PDA

View Full Version : Draconic Totemist?

acid_ninja
2010-06-28, 06:09 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has put up a homebrew totemist based on dragons rather than magical beasts? Is there a thread for Incarnum homebrew like there is for ToB?

If not, maybe we can make one. I imagine it would have similar abilities to the totemist but with a more narrow focus of soulmelds (although a lot of them could just be re-flavored existing totemist soulmelds).

Maybe something to mimic the frightful presence and/or a breath weapon at higher levels.

Morph Bark
2010-06-28, 06:13 AM
Aren't there a few draconic soulmelds?

Sorafolktale
2010-06-28, 07:59 AM
Yes, there are 4 or 5 draconic soulmelds.
On Dragon magic book i think, or another dragon book.

Sereg
2010-06-28, 09:19 AM
Yes. As indicated, they are in Dragon Magic and require the dragon type or dragonblood subtype to shape.

acid_ninja
2010-06-28, 09:48 AM
Yeah, saw those but I like the idea of building a whole class around the idea of dragons and soulmelds. It might be a base class or a PrC (sounds like a PrC already, actually).

Maybe we can start by brainstorming some of the iconic aspects of dragons and then see what we can re-flavor and what needs to be homebrewed. As far as class features, I'm thinking either average or full BAB, d8 hit die, low skill points (but intimidate has to be on there, along with knowledge (arcana). Rather than a single dragon as the totem I think you'd have the ability to shape soulmelds that use the characteristics of different dragons

Here's my (starting) list:

Breath Weapon
Claws
Bite
Winged Flight
Fear Aura
Treasure Hoard

lightningcat
2010-06-28, 06:26 PM
I like the idea of a draconic soulmeld prestige class.

Extra essintia capacity for draconic soulmelds
maybe use a breathweapon like a DFA

Requirements: able to shape a draconic soulmeld,
something else...:smallconfused:

If i think of any other ideas I'll add them

Chrystrom
2010-06-28, 06:56 PM
I have to say I love anything with the draconic flavor, so I would love to see this written up.

As for making it genericly draconic that makes it simplier but having to choose a color of dragon might allow you to talior some of the abilities to give more flavor based on the type of dragon.

So Breath weapon is based on your choice...maybe turing some of the spell like abilities of the normal dragons into options for this class based on your dragon choice, etc.

Glimbur
2010-06-28, 10:51 PM
So... dragon is actually pretty narrow for a meldshaper. You can have claws, a bite, wings, a breath weapon, and... scales? spells? I wouldn't want to play a full meldshaper with fewer than ten different soulmelds to pick from, and honestly you'll want at least fifteen to give some decent variety