PDA

View Full Version : [L5R 4e]Thoughts?

NPCMook
2010-06-28, 05:06 AM
Anyone snagged the book yet? A couple of my friends have grabbed it, but I haven't had a chance to sit down and read through it?

I'm waiting for the current Campaign to end since its Phoenix and Scorpion only... And I prefer my Lion.

Umael
2010-06-28, 06:31 PM
High-traffic website, and the book released just a little while ago?

Give it a little time and ask again.

Ozreth
2010-06-28, 07:27 PM
Played The card game a bit when I was younger and have been meaning to get into the rpg for awhile now. Can some of you pros lemme know if this is a solid update to the game and a good edition to get into it with? Thanks : )

Tyrrell
2010-06-28, 07:32 PM
I haven't played since first edition so I can't give you rule specifics (on the other hand these (http://www.enworld.org/forum/blogs/l5r-design-diaries/) might) but I did look through a copy of the new book at my friendly local game store today (they only had two left) and I can tell tell you that it is gorgeous.

EvilElf
2010-06-28, 08:07 PM
I haven't had a chance to look over the 4e rules for L5R yet, I will once my roommate gets his copy of it so we can try it out. Did they make any major rule changes or just advance the story further?

Ozreth
2010-06-29, 12:35 PM
Any updates yet? : )

Tyrrell
2010-07-01, 02:01 PM
I haven't had a chance to look over the 4e rules for L5R yet, I will once my roommate gets his copy of it so we can try it out. Did they make any major rule changes or just advance the story further?

They've made the game "timeline neutral" so they did the opposite of advancing the story further.