PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Serenity

Krennel
2010-06-28, 02:38 AM
Jak
Most college graduations are something large scale, with the recipients walking up to a podium under the open sun for their diploma. Their parents may be there to congratulate them, and they go on to live happy, normal, boring lives.
However, this is Serenity Corp, the largest and best funded crime fighting force in the Independent Alliance of Sovereign worlds. Your graduation takes place in the same dank, dark room all of your classes took place in. The only difference is the two way mirror way up on the right is transparenet, and the class is half so full as it was when you first came aboard The Duedremont three years ago.
Your uniform is stiff, you sweat as the announcer calls the next name, it's a while before your's will come up, maybe a half hour. You loook up at the mirror, and see two figures so different it's barely funny sitting in a pair of chairs.
The first is a small well kept man, Simon Tam. He is Surgeon General of this shindig, and a gifted surgeon. He personally installed all the cybernetics in the Serenity Corp officers before you, and his company, Scarab tech, has the market cornered.
Next to him is a massive and slightly disheveled man pushing sixty. His muscular structure shows he would still put up a good fight, as most of the Alliance force discovered back at Canton, where they lost their tanks to his heroics. Jayne Cobb, President of The Independent Alliance of Sovereign Worlds.
Next thing you know, the ceremony is over and you're out the door. A man step up to you, handing you a slip of paper. "Here is your first assignment. You will be given two deputies, as well as a Blue Sun Corsair for it. Good luck."
The message inside is mostly legal garble, but what you get out of it is this. The Triads have been smuggling both humans and weapons out of the Alliance, past the Independents, through New Spain, and out to He Gyah Dun, a supposedly Independent moon currently under Triad Control.
You arrive in the hanger to find two men gawking at your Corsair. The thing looks like a spaceship out of old Earth that Was science fiction. Of course you are currently standing on a spaceship orbiting a planet that was bombed from orbit until it was uninhabitable, so who are you to contradict science fiction.
The thing isn't very big, about 400 feat from nose to nozzle, and fifty feet at it's widest. It was a general shape you thought of when the word rocket sprang to mind, long, rounded with a rather pointed nose, and very phallic.
Montgomery and Oleg
You have been sitting around collectively playing with your Shio tong Shi for the better part of a week. Meanwhile ships come and go, with far more interesting things going on in them.
Then the order comes in. you've been deputized, and that means following some ruttin fool's every order. You'll get a ship, which you are lead to immediately, and a mission.
The thing looks like a spaceship out of old Earth that Was science fiction. Of course you are currently standing on a spaceship orbiting a planet that was bombed from orbit until it was uninhabitable, so who are you to contradict science fiction.
The thing isn't very big, about 400 feat from nose to nozzle, and fifty feet at it's widest. It was a general shape you thought of when the word rocket sprang to mind, long, rounded with a rather pointed nose, and very phallic.
An officer, fresh out of school by the looks of his freshly pressed dress suit, walks up to you. He is of average height and build, but one eye glows red, and his hair has an odd bluish sheen to it, tied back in a ponytail. Great, he must be your handler.

Nanoblack
2010-06-28, 10:25 AM
One of the men steps toward the ship. He has a crew cut and the look of a mechanic about him; he also happens to have a look of horror on his face as he begins to inspect the ship.

After spending a minute or so kicking various panels, he decides it's safe to board and comes back carrying some luggage. Among his things are various tool kits and other usual bags, but one seems out of place. The last one is carried in by itself; a large metal briefcase covered in stickers of god-knows-what.

Jesse Drake
2010-06-28, 11:33 AM
"So- you guys are the men I'm in control of." Asked Jak. "So- do you have any idea why you're here?"

Nanoblack
2010-06-28, 11:50 AM
He loks back at you, grinning, while still carrying his things inside. "Well, I'm pretty sure I'm here cause I'm damn good at what I do."

Jesse Drake
2010-06-28, 12:03 PM
"We're off to bust some smuggling ring." Answers Jak. "I don't want to create any problems revealing things as they go- so let's get things out of the way. I'm a mutant. There are some who see that as a handicap. I see it as a tactical advantage. Are there any problems with that?"

tiny tim
2010-06-28, 01:49 PM
I don't have a problem with that, sir.

He put noticeable emphasis on the word sir.

I'll be up there seeing if I can make this thing flyable while you guys go grocery shopping.

With that he moves up into the ship, starting his inspection with the pilots area.

OOC:

What check will it be to figure out how good of a condition this thing is in?

Krennel
2010-06-28, 03:21 PM
The ship is old! You find multiple pipes that just sort of hang loose. This thing was old before the Core alliance took the independents the first time, maybe sixty years or more.

Nanoblack
2010-06-28, 09:46 PM
I'm a mutant. There are some who see that as a handicap. I see it as a tactical advantage. Are there any problems with that?

No disrespect uhhhh... sir, but might I inquire as to what that eye is capable of? "You know- besides glow."

I'll be up there seeing if I can make this thing flyable while you guys go grocery shopping.

"Is there anything you want us to grab for ya while we're out? I had some things I wanted to get anyway."

Jesse Drake
2010-06-28, 09:50 PM
"Ha ha ha... This eye. Well, all it does is give me away. No- my powers are more the listening kind..." He smiles wide.

~See- listen~ You get the message, though he doesn't speak.

"The rest you'll have to stick around to see."

tiny tim
2010-06-28, 11:22 PM
Well, as for things to get, if you find a good deal on a new engine for this thing it would be nice. Other than that just pick up some electrical components and I'll see what I can do with them.

Krennel
2010-06-28, 11:49 PM
The readout buzzes as ship schematics flood into your interface.
System| Current status | Problems| Severity
Propulsion|Offline: Max run at 150% capacity for one hour| Cracked plasma seal| Minimal*
Weapons| Auto targeting system Functional| None| None
Life support| Functioning at 86% capacity| Hydrolic leak in trash compactor; Buildup of noxious gases in the ship| Minimal with proper cognition*
Piloting| Functional| None|None
Safety Systems| Functional| Fire system in need of Extinguishers, Auto Shut off valve missing| Minimal*
Misc| Functional| None| none
Core Containment| 99% functional| Cracked Plasma seal in main engine*|Moderate
*Cracked plasma Seal is unlikely to Cause damage due to engine failure, HOWEVER Should core containment fall below 90%, all occupants will begin to experience minor radiation sickness. Cybernetics will suffer below 85%, possibly causing fatalities. All Occupants will die at core containment 79% within twelve minutes of 79% core containment being breached.
Also, buy fire extinguishers, as this model does not have built in fire maintenance systems other than the Mess deck.
Trash compactor gasses can be vented into space at MAXIMUM of once every twelve hours to keep buildup from reaching dangerous levels. However the captains cabin will stink of the gas.

tiny tim
2010-06-29, 12:08 AM
Actually, buy fire extinguishers. This ship has a complete lack of them.

I then try seeing what(if anything) I can do with the cracked coil housing.

repair:
[roll0]
Let's see about this!

Krennel
2010-06-29, 12:21 AM
It's not a hard fix. You pull out the seal, slather some Ceramic based instant cement on it and throw it in the oven for about 15 minutes, and it's good to go.

Nanoblack
2010-06-29, 08:16 AM
Actually, buy fire extinguishers. This ship has a complete lack of them.

"Damn, I knew I forgot something! Good lookin' out buddy. As for the electrical components go, I gotta practical mini robotics lab stashed in one of my bags. The one that looks like a jumbo tackle box with the black an' yellow stripes. You should have a field day with that one, but I'll restock whatever I'm missin'.

He looks over to his new commander. "Alright, Jak, you ready to go?"

I'm assuming we received some at least enough info on him to learn his first name.

Jesse Drake
2010-06-29, 08:37 AM
Jak sprints onto the ship, running faster than anyone you've ever seen (Considering I'm just about double the average and all...)

He's grinning, not even breaking a sweat. He looks back at you all. "Come now. Let's not dawdle."

Nanoblack
2010-06-29, 08:39 AM
He starts walking forward obviously a little confused, but impressed as well. "Where exactly are you planning on taking us shopping?"

Jesse Drake
2010-06-29, 08:51 AM
(Damn... I forgot about the shopping. I'll play it off.)

There, he does a few stretches. Then, he takes a small leap off the ship and runs to the other side of the room. There, he does a few more stretches.

"I don't drive... on roads, at any rate." He states. "It's a two mile walk to the nearest shop. We should find everything fine. Come on now- I'll set a reasonable pace."

Nanoblack
2010-06-29, 09:55 AM
"Go easy on me, my lungs ain't what they used to be." He smiles then lights up a cigarette and takes off after you.

Krennel
2010-06-29, 02:55 PM
out of curiosity, where do you think you are? Last I checked you hadn't taken off from duedromonts hold.
Anyways, your next destination will be the eaves down docks on persephone. The serenity Corp has a contact there who claims to know how to get at the first leg of smuggling.

Nanoblack
2010-06-29, 03:56 PM
I guess that means there's no place in here to buy stuff?

Krennel
2010-06-29, 03:58 PM
You could requisition stuff. But 2 miles is rather far unless you plan to circle the hanger bay twice then go to the requisition office.
Let's just say you have lots of canned food in your hold now.

Nanoblack
2010-06-29, 04:18 PM
"Ah hell, we can put off shoppin' till we get ta' where we're goin'. Lets just leave now." He joins Montgomery inside the ship.

Krennel
2010-07-02, 06:57 AM
You sail for about two standard days to Persephone's eve's down docks. there is a woman there, by the name of Amanda, who claims to have first hand knowledge of the smuggling business.
As you get within about four hours of Persephone she hails you on the Cortex. He face, many times minitaurized, pops up on screen. She looks worn out, with brown hair falling around her face and jutting off of her head in a less than flattering way. Her eyes, a deep green, seem almost pleading with you.
"So you're my contacts huh? not much to look at."

tiny tim
2010-07-03, 02:42 AM
Montgomery gets stirred from daydreaming as the woman pops up on the screen.

Wha-uh-huh? Uuuuum.... Guys you might want to get up here.

Nanoblack
2010-07-03, 02:46 AM
Oleg walks in half dressed. "Oh, hey there. Uh the captain'll be here inna sec."

Jesse Drake
2010-07-03, 08:50 AM
With a quick pace, Jak makes his way up there. He's dressed exactly as he was before- hair in the exact same manner. "Hey there. Captain present."

Krennel
2010-07-03, 01:27 PM
"Hello. I'm your contact, I am a dancer at Cheetah's, a... Gentleman's club in Eaves down proper. I stumbled into the back room a few weeks back, and it's..." She starts getting tears in ehr eyes.
"There are women in cages, and big boxes. I left before anybody could see me, I think."

Jesse Drake
2010-07-03, 09:27 PM
"That is most disturbing." Jak states. "We'll be down soon. Though, are you sure you weren't seen. I mean, it could be quite dangerous." Jak looks at her- he had a weakness for saloon girls. In some it could be mistaken for sleaze, but he's genuinely concerned. "Are you sure they didn't see you? You should get a hotel room- I'll cover the bill personally."

Krennel
2010-07-03, 09:39 PM
Amanda nods. "That's mighty kind. the Triads own most of the City, so I'll have to stay someplace more established.
I have some evidence for you, gonna need to give it to you when you land. Meet me tomorrow morning, there is a small restaurant by the docks, called Duck Head. Not classy, but it's busy, so we should be safe."
She looks to her left and back at the camera. I have to go, remember, tomorrow." The signal cuts out after that.

Nanoblack
2010-07-03, 09:42 PM
Even through the concern on his face, you can tell Olegs mind is racing. "Should I prepare for a scrap, captain?"

Jesse Drake
2010-07-03, 10:08 PM
"Prepare for the worst." He reaches for his sidearm, but doesn't grab it. "And take what you can."

Nanoblack
2010-07-03, 10:11 PM
He starts walking to his quarters with a toothy grin on his face. "Oh hooh boy! You are gonna like what I've been workin on!"

Krennel
2010-07-06, 02:09 AM
You land at the Eaves down docks, a truly confusing, tot he point of near terror, space port. Ships of all kinds litter the streets, which are little more than dirt paths between docked ships and ramshackle stalls selling everything you can think of.
The air smells like blood and feces, with a hint of human being. A pair of Armed Militia walk by your ship as you disembark. The throng of people is no think, If you minded your step you could walk 'cross the Gorram thing.
After about 2 days of nobody doing anything I push the game along, for future reference.

Nanoblack
2010-07-06, 10:47 AM
Oleg emerges from his room with that same toothed grin as earlier. This time, however, he's wearing a polished, custom built set of light combat armor. It covers most of his arms and torso as well as covering his neck to the jawline.

Mounted on the left forearm is a miniature rifle of sorts, complete with multi-lensed range finding scope. Mounted on the end of the barrel is a dual purpose flash/sound suppressor. His tool belt is now replaced with a pair of bandoleers with several interesting-looking magazines of ammunition hanging from it.

"Am I forgetting anything captain?"

tiny tim
2010-07-06, 06:25 PM
I'll be on the ship. Radio me when you are about to leave, and I'll get her warmed up for you.

Krennel
2010-07-08, 06:43 PM
You find the restaurant easily, and go around the back. It looks like a hotel, but where the pool would be in between the arms of the building, there is a patio where people sit at shaded tables.
Amanda is standing near the right wing, turned away from you.

Nanoblack
2010-07-08, 08:02 PM
Oleg takes note of anyone who looks suspicious upon walking in then slowly approaches Amanda.

Jesse Drake
2010-07-08, 09:35 PM
Jak follows Oleg, ready to meet Amanda in person. He wasn't about to let anything happen to an innocent bystander like her.

Krennel
2010-07-09, 03:18 AM
Oleg does not notice anything suspicious.
Amanda turns around, well sort of. From behind she looked like Amanda, same hair color, same style, but when she turns around you realize she is a different person.
There isn't time to contemplate this, as a shot rings out from behind, Aimed at Oleg, who was leading. It misses by a hairs breath, putting a small slice on his neck and hitting the Woman in the chest as she tries to yell "Run!". She flies back like she was hit by a cannon ball and lands five feet away.
One shot hits Jak in the head, dropping him with the force.
Oleg hears two shots aside from the one that hit him, they came from the right, seconds story.
Jak has taken 22 damage, and due to massive damage, he now needs to make a fort save. Please roll it in the OOC thread.
Battlefield looks like this:
_|2|2|1|1|1|1|1|2|2|_
A|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
B|_|_|_|_|_|W|_|_|_
C|_|_|_|_|O|J|_|_|_
D|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
E|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|H|_
F|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
G2|_|_|_|G|_|_|_|_|_
H2|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
You are J and O, the Woman is W, and the Assailants are the other two. Jak doesn't know where H is.

Nanoblack
2010-07-09, 03:31 AM
In one swift, practiced movement, Oleg brings his TACMIL forward. Initiative: [roll0]

Spot check-[roll1]

He aims his rifle at the one who shot Jak if he spots him.
Attack: [roll2]

Krennel
2010-07-09, 06:39 PM
Jak now has a nice clean hole through his cheek as the bullet passes with a vengeance through 'im. It knocks out a couple'a teeth and passes out the other side as he hit the ground.
Oleg puts a bullet towards the man, obviously a Triad hitman by the various kill tattoos on his face, that flies low and passes through the plaster guard rail.
people scream as tables are kicked over and stampeding bystanders run away.
Jak is alive, with a wicked new scar, and needs to roll init. Oleg has gone first, and once you roll damage minus one die, we will continue with combat.
Montgomery
You hear a knock on the main door to the ship.

Nanoblack
2010-07-09, 06:44 PM
Damage:[roll0]

After firing he ducks down and tries to tell if the captain is still alive.
Treat Injury:[roll1]

tiny tim
2010-07-09, 09:34 PM
I assume the door is locked?

I climb down the ladder and hang upside down by my legs looking at the door.

What's the password?

Krennel
2010-07-09, 09:52 PM
"You're kidding right?" you here a woman on the other side say. she has a very heavy accent, Spanish namely.
Also, let's keep this in spoilers so as to not confuse everybody, eh?

tiny tim
2010-07-09, 10:05 PM
Captain's orders. Can't let you in unless you give me the password.

Krennel
2010-07-09, 10:07 PM
"Bull**** Pendeja! This is about jur Cap'n, so let me in!" She yells back. She sounds quite frustrated.

tiny tim
2010-07-09, 10:14 PM
Fine fine hold on a second and I'll let you in!

I untangle myself from the ladder and open the door.

Krennel
2010-07-09, 10:30 PM
The girl standing in front of you is a thing of beauty. Khaki Capri pants, a light lavender shirt falling loosely around a Black bra a the shoulders. she has a small face and ample frame. She is as tall as you are, with dark brown hair and light skin.
Her beauty, and any urges to compliment it, are offset by the gun in her right hand. A Core Tech XS-22 (German MP-44) falls limply at her side. Her left hand is slung over her shoulder, carrying a duffel bag behind her.
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab209/xXDaRkSpAdeSCXx/anime_girl.jpg
"Me llamo Amanda, and I'm here to speak to the Fedrale who's supposed to be my protector or there abouts."

tiny tim
2010-07-09, 11:10 PM
At first Montgomery is simply enthralled by the beauty. Then he realizes what she is saying.
But.....
A look of terror crosses his face.
It's a trap! Get inside, we have to figure out what to do!

Krennel
2010-07-09, 11:24 PM
Suprisingly calm, you hear her mutter under her breath about how a girl has got to do everything herself, and how all men are putas. She sets down the duffel bag and opens it. tossing out a few brightly colored panties and a pair of clear plastic heals, she picks up a pair of jeans. underneath you see a number of firearms and loaded clips for them. she tosses down the XS-22 in favor of an older model used by the Police force of New Moscow (a ppsh).
"Take your pick." She says looking at you.
Inside is a Sword, a Colt m1911, and a collapsed UZI. There is also a small knife poking out from under some more unmentionables.
Cap'n Jak is alive and well, though he's bleeding the shot passed clean through his mouth. The dirt covering the exit wound on his face is worth more worry, as it might well infect.
You see, because after a shot like that you can't really hear, some tables on the Patio get flipped over as people free weapons from holsters and take cover. the poor woman in front of you is bleedin' like a stuck pig.

Nanoblack
2010-07-10, 05:09 PM
Oleg attempts to drag Jak and the new woman behind some cover before continuing the firefight. "Come on you sum'bitches!"

Jesse Drake
2010-07-10, 07:54 PM
Jak pulls out his gun, and looks for the guy who shot him. "Do you know the sh*t you just got yourself into?" He growls. He looks for the guy who shot him... and opens fire.

[roll0] for [roll1] (I assume I'm within 30 ft, if not, subtract one from both rolls.

Krennel
2010-07-10, 09:07 PM
You don't spot the guy who shot you, but you do see the guy who shot at you from behind. Sadly the bullet flies wide from your prone position.
As Jak turns his head he spots the man get up from behind the guard railing. He levels the rifle and shoots at Jak, the shot kicks up dirt as he takes off.
The second man puts a shot at Oleg, which hits him in the shoulder but is stopped by the Tacmil armor.
You can't hear much because of the echo and the first rifle shot, which is a good thing, because the hail of bullets that is launched at the second sniper would surely deafen you. It comes from back over your heads, near the tables. He drops in a large amount of blood spatter.
You see men coming down the hallway you used to get here. They are outfitted in heavier armor.
End of combat 1, beginning combat 2

Krennel
2010-07-13, 02:30 AM
It's been two days. Oleg manages to drag The woman and Jak behind cover as the new combatants enter the fray. Behind the cover you find a sight just as scary. A group of Hispanic men armed with pistols and Sub machine guns return fire. Some sport tattoos, other not.
Montgomery grabs the knife, the one weapon he can use, and heads out with Amanda.
More bullets tear up the battlefield. A few of the men behind cover with you fall, bullets piercing the flimsy metal tables.

Nanoblack
2010-07-13, 03:48 AM
Oleg peeks out from cover and returns fire, aiming for the one he already hit if possible.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
"Hang in there lady, I'm gonna get you outta here."

Krennel
2010-07-28, 05:16 PM
You kill one of the men running down the passage, and notice a large power armor running with them. This won't end well.
OO: who is still here?