me to you." With that she turns and leaves the store, when she reaches her mount she places the eggs in the saddlebags and starts her ride up towards the tavern she was meant to be meeting her potential allies.

Malakar
2010-07-04, 01:45 PM
The Darfellan grabs his large Scythe and stands up, tall and muscular, a third eye opens in his forehead, as his hood falls down around his shoulders. The eye appears to be a magical item with a fierce glare, shifting every few seconds attached to a simple red cloth headband.

Other than that, he stands with a black cloak flowing off his shoulders, with cut outs for his bare arms, and his legs stick out the bottom, also bare, but ending in a pair of large boots, made of stone and yet seemingly mobile.

"In my experience, it's usually to smash some heads. Or to lay some bricks, but you fellas don't look like the brick laying kind."

His voice is gruff and deep, and he smiles a row full of pointed teeth as he finishes.

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 02:35 PM
The cloaked figure maintains an effort to hide his features while speaking to you. "It would seem so."

The-Mage-King
2010-07-04, 02:37 PM
The human looks annoyed, seeing that he can tell what's going on.

"Jung gur uryy? Jul qbrf ab-nar- bugre guna gur onegraqre- haqrefgnaq zr?" He mutters, before taking an empty hilt off his left side and moving back to the bar, keeping an eye on the discussion.

Note, please, that I am being extremely detailed in my work. Anyway... I sense that the plot will get started. Excellent... All will proceed according to plan...

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 03:06 PM
He looks toward the strange man sitting at the counter."Thats an odd tongue you speak. Parlez-vous Elven? Sprechen sie Dwarven?"

Im just assuming elven is french and dwarven is german :smallbiggrin:

The-Mage-King
2010-07-04, 03:12 PM
"<Ah! Someone who speaks Elven! Finally!>" The human replies, putting the hilt back onto his side. "<Are you also here for the job?>"

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 03:13 PM
"I am indeed. I also believe the other patrons here may be as well."

The-Mage-King
2010-07-04, 03:22 PM
"<Then allow me to introduce myself- I am a mighty warrior, trained in deadly arts. I am a scholar of the world's secrets. My name... Is Euclid.>" Euclid says, nodding to cloaked figure. "<And you?>"

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 04:09 PM
"You may call me Yog. My abilities will be made known when necessary. Let us gather the others and get this under way."

Malakar
2010-07-04, 08:04 PM
"Oh goody, a translator. Now I won't have to accidentally chop your head off because you are insulting my mother."

Turning to the cloaked figure, he nods back at the blond man.

"So is Bob here for the same reason we are?"

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 08:15 PM
He obviously doesn't seem to find any humor in your comment about decapitation, but nevertheless he continues the conversation. "His name is Euclid. He says he is here for the job as well."

The-Mage-King
2010-07-04, 08:20 PM
"<Uh, what did he say? I understood something about 'mother'...>" Elucid asks, looking at the new translator.

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 08:22 PM
"He misunderstood your ignorance of the local language as an insult to his mother. I corrected him so the matter is settled. He also seems to be here for this job."

The-Mage-King
2010-07-04, 08:26 PM
"<So, he wasn't insulting my mother? Good to know that I won't have to kill him.>" The human responds, his hand moving away from the hilt.

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 08:31 PM
His eyes narrowed for a moment as your hand drifted near your weapon. "We would be best served to not cull our group before we even know what we are doing here."

He glances once more in the old mans direction. Perhaps he will know more on this matter...

NM020110
2010-07-04, 09:05 PM
All
A very large person hefting a fullblade steps in and shouts for ale. In his shadow is a gnome who's eyes have a decided blue glow (make a spellcraft check).

OOC
It seems that the "problem" has resolved itself.

Ella
2010-07-04, 09:52 PM
Ainor dismounts upon reaching the tavern, she doesn't worry about tying her mount to a pole, because she knows he will wait for her, no matter how long it takes.

Walking into the place she looks around at the various people inside, she heads towards the weird looking assortment of people, and approaches them silently.

No spellcraft on my character :P

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 10:39 PM
When he hears the door open, Yog turns his head in your direction; watching you as you approach.

Ella
2010-07-04, 11:21 PM
Ainor makes eye contact with Yog, puzzled by his appearance, she tries to gaze through him, imagining what may lie under such a cloak, she approaches him slowly.

"So tell me, have you figured out what we are called here for?"

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 11:30 PM
"Assuming this is everyone; we should find out soon."

He breaks away from the group and approaches the old man sitting by himself and mumbling. "Are you here for the job as well?"

Ella
2010-07-04, 11:36 PM
"If the idea of two wishes wasn't so useful I would never have left home. I am Ainor, daughter of Lord Valparine and it is a pleasure to meet you."

She extends her hand towards him.

NM020110
2010-07-04, 11:38 PM
All
A clear voice rings out through the inn, with no discernible source. "It seems that only a few declined the invitation. There was going to be a large reward, but it seems that will not be possible with so many..."

Though combat has not yet started (and may still be avoided), it would be prudent to start rolling initiative...

Nanoblack
2010-07-04, 11:38 PM
He hesitates for a moment while looking at her hand then back to her face. "Forgive me if I seem rude but it would be best if I didn't." He stands there awaiting the old mans answer.

Ella
2010-07-04, 11:47 PM
"I don't understand, but accept." she responds to the cloaked figure.

The booming voice suprises her, and she slowly moves backwards towards the nearest wall calling out into the room "I accepted your offer, now show yourself."

initiative[roll0]

Malakar
2010-07-05, 12:14 AM
Before Loud Voice:

"Welcome to the party newcomers. Any funny languages to add to the problem?"

Some rolls for DM: Spellcraft for the Arcane Sight[roll0]
Init [roll1]

Ella
2010-07-05, 01:12 AM
"I may be able to solve your language problems." Ainor responds. "That is if you need someone who can speak draconic, after all it is all part of a rounded education."

She bumps into a wall and stops backing up. "Please show yourself."

Nanoblack
2010-07-05, 01:15 AM
Yog watches for the reaction of the bartender and the old man.

Initiative:[roll0]

NM020110
2010-07-05, 09:10 AM
Order appears to be (opponents which have not yet been seen/detected are not listed):
Malakar (22)
The old man (21)
Nanoblack (19)
Gnome with glowing eyes (19)
Large man with fullblade (7)
Ella (5)

I don't seem to have Mage-King's character sheet, so he gets a [roll0].

The old man is quickly on his feet and casts the staff away.
The bartender sits down and pours himself a drink.

Nanoblack
2010-07-05, 09:29 AM
DM only:How high is the ceiling? Are there any places to hide in here; especially towards the ceiling (Ex: Rafters...ect.)? If so would it be possible for me to swiftly hide if violence breaks out? Also does it feel like there's any hollow space underneath the floorboards, enough for him to fit?

NM020110
2010-07-05, 09:49 AM
Nanoblack:
The floorboards have no gap in between them. The ceiling is mostly solid, but there are a few holes where you could slip through. The ceiling is ten feet up. Also, thank you for suggesting the Naruto D20 game.

Nanoblack
2010-07-05, 09:56 AM
DM only:Well my plan was to either hide in the ceiling or use acid to melt through the floorboards. Whenever I walked across them did it fee like there's a solid foundation directly beneath it? I plan on using my reach to snag someone if a fight breaks out.

NM020110
2010-07-05, 10:08 AM
Nanoblack
There is a large hollow space approximately three feet down.

Malakar
2010-07-05, 10:51 AM
Reacting to the sudden violence in the others eyes, the Darfellen punches the ground in front of him with a great deal of force, and suddenly, ground shoots up through the floorboards forming into a massive stone wall in front of him, and blocking him off from the impending battle.

DM:No components means no spellcraft, and create a wall of stone as high as the ceiling that blocks me off from everyone, as thick as I have both room and stone for.

Then I "5ft step" down 5ft, so I'll still be half in and half out of the floor.

NM020110
2010-07-05, 11:47 AM
Malakar
Nothing stops the action. You sink into the floor.

The Mage King had a +7 initiative bonus, and so is going first...

Nanoblack
2010-07-05, 02:49 PM
Alarmed by the sudden appearance of a column of stone, Yog leaps through a gap in the ceiling and disappears.

DM:He has 10ft reach but if a jump check is necessary:[roll0]

NM020110
2010-07-06, 01:03 PM
Combat so far:

The-Mage-King hasn't posted an action...
Malakar made a stone wall.
The old man pulls out a spiked chain and removes his hat of disguise, revealing an overlarge dwarf.
Nanoblack disappears into the ceiling.
An orb of fire(spellcraft check) streaks out from just below the ceiling and hits the warrior.
The gnome casts invisibility (make a spellcraft check to identify it).
The warrior quaffs a potion and turns invisible.
It is Ella's turn.

Ella
2010-07-06, 01:19 PM
Ainor realises that this is perhaps not the best time to battle, her mount is outside and she herself is caught unprepared, she casts a sanctuary around herself.

Concentration:[roll0]

Malakar
2010-07-06, 01:46 PM
Assuming Mage Kings two actions that occur before my next action don't involve him preventing me from summoning the wall or breaching the wall in a single turn:

DM:Behind the wall, I create a Blade Barrier along the inside of the wall, and then sink the rest of the way into the ground.

The-Mage-King
2010-07-06, 04:16 PM
((OoC: Odd. I could have sworn I posted... Oh well. Action time.)

Elucid groans as the fight starts, and heads towards the bar itself.

"<So long as no one attacks me, I'll leave you be.>" He says in Draconic, sitting down to watch the brewing fight.

Malakar
2010-07-07, 08:26 PM
Mage King, that looks to be a perfectly good first action, but you still go first in Init, so it's still your turn, and as far as I can tell, in the first round, somebody shot an orb of fire at you. (Though my character can't tell, because he was hiding behind a wall at the time.)

NM020110
2010-07-07, 09:25 PM
Warrior referring to the large person with the fullblade.

Malakar's second action was just finished when the voice once again cuts through the air: "I seems that most of you will be fit for this task." A gate opens covering the entrance the inn. "If you are ready to receive your task, then step through this portal one at a time. And as for our pixie friend here..."

Make a listen check (DC 5) to hear an unnatural grating sound.

Nanoblack
2010-07-07, 09:34 PM
Yog peers through the hole in the ceiling. Listen:[roll0]

Malakar
2010-07-07, 09:44 PM
DM:Will dismiss Blade Barrier, then shape stone the wall to make it look like I am punching out a big chunk of it.

In about two rounds, a big chunk of the stone wall comes out of the wall and falls to the ground. And the Darfellan walks calmly out of the whole he created.

Ella
2010-07-07, 09:47 PM
"<Athenoth, we are going through the portal meet me just inside it.>" Ainor barks out in draconic.

She leaves the sanctuary spell up, it was like a pact they would not attempt to do violence to her, and she would return the favour, she walks out into the portal, just after her mount.

NM020110
2010-07-07, 10:07 PM
Yog
In addition to hearing the grating sound, you hear a low voice saying welcome home.... Furthermore, since you are in the ceiling you can see small chunks of pixie appearing as they are torn off the invisible creature. They seem to be chewed for a short time and then they disappear.

Malakar
As you step out of the stone wall you see a closing portal, and a voice informs you that someone is inside already

Ella
You step into the portal with your mount just behind you. You step through into a stone cave which is fairly spacious. There is a thirty foot diameter pool in the center, and there does not appear to be any exits. Your mount does not appear. Though the floor appears to be stone, it is soft and squishy. On the far side of the pool an indeterminate number of vermin congregate from seemingly nowhere to form a large creature. It speaks with the same voice that rang out twice within the inn: "Why have you come here?"

Ella
2010-07-07, 10:22 PM
"Two wishes, I believe was your offer. I have things I can't do by conventional means and I hear you are offering wishes for services rendered." Ainor looks around, trying to figure out where Athenoth went.

"Now where is my friend?"

Nanoblack
2010-07-07, 10:22 PM
DM:He stares hard into the darkness, eyes wide, trying to see what killed the pixie. The Voice?.. it can't be...

Did the voice have a source? Are there any signs of a creature being up there with me other than the dead pixie?

Malakar
2010-07-07, 10:34 PM
I wait for the portal to open again.

NM020110
2010-07-07, 10:35 PM
Ella
"Your friend will be waiting for you when you return. As for the reward you are indeed correct. My price is quite simple: there is a fairly large village holding a piece of an artifact in which I have great interest. Your task will be to destabilize this village and draw away its warriors so my agents can retrieve the artifact. For this service, you will receive one wish. After you have proven yourself with this task, I will give you the second part of my price."

Nanoblack
The voice is coming from where the pixie is being eaten. Aside from the chunks disappearing from the pixie, there is no sign of anything else in the ceiling. Also, judging by the fact that the pixie is still invisible, it is still alive.

Malakar
You successfully wait.

Nanoblack
2010-07-07, 10:43 PM
DM:His eyes narrow at the invisible creature but Yog know better than to start unnecessary fights. Yog hops back down with everyone else and waits for the portal to reopen.

NM020110
2010-07-07, 10:46 PM
Everyone but Ella:
Shortly after Nanoblack comes down from the ceiling a loud belch can be heard from above.

Ella
2010-07-07, 10:50 PM
"Give me some background on the village, whats the build, humans? I can see why you would select me for such a task. How many people are there within it?" Ainor pauses to consider the situation.

"I accept your offer, and will complete my part of the bargain."

Malakar
2010-07-07, 10:59 PM
DM: Does successfully waiting mean that a new portal opened?

NM020110
2010-07-07, 11:40 PM
Ella
"It was originally Dwarven and is built as such. Sigil has, however, opened a portal in the town. There are approximately five-thousand permanent residents, with travelers passing through occasionally. The main military force is about 1500 strong, and they are well trained. There is an elite guard as well, who's numbers I do not know. I feel that you will do well." The gate reopens.

Malakar
The portal reopens and Ainor steps through, looking somewhat shaken but smiling to herself.

Malakar
2010-07-07, 11:49 PM
The Darfellan twirls his scythe and walks through.

Ella
2010-07-08, 12:00 AM
"Expect to hear from me soon, I shouldn't take too long." Ainor calls back to him and she steps through the portal.

Upon reaching the other side her eyes search eagerly for Athenoth could be.

NM020110
2010-07-08, 12:28 AM
Ella:
You step through the gate, turn around, and find your mount.

Malakar

You step through into a stone cave which is fairly spacious. There is a thirty foot diameter pool in the center, and there does not appear to be any exits. Though the floor appears to be stone, it is soft and squishy. On the far side of the pool a mass of vermin drops from the ceiling and rises up into the form of a large humanoid. The voice from the bar cuts through the air "Why have you come?"

Ella
2010-07-08, 12:58 AM
"Aww are you alright boy, nothing bad happened to you did it. They didn't try to put you to work did they awwww." Ainor clucks and coos over her pet while she brushes him down, looking around to get her bearings back.

OOC: everyone gets the same mission?

NM020110
2010-07-08, 01:01 AM
OOC: I'm leaving it to the honor system that you not act on reading the other players instructions. Preferably, you don't read them, but I'll settle for not acting on them.

Malakar
2010-07-08, 05:00 AM
DM:I would also like no one to read my spoilers for the DM, as I intend to keep some of my abilities secret by deception. So stop reading them if you see this.

Anyway, to the vermin cloud:

"I didn't have anything better to do on a Wednesday. And I like power."

NM020110
2010-07-08, 09:29 AM
Malakar
"And your price for the services I will request of you?"

The-Mage-King
2010-07-08, 09:39 AM
Seeing the portal, Elucid raises his eyebrow.

"<Hm... Haven't seen one of those in a while...>" He says in Draconic, standing up and walking towards it.

Malakar
2010-07-08, 09:41 AM
"Well that depends entirely on the services you request from me, but my expertise does come at considerable cost. One wish up front certainly can't go amiss against the significant requests you will probably be making of me."

OOC: Basically, Wish up front for +1 to Cha, which of course, doesn't actually do anything mechanically until level 12 or when I get a second wish. But it allows my character to have negotiated for a significant up front fee, and therefore feel super special.

NM020110
2010-07-08, 09:47 AM
The-Mage-King
You walk up to the doorway, ready to enter the portal.

Malakar

"That is...reasonable. What would you wish for?"
OOC: Sorry, but wishes made in OOC probably won't be granted...if you try it in character someone might actually be able to hear you.

The-Mage-King
2010-07-08, 10:11 AM
Stepping through, Elucid looks around.

"Uryyb? Nalbar urer?"

Malakar
2010-07-08, 12:38 PM
DM:OOC: The description of what I was wishing for was to make it reasonable, since I'm sure if I told you I was going to wish for a ring of three wishes, that would not go over so well, and he probably wouldn't agree to pre grant me a wish. It wasn't an actual wish itself.

As for making wishes in character, I don't know how you expect that to occur, since the Wish spell explicitly grants a bunch of metagame bonuses that have no in character comparison. I mean... It grants a +1 bonus to Charisma, that's not an actual thing someone can talk about.

NM020110
2010-07-08, 01:10 PM
The-Mage-King

OOC: Since Malakar is inside the portal at the moment, I'll say you go in afterwards and we'll actually play through it now.
IC: You arrive in a fairly large cave. Though the floor appears to be stone it is soft and squishy. Your question throws no echo, for some reason. A mass of vermin congregates on the far side of the pool and assumes the form of a large humanoid. "Why have you come?"

Malakar

"Very well, I shall bolster your force of personality." You hear a grinding sound that seems to have no point or points of origin, and gain one point of charisma. "Now, are you ready to hear your tasks?

Nanoblack
2010-07-08, 01:19 PM
DM:Actually if it were possible, could I do my portal jaunt now? I'm able to be online for the next 30-45 minutes but I'm going to be missing for the rest of the day.

NM020110
2010-07-08, 01:44 PM
Nanoblack
You step through the portal into a large cave with a thirty foot diameter pool in the middle. Though the floor appears to be stone, it is soft and squishy. Something seems...familiar about this place. A large mass of vermin coalesce into a large humanoid on the other side of the pool. It asks "Why have you come?"

Nanoblack
2010-07-08, 01:46 PM
DM:He stops at the edge of the pool. "Freedom."

NM020110
2010-07-08, 01:51 PM
Nanoblack
The creature looks at you with a new comprehension. "I believe I can do that. Though I must ask, do you know where you are?"

Nanoblack
2010-07-08, 01:56 PM
DM:A realization begins to creep up his spine and his eyes widen. "What is your name?"

NM020110
2010-07-08, 02:03 PM
Nanoblack
"My name was lost to me when I was trapped here...I can assure you, however, that I am not the source of the voice."

Nanoblack
2010-07-08, 02:05 PM
DM:His heart rate begins to slow back to normal. "You know much about my past. Where am I?" He gestures to his surroundings.

Malakar
2010-07-08, 02:27 PM
"Certainly, I've been looking forward to having something to do."

NM020110
2010-07-08, 02:28 PM
Nanoblack
The mass looks pained as a great cacophony of voices begins to build, seeming to emanate from beyond the caves walls. Under their onslaught the cave begins to bend and deform until the mass bellows in some strange language. The cave returns to normal, save for the top of it being gone. A face that has haunted your dreams many times stares down through the hole. It says, in unison with the Voice, "Welcome home, little one." The mass speaks almost over the top of the entity, saying that it is forbidden act on you. The cave then reforms, and the Voice is silent once more.

Malakar

"You are called upon to establish a fortress for me, underneath a dwarven village. Once the fortress is completed, you are to activate this." <A small cube is tossed by the figure and lands squarely in your hand> " This underground fortress should be connected to the city at some point. I have two notes of caution for you, however. First: Do not, under any circumstances, activate that cube before the time has come. Secondly: If you wish to survive to collect your reward, you should probably leave the fortress after activating it. Do this, and you will have earned your first wish.

Nanoblack
2010-07-08, 02:33 PM
DM:He heart is now threatening to beat itself out of his chest. "What will you have me do in exchange for the wish?"

NM020110
2010-07-08, 02:42 PM
Nanoblack

"First, I would have you calm down a little. Secondly, I would have you go to a village, and gather information. It is a dwarven village which is sequestering an artifact. It is guarded by a small, elite force, on which I have almost no information. Use this <tosses a small cylinder> to contact my agent when you have this information. If possible, try to eliminate some of the guard. That will give you one wish. The second...will come later."

Malakar
2010-07-08, 02:43 PM
DM: "Very well then. And where can I find this Dwarven Village, and how shall we come into contact once this task is completed?"

Nanoblack
2010-07-08, 02:45 PM
DM:"Is there anything else you would have me do? I am capable of much."

The-Mage-King
2010-07-08, 07:29 PM
DM:
"Cbjre. Yvzvgyrff cbjre."

Ella
2010-07-09, 12:14 AM
Ainor leans up against her pet unicorns neck, holding tight, she whispers softly into his ear. "To the nearest village, fast as you can manage."

OOC: Will wait for the others to finish before I continue :)

NM020110
2010-07-10, 09:10 PM
Malakar
"You will be given a guide to the village upon leaving here. As for contacting me in an emergency, use this." <you are thrown a small cylinder> I will know when the task is complete

Nanoblack
"Try to make sure that your "allies" don't kill each other too soon. I anticipate that you will be rather busy with the guards, however."

The-Mage-King
<in draconic> "That can be arranged, for a price. Are you prepared to pay it?"

Ella
You remember that the town your are currently in is hanging in a void...

The-Mage-King
2010-07-10, 09:11 PM
DM:"<And that price is?>"

Nanoblack
2010-07-10, 09:15 PM
DM:"As you wish. Where might I find this town?"

Malakar
2010-07-11, 09:40 AM
The Darfellan steps out of the Portal, and heads outside.

NM020110
2010-07-11, 02:53 PM
The-Mage-King
There is a small dwarven village which holds an artifact of some importance to me. Within that village is a portal to Sigil. I want you to aid in destabilizing that village. This is your secondary task. Primarily, you are to see to it that observers from Sigil are in the city when the time comes.

Nanoblack
You will be taken to a place somewhat near the city. Once there you will be given a guide.

Malakar
As you step out, you are advised to take a few hours to prepare yourself.

Ella
You hear the advice that the innkeeper gives to Malakar: "Take a few hours to prepare yourself."

The-Mage-King
2010-07-11, 02:57 PM
DM:

"<So... I am to lure or convince Sigilian natives to arrive at that village, while causing what disruption I can in the village? That sounds easy enough. What is the time frame for this?>"

NM020110
2010-07-11, 03:00 PM
The-Mage-King
"That...is variable. It could take as little as a month, or as long as two years. One piece of advice, though...do not attack the residents of Sigil. Do this, and you shall have the resources which you desire."

Malakar
2010-07-11, 04:24 PM
The Darfellan laughs, saying "I need no time to prepare. I am always ready."

Nanoblack
2010-07-11, 06:26 PM
DM:He retreats out of the portal and scans the room for this "guide".

NM020110
2010-07-13, 01:13 PM
Nanoblack
You see no-one but the bartender.

Nanoblack
2010-07-14, 12:01 PM
Yog approaches the bartender. "Where is the guide I was promised?"

Ella
2010-07-15, 12:38 AM
Ainor dismounts from the back of her pet unicorn, and looks around to see if there is anything unusual she can see before heading back inside.

Are you rolling all spots?

NM020110
2010-07-16, 08:12 PM
Nanoblack
The bartender replies that he will be the guide, when everyone is ready.

Ella
Nothing too unusual outside. I'll ask for spot checks where appropriate.

Ella
2010-07-16, 09:29 PM
Ainor wonders back into the taven and sits down at the bar.

"So how about them portals?" she asks the barkeep. "And I will take a glass of spiced wine as I wait."

NM020110
2010-07-19, 09:59 AM
Ella
"Here is your wine. After everyone is finished receiving their tasks, you will be given a few hours to prepare."

Ella
2010-07-19, 10:09 AM
"So what can you tell then, while I drink alone at the bar do you perhaps have some cheery words to share?" Ainor smiles at the barkeep as she accepts the glass of wine.

Nanoblack
2010-07-23, 07:22 PM
"I am eager to begin. Time is wasting." He stands near the door keeping his watchful eye on any who acted harshly when the pillar first erupted.

NM020110
2010-07-28, 09:29 PM
<pokes The-Mage-King> Are you there?

"We will begin as soon as everyone has received their instructions."

The-Mage-King
2010-07-29, 08:49 AM
DM
">Hm... Acceptable.<" Elucid responds, turning towards the exit.

">I'll take my leave.<"

OoC: Sorry. Haven't had much internet time lately...

NM020110
2010-08-05, 01:37 PM
"You have all received your tasks. If you have any requests for equipment, make them now."

Malakar
2010-08-05, 07:32 PM
"A Wand of Lessor Vigor."

The-Mage-King
2010-08-07, 12:11 PM
"Fbzr tbyq."

NM020110
2010-08-14, 12:13 AM
"Very well, here is your wand. How much gold did you need?"

Malakar
2010-08-14, 06:49 AM
"None, let us be off."

The-Mage-King
2010-08-14, 06:59 AM
Elucid glares at the person who spoke.

"Rkfcrafrf. V unira'g zbirq va gra prahevrf. Iung jnf yrsg vf jbeguyrff..."

Ella
2010-08-14, 08:05 AM
"I am ready to go, prepared as I will ever be." Ainor responds, having considered he needs carefully.

Nanoblack
2010-08-21, 12:41 PM
OOC:If this game doesn't start picking up, I think I'm going to have to drop out. :smallfrown: