PDA

View Full Version : Best PRC for a Warblade?

CubeB
2010-06-27, 11:05 PM
So, I'm a Half Dragon Kobold Warblade (Which means that Elf only PRC is right out). It's Pathfinder, so I have LA +2.

I'm just starting, but I'd like to know what PrC is right for me.

I'd like one that continues Martial Progression, and Master of Nine looks interesting. But I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Besides. Better to know now while I can still edit my character.

PId6
2010-06-27, 11:11 PM
Try to convince your DM to allow a non-racist adaptation of Eternal Blade, since it's a fantastic PrC.

Master of Nine is pretty disappointing, since its prereqs are terrible and it's very difficult to become an actual Master of Nine (have every 9th level maneuver). You'd need to multiclass into Unarmed Swordsage at the very least to make the prereqs bearable.

Overall, you're best off just taking straight Warblade if Eternal Blade is out.

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-27, 11:11 PM
So, I'm a Half Dragon Kobold Warblade (Which means that Elf only PRC is right out).

I'd like one that continues Martial Progression, and Master of Nine looks interesting. But I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Besides. Better to know now while I can still edit my character.Does Pun Pun count as a PrC?

Also, you may want to look at dragonborn or dragonwrought rather than half-dragon. Those points of LA are killer.

lsfreak
2010-06-27, 11:12 PM
'Nothing' is a perfectly acceptable answer. Mo9 is interesting, but the feat tax to get into it is ridiculous. If you're not into divine gishes, arcane gishes, throwing, or TWF, there's no point in going into one.

Private-Prinny
2010-06-27, 11:12 PM
A 2 level dip into Bloodstorm Blade is great for certain characters, but useless for everything else. I wouldn't go MoN if I were you, since it's rather feat intensive, you can always pick up Martial Study, and the Warblade capstone is better than one of the MoN's class features.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-27, 11:14 PM
Three levels of wizard (or five of duskblade) and then into Jade Phoenix Mage is pretty fantastic.

ninjaneer003
2010-06-27, 11:18 PM
Do you need one? warblade is pretty good till 20 with you always being able to trade out old maneuvers for new more powerful ones.

gallagher
2010-06-27, 11:18 PM
So, I'm a Half Dragon Kobold Warblade (Which means that Elf only PRC is right out).

Besides. Better to know now while I can still edit my character.straight warblade 20 is actually pretty solid. with a dip in barbarian (for pounce) you dont have to expend a maneuver to get that. one level in cloistered cleric for knowledge devotion (and since you have a high int, this will help) for the knowledge checks for damage.

so you should at this point have a Barb1/CC1/Warblade 18.

if you really want to PRC (which again, isnt really necessary) but the nicest one is bloodstorm blade. i like takign that one to 10th level.

so now you have Barb1/CC1/Warblade3/Bloodstorm Blade 10/Warblade 5

watch out though, because i dont remember if BB has a martial progression

CubeB
2010-06-27, 11:20 PM
My DM is considering letting me into Eternal Blade.

Otherwise I'll go Straight Warblade, I guess.

PId6
2010-06-27, 11:23 PM
if you really want to PRC (which again, isnt really necessary) but the nicest one is bloodstorm blade. i like takign that one to 10th level.

so now you have Barb1/CC1/Warblade3/Bloodstorm Blade 10/Warblade 5

watch out though, because i dont remember if BB has a martial progression
Bloodstorm Blade is really bad for martial adepts. It doesn't progress maneuvers, so your IL will be low. Besides that, its only good abilities are all in the first four levels, so you really don't have many reasons to take it past 4 unless you're doing wacky things with its capstone.

Draz74
2010-06-27, 11:52 PM
I'm a big fan of taking a Swordsage dip, a Fighter (or PsyWar) dip, and going into Mo9. But I'm not sure it's a good idea if you haven't been planning for it all along.

Definitely opens up some cool tricks that are otherwise impractical, though. I love Fool's Strike. And Devoted Spirit can be ridiculously powerful.

Mongoose87
2010-06-28, 06:25 AM
Warblade 20! Get that juicy Dual-Stance ability! Live as few have dared to dream!