PDA

View Full Version : Most evil thing you've done

Marriclay
2010-06-27, 09:21 PM
Most of the time we play as good aligned characters, regardless of the system at our disposal. That's fine, since almost every game is geared specifically towards that, and those that aren't are generally neutral on that account. But of course, we all devolve into our malicious side sometimes. Every once in a while we indulge in that base instinct of "Rip, slaughter, destroy" and do something that would be enough to have EVIL stamped on your forehead in permanent ink.

I'm here to ask you, Would you tell me some of those times?

I'll lead with an example of my own

Playing a half red dragon Warblade, I wound up getting myself caught up in the politics of a war. Upon finishing a great battle for the safety of the realm our party was from, my character promptly goes up to and gouges the eyes out of the enemy general, who surrendered earlier on in the session, then proceeds to carve "Failure" into his forehead using only his claws, while the general is still very much awake and everybody is looking on in horror. My character was angry because his love interest was cheating on him, and you know what Yoda says about anger.

Lhurgyof
2010-06-27, 09:38 PM
Wow, hard to top that... (Not sarcasm! D:)

The first thing that comes to mind is my Shadow Priest Ralek. He ends up gaining the assistance of the greatest shadow giant, Umbra. But in return for these services, I am to free the Warbringer Rajaat. Being relatively ignorant of who that was, I acquired Rajaat's crown and used it to disable all permanent magic effects up to that point, freeing Rajaat.

Who's Rajaat? The person that thought of all races but halflings impure, so created champions to dispose of every race but humans and halflings. (He planned to betray the humans after using them)
He also happens to be the most powerful person in the game, and unkillable.

Tinydwarfman
2010-06-27, 09:41 PM
Well there was that time with the babies, and then...

Oh you mean IN GAME!

Sorry, I always play LG characters.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-27, 09:43 PM
I'm kind of playing a Paladin right now sooo nothing. I don't plan on falling.

I did one shot a dragon without giving him a chance to surrender. That could be considered evil I guess.

I've learned from that mistake though and I'm giving the red dragon we're currently fighting several chances to turn good.

Private-Prinny
2010-06-27, 09:44 PM
Nuking random civilians with magic.:smallbiggrin:

okpokalypse
2010-06-27, 10:13 PM
How does ripping off a prisoner's own arm, healing him afterward (potion) and then beating him with his own limb to gain an intimidate bonus stand? The act was prompted by the PCs frustration with the speed and direction of questioning by the more lawful members of the group.

That was pretty recent. The most diabolic thing I'd ever done as a PC was, after saving a town from a mildly tough challenge, there was a rather significant slight towards the PC. So, at the celebration banquet - with all the most important townpeople and leaders around me - I kinda-sorta did a Sudden Expanded Blasphemy (CL 26 - bye bye everyone within 80') and left. Yeah, there was an immediate alignment-shift involved. I didn't care.

Tedesche
2010-06-27, 10:18 PM
Wasn't something I did, but a friend of mine told me about a NE beguiler NPC used by the DM in a campaign he was playing in. She had a particular fondness for using her illusions and enchantments to cause people to murder their loved ones. Apparently, in one instance, she was tasked by the BBEG to assassinate an empress. Instead of killing the target directly, she used dominate person to make her poison her lover (a male concubine), and then strangle the two children he gave her in their beds. The trauma of doing the act, being powerless to stop it, and yet having a front row seat while it happened caused her to kill herself by jumping from a 5th story window. Thing was, the beguiler was hiding in the bushes below, and stepped out when she saw the empress jump. ...So the last thing the woman saw before she died was her puppetmaster smiling up at her.

Lhurgyof
2010-06-27, 10:22 PM
Wasn't something I did, but a friend of mine told me about a NE beguiler NPC used by the DM in a campaign he was playing in. She had a particular fondness for using her illusions and enchantments to cause people to murder their loved ones. Apparently, in one instance, she was tasked by the BBEG to assassinate an empress. Instead of killing the target directly, she used dominate person to make her poison her lover (a male concubine), and then strangle the two children he gave her in their beds. The trauma of doing the act, being powerless to stop it, and yet having a front row seat while it happened caused her to kill herself by jumping from a 5th story window. Thing was, the beguiler was hiding in the bushes below, and stepped out when she saw the empress jump. ...So the last thing the woman saw before she died was her puppetmaster smiling up at her.

Wow... that's brutal.

EvilJoe15
2010-06-27, 10:32 PM
I once had a character blow up a planet just for hell of it.

The day started with my character(An Ur-theurge) preparing a contingent Celerity. Then he put up a persisted Greater Consumptive Field, and walked around a busy marketplace to boost his caster level to near epic. He then cast Major Creation with Eschew Materials. He created Anti-Osmium. That triggered his contingency, and he used that free standard action to cast plane shift to his extraplanar stronghold.

Afterwords my DM asked why my character would do that(He already knew that I'd do just about anything). I said "Just because, that planet wasn't important anyway."

Knaight
2010-06-27, 10:55 PM
That's downright epic. The assassin.

gallagher
2010-06-27, 10:59 PM
i, an evil character, found a cleric in a rich persons mansion who was torturing someone (professional torturer was my guess). i overwhelmed him, strapped him to a table, tortured him in more gruesome fashions (tiny cuts all over his body, broken fingers and toes, had him breath in misty acid) and then lit a fire underneeth the metal table and left him there gagged tied down and all. then i found the guy he was torturing who was babbling incoherently in the corner, layed him down on his front, and stomped the back of his head with a full PA

Sir_Elderberry
2010-06-27, 11:00 PM
We requested that an entire planet be bombed into the ground, preferably using bioweaons or chemical warfare so that the infrastructure would remain intact. The people on the planet were peaceful and had done nothing wrong. We were on that planet to investigate some terrorism and it turned out not to be their fault. But our investigation uncovered that the people here were hybridized with the xenos race that had originally inhabited the planet, and the government was trying to suppress this information. Our characters aren't Evil, we just play Dark Heresy.

Mastikator
2010-06-27, 11:02 PM
I was playing a cleric/wizard who worshiped Asmodeus, and my character's dad was too. I don't know the details, but some stranger tried to kill me because he thought I killed his family (I later found out my dad sacrificed them). But I used charm person to make him non hostile. Friendly even. Then I tricked him to think I was on his side, told him to close his eyes and receive a present, and shot him in the face with a crossbow.

arguskos
2010-06-27, 11:03 PM
My one truly diabolically evil character was a Necromancer who was (to put it lightly and within board rules) screwed up. He was a masochist, a sadist, a necrophiliac, and had a bizarre obsession with negative energy.

When we entered a new town, he would always slip off on his own for awhile. His actions while he was on his own? His favorite timesink was to sneak into the rooms of peasants or tavern owners, restrain them through magical means, and then use mage hand to torture them to death (dragging a serrated knife back and forth over their limbs/neck/face/whatever; slowly force-feed them poisons; you know, stuff like that). He would then animate their corpses and add them to his private army of undead. Eventually, his activities would be discovered by the locals, and there would be a showdown. Since he had been burying animated undead in town and having them wait just under the surface until his command, he would always get the upper hand on his would-be killers.

There were other things that character did (eventually genocided his own race; slaughtered something like 95% of the world's population; was generally unwholesome; etc) but the peasant torture and town destruction stands out as his favorite pastime really.

EvilElf
2010-06-27, 11:09 PM
First started out as a barroom brawl, then it escalated into a full on battle with everyone in the town. By the end of it me and two other party members had killed and burned down a small village. Orphans included in the slaughter.

Grifthin
2010-06-27, 11:20 PM
We requested that an entire planet be bombed into the ground, preferably using bioweaons or chemical warfare so that the infrastructure would remain intact. The people on the planet were peaceful and had done nothing wrong. We were on that planet to investigate some terrorism and it turned out not to be their fault. But our investigation uncovered that the people here were hybridized with the xenos race that had originally inhabited the planet, and the government was trying to suppress this information. Our characters aren't Evil, we just play Dark Heresy.

God I love this - Dark heresy - Lawful neutral ftw.

Lyndworm
2010-06-27, 11:26 PM
I've never had the chance to do something truly evil.

I played a Chaotic Evil demon once, but he was hit with some effect that reversed his alignment ans nuked his Int before he got to do anything demonic. Then the game died.

I am playing a thri-kreen who tore a live goblin apart with his bare hands. Later in the evening he ate the goblin's legs in a soup. I don't consider this truly evil because he thought that the goblin was dead when he took it apart. He was very upset for about a half second.

imperialspectre
2010-06-27, 11:49 PM
In a game I ran, one of the PCs set up an elaborate triple-cross to turn a group of CG rebels over to a (LE, if you're not familiar with Forgotten Realms) Zhentarim fortress they'd been harassing. He then tied the rebel prisoners to stakes, and put the commander of the fortress (whom the PC had deposed earlier for questioning orders he'd given) at a separate stake with combustibles piled around him.

The PC then gave the leader of the rebels (a wizard) a choice: either set the commander on fire and serve him for an arbitrary length of time, or stand there and watch the rebel prisoners shot through with arrows. The worst part? The whole thing was just set up to limit-break the wizard so the PC could get a free servant.

Me? I mostly play good characters, occasionally moving more towards neutral. All of my mass murdering activities are done for the Greater Good. ;)

AdamSmasher
2010-06-28, 12:01 AM
I would say the worst thing I ever did was wholesale slaughter most of a village and then burn the entire thing down while the survivors were trapped inside, having barred up their doors and windows upon hearing me coming. As it all burned, one little kid came out of one of the buildings. I took it, broke it, trained it for twenty years to be a killing machine during a timeskip, and used it as a cohort/guardian.

Dienekes
2010-06-28, 12:06 AM
I'm designated GM so I don't actually get to play evil PCs. My villains have done plenty atrocious things that are probably not appropriate for this board, but three as a GM that I'm particularly proud of:

Got a PC to murder his father.
Got a PC to assassinate his own son to protect a monster for political reasons.
Got the group to destroy essentially the only chance for real peace the world will have.

Forever Curious
2010-06-28, 12:12 AM

And this is why I play beguilers.

Malificus
2010-06-28, 12:13 AM
I had a character who killed people by dehydration, then used the water to drown their companions.

The closest other person was a mech pilot who mid fight, kept hitting an inferior mech with pittance shots, slowly disabling it, until all that was left was life support, and enough heat sinks, and engine to keep it from blowing up. Then I stepped on it after the fight.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-28, 12:19 AM
I usually DM, so most of my evil stuff is through NPCs.

An interesting anecdote, however:

In an Eberron game, the PCs were invited to have dinner with the mayor of Greywall, a town of monsters in Droaam. The mayor was a mind flayer. As the party sat down, the mayor brought them some foul-tasting, strange food, then called in his own 'dinner,' a restrained, squealing goblin. His thralls strapped the goblin into a strange 'table' with his head poking through the top.

The mayor then graciously offered to share the experience of eating the goblin's brain telepathically with his guests. To my astonishment, two of the PCs took up the illithid's offer.

The best part: one of the agreeing PCs was a blue, a psionic goblin. I asked the player why his character would agree to something as horrific as 'partaking' in the consumption of a still-living mind of one of his own species. He responded, 'My character seeks knowledge of all kinds for its own sake. He had never experienced eating a sentient mind, so he saw it as an opportunity for new knowledge.'

It was Eberron, so alignment is pretty 'gray.' I considered giving the blue some evil points, but it was a minor enough incident in the grand scheme of things that I let it slide.

Marriclay
2010-06-28, 12:27 AM
I usually DM, so most of my evil stuff is through NPCs.

An interesting anecdote, however:

In an Eberron game, the PCs were invited to have dinner with the mayor of Greywall, a town of monsters in Droaam. The mayor was a mind flayer. As the party sat down, the mayor brought them some foul-tasting, strange food, then called in his own 'dinner,' a restrained, squealing goblin. His thralls strapped the goblin into a strange 'table' with his head poking through the top.

The mayor then graciously offered to share the experience of eating the goblin's brain telepathically with his guests. To my astonishment, two of the PCs took up the illithid's offer.

The best part: one of the agreeing PCs was a blue, a psionic goblin. I asked the player why his character would agree to something as horrific as 'partaking' in the consumption of a still-living mind of one of his own species. He responded, 'My character seeks knowledge of all kinds for its own sake. He had never experienced eating a sentient mind, so he saw it as an opportunity for new knowledge.'

It was Eberron, so alignment is pretty 'gray.' I considered giving the blue some evil points, but it was a minor enough incident in the grand scheme of things that I let it slide.

That's... That's really cool. I want to play a Psion now.

Hague
2010-06-28, 12:51 AM
Well, I had one character that constructed an elaborate illusion. See, they developed a better version of Trap the Soul that essentially stole a soul and captured it, but at the same time, allowed you to affect the soul as a creature with spell effects. Now the person that this caster trapped was a NG priest of some high stature and was philosophically opposed to the LE wizard (he played him as what you would expect of an arch-conservative jerk-off, very traditional, misogynistic, etc) so in a fit of pique, the wizard constructed a very elaborate illusion using Knowledge (The Planes) and Knowledge (Religion) checks aided by the Aid Another action given by a group of highly paid sage hirelings. Using these checks, the wizard crafted a very elaborate illusion based around the priest's deity and the afterlife that awaited him in Arborea. The illusion basically surrounded making the priest's afterlife into a horrible mockery of what he thought it would be. His "god" shunned him, his loved ones mocked his pathetic state, and even illusions of his progenitors in his church chastised him for his 'failure.'

After allowing the the priest's soul to stew for a while in this fabricated 'Heaven-turned-Hell' the wizard attempted to communicate with the soul through a mocked version of Speak with Dead, and made the priest an offer he couldn't refuse. He said (using a highly boosted Bluff check) that he would bring him back to life as he had a change of heart. In doing so, he managed to convince the priest to turn against his god willingly and resurrected him with a Wish as a new cohort. Since the soul had never actually departed for Arborea, he remembered every bit of what happened to him in his 'afterlife.' Not only did the wizard trick the priest into believing he was damned, his offer made certain that the priest would go down a path that would damn his soul anyway.

Needless to say, I was delighted.

Tedesche
2010-06-28, 01:20 AM
Re: the comments on my friend's beguiler anecdote and psionic/mind-affecting powers in general...

Illusion/Enchantment/Telepathy is quite possibly the most vile, horrific set of talents an evil character could ever want for. Torture and other methods of inducing physical pain is bad, but psychological damage is not only arguably worse and longer-lasting, it's also more unsettling to the minds of third-party observers or those who hear tell of such deeds.

A drow fighter/rogue I played in my first campaign had a backstory that involved a sociopathic, psionic half-sister. She came to power by driving her parents insane, causing them to flee their home and go topside, which eventually resulted in them going blind due to sunlight exposure and getting eaten by wolves. She ruled both herself and her kingdom by the Machiavellian notion that it is better to be feared than loved, and became a favorite of Vecna for the elaborately cruel plots and schemes she used to batter the other noble houses into unwilling submission. She preferred taking her time in manipulating her victims; breaking them quickly was too easy and too unsatisfying. Besides, greater devastation always comes from allowing someone the illusion that there is still hope, letting them strive for it, sacrifice things/people they dearly care about to get to it, and then reveal that it was never truly there in the first place. My character (her younger half-sibling) was so terrified of her that even her presence could revert him to the whimpering, sniveling child he was before he managed to flee his homeland.

Ironically, in the endgame, she died because Vecna denied her divine protection when she needed it most. As the DM would explain later, she had managed to consolidate power among the drow so successfully that there was no more political backstabbing and double-crossing—activities that Vecna loved to watch. So, my character's sister had entertained her for a time, but now her goddess was tired of her, and too apathetic to save her from the horde of sewer rats our party's ranger summoned beneath her feet.

Oh, and one last point about physical vs. psychological torture. Physical torture, even when taken to its extreme, only causes the mind to become completely desensitized, effectively cutting itself off from the pain it has come to expect. That, and what psychologists refer to as "learned helplessness," which effectively means they give up on trying to escape further torment. Many people refer to this as "breaking" someone, but in the long view, it's still a far cry from the anguish one can inflict by loosening someone's grip on reality or causing them extreme emotional suffering. That kind of torture—the kind that carves up a person's brain from the inside—can't be escaped from, and doesn't easily heal. Scarification can deform a person to the point where they don't recognize themselves in a mirror...but a deformed mind no longer recognizes anything in its true shape, and often leaves so little of the original person left that self-recognition is no longer even relevant.

AsteriskAmp
2010-06-28, 01:30 AM
Not myself, but I Co-DMed an evil campaign that was centered around a unusual party, where the Barbarian had 18 INT, the Cleric was a Necromancer, the Bard played a Harpischord, the Wizard had no knowledges at all, the rogue had the seizures flaw, and the Blackguard couldn't eat anything but human flesh. They did a lot of weird things, but the most "Evil" thing they did was:

The Cleric formed an undead battalion, he began marching along the blackguard to a nearby town, meanwhile, the bard slipped into the town and began warning the townfolk of the invasion, meanwhile the rogue was robbing the houses of the townsfolk which listened to the bard's description of the army and its commanders and his escape plan, which involved running into a nearby town while the men stood to slow down the army advancement, at the other town the Barbarian convinced the townsfolk that the army had an infiltration unit made of disguised zombies, that looked like children and women and that would precede the army, and to stop them, they decided to burn the town upon their entrance, and flank them from behind while women and children fled and acted as a bait.

The undead army enters Town one, and finds little resistance, no burning necesary, children and women flee, Bard helps rogue rob remaining houses, when the refugee flock enters town B, they are treated to a fire, that engulfs the whole village, villagers attack from behind, promptly exterminating them, children and women try to fled, but are met with the fact that the village other exit is barricaded (The Barbarian did it). They die in the fire, meanwhile Barbarian tells the men that there are disguised zombies between them, and kills a random man next to him, chaos ensues and he silently backs away to Town A, where he joins the party in looking Town B kill itself while he recites Poe's poetry. After the fire, they collect values that were left and they march away to the sunrise, ready to repeat the act on another towns.

jseah
2010-06-28, 01:53 AM
The easily most evil act I've seen involved a social thing, instead of a personal affair.

Basically, the rapid introduction of magitech weaponry to a semi-feudal society resulted in a massive imbalance of power, with the expected warfare and massacre following shortly.
Then the many sides were played off against each other by continuous sale of better and better weapons. Result? The destruction of an entire society and most of it's people, with massive loss of life, while raking in profits unfound anywhere else.

The best part was that as a character, there was no screwed up psychology or twisted attitudes. Just a cold willingness to earn money within the law (and manipulate the law if possible) and a disavowing of responsibility by saying "it's just good business".

Corporate M
2010-06-28, 02:19 AM
I'd list some examples, but when you are a http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CardCarryingVillain it's really kind of hard to do anything that makes people gasp or give you the ever tasty dirty look.

Bestow curse makes it so much easier though. Oh God the fun I have with bestow curse! It doesn't even have to be particularly powerful. Just use bestow curse to make everyone in town believe they got molested by their parents.

I mean think about that. False memories, and everyone is scarred for life. But it doesn't make a lick of sense. But then it doesn't have too cause it's evil and therefore it's awesome. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

Ofcourse unlike most villains, I can't avoided the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LaserGuidedKarma and the DM just says something like

DM: Well all the molested ones have organized a resistance to kill their parents and now there's civil unrest in the streets.

Corporate M: Ooooh! :)

DM: There is nowhere safe to turn. People are rioting, there's fires, everyone is wondering why all of a sudden all the children have turned on their parents under these horrific lies.

Corporate M: Ooooh! :)

DM: And then they realize it probably has something to do with the shady travlers who just conviently walked into town AND DECIDED TO MESS WITH EVERYBODY'S HEAD BECAUSE THEY'RE JERKS.

DM: And by they I mean you. So while there is indeed rioting and anarchy, the townguard would like to have a word with you.

Corporate M: Oh poopy. :smallannoyed:

The best evil is the subtle kind. The one involving doing something that'll technically keep you a law abiding citizen, or just harrassing someone in particular. But then why bother at all? I want evulz! (lulz+evil) I want to be the inspiration for a Tenacious D video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtVc_zB1h0

My favorite song. lol!

mikej
2010-06-28, 02:56 AM
I tend to play Nuetral characters a lot, but I had one that was Chaotic Evil. Only downside was that I was so used to playing Nuetral that I probally didn't utilize the Chaotic Evil alignment to the fullest.

If however you count outside of the in-game world. I have done a few evil things as the player. Like my last campaign was in.

Step 1: Play Druid
Step 2: Select Fleshraker, Dinosaur

ryzouken
2010-06-28, 03:28 AM
Lessee... my artificer spent 24 hours consuming a magic item to retain its essence. It was an intelligent weapon. It screamed, the whole time. It was actually fairly annoying, in character.

A prior incarnation of the same character offhandedly nuked an entire group of infant sahuagin because "they'd probably end up evil, and their parents stole my jewelry. That's what they get." This after killing surrendered sahuagin as a means of expediency.

I had a desert nomad style character bar the doors of a tavern and set the place on fire. Sat outside with a crossbow to make sure no one made it out too. This because one of our tribesmates had passed through the area and none of the peasantry would tell us where they went.

Ooh! In a Star Wars game (Westen d6 version) I played a space pirate that did horrible, unspeakable things to humanoids. That character was fond of using bladed weapons instead of blasters too. I remember I tried to pick a pocket once, failed the roll, and immediately murdered the poor mark in the middle of a crowded street. It was very much a smash everything in your way and do what you want character (and game by extension).

Those are the big ones, and yet, not terribly evil in and of themselves.
Alright, new project!

Kris Strife
2010-06-28, 04:41 AM
I play lawful good normally... But as a paladin I once threatened to punch out the lower level party druid for stealing a piece of my magical armor in combat. DM said I'd fall if I did. :smallannoyed:

Parra
2010-06-28, 04:56 AM
In a game I DM'd once, many years ago, the group captured and tortured some bad guy for information. After doing some fairly nasty (standard) evil torturing stuff they got the information they needed.
However, as is customary with this group, they hadn't planned ahead and thought about how they were going to ensure that the bbeg & his minions didnt know that they had just found out all this juicy information and as they lacked the ability to alter/wipe memories and killng the guy wouldn't resolve it, they decided to discredit the guy in the worst possible way so that no one would ever believe anything he ever said.

So what did they do? (keeping it clean) it involved Dominate, his favourite crowded tavern, a lack of clothes and a soon-to-be very distressed goat.

Wings of Peace
2010-06-28, 05:15 AM
Evilest thing I ever did... *Ponders*

Once I played a spellcaster (Wizard) taking part in a war scenario. The idea was that there were two cities at war but each one got their good from a merchant city that was deemed neutral ground. While in the neutral city a soldier from the opposite side punched my character and shouted various obscenities.

Rather than fight back my character used divinations to locate and capture the man's wife, and, while the man was restrained, used some clever illusions to force the man to watch his wife be brutally beaten by a soldier who then forced himself on her, shortly after this the illusion ended with the man's wife dying and the illusory soldier walking off laughing.

The man, seeking revenge for his wife's death took part in the next skirmish between the two hostiles cities, it was hard but I kept his wife on hand in one of the war tens ensuring that he made it to my wizard who used a combination of domination magic and illusions to make his wife act and sound like the soldier he thought to have killed her. After the man drove his blade through her skull I dispelled the illusion shortly after which he killed himself.

Excessive and over complicated for one npc? Maybe. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Guilty pleasures I suppose :smallredface:

Ravens_cry
2010-06-28, 05:22 AM
I have never played an evil character, so my evil is pretty bland, though I did have a gnome barbarian who collected souvenirs.
And by souvenirs, I mean I cut off the guys goolies and stuffed it in my pocket.

Grogmir
2010-06-28, 07:09 AM
My most Evil moment was playing a Psyker in Dark H.

We were nearing the end of the campaign a Dark Festival had taken over the town – everyone was in the main tower – the place was packed.

We could see the contact we needed coming towards us through the crowd. But suddenly – we couldn’t see what – lots of ‘things’ or maybe ‘people’ were converging on the contact. We had no idea who – what or why – but I said – instantly without thought

“I blast the area behind our contact” (Psykers in DH are very powerful IF you survive) – Without a thought I took out hundreds of innocent people including everyone following the contact and started a riot in the Tower which killed even more.

Still we saved the world in the end 

My friends most evil act – he was the sneakily evil member in a good party.

The fight all the way through the campaign and up into the Tower of the BBEG. When they see the horror that said BBEG has brought on the world. He has hundreds of hearts in jars – all of them good innocent souls he’s trapped bar one – his own.
While the party are locked in combat with the BBEG – my friends snuck off back to the room of hearts – where he proceeds to start smashing the jars; he got about halfway through until he got the BBEGs – the party came back in while he was sweeping up – ‘got the job done’ was his response.

Tiki Snakes
2010-06-28, 07:39 AM
The most relevant act that springs to mind was only a few months ago.

The small party of PC's, who were theoretically retainers for Yariel, the Great Lich, were tasked with finding a particular abandoned Gate system. Thing is, it was in a swamp, and we were pretty terrible at finding anything other than quaint forest dwelling peasants and small trading towns of suspiciously baby-oiled Grecian / Hellenic orcs. (Don't ask).

Turns out, there was also a Dragon in the neighborhood. And they live for a good long time, right? So we popped round to see if he remembered anything. Luckily for us, he just might, for a price. See, he was slightly crippled, and didn't really get out very much anymore.

So rather than wander around hinting boar for a few weeks, I had us simply raid a village in the dead of night. All the menfolk killed on the spot, before they could even rouse themselves to any kind of defence. Their town, stripped of valuables (read; Large quantities of amber) and the women and children hobbled and marched through the swamp to the dragon's lair. Admittedly, the party's resident Vampire may have 'sampled' one or two, but at least it took the strain off of our retainers for the day.

When we got near the dragon's lair, we had them forcefully washed (during which process our Wizard helpfully sprinkled them with herbs, salt and pepper etc). Then we marched them up the path to the lair, gave the dragon his quivering meat-snacks, and got the information we needed.

And from my characters point of view, it had the double benefit of being a job done, and one less village of the in-bred poop-shuffling yokels. Double win, really. He really didn't like the region, on the whole. :smallbiggrin:

Second best, our DM introduced a new character, a pink-haired gnome girl warrior and probable DMPC, during an ominous thunder-storm. She'd escaped from things going belly up in the fey-wild, apparently. Thing is, our party were not nice people, and neither were they trusting. So she was promptly hobbled and gagged. We gave her to the mad undead wizard pc for a pet, eventually.
It didn't last long. When we got to the Town full of 'Grecian' Orcs, which was full of muscled, body-building, oiled and waxed gentlemen and a preponderance of sailors, he soon got bored of Gnomey mcgnome, and set her free.

Which is to say left her entirely bound and gagged in the middle of the dock, as we left town. :smallcool:

Implied result is implied.

Snake-Aes
2010-06-28, 07:42 AM
I once had a character who ruled traffic and illegal mining in Smokestone city.
Whenever an officer had any hint of where the mine was, we "interrogated" the entire city to see who dropped the hint, and if we deemed anyone guilty (or just anyone really), we asked 'short sleeve or long sleeve?'.

They'd pick either, and we'd tear off said person's arm (arms if he didn't answer) against a grinding stone to fit the chosen sleeve.

Tanuki Tales
2010-06-28, 08:28 AM
I never got a chance to do it, mostly because it disturbed my DM greatly, but I had planned to have played an Ogre Mage who brought along a 16-20 odd something young woman who had the Troll-blooded feat.

The Ogre Mage in question had a strong misogynistic streak and took great pleasure in brutally raping his slave girl when ever he felt like it, especially since he could break her bones, disembowel her or snap her neck and not have to worry about buying a new slave. Of course, Human anatomy and Giant folk anatomy would be pretty dangerous for the human without his "foreplay".

Petrankov
2010-06-28, 08:35 AM
Scarred Lands - We were playing a mostly evil campaign and I was a Cleric of Chardun who was extremely obnoxious and tried to convert everyone he met to his God. On player was a good character (Wizard) who I thought was plotting against me. At the end of a big battle (in what turned out to be the final game) instead of casting Cure Serious Wounds I cast Inflict Serious Wounds on him instead, stood up and announced, "Sorry guys we lost him". The DM was speechless of course and there was not much he could do about it. What was more evil was that the player did not make it to the game so he was being DMPC'd.

Dark Heresy - Traveling on a ship back to the Inquisitor HQ (I forget the planets name) a vital device was stolen from me. The thieves blended into the crowd so I turned around with my autogun and killed about 50 'civilians' to clear the way so my companions could spot and track down the thieves.

There is some pretty nasty stuff in here :smallsmile:

kestrel404
2010-06-28, 09:03 AM
Well, in my current game, my previous character was slightly amoral. In the first session of the game, he tortured information out of a captured mook so that the party could carry out a hit for one gang on a rival gang.

In session three, when another party member that my PC thought was an idiot attempted to kill the gang leader of the gang we were working for (he had good reasons, but I didn't know this IC), I offered to assist in his torture and death.

By the tenth or so session, I had extorted a local scribe into effectively committing treason against his homeland by inciting the locals to riot against the king - as a distraction.

This character died, ironically enough, when an evil eldritch horror from beyond space and time infected him with a superpower granting virus, and he went along with it to get the superpowers. The other party members burned him alive shortly after.

In the same campaign, I am now playing a thief from the city of thieves, and I'm easily the most compassionate person in the party.

Grank
2010-06-28, 09:06 AM
The first thing that springs to my mind would be one time when I was playing a NE Vecnablooded wizard. I had my underlings intercept a caravan of slaves, kill all the traders as well as the non-monstrous slaves. We then led the caravan inside the city, before the slaves "escaped" in the middle of the market, hacking a brutal swathe through the crowds on their way to escape the city.
After a fitting amount of time, my underlings dispatched of the monsters, quite heroically, of course, and we were hailed as heroes of the city. Of course, as separate personas from the slave traders. Disguise Self is a wonderful spell.

Draconi Redfir
2010-06-28, 09:13 AM
i made a bard who can only communicate by singing and playing music. he plays the keytar.

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-28, 09:27 AM
Well, in a part of a past campaing I had to behave in a quite vile manner.

Me (human cleric) and my buddy (dwarf fighter) turned evil (because of the plot, I don't like play evil characters).. a friend of mine, playing the third party member (human wizard) was unaware of it.

My new master ordered me to kill him (in the way he was able to be raised as an intelligent undead to join us).

When I cast a slay living saying I was buffing him (he didn't managed to perform a spellcaft check because he trusted me and was unaware of the fact that I was turned evil) he was not happy, of course..

Choco
2010-06-28, 10:09 AM
Well, I've done the usual psychological evil as a caster (trick people into killing loved ones, use domination to make them do it, use diplomacy to turn loved ones on each other, etc.) to those who pissed me off. I like the more "direct" evil I inflict as martial characters though.

Once my evil fighter was walking down a crowded street when the DM said I felt something moving around near where my money sack is. Before just swinging I first turn to see who it is, and there is some 10-ish year old kid trying to pick my pocket. If it were an adult there would have been a beheading, but I decided to be "merficul". I ripped off his arm, then used it to slap him across the street, then threw it at him and walked on as if nothing happened.

Of course the townsfolk did not take to kindly to me doing that, no matter the reason. A few guys (peasants and the few guards who were on hand) attacked me and I quickly dispatched them. Then the mob gathered around me obviously thinking they had strength in numbers. I stop, point in the direction I am going, and said "I don't have time to deal with all of you peons, so here is the deal: I am going to keep walking in this direction and will kill anyone who tries to stop me. So anyone who wants to die, you have 1 minute to get in front of me. Otherwise get out of the way." After about that minute the city guard started showing up so I started moving.

I had killed a good half of the town by the time they realized they stood no chance against me and ran. The reason it took them so long may or may not have had something to do with me having fast healing, letting them land some hits on purpose, and faking like I am about to go down a few times :smallamused:.

Oh, and with the same character, one time we were in a town and needed some information about the location of some people we were hunting, and we knew a good chunk of the townsfolk knew but they refused to talk. Turns out they were more scared of the guys we were hunting than of us, so I had to fix that. We had our minions gather ALL of the townsfolk in the town square (half of them by force, most of the town guard were killed in the process). This show of force was still not enough to convince them, so I put on a blindfold, walked to the edge of the crowd, and took a blind swing. After I apparently dropped a 70 yr old grandmother, I said "3 seconds to tell us what we need to know before I swing again". There were a few screams but no one told us. So I swung again. It took about 15 deaths before someone finally told us what we needed to know.

After that I thanked the man and had my minions kill everyone except him for wasting my time and killing/wounding some of my minions, looted the town, and moved on.

Snake-Aes
2010-06-28, 10:26 AM
Most evil characters of the "kill them all" type of evil didn't live long. There was much more prosperous life expectancies on evil guys who knew to hide their evilness well. Leaving reputation to rumors and a sinister aura. Mavi was particularly fond of doing heroic things through horribly evil means. Wanted criminal? Excellent! Kidnap him, torture him in whatever sick ways you can imagine for weeks, and when he finally dies, cut off his head, poke a few holes on yourself and deliver it to the authorities for the bounty.
You can even take over his business to keep profiting.

molten_dragon
2010-06-28, 10:44 AM
In a recent campaign our characters were hired to clear out the monsters in a town so it could be resettled. After we did so the woman who originally hired us asked us to travel up into the nearby mountains and kill a monster threatening the town. She refused to pay us and was kind if snarky about it, so later that night I snuck into her tent and murdered her in her sleep, then looted the place and skipped town for a few days.

Zanatos777
2010-06-28, 10:46 AM
My most evil acts were all done as DM I'm afraid.

In my most recent game I had a powerful spirit, named Ryn'est, (she was a pleasure devil with heavily modified stats) who took it as her personal mission to break the characters. Given that she was a teleporting, mind-controlling, shapeshifting sex-fiend with frightening intelligence and sadistic personality...well she was effective at what she set her mind to.

I think these are going to make me sound truly horrible:
Initially she only finished one PC's seduction to the dark side, which resulted in several PC deaths (all the same player though...)

A new PC's family was killed by a terrible curse and when he arrived to find his parent's bodies she appeared as his mother. He was so glad to see she survived that he let his guard down and was incapacitated. She then did what one would expect and raped him while looking like his mother. My players were horrified and she kept digging in the dagger by always appearing as the PC's mother and complimenting on their night together.

Another character's mind (a female druid) was rewritten (partially Ryn'est's fault here) to see the other PCs as abusive people who forced her to help them, not that they ever helped her, and the only two who ever helped her she had killed (in reality they had been killed by a dragon far earlier but then had to 'kill' them again in a mind screw, her sword became human bane as a result). Then Ryn'est engaged the party in battle while telepathically encouraging the druid to attack the other party members by using bluff to make her telepathy sound like an inner monologue. Eventually the druid got better.

She finally took her crowning moment as the most horrible person in the universe by mind-controlling one PC's daughter and polymorphing her into a woman that PC had previously slept with...they were stopped at second base when the daughter's babysitter arrived horrified and ashamed he had been incapacitated for a few minutes (all Ryn'est needed) with the player in question still not realizing at all what was going on, the others thought it was Ryn'est herself at first thinking I wouldn't think of something so horrible.

...Yup that was all one character (out of many horrible villains), I'm sure she did other things but those are the ones I remember.

Surprisingly my players don't hate me for this stuff or all the other stuff. They really enjoyed the game.

Denkal
2010-06-28, 11:25 AM
My party and I once stormed a tower of pure and utter Lawful Good-ness, in the process killing about 25 paladins, a copper dragon, and a Gold Dragon Paladin Saint of Bahamut.

Here's the kicker. We were a good-aligned party. With a paladin and everything.

In this campaign, there were three rings that combined gave the bearer powers greater than a greater deity. One of which was safeguarded at the top of said tower. Instead of "Oh, you guys seem to have this one covered.", the party jumps to the "Let's see if we can protect it better" conclusion.

comicshorse
2010-06-28, 12:03 PM
In a game of Warhammer my character cut the heart out of a priestess of Shallya and offered it to a Greater Demon of Tszeentch !
( The ironic thing was the character was only part oft he cult because he'd been mistaken for one of the cult leaders and didn't have any way out without them killing him)

Lighturtle
2010-06-28, 12:16 PM
I never play below CN.

The worst a character of mine did was squirrel defiling+ raising. Then he kept them in a bag.
Using buffed skelettons as thrown ammunition was kind of fun.

The worst I ever saw as party do was cast greater invis and slaughter a city.

Shyftir
2010-06-28, 06:53 PM
Let me preface this.

I quit this particular game after this incident so it was the last time I played DnD with these guys. (Still friends but this is thier last memory of me as a DnD player.)

I started the adventure as a CG Half-Elf cleric who devoted himself to the concept of storms, (Domains: Storms and Wrath) He foccussed on buffing himself into an unstopable killing machine. (for freedom!) His brother a full elven wizard foccussed on destroying things in new and inventive ways (Read: blaster/enchanter) We were the princes of an elven state. So far no big deal right? Anyway I spent the whole campaign as a melee combatant who occasionally dropped heals. This worked pretty well then my dearest brother gets infected with a new non-ommediate form of vampirism. The campaign turns into a vampire hunting quest and we manage to free my brother who basically becomes a day-walker, most of the vampire benefits none of the weaknesses. everyone is happy...

(Also of note: wizard's player thought himself an optimizer. I'm no optimizer, he's not even close.)

Now this whole time the DM had been encouraging me to turn evil over the internet unknown to the others. He even gave me a ring that gave CE characters three free levels. Needless to say I turned to the darkside, but instead of attacking the others I attempted to corrupt them.

Eventually it was time, I left the group one night and summoned a demon which ransacked the camp but was easily defeated. I had casted very few spells that day, relying on items instead, while our blaster wizard "brought the rain."

I had access to his spell book and had prepared spells which made me immune to his favorite/most powerful spells. After the camp is ransacked I act alarmed and as if the demon had been sent to slaughter me. Then I cast Sactuary, Mass on the party except me and the wizard. They thought it was protective and did not resist. Then I turned and cast Silence at my wizardly half-brother, he tried to Dispell Magic, but that was on my list of immunities, then I hit him with a powerful life draining spell with lowered his constitution so low he was knocked out. Followed it up with Slay Living on his helpless body. He died (To rise as a vengeful vampire lord, btw.)

Anyway, I explained to the party that my brother had turned on us and sent the demon. Ooc they knew it was BS: Ic they were unsure. I dropped the first one out of his bubble and hit him immediately with Bodak's Glare. He died (to rise as a Bodak, btw.)

Then I dropped out our CN Barbarian Princess, (Based actually on River from Serenity mixed with Anastasia, not Xena.) I told her serve me and you can have vengeance on the entire nation that killed your family. She agreed (to rise as a genocidal barbarian rebel leader.)(She also probably became his lover for a time, we didn't go into those details.)

At this point I quit the campaign as did the wizard's player. The story goes on:

My necromancy obsessed cleric, spends the next four years, hidding from his brother and becoming a lich. (With all that entails...) They finally meet in a confrontation known as "The Battle of the Dark Princes." They somehow manage to blow a hole in reality and become this setting's first vestiges.
Also lots of people nearby died.

TL;DR

Betrayed the nation ruled by my mother, by killing my brother to make him become a vampire. (Realize his true destiny!) Slaughtered the character who had been my best friend and gladiatorial partner. (Made him a Bodak, let him loose to terrorize the countryside.) Turned an orphaned princess into a vengeful, bloodthirtsy, genocidal madwoman. (And boy was that hot!)
Became a lich. (Realized my true destiny!) and eventually caused a space-time collapse and became a vestige. (Draging my brother along.)
Also punted a helpless forrest gnome repeatedly...

That's the evilest thing I've done. The great part was I got railroaded into it and the DM thought I couldn't win. I basically rewrote a major part of his world's 7000 year history. Silly DM, cleric's are for win.

Marriclay
2010-06-28, 07:11 PM
Silly DM, cleric's are for win.

All DMs should be prepared for the eventuality that the players will screw up what they wanted to do.

Volos
2010-06-28, 08:01 PM
The whole of this camapaign, I was playing the Palidin for the party. Moral compass and all that, I was so good that even my god was telling me to slow down. After a long and drawn out war with just about every evil thing that ever exsisted in the nine hells, we were given a serious beating. This big bad gave us a choice, we could kill him and end up destroying the world in the process. (Somehow he had it set up that when he died, the world would go with him) Or we could succum to our 'true' nature, and become evil to serve him. I chose, much to the party's dismay, to become evil, instantly trade all my levels for blackguard levels, and kill the big bad right then and there. The world burned to the ground, and I brought it back as my new dominion. Suddenly I was the big bad for the next campaign.

Scarey Nerd
2010-06-29, 01:58 AM
This hasn't actually happened yet, but it is going to, no matter if I die, as I have a successor to the task lined up. (Spoilered for length)

My current character (Hereon referred to as Graek)'s father was killed by an Elf Ranger when Graek was 14, the face of whom Graek memorised.

Fast forward a few years, Graek was rummaging around in the house of someone he'd just dealt with under the employ of someone, and found Carrion Crawler Brain Juice in a vial. For those of you who don't know, this serum invokes paralysis on contact with a victim.

Fast forward again, Graek finds this Elf, don't know where but he will (Alternatively, his Halfling friend will do so if Graek dies, as he drew an accurate picture for her). He gags him and takes him to a barn, and ties him into a chair, before using the juice on him, before saying "When you thoughtlessly killed my father, just for being an Orc, my world crumbled around me. And now the same thing will happen to you. I hope you find the irony as... painful, as I do." So saying, he throws a match at the barn and walks out.

John Campbell
2010-06-29, 12:14 PM
It's not as dog-rapingly over the top as most of these, but I had a character who spent a year or so, both real time and game time, devouring the souls of pretty much everyone we fought, plus the occasional innocent NPC that I figured that no one would miss.

Best part: The DM was That Guy Who Always Plays Paladins, and hates evil characters, won't allow them in his games. (I feel much the same way about paladins, to be fair.) But he thought it would be an "interesting role-playing experience" to have an early bad guy drop this evil artifact dagger... basically a +2 wounding dagger, except if someone was killed with it, it would consume their soul, making them unrecoverable by anything short of direct divine intervention (and even that was kind of iffy), and the wielder would gain an effective positive level for a tenday. (Additional soul-devouring didn't stack, just extended the time.)

Well, my CN rogue picked it up while looting the body, and had to make an immediate Will save (DC 25... and did I mention we were second level? The cleric could've made it on a 19; anyone else in the party needed a natural 20), and upon failing it (rolled an 18, plus my Will modifier of, uh, ZERO), my alignment shifted to Chaotic Evil. The DM told me that he didn't want me playing it Stupid Evil. I really don't think, though, that he was planning on me playing it smart enough that I carried that thing around, murdering people with it at every opportunity and just generally being a bastard, for an entire year and about eight character levels, in a party with a Paladin and a LG Knight, without anyone figuring it out until the Paladin, by sheer coincidence, happened to catch me in the cone of his detect evil at the moment that I was devouring a fallen enemy's soul with it, which obviously provoked a confrontation when he got over being stunned.

Ingus
2010-06-29, 06:39 PM
Alot. :smallbiggrin:

Among my favourites...

1) One character had to extort informations from a female drow cleric, totally fanatic. He said: "Please, I don't like to do this. So, please, please, please talk quick, and at your first word I'll stop."
Then, a second after, he cast silence froma a wand. He had to empty the wand before being ready to listen to the poor lady.
(Since now, just classy)
Then "Oh, what a mess I've done. And most of all, I forgot I can read your mind directly. Shame on me"
(Deeply ironic. The spell, by the way, was "Mind worm")

2) Sacrifice a screaming elven princess in front of all the helpless elven court. It was really gore, since my PC had to assume a fiendish form to do it, and the sacrifice requred the extraction of her heart and that he ate her brain.

3) By layers and layers of manipulation, being trusted as a real good man, backed by anyone and liked by anyone (being a bard is supercool :smallwink:). Only one PC didn't buy it: the righteous cleric of Tyr (FR involved). Actually, my bard was seduced into evil by Cyric in person, promising him all he could desire.
Well, the cleric managed to expose his behaviour, not a suer betrayal but unclear and, after a long confrontation... well, the bard managed to tempt the cleric into behead him, which he did. After an execution without a trial and without the needed evidences, the cleric lost all his powers and the powerful artifact he used to behead my bad bard was forever tainted by this act.
My bard was sent to Cyric, to an expectable good afterlife.

Il_Vec
2010-06-29, 08:12 PM
The longest running evil character I played an NE Magelord in Forgotten Realms. He had absurdly high Int, so he never did anything blatantly stupid evil, he was just ruthless and amoral in his pursuit for knowledge and power. His signature spell was Disintegrate, the 3.0 one. So, we went through a one-year long forgotten realms campaign knee-deep on Red Wizards with this blackhearted character... Lots of little evil acts here and there, but none of them actually amusing enough to describe. Some people disintegrated in their sleep, some sold as slaves, the usual.

My most recent evil character, an Assassin/Invisible blade. He had a thing for Kukris, and his decision compass was a coin. This in a neutral-to-good group. Aside from deciding on peoples lifes on a coin toss, killing for money and so on, the only act that stand in my memory. We were in a tomb. Along with is a Gnoll Ranger, helping us, a really good guy. In the first opportunity, the DM describes him fighting with a scimitar in one hand and a beautiful masterwork black bladed kukri engraved with the head of Anubis. After a coin toss and some time later, the party stays back while me and the Gnoll go scouting ahead.We find some hellhounds on a corridor after exploring a few rooms. We fight for a bit, then I decide to pull back into a room, I disarm our Gnoll friend from his kukri, trip him, grab the kukri, lock and barricade the door while I go back and tell the rest of the party how he valiantly died protecting me.

BloodyAngel
2010-06-29, 08:27 PM
Evil actions, eh? My favorite kind. Let me count the ways...

Advocated feeding half of a boatload of slaves we freed from some demons to the other half of said slaves... as we had a long trip and nowhere near enough food. (I would have gotten away with it, if the paladin hadn't been there)

Threw a warrior off of a tower to crash into the ground dead in front of his injured daughter, who'd just been rescued as a POW by said father. (That's right sweetie... if he hadn't come to save you, he'd have lived! :smallamused:)

Seducing and manipulating a very idealistic paladin into believing that I loved her with all my heart, but she should marry the king because the kingdom loved her and it would help the people's poor morale during a bad war. Then after the marriage, using enchantment spells to have the king assassinated by a redeemed evil character that she had sworn up and down was good now, crushing both the monarchy and her ideals in one swoop... then stepping in as her "love" to marry her and take the reigns in a time that the kingdom desperately needed a leader. End result, her spirit was crushed. She lost her faith and fell. The king was killed, the king's killer was killed... and I was hailed as a great war hero who stepped in during the kingdom's darkest hour and saved the land from evil. My rule was long and stern, but prosperous.

God I love political games. :smallbiggrin:

Cealocanth
2010-06-29, 08:35 PM
I don't have much. There's this character in my party that has this Law vs. Chaos thing going on. There's this long line of things I can't remember involving him taking advantage of me and slighting me for the heck of it, and me "cleansing" his lawless soul and occasionally giving him "retribution" when the time is right. :smallamused:

Because it's a Law vs. Chaos thing now, neither of us get an alighment change though. We're each being very careful though...

drengnikrafe
2010-06-29, 08:40 PM
I was playing a LE Illusionist. One of the party members was annoying me, so I color sprayed him until he went down. It was then that I demanded the other party member kill him while he layed there, or I would kill said third party member as well. I even gave him a dagger. Just then, the DM did something to save him, but... It's the thought that counds.

Warlock Odin
2010-06-29, 09:43 PM
I often play evil with good being a rare experience, not that i can't but good has limitations and has to value life.

Top 3 i can think of

Having met the gods of my DM's campaign world, finding out that they are not divine just powerful and bet on the material worlds (on top of being horrible people). I was captured by a Paladin of a real holyer-than-thou sect and got him to interogate me under a Zone of Truth, where upon i revealed all this information about the gods causing him to go insane, rampage, fall and get captured. This also had an unusual side effect of corrupting one of his grand daughters i think who read all the things he said in a journal.

I cast the spell mount, strapped gunpowder to it, sent it running toward a Paladin of the same holyer-than-thou, and let my wand of fireball do the rest. (did the same thing to their HQ later that day, also followed the same principle with an airship blowing up a king's castle, king still inside)

Some guy who i can't remember why i was supposed to kill him, sure there was a reason but equally likely there wasn't. Anyway he was protesting in the street so i grabbed a black onyx gem (not a necromancer but i liberated them from one and used it as part of disguses to mae people think i was) any threw it at his mouth while he was speaking, choking and killing him. Many of the things i do don't shock my DM anymore but that one came out of nowhere and had no more stages than, throw, kill, reward (i think the plan was for me to fight him and his protesters).

All of these were done as a Warlock and most were the original Warlock The Running Darkness (Best character ever, no original name) his offspring who i played, or a character created as a homage to him The Unfathomable Darkness (also no original name)

Il_Vec
2010-06-29, 09:55 PM
also followed the same principle with an airship blowing up a king's castle, king still inside)

Aircraft into tall building, huh? I'm sure I've seen that somewhere...

Claudius Maximus
2010-06-29, 10:24 PM
Wasn't that the ending of The Running Man? Yeah, that's probably what you're thinking of.

Makiru
2010-06-29, 11:36 PM
Evil actually tends to be my norm, but my evil doesn't tend to be as bad as what everybody else has been putting up.

Worst thing I can think of is a game that only lasted one session where I played a Hellbred Warlock who had spent his entire previous life figuring out how to get the most out of an agreement with an archdevil for the least amount of work on his part. Upon dying, he met with Glasya and struck a deal. She'd only just been put in power and needed a surplus of souls to get things running, so I pledged myself to her and use my next life to get souls for her, so long as a new devil body (complete with memories) and station of authority under her were gotten in return.

So, I came back with warlock powers and the Mark of Malbolge, ready to get to work. The group had been attacked by werecreatures and we had caught a weretiger and put him in a Zone of Truth to interrogate him. I had already poisoned him into blithering-idiot territory and the cleric got the location of their main camp, so they just kinda left him to me. So, I struck a deal. So long as he pledged himself to my patron (who I neglected to specify), I promised his safety from the rest of the party and the teammates he ratted out to us. So, he drooled on the contract and I let him go.

Then I Eldrich Blasted him through the back of the head, thus keeping his soul safe from my party and his former teammates.

Aeromyre
2010-06-29, 11:37 PM
Honestly, i was a CG Dwarf Fighter 8 with 18/00 strength naturally in AD&D from the human kingdom, and i met the Dwarven king and said **** it, why don't i chill with this dude, we were talking to this hag because he needed something i forget what, she is pretty rude, he says things like "Silence you hag!" but for some reason she threatens to curse me she gets the first three words off and i nail her in the face with my plate gauntlet.
The king started laughing, and said he liked this side of me.

Saya
2010-06-30, 12:06 AM
Reading this thread makes me sad that I haven't been able to do anything particularly evil with my LE Cleric :/

It's not even really the lack of evil things I could potentially do (My cleric does own a fortress with a torture chamber), but rather the fact that we've run into almost nothing but enemies, or things that I would potentially get horrendously killed by if I did anything stupid (Like Pathfinder Paladins >.>)

Daitini Peck
2010-06-30, 12:25 AM
My CE Mind flayer Warmage came across a group of traveling merchants. One was a dog trainer, the other was a black market dealer disguised as a bard. I cast suggestion on the dog trainer, and said something close to "Wouldn't it be fun to fly up in the air?" She agreed, so I cast levitate on her. About 250 ft up the suggestion spell wore off, and she got scared out of her mind, thereby also breaking the levitate spell. She splatted good.

SethFahad
2010-06-30, 01:34 AM
As a DM:

The warlock of our game found a sword, thought it was intelligent because it used to talk to him. But it was just a plain sword +1, which was possessed by a fiend (FF 204). The warlock was power-thirsty, the sword appeared to give super powers, but there was a cost. In order to serve him, the sword demanded numerous human sacrifices. So a wizard npc of the team was slain, and later a small beggar boy was decapitated, along with his mother and little sibling (baby). Soon after, his face was ripped-off by a Manticore (the sword betrayed him). He was resurrected in a town’s temple. The fiend demanded a new sacrifice. The whole clergy of the same temple was slain, the very next day. The warlock eventually died (again), slain by a Zhentarim Lt (messy critical hit).

As a player:

Arjin El Khalid was a grudge-keeper (assassin). When he first met our team, the ranger shot him with 2 arrows and nearly killed him. He apologized, it was a mistake. Later, the ranger of our team decided to leave us. We tried to convince him not to. The rest of the group left and only Arjin remained to "convince" the ranger.
"My dear friend Kernon, I wish I could change your mind, and make you stay with us. I know now, that it’s impossible. I’d like to bid you farewell, and give you a gift as remembrance." He removed the dagger from his boot.
"I used to keep it hidden in my boot. …Saved me numerous times in the past… I hope that it will “deliver” your soul too."
The ranger tried to offer a gift too, but Arjin refused.
"No, I can’t accept something from you. Besides, now that I think of it, the very first time we met, you gave me something to remember. In our time of parting, it’s my turn… So… I give you this dagger!" And with these words, he stabbed the dagger with full force in Kernon’s belly. The death attack was successful.
Bending over the dying ranger and resting his weight in the bloody dagger’s hilt that protruded from the ranger’s belly he said “You can keep that!”.

After that, every time we want to kill someone we say "I’d like give you a dagger"

Choco
2010-06-30, 08:26 AM
Reading this thread makes me sad that I haven't been able to do anything particularly evil with my LE Cleric :/

It's not even really the lack of evil things I could potentially do (My cleric does own a fortress with a torture chamber), but rather the fact that we've run into almost nothing but enemies, or things that I would potentially get horrendously killed by if I did anything stupid (Like Pathfinder Paladins >.>)

Don't worry, that just makes it all the sweeter once you finally get the chance :smalltongue:.

Most of the evil characters I play act good/neutral while with the rest of the party, but when they are left alone, given someone to "question", or someone angers them a bit too much.... Yeah, my evil characters spend the vast majority of their time not being evil, but its the few moments you take off the mask that make it count :smallamused:

caden_varn
2010-06-30, 09:06 AM
Well, not too sure this is actually evil. Evilish, I guess.

Was playing a halflling Bard in Ebberon. We were down in the South, in a city run by monstrous humanoids, forget the name. Anyways, the party spotted a big commotion, decided to see what was happening. I was in a random mode, so I decided that climbing up and running across people's shoulders would be much quicker. Made the first few tumble checks, but failed the last one, ending up with me sprawling in front of the crowd.
Now I found out that it was a slave auction, and the auctioneer decided to be cute and try to sell the idiot halfling who fell into the auction.
Being a Bard (and a bit drunk at the time), I was easily able to turn the tables and sold the goblin auctioneer instead. (I guess the DM was amused by my antics). This amused the crowd briefly, and hey, he was a slaver, but the DM gave us a bit of a hint to get moving, and said the crowd was getting restless etc.

Well, instead I thought, why not sell the rest of the slaves? I mean, I did not expect to pick up any profits, but I had sold the auctioneer, so it seemed right to pick up the slack. So I (ably assisted by the rest of the party by this point) started selling the other slaves.
I didn't think we were getting very good offers for them, so as a good salesman, I tried to up the perceived value. By telling the crowd how good bugbear tastes, pan-fried in garlic butter.
So yeah. We sold the rest of the slaves as snack items. Made the slavers a good profit too. :smallbiggrin:

TheCountAlucard
2010-06-30, 12:03 PM
"So, I'm running Paranoia this week..."

I kid, I kid. :smalltongue:

Let's see...

I statted up an Abyssal Exalt with this sole goal in mind: a character that can convince people to want to be made into soulsteel. She proceeded to take over the brothels in Gem, and... well, let's just say that the bearer of one of her custom soulsteel artifacts wishes it would scream in horror like normal soulsteel, instead of moaning in ecstacy.

So, um, yeah.

fratar11
2010-06-30, 12:20 PM
We were playing a sandbox campaign, actually we are still playing it, and we started as a party of small time crooks. We got a brake when a DMs friend came as an addition to our party (he was a stereotype barbarian player - more or less traded ability to speak, write, count for a +1 to att. rolls. That kind of type) and he managed to kill an ogre mage who was a leader of ogre tribe. By killing him, he was the leader. By the next session we decided not to invite the barbarians player. So we lost the tribe leader. What to do in that kind of situation?

Genocide!

We ordered the Ogres to dig a big hole for a blessing ritual, and told all of them to step in the hole, we greased the walls, and fireball'd the hell out of them. 25 ogres died in 2 rounds. Later we cut off their heads and sold them as a bounty to the adventurers guild.

Our DM hated us for doing that, now he repays - our last session ended with us opening a door. Last thing we saw was mindflayer slave camp. So 15 mindflayers at least controlling a lot of Cerebriliths and zounds... Duergar.