PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends Goes Where It Pleases 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Poison_Fish
2010-06-29, 01:41 AM
And pleases where it goes.

This'll be the new thread.

First thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139094)

For those just starting the game, we have some GiTP games on saturday around noonish PST on the US servers and may have some at other times (That I am not aware of please inform me and I'll put up a list here).

GITP name, LoL name:

US
* Silverraptor, Silverraptor
* Baron Corm, Baron Corm
* Joran, ?
* Milskidasith, Milskidasith
* Moklok, KokoBWare
* Poison Fish, Baron Von Flib
* Rama, Nargus
* toasty, toastymow
* Sirroelivan, Sirroelivan
* Zeful, Zeful
* Dragonus45, Dragonus45
* Master_Rahl22, Goltoth
* Folytopo, Folytopo
* Thethan, Thethan
* Faulty, FaultyClockwork
* Thrawn183, Thrawnyboy
* Brother Oni, MarineHK4861
* Dallas-Dakota, MustacheMan
* Makensha, Jarbis
* Dragor, Supernaturalist
* Terazul, Allegretto
* Fawkes, Count Fawkes
* NeoVid, NeoVid
* LegoShrimp, LegoShrimp
* Thanatos 51-50, Thanatos Erebus
* Alter, AlterForm
* Pie Guy, Qwazes
* Kara Kuro, RaptorKitty
* Joran, Jorana
* Draken, Draken Frosthand
* Djinn in Tonic: The Djinn
* Dogmantra: Dogmantra

Europe

* Brother Oni, MarineHK4861
* Narazil, Narazil
* Penthar, Malderon
* shadowwalker64, shadowwalker64
* Rockbird, Rockbird
* Narkis, Narkis
* lord_khaine, Lord_khaine
* Adumbration, Adumbration.
* Eldariel: Elealar

Unknown

* olelia, ?, ?

Last time in LoL, there was discussion of Rageblade being a good hybrid item.

In other news. Cleanse is getting (rightly) nerfed to only effect CC (buffing ignite and Morde's ult). Mal and possibly Warwick will be getting their ults changed to cause "suppression" which locks out summoner skills as well. Discuss.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-29, 01:45 AM
Don't see me on the list yet.:smallfrown:

Summoner name: MustacheMan
Good olde USA

I like the nerf to Cleanse, it's too good as is now.

Brother Oni
2010-06-29, 01:53 AM
Can you put me up on both servers? Same summoner name on both.

You'll probably want to take TheThan off the unknown list as well given that you've marked him up on the US list.

Astrella
2010-06-29, 02:03 AM
You can also add my alt "AntimonyCarver" to the US-list.

Cute_Riolu
2010-06-29, 02:57 AM
You can also add my alt "AntimonyCarver" to the US-list.

Antimony Carver, huh?

Brother Oni
2010-06-29, 06:23 AM
You can find the rewards here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139094&page=49). (Tiers refer to the cost of the Champion, a tier 3 champion is one that costs 6.3 k Ip.

The link leads back to the same GitP page, so I think it's broken. :smalltongue:

I thought a 6.3k IP champion was tier 4, as the IP costs go 500, 1350, 3150, 6300, unless you referring to tier based off their RP costs, of which I think there are only 3.

Thrawn183
2010-06-29, 06:33 AM
I"m on the US server.
Main: Thrawnyboy
Smurf: SupahSmurfPowah

Astrella
2010-06-29, 06:39 AM
Antimony Carver, huh?

Huh?

The link leads back to the same GitP page, so I think it's broken. :smalltongue:

I thought a 6.3k IP champion was tier 4, as the IP costs go 500, 1350, 3150, 6300, unless you referring to tier based off their RP costs, of which I think there are only 3.

I was under the impression that it was rp-cost based. Anyway, here (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=46093)'s the correct link.

Also, new patch:

We will be pushing out a new PVP.net client and some balance changes during scheduled maintenance (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=148831) on 6/29/2010

New Energy Runes in the Store

Greater Seal of Meditation: +0.6 Energy regen/5 sec
Greater Seal of Lucidity: +1.05 Energy regen/5 sec at level 18
Greater Glyph of Acumen: +2 Energy
Greater Glyph of Sapience: +2.64 Energy at level 18
Greater Quintessence of Meditation: +1.5 Energy regen/5 sec
Greater Quintessence of Acumen: +4.9 Energy

PVP.net v1.13.29

First Win of the Day bonuses are now a flat 150 IP regardless of map type
Improved the "Average Wait Time" calculation while users are queued for a matchmade game
Queue dodge penalties have been increased to 6 minutes for the first offense and 15 minutes for the second and subsequent offenses
Twisted Treeline IP adjustment reduced to 22% from 30% to compensate for the average game time
Experience earned per game increased by 10% for Summoners over Level 10
Practice Game IP/XP adjustment reduced to 10% from 35%
Players will now receive XP/IP rewards for practice games with even team numbers for up to 6 games per day instead of 4 if your summoner level is greater than 10
Improved matchmaking efficiency under high load
Matchmaking now takes queue time into greater consideration
Fixed a bug where in some cases users will not get matched
Fixed several bugs where users were not receiving queue dodge penalties properly
Fixed a bug where Arranged Team chat rooms were not being created reliably
Fixed a bug where some users were not transitioning into Champion Select or into their games after the timer reached "0".
Fixed a bug where intermittent network disconnects caused a "Session Closed" message
Fixed an issue that was causing some users to see a blank screen after a game or in the Practice Game menu

League of Legends v1.0.0.94(b)

Anivia

Rebirth armor modification increased by 10 at all levels
Frost Bite range increased to 650 from 600
Flash Frost missile speed increased to 850 from 800
Flash Frost double-tap timer decreased slightly
Fixed a bug with Glacial Storm where additional damage ticks cost more mana than displayed in the tooltip
Base mana increased by 20

Akali

Twilight Shroud now grants addition magic resist equal to the armor values.
Twilight Shroud is now lasts for 8 seconds at all ranks

Ashe

Volley range reduced to 1200 from 1300
Volley damage reduced to 40/50/60/70/80 from 40/55/70/85/100

Dr. Mundo

Infected cleaver health cost increased to 30/50/70/90/110 from 20/35/50/65/80
Burning Agony crowd control reduction reduced to 15/20/25/30/35 from 25/30/35/40/45

Ezreal

Mystic Shot range reduced to 1100 from 1200
Mystic Shot damage percentage reduced to 110 from 120
Arcane Shift cooldown increased to 19/17/15/13/11 from 17/15/13/11/9

Heimerdinger

CH1 Concussion Grenade cooldown reduced to 12/11/10/9/8 from 14/13/12/11/10
H28G Evolution Turret now deals half damage to towers

Janna

Howling Gale cooldown modified to 14/13/12/11/10 from 10/10/10/10/10

Jax

Health per level reduced to 83 from 86
Base movement speed reduced to 325 from 330

Kayle

Intervention cooldown reduced to 90/75/60 from 150/120/90
Intervention duration reduced to 2/2.5/3 from 3/4/5

Shaco

Hallucination now deals half damage to turrets
Fixed a bug where Hallucinate clones would proc on-hit effects an extra time

Items

Archangel's Staff mana to ability power ratio increased to 3% from 2.5%
Innervating Locket's effects now only give half benefit to allies
Will of the Ancients will now grant double bonus to the holders if multiple members of a team have the item, like all other aura items
Changed all aura-granting items so that clones will not grant a double bonus to the aura holder. Clones with aura items otherwise interact the same with other champions.
Guardian Angel and Banshee's Veil will now only proc on cloned units if it was ready to activate when the clone was created. In other words, clones now sync their Guardian Angel and Banshee's Veil states to the main champion when created.
Clones that expire while being revived with Guardian Angel will no longer last permanently

Summoner Spells

Smite damage per level reduced to 25 from 35

Thrawn183
2010-06-29, 06:58 AM
Did Jax really need another nerf? :smallfrown:

Astrella
2010-06-29, 07:04 AM
Meh, it's not like it's really a severe one. 56 health less at level 18 and 5 less movement speed, it's not that bad.

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-29, 07:12 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about the change to Cleanse, although I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes. It's a huge buff to all DoTs, and while I mostly play Morde I seldom see other people using Cleanse. Even when I do, I just hit them with Ignite or let somebody else debuff them and wait for them to pop it, then hit them with the ult.

So, question for you guys. I love Morde because he has a great combination of damage and survivability, and with his multi-target and AoEs in a team fight I just kinda have to hit the hotkeys. :) Who would be another good champ to try? Now that Cho'Gath is free I'm thinking of trying him, and I like the looks of Pantheon too. Do you guys think I'll like them, and if not who should I try?

Rama
2010-06-29, 07:35 AM
You'd probably like both cho and pantheon if you like morde, yes. I'd give em a try.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-29, 07:46 AM
Cho probably more, since he's less squishy. He has good AP ratios, but if you're gonna spam your silence, watch your mana since it's pretty draining for the damage you're doing.

Also guys, are you new? Do you want to sign up and go play this awesome game?
Then sign up and put your referrer as MustacheMan.

By the power of Mustachio!

Rockbird
2010-06-29, 10:18 AM
You can add me to the list of european players; summoner name's the same as my username.

Faulty
2010-06-29, 10:53 AM
Put me on the list. My account is FaultyClockwork. NA servers.

Player_Zero
2010-06-29, 11:18 AM
Anyone bothering to collect referrals? I'm about to make an account on the US client you see.

Not really worth bothering with unless you get ten of them though really. Well, you get an IP boost for five as well I suppose.

Fawkes
2010-06-29, 11:29 AM
Count Fawkes is my summoner name.

Makensha
2010-06-29, 11:36 AM
Speaking of referals, there's some guy building characters to level 10 and saying I refered him. I have no idea who he is. :smallconfused: I'm not really sure what to do.

Milskidasith
2010-06-29, 11:50 AM
New patch notes:

Ashe: Her harassment is already nerfed by only having seven arrows, but dropping her damage back to normal and lowering the range probably isn't too bad.

Anivia: Good buffs, not major but helpful.

Akali: No clue, I haven't played her or seen her more than once in game.

Mundo: Pointless nerf!

Ezrael: A nerf that's actually useful!

Heimer: Makes him more active, woo!

Janna: Not enough.

Jax: Far too minor to really ever affect the save rare edge cases.

Kayle: I think the design goal is to make intervention go from being a huge buff to run in and attack, to a more reactionary ability.

Shaco: Good.

Items: Archangels buff is good, it's not a powerful item anyway. Innervating isn't so great anyway except on specific people, and nerfing it really makes the item meh, though innervating was incredibly annoying on heal teams.

shadowwalker64
2010-06-29, 11:52 AM
My name is not on that :(

shadowwalker64 on European.

IMO, Cho'gath is pretty horrible as a tank as far as I've seen (honestly, kill him once and he'll never get back on his feet). As morde, I have faced a Cho'gath max stacks and an ashe and came out with around a quarter of my HP left (killed Ashe with morde's ulti, then focused on Cho so he couldn't break down my shield).

Pantheon is an excellent choice. This week, I'll be playing as Twitch (I love him). I wouldn't recommend Amumu, as I think he requires a lot of skill to play. Maybe Morgana if you are good with spellcasters. Don't try Ryze as he is comparitively common compared to Pantheon and Twitch, so try them as much as possible. Cho'gath is also quite common, as is Ashe, so I wouldn't try them unless you REALLY want to. I've never quite seen a good aniva (I harassed them too much with Mundo's cleaver).

Poison_Fish
2010-06-29, 01:03 PM
Mundo is not pleased. Mundo finds this pointless.

Anyhow updating thread.

Fawkes, which server are you on?

Terazul
2010-06-29, 01:17 PM
Also not on the list!

Allegretto, US Server.

Player_Zero
2010-06-29, 01:19 PM
Do we have GitP games?

Do we have any sort of referrals system set up?

If not, it seems we need some sort of leadership going on.

NeoVid
2010-06-29, 01:24 PM
And can we get a link to the original thread? I was only 10 pages in, since I just got interested in this game.

Poison_Fish
2010-06-29, 01:29 PM
I added a link to the old thread and I'll put a list of GitP games, but I'm only aware of the saturday ones on the US server.

Anyhow, in terms of referrals, we currently do not have a system set up. We could do a "adopt a summoner friend" where you can choose from a list of applicants and they are there to be your "bigger brother/sister/gender neutral divine summoning being". Aid the new players while getting referred. That's the first idea that pops into my head.

Milskidasith
2010-06-29, 01:32 PM
What are the benefits for referring again?

Player_Zero
2010-06-29, 01:33 PM
Every 5 referrals gets you an IP bonus for three days. At 10 you get a tier 3 champion unlock.

That's pretty much it.

We're unlikely to get too many new players. A fair idea would be to randomly select someone to accrue referrals until they have ten. Thus maximizing benefits.

Also, gonna go ahead and add everyone on the US servers to my friends list.

Milskidasith
2010-06-29, 01:37 PM
I say we randomly suggest Milskidasith. Or Poison. Or Sirro. Or Faulty. Or... anybody.

Still, I could use an unlock, though I don't play enough for the IP boost to be that useful.

Player_Zero
2010-06-29, 01:40 PM
I was thinking more 'names out of a hat', or rather, by automatic roller.

Makensha
2010-06-29, 01:41 PM
Just to make sure I get added to the list.

Jarbis US

Milskidasith
2010-06-29, 01:44 PM
I was thinking more 'names out of a hat', or rather, by automatic roller.

Names out of a hat might be problematic considering some of the people on the list (and many of the people I never put on due to laziness/quitting the game for a while and avoiding this topic) aren't playing anymore... it would be rather wasteful to give the referrals to somebody who hasn't logged on or posted on this thread in forever.

Player_Zero
2010-06-29, 01:52 PM
They wouldn't be able to send out referrals if they're not here. That wouldn't be an issue.

In particular I meant to suggest that we should perform a random draw of someone from a list of people who have posted their interest hereafter.

Bearing in mind of course that we are unlikely to see any real number of referrals.

Nano
2010-06-29, 02:13 PM
I'm only about 9997 referrals away from making my own hero, so I think I'm qualified to have my name in a hat.

Also I have a link in my sig. Bam.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-29, 02:26 PM
I suggest you be referred by the nice guy that posted about referring, two posts above your first.

The name's MustacheMan.

:smalltongue:
Though a system would be good.
What would be even better if the player list was actually updated.

Poison_Fish
2010-06-29, 02:31 PM
I suggest you be referred by the nice guy that posted about referring, two posts above your first.

The name's MustacheMan.

:smalltongue:
Though a system would be good.
What would be even better if the player list was actually updated.

You didn't notice the updates?

Edit: Anyhow, I figure that we won't be getting enough players to get referrals to really matter overall. So I'm not sure I exactly see a point to it.

Further thought, I'm not going to keep a listing of smurfs. I think that detracts from the point of having a main account to play with. If someone wants to play with someone lower level, they can bring out the smurf then, but otherwise it's filling the pages with other accounts that I don't see as needed.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-29, 02:37 PM
Today 09:26 PM
Dallas-Dakota

Last edited by Poison_Fish : Today at 09:32 PM.

:smallwink:
Thenks:smallbiggrin:

Dragor
2010-06-29, 02:37 PM
PoisonFish, could you change the servers I play on from Europe to NA? I've always played on the NA servers but I think somebody might have misconstrued me with being in Europe and playing in Europe. Thanks.

Poison_Fish
2010-06-29, 02:42 PM
PoisonFish, could you change the servers I play on from Europe to NA? I've always played on the NA servers but I think somebody might have misconstrued me with being in Europe and playing in Europe. Thanks.

Done, I may not respond to everyones requests to change or update things with a reply, but I am keeping an eye out to keep everything updated.

Today 09:26 PM
Dallas-Dakota

Last edited by Poison_Fish : Today at 09:32 PM.

:smallwink:
Thenks:smallbiggrin:

Heh, if I had a change log, you'd notice it was before you asked. But that's all semantics anyhow :p

Fawkes
2010-06-29, 03:29 PM
I'm from the US.

Brother Oni
2010-06-29, 04:24 PM
Just played a game where our Gangplank thought it would be a good idea to build triple Tiamat. With no Infinity Edge. *Facepalm*

Needless to say, we lost.

Is there any sort of ELO level you can get to where you don't run into idiots like that? :smallsigh:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-29, 04:32 PM
No.

No there is not, only high ELO where they're just a bit more sparse.
More chance of them trying to rage-flame you though, for whatever reasons because they think they're better.(Though some noobs, like you described have it coming)

:smallfurious:

Terazul
2010-06-29, 04:45 PM
No.

No there is not, only high ELO where they're just a bit more sparse.
More chance of them trying to rage-flame you though, for whatever reasons because they think they're better.(Though some noobs, like you described have it coming)

:smallfurious:

Ayup. We had a Katarina a few games ago who only stacked Zeals for "tower pushing". Not even joking.

Also, I'm North American/US, not Europe 8D

Faulty
2010-06-29, 05:41 PM
I played against an Anivia who stacked Kage's Lucky Picks. Also, Nano once stacked Doran's Rings as Morgana. :smallfurious:

Archangel Yuki
2010-06-29, 05:54 PM
God, I would have loved to play Ezreal before the nerfs. From all the nerfing and QQing going on, it seems he could out damage Master Yi, outheal soraka , out assassinate Shaco, out tank blitz and run down a full health Ashe all at the same time.

I mean seriously, 4 straight nerf patches?

Faulty
2010-06-29, 06:06 PM
Apparently he's still good. I loves him, but I'm terrible as him. He is really hard to play.

Archangel Yuki
2010-06-29, 06:15 PM
Apparently he's still good. I loves him, but I'm terrible as him. He is really hard to play.

He's rather difficult to play, and as such should reward players who play him well. At this point i'm tempted to switch to maining Ashe; she's just as good as him but much easier to play.

NeoVid
2010-06-29, 06:15 PM
So, now that I'm going to be trying the game out, I decided to do what I always do in multiplayer games and start out by using the best support character, which looks to be Soraka.

It's already obvious that one thing you have to have down in this game is which items to buy, but I haven't seen a single guide to what to get as Soraka, except that the Innervating Locket is scarily effective for her. Little help, please?

Astrella
2010-06-29, 06:36 PM
Well, I've always been of the opinion that going AP is actually a good way to play Soraka, which might be even more true now that Locket got a nerf.

My build might be a bit more risky though, but I usually start out with a Tome and a health pot. Upgrade the Tome to a Kage's Lucky Pick, get basic boots, combine with a Fiendish Codex to get a Deathfire grasp. Then I usually go Soulshroud and Archangel's Staff.

It's not really an optimal build though.

In general though you should focus on getting ap, cooldown reduction and some tanky items with soraka.

Poison_Fish
2010-06-29, 07:26 PM
Ez is still extremely good. I think removing his healing gets rid of why I held an interest in him (high damage + some support, what Kayle was for one patch). Anyhow, his damage is very good, he holds some excellent laneing powers, and his Q is finally getting a nerf would it needs (reduced range and overall damage) along with his blink getting a longer cool down (which is needed). That doesn't reduce his effectiveness. His q is still good and has greater range then most things. His blink is still decent damage, his non-ult nuke does slow attack speed.

For soraka. Treads, locket (maybe, it's getting nerfed), soul-shroud is still good. Deathfire grasp supports well. Maybe going for will of ancients or whatever may be interesting, but not vital. Aegis isn't a bad idea either. Your essentially the same no matter what items you get. So things that increase your survivability (health, cool downs, AP) are what you want to go for. Since you want to be chain healing your team and getting people full of mana (or silencing someone in a critical point).

Faulty
2010-06-29, 11:12 PM
10/1/10 as Nidalee last game. Golly I love her. :smallbiggrin: Also, has anyone been experiencing nasty lag today?

Milskidasith
2010-06-29, 11:14 PM
I have so much hate for anivia right now... our teams anivia did terribly; never hit her Q, didn't use her ult in fights, died instantly, had the most random items (two catalysts, some stuff that didn't build into anything), and most of all, THE FRIGGING WALL.

Every teamfight she walled in such a way that separated our guys from the enemy, or saved an enemies life by walling us away from him while he was fleeing, etc. We had multiple chances to win that were ruined when Anivia killed us off with her wall.

Zeful
2010-06-29, 11:51 PM
And now I remember why I hate comparative skill games: I don't get better. Everybody else does.

I'm at level 11 and I see absolutely no point in continuing. The game stopped being fun when I my presence is worse than being a man down. And it pretty much is, no matter who I play, I get killed very quickly, as well as be group targeted. My gold influx is much slower than my teammates regardless of my lane, so by the time everyone else has Bloodthirsters and Aegis of the Legion, I'm struggling to get my first BF Sword/Shoes making my damage output very very poor (my most recent game had me at the lowest damage of 84 while Anivia had 93 with nothing boosting it).

So yeah.:smallmad:

Milskidasith
2010-06-30, 12:39 AM
And now I remember why I hate comparative skill games: I don't get better. Everybody else does.

I'm at level 11 and I see absolutely no point in continuing. The game stopped being fun when I my presence is worse than being a man down. And it pretty much is, no matter who I play, I get killed very quickly, as well as be group targeted. My gold influx is much slower than my teammates regardless of my lane, so by the time everyone else has Bloodthirsters and Aegis of the Legion, I'm struggling to get my first BF Sword/Shoes making my damage output very very poor (my most recent game had me at the lowest damage of 84 while Anivia had 93 with nothing boosting it).

So yeah.:smallmad:

Play practice games?

I mean, really, I never got stomped that bad, so the only possible thing I could see is if you would be playing games against level thirties in practice games, and even then, it seems unlikely you could actually play that poorly. Maybe if you played with us we could figure out what you need to learn, but damn, I've never had a normal game matchup with anything remotely close to that bad.

Brother Oni
2010-06-30, 06:50 AM

I'll echo what Milskidasith said.

Play practice games, focus on one or two particular champions and try and hook up with us so we can see what you're doing wrong.

One mistake I see new players making is hopping from character to character, without taking the time to learn one really well, so they end up mediocre at best with a wide range of champions.

I'll be online later tonight (6pm-midnight GMT) so look me up for some practice games and I'll try and see what you're doing wrong. My summoner name's in the first post.

As an aside, have people started coming across complete arsehats who intentionally set up their characters incorrectly in queue games? I had a Mordekaiser last week with Clarity and Revive and last night, I had a Katarina with the same (she even defended her choice of Revive).
It's annoying that they've upped the queue dodging penalty to 6/15 minutes now. :smallsigh:

Astrella
2010-06-30, 07:28 AM
Well, that's basically the reason, Oni. Instead of dodging themselves and swallowing the penalty, they just try to force someone else to dodge.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-30, 07:29 AM
:smallsigh:

Just shows the random games.
Been playing WW
Two sucky games, two very good games.

That flash is just annoying though, otherwise would've gotten 5 more kills orso.
Heck, one time I even killed somebody because the hit took longer to register then the flash.
I mean:

I ulti, he flashes at near-end. He appears at other side and instantly dies.

He said he flashed before my ulti :P
Cool though.

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-30, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I'd recommend playing with some people who you know, so they can point some things out, and definitely stick with one champ until you know them really well.

I absolutely LOVE the MFing Cho'gath! He was so fun, and the comment about dying making him suck is completely untrue. With some CD reduction, I had a 52 second cooldown on Feast, and since he can use it on minions it's easy to build your stacks back up. I'll totally give Pantheon a try later, but I'm sticking with Cho'gath until he's not free, then buying him.

Rama
2010-06-30, 07:45 AM
As an aside, have people started coming across complete arsehats who intentionally set up their characters incorrectly in queue games? I had a Mordekaiser last week with Clarity and Revive and last night, I had a Katarina with the same (she even defended her choice of Revive).
It's annoying that they've upped the queue dodging penalty to 6/15 minutes now. :smallsigh:

Yeah I think they're doing it as some stupid form of protest against the raised penalty. Almost not worth solo queueing for a while.

Rama
2010-06-30, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I'd recommend playing with some people who you know, so they can point some things out, and definitely stick with one champ until you know them really well.

I absolutely LOVE the MFing Cho'gath! He was so fun, and the comment about dying making him suck is completely untrue. With some CD reduction, I had a 52 second cooldown on Feast, and since he can use it on minions it's easy to build your stacks back up. I'll totally give Pantheon a try later, but I'm sticking with Cho'gath until he's not free, then buying him.

You can get cho for free right now. Go to the alienware website, they're doing a promotion for the nightmare chogath skin...but it also gives you the champion for free. I believe someone posted the details earlier in the thread.

Joran
2010-06-30, 08:02 AM

You can report these players to Riot. Grab a screenshot and send it over. Hopefully they get a day without LoL to contemplate what event in their childhoods lead to their anti-social behavior.

Astrella
2010-06-30, 08:08 AM
You can get cho for free right now. Go to the alienware website, they're doing a promotion for the nightmare chogath skin...but it also gives you the champion for free. I believe someone posted the details earlier in the thread.

I should do this, gives me at least one tank I can default too when needed.

Rama
2010-06-30, 08:38 AM
I should do this, gives me at least one tank I can default too when needed.

Yes you should, cho is fun :p

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Master_Rahl22
2010-06-30, 12:00 PM
If for no other reason than to say, "OM NOM NOM" in /all chat after Feasting on somebody, yes Cho'gath is fun. :smallbiggrin: Also, I may spend my first money on this game to buy the Gentleman Cho'gath skin, cause it's just awesome.

I keep getting a 404 error when trying to go to the Alienware Arena page. :smallannoyed:

Poison_Fish
2010-06-30, 02:21 PM

Play practice games, focus on one or two particular champions and try and hook up with us so we can see what you're doing wrong.

One mistake I see new players making is hopping from character to character, without taking the time to learn one really well, so they end up mediocre at best with a wide range of champions.

I'll be online later tonight (6pm-midnight GMT) so look me up for some practice games and I'll try and see what you're doing wrong. My summoner name's in the first post.

Hey now, I play most characters without much focus (At most, I've played 30 or 40 mundo games, and everything else is less then that). But then, I was fairly versatile in DotA as well. Not that everyone can do that.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-30, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I have loads of heroes that I play equally well, pretty decent with all of them.

Certain ones I don't play in TT anymore because if I have anything vaguely like a good team, it's just noobstomp and not fun anymore.(See: Ashe, Nunu)

Terazul
2010-06-30, 03:22 PM

Oh that? That's nothing new. People have been playing Clarity Revive No-Mana Champion Chicken (often shortened to just Clarity Revive Chicken) for AGES. Not gonna lie, I'm guilty of doing this a few times with my usual group when we were 4-queueing and had to pug a 5th. We usually changed to something more reasonable, once the timer got low, however.

Milskidasith
2010-06-30, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I have loads of heroes that I play equally well, pretty decent with all of them.

Certain ones I don't play in TT anymore because if I have anything vaguely like a good team, it's just noobstomp and not fun anymore.(See: Ashe, Nunu)

Nunu's not great, and Ashe is just good in all situations, not broken.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-30, 04:15 PM
Just as long as he's with atleast 1 melee'er, he'l rock.

He doesn't do DPS, but his ranged slow hits like a truck and his ulti like a oil explosion. He's got some good survivability, a attack speed+move speed buff for himself+ other unit. He can nom his health back, which grants good lanestaying power.(Or can turn a battle in early or mid game)

Even if I myself don't do a ton of damage, which the slow does, I can slow with my snowball enough. Let alone my controll of the battlefield by a properly placed ulti.(People WILL leave your poor low-mid health teammate alone to get out of your ulti or try to stop your ulti)

I've easily blasted half the health away of the enemy team in combat with my ulti a couple of times.

The buff is great for laning over, for giving your teammate(or you) the speed needed to chase and last hit and just a general advantage.

The nom is good if you need to finish off dragon or lizard and the other team is barging in or 1 of them is trying to last hit the lizard/dragon.

Not great? I respectfully disagree.

Archangel Yuki
2010-06-30, 04:20 PM
If for no other reason than to say, "OM NOM NOM" in /all chat after Feasting on somebody, yes Cho'gath is fun. :smallbiggrin: Also, I may spend my first money on this game to buy the Gentleman Cho'gath skin, cause it's just awesome.

The gentleman Cho'Gath skin is amazing, but three times the price of the hero. Hell, it's twice the price of the most expensive hero!

Cho'Gath is great as an AP build. His abilities scale well, a slow/knock-up, a silence, and a great finisher.

Milskidasith
2010-06-30, 04:34 PM
Just as long as he's with atleast 1 melee'er, he'l rock.

He doesn't do DPS, but his ranged slow hits like a truck and his ulti like a oil explosion. He's got some good survivability, a attack speed+move speed buff for himself+ other unit. He can nom his health back, which grants good lanestaying power.(Or can turn a battle in early or mid game)

Even if I myself don't do a ton of damage, which the slow does, I can slow with my snowball enough. Let alone my controll of the battlefield by a properly placed ulti.(People WILL leave your poor low-mid health teammate alone to get out of your ulti or try to stop your ulti)

I've easily blasted half the health away of the enemy team in combat with my ulti a couple of times.

The buff is great for laning over, for giving your teammate(or you) the speed needed to chase and last hit and just a general advantage.

The nom is good if you need to finish off dragon or lizard and the other team is barging in or 1 of them is trying to last hit the lizard/dragon.

Not great? I respectfully disagree.

His ult shouldn't ever hit competent enemies. There are about zero situations I can think of where, against an enemy Nunu, I'd ever get hit while using any character I play; *maybe* if I had burned cleanse, it was a teamfight, and I was Ashe so my stun didn't hit who I targeted...

Basically everybody has a silence, slow, blink, speed up, or hell, just the ability to move with enough speed to escape unless they are right next to you. It's powerful because it's absolutely impossible to land unless the enemy is in a situation he's already likely to die in.

Anyway, as for what Nunu does... he's got a high AP slow on a decent cooldown, but that's it. His ult should rarely hit competent enemies, his nom is decent for laning but useless in teamfights (which is what the game is about most of the time), his buff isn't bad but isn't really a game changer like Sivir's ult or Warwicks aspd buff or tarics damage and armor auras, and he just can't do anything in the poke heavy metagame; everybody who's useful at the moment has a stun or blink on a ten second cooldown or so, which means that, in a teamfight, there is almost no chance he won't get stunned out of his ult, and it's nearly impossible for him to get into range anyway.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-30, 05:55 PM
His ult shouldn't ever hit competent enemies. There are about zero situations I can think of where, against an enemy Nunu, I'd ever get hit while using any character I play; *maybe* if I had burned cleanse, it was a teamfight, and I was Ashe so my stun didn't hit who I targeted...

Basically everybody has a silence, slow, blink, speed up, or hell, just the ability to move with enough speed to escape unless they are right next to you. It's powerful because it's absolutely impossible to land unless the enemy is in a situation he's already likely to die in.

Anyway, as for what Nunu does... he's got a high AP slow on a decent cooldown, but that's it. His ult should rarely hit competent enemies, his nom is decent for laning but useless in teamfights (which is what the game is about most of the time), his buff isn't bad but isn't really a game changer like Sivir's ult or Warwicks aspd buff or tarics damage and armor auras, and he just can't do anything in the poke heavy metagame; everybody who's useful at the moment has a stun or blink on a ten second cooldown or so, which means that, in a teamfight, there is almost no chance he won't get stunned out of his ult, and it's nearly impossible for him to get into range anyway.
Thats why I only played him on TT, since he's just fail in River where he's much less effective. The bigger teams with much more farming make nunu more ineffective.

Yes, some people have flash, granted.(Aside from that it's being removed reasonably soon) Which is really annoying, but there are still other heroes. The thing is, you can easily controll the positioning OR force them to take a very high amount of dmg.

As for ''competent enemies'', even at my 200 wins, I give you: Random Queuing.

His buff trick is that unlike ww or sivir's buff, it isn't only for yourself(Or was sivir's buff also for nearby allies? But that's her FRIGGEN ULTI anyhow, hard beating a buff like that) but also for one other target.It's great for letting allies escape, chase, just give them 12-20(Can't exactly remember)%movement speed and something something of +% attack speed
Or making your lifesteal warwick survive that 1-1 if you barely have any mana(or health and thus can't charge in) since your buff is very low mana-cost.

Anyway, the thing is, yes, on River, he's pretty bad, but on TT with a decent player, he's actually good. Not at all what you'd expect.

I have about 12 wins and 6 loses with him. Either our team was just trampled by a far superior enemy(and not just me being beatne up) or I have a positive k/d ratio and/or I have more then double the amount of assists then deaths.(Depending on your teammates and how fed you are, nunu isn't particularly great at last hitting)

Zeful
2010-06-30, 06:27 PM
His buff trick is that unlike ww or sivir's buff, it isn't only for yourself(Or was sivir's buff also for nearby allies? But that's her FRIGGEN ULTI anyhow, hard beating a buff like that)

Sivir's buff is all nearby allies.

Terazul
2010-06-30, 06:36 PM
Sivir's buff is all nearby allies.

To that effect, so is Warwick's. Yeah, Nunu is fun but... "Meh" at best. Though a friend and I had a fun time for a day pulling the Mumu/Nunu Ult from the grass combo.

Milskidasith
2010-06-30, 06:41 PM
Yes, some people have flash, granted.(Aside from that it's being removed reasonably soon) Which is really annoying, but there are still other heroes. The thing is, you can easily controll the positioning OR force them to take a very high amount of dmg.

You can't really control the positioning that well with your ult, because 90% of the time, you can be stunned out of dealing good damage anyway.

As for ''competent enemies'', even at my 200 wins, I give you: Random Queuing.

If beating noobs is a measure of greatness, Trynd, Eve, and Yi (though he's actually a decent jungler/laner) are the three most OP characters in the game. As a counterexample, I'll say that Ezrael is near brokenly OP (though without the heal, he's much less effective, though still very powerful) but I'm terrible with him, as are most pubs.

His buff trick is that unlike ww or sivir's buff, it isn't only for yourself(Or was sivir's buff also for nearby allies? But that's her FRIGGEN ULTI anyhow, hard beating a buff like that) but also for one other target.It's great for letting allies escape, chase, just give them 12-20(Can't exactly remember)%movement speed and something something of +% attack speed
Or making your lifesteal warwick survive that 1-1 if you barely have any mana(or health and thus can't charge in) since your buff is very low mana-cost.

WW and Sivir's buffs are both all nearby allies, and on shorter CDs than yours.

Anyway, the thing is, yes, on River, he's pretty bad, but on TT with a decent player, he's actually good. Not at all what you'd expect.

Meh, I've seen him on TT, he's still not impressive. The only difference is that instead of being guaranteed to get stunned out of his ult, he's just likely to, so it might actually land sometimes.

I have about 12 wins and 6 loses with him. Either our team was just trampled by a far superior enemy(and not just me being beatne up) or I have a positive k/d ratio and/or I have more then double the amount of assists then deaths.(Depending on your teammates and how fed you are, nunu isn't particularly great at last hitting)

And? I've got 40+ wins and about half as many losses as Udyr; that doesn't mean he's good (well, OK, he was horrible, then bad, then broken, then great, then useless again, then OK, and now he's a niche jungler/stunner and minor damage, so it might not be the best example). I have tons of wins with Cho, and suck with Alistar, and Alistar is (or was, he got nerfed a lot so I'm not sure now) the better tank.

Dragonus45
2010-06-30, 07:24 PM
Im hopping on right now, and ill be on till midnight or so eastern standard time, or whatever that is gmt. I think i have most people added already but if not add me and we should get some game going.

Kettle
2010-06-30, 10:16 PM
I used to think that Nunu sucked too, but then I watched this high ELO livestream game where he had great team support and synergy. I think it was nicosharp playing the Nunu, and he got off some amazing ults that just ate the other team. So, yeah, I guess I don't think he's terrible anymore, but he really takes amazing teamwork and the right champions to be viable. Not recommended for solo queue.

Anyway, feel free to add me to the OP. Kettle747 on the US server.

Milskidasith
2010-06-30, 10:23 PM
I used to think that Nunu sucked too, but then I watched this high ELO livestream game where he had great team support and synergy. I think it was nicosharp playing the Nunu, and he got off some amazing ults that just ate the other team. So, yeah, I guess I don't think he's terrible anymore, but he really takes amazing teamwork and the right champions to be viable. Not recommended for solo queue.

Anyway, feel free to add me to the OP. Kettle747 on the US server.

Teamwork cannot stop cleanse, flash, inherent blinks, stuns, silences, and movespeed buffs. Against a competent team, it doesn't matter how well you support a Nunu trying to ult, the fight will just delay while everybody backs out and continues poking.

Kettle
2010-06-30, 10:30 PM
http://www.clgaming.net/index.php?page=livestream

Go to the commentary tab at the bottom and watch for yourself. I'm not claiming to be good at this game or anything, but I've heard of a fair number of these players and they somehow pulled it off. Even if he didn't manage to get the full ult off, the slow let the AoE go to work.

EDIT: Actual gameplay starts at about 17:00 or so.

Milskidasith
2010-06-30, 10:36 PM
http://www.clgaming.net/index.php?page=livestream

Go to the commentary tab at the bottom and watch for yourself. I'm not claiming to be good at this game or anything, but I've heard of a fair number of these players and they somehow pulled it off.

From what I saw (skipping through it) most every time Nunu tried to ult... he got stunned out of it. I don't deny the ult *can* work sometimes... but both teams were kind of dumb (fighting over dragon, focusing the wrong people), the characters didn't seem to be very good picks overall anyway; Shen, Soraka, Sivir, and Ashe, are the only ones there who were definitely useful in most teams, and the lack of heroes such as Taric, Janna, and Ezrael make me doubt the play was really that high level.

Kettle
2010-06-30, 10:39 PM
Well, no, it's not a tournament, just a premade vs a premade with some of the better players in the game. I'm sure no one actually tries him in tournament play, but that seems kind of irrelevant to how it applies to our gaming. I'm just saying that it seems that a good player can make it work in a casual high ELO match.

There are at least two or three full ults that he gets off, mostly near the beginning. Then, yes, the other team managed to stun him more regularly.

EDIT: Whoops, you ninja'd my post. Well, whatever, I think we agree in general. I'd argue that Sivir, Heimer, and Ashe are all good champions as well, though.

Milskidasith
2010-06-30, 10:42 PM
Well, no, it's not a tournament, just a premade vs a premade with some of the better players in the game. I'm sure no one actually tries him in tournament play, but that seems kind of irrelevant to how it applies to our gaming. I'm just saying that it seems that a good player can make it work in a casual high ELO match.

There are at least two or three full ults that he gets off, mostly near the beginning. Then, yes, the other team managed to stun him more regularly.

Two or three ults, for a character designed around his ult, in a fifty minute game is horrible.

If Annie only hit two or three winbears in a game, she'd be considered terrible. If Fiddle only ulted two or three times, he'd be near useless. So why is it that somehow a Nunu hitting a couple ults is amazing?

Anyway, your logic is basically the same logic for why people complain Eve is OP: If you play against people who aren't smart enough to counter her, then she's amazing. But she still sucks if you actually know how to play her.

Nunu's not useless... his ult's just essentially dead weight most of the time, and you can get a lot better team support from many other heroes.; for instance, Taric is essentially better for the team than Nunu in all ways (better buffs, better crowd control, still tanky with the ability to deal good damage if you load up on aura items, and if you want to burn your powerful armor buff, good AoE damage).

Kettle
2010-06-30, 10:52 PM
Well, yeah, I essentially agree with you. There are better choices. I guess I just mean that he's situationally good, but that's very rare in blindpick games. I just used to think that he was Eve level bad against anything resembling competent play.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think fighting over the dragon is bad? I always thought that controlling it was a good way to gain an XP and gold advantage over the other team.

Milskidasith
2010-06-30, 10:55 PM
Well, yeah, I essentially agree with you. There are better choices. I guess I just mean that he's situationally good, but that's very rare in blindpick games. I just used to think that he was Eve level bad against anything resembling competent play.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think fighting over the dragon is bad? I always thought that controlling it was a good way to gain an XP and gold advantage over the other team.

Fighting over dragon is smart.

Going in with three people who weren't exactly at high HP and were fairly low level against dragon with everybody MIA against a team that presumably warded it was stupid. They weren't high enough level to kill it quickly (look how slowly its health was going down) and the enemy could (and did) ruin dragon if they showed up.

Folytopo
2010-07-01, 12:00 AM
Hey guys we just came back from a twisted treeline game where our team had our nexus turret left and the other team had all their turrets. Thank you to qwazes and flak for that crazy comeback. Flak carnied the day!

Master_Rahl22
2010-07-01, 03:47 PM
Do you guys prefer AP, tank, or hybrid items/masteries/runes for Cho'gath? However you manage it, I'm definitely a fan of Cooldown Reduction on him, since you can get Feast down to (IIRC) 36 seconds, great for building up stacks even from 0.

I had a game last night where I grabbed Spirit Visage and Merc Treads first since the other team was almost all magic damage and CC, then went Nashor's and Banshee's. So I was mostly tank with some AP on there, ended up 5-8-12 which I don't think is bad considering it was only my third game with the Gentleman, and we were behind by 14 or so kills even though we outpushed them to come up with the win.

NeoVid
2010-07-01, 03:52 PM
Well, I'm giving the game a shot.

Name both here and in LoL is NeoVid, and I'd BETTER be on the US server... didn't think to make sure.

Astrella
2010-07-01, 03:58 PM
Want an introduction game or something? I could always log in on my low-level alt.

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-01, 09:32 PM
So I gotta say even post nerf Ezreal is still stupidly good for players who know how to play him. Every game we a ww in, I end up taking a lane 2v1. Most games I can easily hold my own and some games i've even gotten fed.

NeoVid
2010-07-01, 11:33 PM
Well, had the time to get in my first game today. Ran Ryze, since a veteran player I know said he's an amazing noob character, and the other ones I wanted to try (Gankplank and Cho-gath) are... not.

Thanks to constant assistance from the experienced players at the cybercafe, I ended up with a 6/4/8 record and a victory, despite my team's losing an inhibitor. We managed to bring down two of their inhibitors with a 4-player push on mid, and won a few minutes later.

So my first game ever got my First Win of the Day bonus!

I've already been sent a half-dozen friend requests, likely from you guys. I'll be on for a good long time on Sunday.

How many games is it likely to take to be able to get the 400-something points to unlock Soraka?

Zeful
2010-07-01, 11:46 PM
4-8 games roughly. It depends on many factors.

Cute_Riolu
2010-07-01, 11:47 PM
How many games is it likely to take to be able to get the 400-something points to unlock Soraka?

Given you got your first win bonus? Probly just another first win would do it, really. Another after that, at the most.

Brother Oni
2010-07-02, 03:52 AM
Isn't IP and XP gains scaling, based on your Summoner level?

In any case, another Win of the Day and one more game or two should get you the 400 you need.

Master_Rahl22
2010-07-02, 07:31 AM
Do you guys prefer AP, tank, or hybrid items/masteries/runes for Cho'gath? However you manage it, I'm definitely a fan of Cooldown Reduction on him, since you can get Feast down to (IIRC) 36 seconds, great for building up stacks even from 0.

I had a game last night where I grabbed Spirit Visage and Merc Treads first since the other team was almost all magic damage and CC, then went Nashor's and Banshee's. So I was mostly tank with some AP on there, ended up 5-8-12 which I don't think is bad considering it was only my third game with the Gentleman, and we were behind by 14 or so kills even though we outpushed them to come up with the win.

No thoughts on items for Cho'gath?

Nano
2010-07-02, 07:42 AM
Warmog's and Atma's Impaler are always good on him. Never played AP Bro'Gath before though.

Astrella
2010-07-02, 08:35 AM
Do warn your teammates when you're playing a champ is a role different from it's default. Nothing as annoying as having a Malphas & Cho'gath on your team for example, with neither of them building tank.

Thrawn183
2010-07-02, 08:36 AM
I've found AP Cho' to be far superior. You certainly can build Cho as a tank, but once people realize you aren't doing any damage, they pretty much just ignore you. Still, double Warmog's on Cho' is really fun.

Astrella
2010-07-02, 08:42 AM
Oh, really? Hard to ignore someone with an aoe-stun, aoe-silence who can nomnom squishy characters.

(I don't build warmogs though, since I don't find it a very good item.)

Prince Gimli
2010-07-02, 08:45 AM
For all your Cho'Gath needs:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=148300

I've found AP Cho' to be far superior. You certainly can build Cho as a tank, but once people realize you aren't doing any damage, they pretty much just ignore you. Still, double Warmog's on Cho' is really fun.

Very true. Throw in spirit visage for even more fun ;). Too bad it doesn't really work. But then, AP Cho's burst damage is sick enough to make up for that, if you can hit with rupture.

Faulty
2010-07-02, 09:23 AM
You get Cho's health up and give him and Guardian Angel and Atma's Impaler and he's really freaking hard to kill with 7 stacks, and can just run into the enemy team and nom. Leave the mad deeps to your carries and dps brosephs.

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-02, 12:31 PM
Oh, really? Hard to ignore someone with an aoe-stun, aoe-silence who can nomnom squishy characters.

(I don't build warmogs though, since I don't find it a very good item.)

A predictable and avoidable aoe-stun, aoe-silence and nom nom of the squishy characters. The problem is, anyone who has played against an AP cho'gath knows what to expect.
Generally, for items, I build Sheen, then Lich Bane, then boots, then archangels staff.
As an alternative, build archangels staff, another archangels staff, boots, and some mana boosting items. The 3% ap gain from mana from Archangels staff isn't unique; it stacks with itself.

Astrella
2010-07-02, 12:35 PM
Meh, even if it's semi-easy to avoid, it still has the value of controlling enemy movement, which is just as handy.

shadowwalker64
2010-07-02, 01:24 PM
True, as you can. uur... spike them behind so their squishies have to keep fighting or they get stunned and nommed. You could perhaps also build up stuns with someone like ashe or heimer.

Any thoughts on a Pantheon Build? I'm thinking Bloodthirster, Boots of Swiftness and perhaps black cleaver (playing TT so I might not be able to get the last one), but I might be thinking about doing Phantom dancer, Boots of swiftness and maybe trinity. Any ideas?

Zeful
2010-07-02, 02:07 PM
*snip*

Update: A couple of days ago BrotherOni ran some practice games with me to see what my problem was. He came to the conclusion that I was "too aggressive", having played a few days since then I can see what he means. Too many of my deaths have been because of me rushing in and not paying attention to where everyone is (though after backing off a little it's now more 50/50 between being overly aggressive, and enemy teamwork simply mowing the entire team over). The knowledge of over-aggressiveness has helped my game and made the entire experience more fun, though he really didn't have much to say about about my champion (Sivir) strategy other than to play more DPS-as-harrasment, then what-ever I was doing before (farming maybe?). Most of the problems from my last post, in light of this new knowledge, rectify themselves.

So, yeah. Anybody got good advice for Sivir specifically?

Cute_Riolu
2010-07-02, 02:52 PM

Sivir, huh...? I'm no Sivir expert by any means, but first things first, work on mastering use of your spell shield. You can stay in-lane almost indefinitely if you use it effectively. Try to get yourself paired up against someone with a skillshot for that purpose, and practice a LOT with it.

Her Boomerang Blade is excellent for harassing and farming, as is ricochet. I can't really speak much for items, but Chalice is quite good on her, letting her spam ricochet and BB in equal measure. Also, remember that BB can hit opponents twice. (I've always wondered if it's possible to hit them three times with the help of Flash, but am too lazy to test that, as I don't often play Sivir.)

She herself is an EXCELLENT pusher and aura-Sivir is quite effective. On the Hunt (IIRC) affects your minions as well, so if you know you're safe, push for all you're worth with that, though try to keep aware of enemy positions so you'll know when to run.

Poison_Fish
2010-07-02, 03:33 PM
Sivir, huh...? I'm no Sivir expert by any means, but first things first, work on mastering use of your spell shield. You can stay in-lane almost indefinitely if you use it effectively. Try to get yourself paired up against someone with a skillshot for that purpose, and practice a LOT with it.

Her Boomerang Blade is excellent for harassing and farming, as is ricochet. I can't really speak much for items, but Chalice is quite good on her, letting her spam ricochet and BB in equal measure. Also, remember that BB can hit opponents twice. (I've always wondered if it's possible to hit them three times with the help of Flash, but am too lazy to test that, as I don't often play Sivir.)

She herself is an EXCELLENT pusher and aura-Sivir is quite effective. On the Hunt (IIRC) affects your minions as well, so if you know you're safe, push for all you're worth with that, though try to keep aware of enemy positions so you'll know when to run.

There was a bug back in the day that if you flashed at just the right moment while your boomerang is coming back to you, it'd leave the boomerang in place until your next cool down. Anything walking into it would be shredded as it'd count as a boomerang "hit" every .5 seconds. I had it done once a while back where an invis twitch was like "What is this" and then died the moment he touched it.

Anyhow, chalice and merc treads are pretty core items to keep pushing and sating alive. Starks, Bloodthirster, Aegis, and so on are decent at keeping that push alive and well, just be ready to spell shield and get out of dodge. If you know where all the enemies are (and they aren't near you), and you have a push going, feel free to just take a tower if you can get away with it.

Faulty
2010-07-02, 03:39 PM
I love Twitch so much. I mean fighting him. Because he dies so quickly.

Poison_Fish
2010-07-02, 05:37 PM
I love Twitch so much. I mean fighting him. Because he dies so quickly.

Or just exhausting him through his ult "Good day sir :P"

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-02, 06:27 PM
Anyone want to come pubstomp with a couple others? Me, Dragonus, and Zeful are all going to.
Friend me. Im Yocham.

Poison_Fish
2010-07-02, 06:45 PM
Anyone want to come pubstomp with a couple others? Me, Dragonus, and Zeful are all going to.
Friend me. Im Yocham.

You are aware that your likely not "pub stomping" when you start going together with a group of friends, right? At least not after awhile.

Milskidasith
2010-07-02, 06:56 PM
Well, in practice games, you might be. It's amazing how awful some practice players are even at level 30 (note: I play practice games almost exclusively because I tend to get queue dodged a lot in regular games, especially with the clarity/revive mundo/kat protesters of the new penalty.)

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-02, 08:08 PM
You are aware that your likely not "pub stomping" when you start going together with a group of friends, right? At least not after awhile.
Well yeah, but pubstomp is the best way to get across what we are doing. I'm getting a group of players together that I know are competant to do random games.

Makensha
2010-07-02, 08:32 PM
This is an in-the-works build for Kayle, tell me what you think:

1) Philosopher's Stone
2) Boots of Whatever's Appropriate
3) Phage, Sheen, Zeal (Turns into Trinity)
4) Trinity
5) Guinsoo's Rageblade
6) Soul Shroud, Frozen Mallet, or maybe another Guinsoo's Rageblade. I've never actually gotten this far
7) If I get a Soul Shroud or Frozen Mallet at six, Guinsoo's Rageblade. If I got another Guinsoo's Rageblade, SS or FM
8) ??? (Sell Philosopher's Stone)

Milskidasith
2010-07-02, 08:37 PM
Why would you get two rageblades?

Makensha
2010-07-02, 08:39 PM
Far as I know they stack, and stat-wise they are perfect for Kayle.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-02, 11:24 PM
They don't really stack. Their base stats do. And every time you use a skill or an attack you get one stack per rageblade. So you will get stacks faster... But they'll still reach the same cap. I would suggest Nashor's Tooth for a good replacement to... more rage.

Poison_Fish
2010-07-03, 02:15 AM
Well yeah, but pubstomp is the best way to get across what we are doing. I'm getting a group of players together that I know are competant to do random games.

You... still don't see why it's not a pub stomp, right? If your getting a group of players together, you are likely getting matched with another group of competent players (Though this won't always be the case). Unless your all level one or have horrible ELO, you are likely to be matched with another premade.

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-03, 05:04 AM
You... still don't see why it's not a pub stomp, right? If your getting a group of players together, you are likely getting matched with another group of competent players (Though this won't always be the case). Unless your all level one or have horrible ELO, you are likely to be matched with another premade.

I understand how the ELO system works. I'm not stupid. I know it's not pubstomping, but it's a term people are familiar with. That is why I used it.

Nano
2010-07-03, 06:44 AM
I've been watching Haruhi all the way through for the past several hours, and...

I need Ezreal. I love that dance.

(Also, Statue of Karthas, Uncle Ryze, and Minuteman Gangplank are now available.)

Player_Zero
2010-07-03, 08:45 AM
Ezreal does the Hare Hare Yukai dance huh. I see...

Any of them have the thing from Super Driver as a taunt by chance?

Astrella
2010-07-03, 09:30 AM
Hoping lots of people show up today: then we can play some more 3v3's. Or perhaps even a 5v5 if we manage to get 10 together.

Faulty
2010-07-03, 10:03 AM
Hoping lots of people show up today: then we can play some more 3v3's. Or perhaps even a 5v5 if we manage to get 10 together.

What time is it again? :smallsigh:

Dragonus45
2010-07-03, 10:11 AM
Well yeah, but pubstomp is the best way to get across what we are doing. I'm getting a group of players together that I know are competent to do random games.
well i found the fatal flaw in your plan, you used me and competent in the same sentence without a negative dis-qualifier.

I might be ale to get on for some games tonight, but i work from 11:30 to 7:30 est. Not sure how that matches up with who will be on when.

Astrella
2010-07-03, 11:18 AM
What time is it again? :smallsigh:

4 pm est is the regular time.

Makensha
2010-07-03, 01:25 PM
I just finished an interesting and frustrating game.

In the lane phase, our team dominated mid and top, while a Nunu on the other team crushed bot. Our Jax was a killing machine, and we just kept feeding.
After that, it started to go downhill. The other team would get in a group of five, and the most we ever got together was three. It was silly. The only thing that saved us was that the Nunu was the only character who was good on their team.
So toward endgame, somebody alerts to defend a turret, I typed, "That means everyone." Everyone assembles, and in under four minutes (maybe not, but it was pretty dang fast) we take out four turrets, two inhibitors, and destroy their Nexus.
We had a group of solid players, but some just didn't take the time to join in group fights.

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-03, 02:24 PM
well i found the fatal flaw in your plan, you used me and competent in the same sentence without a negative dis-qualifier.

I might be ale to get on for some games tonight, but i work from 11:30 to 7:30 est. Not sure how that matches up with who will be on when.

You did rather well considering you have never used Amumu before. Well timed bandages and ultis.

Poison_Fish
2010-07-03, 02:27 PM
I understand how the ELO system works. I'm not stupid. I know it's not pubstomping, but it's a term people are familiar with. That is why I used it.

So, your not going to use the other term that's also familiar and more accurate? A premade? :p.

Edit: As usual I will not show up for saturday games. In this case, rather then a roleplaying game, I'm going to a fetish cafe (for SCIENCE).

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-03, 02:49 PM
So, your not going to use the other term that's also familiar and more accurate? A premade? :p.

Edit: As usual I will not show up for saturday games. In this case, rather then a roleplaying game, I'm going to a fetish cafe (for SCIENCE).

Would be a premade but I never got 5 of us together. 3 didn't seem to move things in a far enough direction for us to encounter per mades; we stomped those pubs pretty well.

Dragonus45
2010-07-03, 06:57 PM
Well their are rather good odds i might be able to get a vent server for us to use when were in a game. Its just a matter of squeezing into my old wow guilds server. Im negotiating now and the chances of us getting to make a room are rather good.

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-04, 03:34 AM
I have far too much fun playing Blitz. I've spent enough time playing Ezreal that I can land my hand o' destruction rather well, and tonight I laned with a twitch, which I had never done before.
Oh good lord were good times had.

Poison_Fish
2010-07-04, 03:53 AM
I have far too much fun playing Blitz. I've spent enough time playing Ezreal that I can land my hand o' destruction rather well, and tonight I laned with a twitch, which I had never done before.
Oh good lord were good times had.

Poppy Blitzcrank lane is full of hilarity and fun. Pull them into walls for more pain!

On that note, my friends and I have done team football. Blitzcrank, Poppy, Tristana, Alistar, and Janna.

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-04, 03:58 AM
Poppy Blitzcrank lane is full of hilarity and fun. Pull them into walls for more pain!

On that note, my friends and I have done team football. Blitzcrank, Poppy, Tristana, Alistar, and Janna.

:D that sound awesome.
But wheres Ezreal?

Poison_Fish
2010-07-04, 04:40 AM
:D that sound awesome.
But wheres Ezreal?

Ezreal doesn't move opponents around, so he can't treat someone like a ball.

Astrella
2010-07-04, 05:53 AM
Hmm, experimental evidence has shown that I'm actually quite decent with Heimer as well.

Edit: In case you hadn't seen this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJAN1oDRJpk) yet. (Voice is a bit annoying though.)

Joran
2010-07-04, 05:58 AM
Hmm, experimental evidence has shown that I'm actually quite decent with Heimer as well.

I love playing as Heimer, but his damage is a little too random for my tastes. I can't focus anyone, because almost none of his spells are within his control. With creeps + team fight, he does a bit of AoE damage and his turrets can put on a huge amount of pain, but I always end up feeling as though I'm not really participating.

That said, I tend to get really gaudy numbers as Heimer, since I never die.

Astrella
2010-07-04, 06:04 AM
Well, good positioning tends to alleviate the randomness a bit. I'm finally getting the hang of good grenade tosses as well.

Hmm, on another note, I sometimes wonder if people don't even know that you can actually spot Cho casting rupture on the ground. Played against a Soraka yesterday who dodged not a single rupture. :smallsigh:

Joran
2010-07-04, 06:18 AM
Well, good positioning tends to alleviate the randomness a bit. I'm finally getting the hang of good grenade tosses as well.

Hmm, on another note, I sometimes wonder if people don't even know that you can actually spot Cho casting rupture on the ground. Played against a Soraka yesterday who dodged not a single rupture. :smallsigh:

This is why I love pairing Cho'gath with Alistar. Rupture can't miss if you're aiming for stunned targets ;) Follow up with an AoE silence and it's mop up duty. Of course it requires Alistar to get into the middle of the enemy group; I'll miss you Flash ;_;

Although, I think they reverted back the old trick of Headbutt->Pulverize, which I never learned to do.

toasty
2010-07-04, 10:10 AM
Hmm... I've found that WW actually, in 3v3 at least, makes an interesting hybrid tank. If find yourself facing three dps heroes (which is easy enough in 3v3) often times getting thornmail in the late game can be quite useful. Plus, thornmail is really cheap... I love thornmail.

Oh, and Gangplank, while he isn't the best... is still real fun.

Rama
2010-07-04, 10:13 AM

You know who else is fun to lane with? Teemo.

One of my rl friends plays Teemo, and I can't tell you how many kills we've gotten that begin with me yanking some poor squishy enemy into one of his mushrooms. Hilarious every time.

And while I haven't done it, I'd imagine the same thing with a heimer turret bunch or shaco jitb nest would be quite fun as well.

Rama
2010-07-04, 10:15 AM

Yeah the real trick is leading them and anticipating movements. Thats always fun, when they dodge and get ruptured anyway :p

Brother Oni
2010-07-04, 02:09 PM
though he really didn't have much to say about about my champion (Sivir) strategy other than to play more DPS-as-harrasment, then what-ever I was doing before (farming maybe?). Most of the problems from my last post, in light of this new knowledge, rectify themselves.

I think your build is just fine, it's the order that needs tweaking specifically.

Ricohet isn't that useful without attack damage and you leave getting attack damage items until quite late in your build.

Some builds have been suggested by other players (DPS, Aura) but if you can get the hang of Boomerang, then you may want to look into an AP build.

As somebody else has noted, you can get people twice with the Boomerang (coming and going) and you can extend the return flight by quite a bit by running away just after you throw it.

This is an in-the-works build for Kayle, tell me what you think:

1) Philosopher's Stone
2) Boots of Whatever's Appropriate
3) Phage, Sheen, Zeal (Turns into Trinity)
4) Trinity
5) Guinsoo's Rageblade
6) Soul Shroud, Frozen Mallet, or maybe another Guinsoo's Rageblade. I've never actually gotten this far
7) If I get a Soul Shroud or Frozen Mallet at six, Guinsoo's Rageblade. If I got another Guinsoo's Rageblade, SS or FM
8) ??? (Sell Philosopher's Stone)

I build Kayle like this:

1) Meki Pendent/Amplifying Tome -> Fiendish Codex
2) Mercury Treads/Boots of Swiftness
3) Nashor's Tooth
4) Guinsoo's Rageblade
5) Frozen Heart/Zhonya's Ring/Black Cleaver/Frozen Mallet depending on the other team.

My games tend not to last beyond Rageblade, but I never really considered getting Trinity as I find it hard to farm with Kayle the way I play (I usually play her as a support rather than a pusher).

Early game I prefer harassing with Redemption rather than using her fire sword ability - I wonder if leveling up that early instead of Redemption would be more effective?

Milskidasith
2010-07-04, 02:18 PM
I think your build is just fine, it's the order that needs tweaking specifically.

Ricohet isn't that useful without attack damage and you leave getting attack damage items until quite late in your build.

Some builds have been suggested by other players (DPS, Aura) but if you can get the hang of Boomerang, then you may want to look into an AP build.

Ricochet is basically based on whatever is more efficient for your attacks; if attack speed is more useful, then ricochet benefits more from it. AD is still useful most of the time, and AP Sivir is nothing more than A: a curiosity and B: a source of slightly more harassment in the laning phase.

Brother Oni
2010-07-04, 02:31 PM
Ricochet is basically based on whatever is more efficient for your attacks; if attack speed is more useful, then ricochet benefits more from it. AD is still useful most of the time, and AP Sivir is nothing more than A: a curiosity and B: a source of slightly more harassment in the laning phase.

I think Zeful builds Chalice, Boots, then Starks, so he's skimping on the attack damage component which makes the Lifesteal useful, and with armour, the low attack damage from the Ricohet bounces are virtually ignorable, even if they do come more often.

I certainly found it ignorable when I was playing against him (although I was playing a tank Cho'gath).

I find AP Sivir extremely effective at eliminating opposing support characters as with the Boomerang damage means her Ricohet is no longer ignorable. I certainly agree that in a big toe-to-toe team fight, she's of limited effectiveness but in skirmishing fights, she's very useful.
Bear in mind our ELO differences - at my level, AP is still a viable build.

Milskidasith
2010-07-04, 02:34 PM
I think Zeful builds Chalice, Boots, then Starks, so he's skimping on the attack damage component which makes the Lifesteal useful, and with armour, the low attack damage from the Ricohet bounces are virtually ignorable, even if they do come more often.

I certainly found it ignorable when I was playing against him (although I was playing a tank Cho'gath).

I find AP Sivir extremely effective at eliminating opposing support characters as with the Boomerang damage means her Ricohet is no longer ignorable. I certainly agree that in a big toe-to-toe team fight, she's of limited effectiveness but in skirmishing fights, she's very useful.
Bear in mind our ELO differences - at my level, AP is still a viable build.

Boomerang is good harassment, certainly, but so are higher powered ricochets. Also, Sivir is an aura based character; generally, with a good team you'd want her getting farmed and buying starks and, say, an aegis.

Voidhawk
2010-07-04, 02:57 PM
I build Kayle like this:

3) Nashor's Tooth
4) Guinsoo's Rageblade
5) Frozen Heart/Zhonya's Ring/Black Cleaver/Frozen Mallet depending on the other team.

My games tend not to last beyond Rageblade, but I never really considered getting Trinity as I find it hard to farm with Kayle the way I play (I usually play her as a support rather than a pusher).

Early game I prefer harassing with Redemption rather than using her fire sword ability - I wonder if leveling up that early instead of Redemption would be more effective?

I build Kayle in pretty much the same way, just getting the Rageblade before Nashor's Tooth, and Bezerker's Greaves instead of Swiftness. The only other difference is that I get Trinity Force and/or the Hextech Gunblade as final items (I call it "The build that Never Ends!" :smalltongue:).

As for leveling the righteous-flaming-whatever over Redemption, I heartily recomend it. Two hits with it does more damage early than Redemption, and it's much less mana intensive, allowing you to stay in lane longer. Plus, it's range allows you to keep away from enemies, meaning you can farm much easier.

Makensha
2010-07-04, 03:01 PM
I build Kayle like this:

3) Nashor's Tooth
4) Guinsoo's Rageblade

Righteous Fury is pretty deadly if you stack AD or AP early game, especially against a caster with low health, because with many you can compete damage wise, but have a larger health pool. Really, I base it more on my team mate. (For instance, Jax means Redemption and Divine Blessing take priority).

My most recent attempt to build Kayle looks like this:

1) Doran's Ring
2) Boots of Whatever
3) Nashor's Tooth
4) Guinsoo's Gunblade
5) Black Cleaver/Frozen Mallet/Rylai's Crystal Scepter

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-04, 04:55 PM
Oh right, Nashors powns on Cho'gath.

That is all.
Attack speed: Way more last hitting minions = more health regen + better farming
AP = Always usefull and is a pretty good amount.
CDR = 25%, just what you need as Cho'gath because you'l want to spam rupture as much as possible, silence on the casters as much as possible in late-game. And FEAST, is awesome with cdr. With Gollem Buff and Nashors, you easily get the max of 40%

Also being able to spam your feast and rupture more make you a much bigger presence as tank, instead of your squishy DPS guys who also do muchos dmg.

Kettle
2010-07-04, 08:08 PM
I'm a firm believer that aura builds are the way to go with Sivir if you have a decent team. AP is kinda fun to goof off with, but Sivir is so good at farming and a quick Starks (and sometimes Aegis, if you get fed) can really make a huge difference in early teamfights. It's extremely satisfying to bring down an inhibitor by the 20 minute mark with a well executed aura build.

Narkis
2010-07-04, 08:20 PM
A friend convinced me to start playing LoL the other day. I'm Narkis, naturally, on the European server. Of the free heroes I loved Warwick, though Cho'gath's pretty good too. Anyway, any tips for new players? And any suggestions for Warwick? He's a killing machine late game with some extra attack speed and lifesteal, but quite rubbish early.

Milskidasith
2010-07-04, 08:24 PM
A friend convinced me to start playing LoL the other day. I'm Narkis, naturally, on the European server. Of the free heroes I loved Warwick, though Cho'gath's pretty good too. Anyway, any tips for new players? And any suggestions for Warwick? He's a killing machine late game with some extra attack speed and lifesteal, but quite rubbish early.

If you're laning with Warwick, you're playing him wrong. He's built to enter the jungle at level 1 and stay there. At your level, that's guaranteed to end in disaster, though, and as far as melee carries go he's not that great compared to other ones in pure damage (which is what matters for newbie games), so he's not the best choice.

Cynan Machae
2010-07-04, 11:21 PM
Ok for my first 2-3 games that didn't go as bad as I thought << I'll need to fix stuff so that I don't have like 600 ms++ ping, it's kinda hard to play :smallyuk:

Ah playing as Anivia(?) as a starting character didn't seem a good idea. Played as Ashe for the 3rd game and it went much better (and fit much more my playstyle, seems like of mix of Mirana and Traxxex in DotA :smallcool: )

Poison_Fish
2010-07-05, 01:00 AM
Ok for my first 2-3 games that didn't go as bad as I thought << I'll need to fix stuff so that I don't have like 600 ms++ ping, it's kinda hard to play :smallyuk:

Ah playing as Anivia(?) as a starting character didn't seem a good idea. Played as Ashe for the 3rd game and it went much better (and fit much more my playstyle, seems like of mix of Mirana and Traxxex in DotA :smallcool: )

Yeah, map wide Mirana arrow, slowing arrows of drow, some harassment and a money maker that doubles as a scouting tool? Super good.

Cynan Machae
2010-07-05, 01:33 AM
Lol it's global? Ahah ok :smalltongue:

Emlyn
2010-07-05, 01:37 AM
Ahh, I'm just loving Ashe right now. Not so much teamates that play so badly we loose when I go 28/6/16

Faulty
2010-07-05, 03:21 AM
I've decided I prefer AP Kat to AD Kat. Also, at the moment, I have only one defeat in my list of recent matches. WOO!

Dragor
2010-07-05, 03:40 AM
Got my new rig, and it's practically from the future (hurray for tech-savvy brothers). Sadly I've not got LoL and need to re-download it on my painfully slow connection. :smallfrown:

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-05, 04:21 AM
I've decided I prefer AP Kat to AD Kat. Also, at the moment, I have only one defeat in my list of recent matches. WOO!

I, too, only have one defeat.
I find the more I play Karthus the more I enjoy playing Karthus. Even a semi decent lane mate leads to early kills with lay waste spam and walls. Tonight I set a record for myself... 2 kills at level 2 and their tower down by level 3. :D
also, 18/9. Ended the game with a Zring and 2 Archangels staffs, totaling 600ap. My lay wastes were 3 and 4 shotting Twitch.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-05, 08:58 AM
I find that a good item on Karthus, when you already have a good pool of AP, is Lich Bane. He can spam spells and has good range, meaning that you get an extra 1:1 AP worth of damage almost every second. This also means he can deal good damage to towers. I've seen a very good Karthus use it.

toasty
2010-07-05, 09:47 AM
In my mind, Karthus is one of the coolest "AP carries" (this is something that I still find weird, a spell caster that can carry). He does an amazing amount of damage with his two nukes, his slow is awesome, and his ulti is the perfect weapon to stop heroes with escape tactics. Its a shame my brother doesn't play him that much anymore.

Milskidasith
2010-07-05, 11:54 AM
Lichbane isn't good on Karthus because there's never a second you should be attacking rather than casting spells. Lay Waste's incredibly short cooldown means wasting your time to use a Lichbane attack is worthless, and by the time you can afford it, if you really need help pushing, your carries must be doing horribly.

Brother Oni
2010-07-05, 03:09 PM
They've released a sneak peak of the new champion Xin Zhao (http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/02/dev-diary-xin-zhao-league-of-legends-newest-champion/).

Only 3 abilities listed, but what's interesting is that in the splash image later in the article, he's listed as the 'Seneshal of Demacia'. Since the other Demacia champion so far is Garen, it suggests that Xin is going to be cooldown only, no energy or mana.

Milskidasith
2010-07-05, 04:42 PM
Skills:

Battle cry: Passive aspd increase, active more aspd and lowers CDs on hit.

Combo: next three attacks hit harder, third knocks up. Double damage on minions.

Parry. Negates incoming projectiles, damages around unit.

Ult: charges enemy, aoe slow, armor increase cd decrease.

Passive: Heals every three hits.

New item: lifesteal, dmg, armor, deals 20% of enemies dmg on hit, can place wards every three minutes.

Faulty
2010-07-05, 05:10 PM
I just was in the crazy hour long game with LegoShrimp and his friend Cynan.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2285/omgij.jpg

I had 3 freaking Zhonya's Rings. Honestly, I wish I had gotten a Soul Stealer because my AP would have been through the roof; it was over 600 as it was. Our team mates had bizarre builds too. A sunfire cape stacking Evelynn with boots of mobility (!!!) and Ryze with an Innervating Locket and only two items that gave AP. My 7th death was when I was recklessly charging the enemies once their nexus was vulnerable so I'm not counting it for vanity's sake. :P What's crazy, though, is that we were pushed really, really hard in the beginning and they aced us after we got baron the first time, but we still won. Was a good game.

Player_Zero
2010-07-05, 05:49 PM
Left: 7.

For shame.

Zeful
2010-07-05, 05:52 PM
I lost connection once for an entire game, so I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he actually left those games.

Faulty
2010-07-05, 06:02 PM
I lost connection once for an entire game, so I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he actually left those games.

I will admit. 3 of those 7 were rage quits.

Brother Oni
2010-07-05, 06:10 PM
A sunfire cape stacking Evelynn with boots of mobility (!!!)

Eve cloaks and hangs around your party without doing anything. Sunfires deals constant damage to everybody and unless they have anti stealth or AoE effects, they can't chase her away.

Very effective at harassing squishies as they tend not to stack mag resist and it's unlikely they can take 120 damage a second for long. The boots are there to get you into position fast.

toasty
2010-07-05, 07:56 PM
Eve cloaks and hangs around your party without doing anything. Sunfires deals constant damage to everybody and unless they have anti stealth or AoE effects, they can't chase her away.

Very effective at harassing squishies as they tend not to stack mag resist and it's unlikely they can take 120 damage a second for long. The boots are there to get you into position fast.

Its a weird build, but it does work, at least in pub games.

Faulty
2010-07-05, 08:50 PM

Interesting idea, but she was attacking people.

Terazul
2010-07-05, 10:02 PM
They've released a sneak peak of the new champion Xin Zhao (http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/02/dev-diary-xin-zhao-league-of-legends-newest-champion/).

Only 3 abilities listed, but what's interesting is that in the splash image later in the article, he's listed as the 'Seneshal of Demacia'. Since the other Demacia champion so far is Garen, it suggests that Xin is going to be cooldown only, no energy or mana.

Here, learn some more. (http://scuttle.mirror.waffleimages.com/data/files/23/23b2290f97df749fdb46194cd6665fb1b7529166.jpg)

Also, enjoy these nightmarish (http://scuttle.mirror.waffleimages.com/data/files/fa/fa9e1a03503c8a9175b8ec15ee91fef0c4a6d37e.jpg) monstrosities. (http://logan-1.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/7e/7e0e1e962b93ab804c261a106ecfe8caa2df2480.jpg)

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-06, 03:18 AM
Here, learn some more. (http://scuttle.mirror.waffleimages.com/data/files/23/23b2290f97df749fdb46194cd6665fb1b7529166.jpg)
I predict muchos whining about his ult being OP.

Thrawn183
2010-07-06, 06:06 AM

Also, enjoy these nightmarish (http://scuttle.mirror.waffleimages.com/data/files/fa/fa9e1a03503c8a9175b8ec15ee91fef0c4a6d37e.jpg) monstrosities. (http://logan-1.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/7e/7e0e1e962b93ab804c261a106ecfe8caa2df2480.jpg)

I shudder to think what the lantern would do to my Jax. Talk about the ultimate anti-carry item.

Faulty
2010-07-06, 06:43 AM
That's what Jax gets for being a pain in the ass.

lord_khaine
2010-07-06, 07:20 AM
I shudder to think what the lantern would do to my Jax. Talk about the ultimate anti-carry item.

Its not that bad again, Building Jax with things like Rageblade, phantom dancer and phage works very well, without raisin his AD very high.

Faulty
2010-07-06, 08:03 AM
My damage output as Kat has been dropping. I'm often 3rd or 4th on my team. ~_~ I dunno why. I did some theorycraft and AP seems to do about as much damage as AD. Am I wrong?

Milskidasith
2010-07-06, 08:34 AM
Yeah... the lantern does 20% of your attack damage on hit, true, but that's still not a crapload even when you are fed, it's stats aren't all that great to begin with; it's inefficient before the wards/extra attack damage. Though the extra AD does help, it only effectively will add maybe forty or fifty damage against the enemy carry unless they're very fed or have a huge damage boost skill (Mundo, Sion, Yi or Trynd to a lesser extent).

While it's certainly a good item, it's in no way the ultimate item, and I seriously doubt it has any chance of challenging an infinity edge for raw damage increases.

lord_khaine
2010-07-06, 10:19 AM
But the Free ward thing does look interesting, its pretty often that i dont have any free space for wards.

Joran
2010-07-06, 10:33 AM
LoL Name: Jorana (Joran was taken =P)

Anyway, the new champion seems to be launching with Season 1... So, Season 1 coming in a couple weeks maybe?

Edit: July 13th, so one week... Eep.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/55903/League-of-Legends-Competitive-Season-One-Starting

toasty
2010-07-06, 11:47 AM
LoL Name: Jorana (Joran was taken =P)

Anyway, the new champion seems to be launching with Season 1... So, Season 1 coming in a couple weeks maybe?

Edit: July 13th, so one week... Eep.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/55903/League-of-Legends-Competitive-Season-One-Starting

I still don't have a team *sigh*

Oh well, solo queing will working I guess.

Joran
2010-07-06, 01:09 PM

I'm not sure solo queueing will work actually. I imagine that solo queueing will be even worse than the current system, with more jerks, since it'll actually mean something now.

Zeful
2010-07-06, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure solo queueing will work actually. I imagine that solo queueing will be even worse than the current system, with more jerks, since it'll actually mean something now.

They do mention a ladder, so I'm pretty sure that solo queueing will work for competition, but there will still be a bunch of jerks.

Astrella
2010-07-06, 02:03 PM

Well, Nargus was probably going to form a team, don't think he has already gotten one assembled, so, be nice to him? :smalltongue:

shadowwalker64
2010-07-06, 02:48 PM
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/shadowwalker64/FriendGame1.jpg
Just had a game with Narkis, and he didn't do half-bad. I did pretty crap in the beginning, but just started pwning when I got my armour and magic resist up.

Faulty
2010-07-06, 03:26 PM
I guess I'll just hit on Nargus a bit. :smalltongue:

toasty
2010-07-06, 03:52 PM
Nargus, be my friend? :smalltongue: You know how good a WW players i am! :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Plus I'm basically free till late August! (Then of course... I might not be so free cuz I'll be a full time student, but... most of us have some sort of work or something, don't we?)

NeoVid
2010-07-06, 03:59 PM
Well, bought Soraka and played several games with her, quickly finding out she's $&%#ing insanely game-changing. She and her lanemate can stay in that lane for eternity unless most of the other team purposely goes over there to stop them. She does have a problem building up gold, but at least now I know that Nashor's Tooth is a stupidly good item for her.

Also, her ulti is crazy. All I have to do is keep watching the little life meters in the corner of the screen, and change the outcome of a fight by hitting R.

Incidentally, I learned that for once, I'm extremely lucky that I game at a cybercafe. Tons of regulars, including 2 of the full time staffers, are hugely into this game, so I'm constantly being invited into games with 2-3 level 22+ players who are sitting right across from me. I'm racking up tons of IP and XP from my overleveled opponents. It's badass.

Oh, and on the Karthus discussion, one of the staffers is level 30 and mains him, and he says that you should always take the item that increases your mana max every time you use an ability, since Karthus has one spell that recharges in less than a second if you set it up right.

I can easily afford a 1350 point character now, so, do people recommend Dr Mundo? He looks like he'd be a lot of fun to use...

Astrella
2010-07-06, 04:07 PM
Hmm, don't use the bars in the left though, they don't really update in realtime.

Soraka's crazy though, think I've only lost one game with her since I started playing her again. Her impact is huge.

Brother Oni
2010-07-06, 04:20 PM
Oh, and on the Karthus discussion, one of the staffers is level 30 and mains him, and he says that you should always take the item that increases your mana max every time you use an ability, since Karthus has one spell that recharges in less than a second if you set it up right.

You don't really need to spam that skill every second though, since Tears of the Goddess/Archangel's Staff has a 3 second cooldown on its mana gaining effect.

lord_khaine
2010-07-06, 04:24 PM
Ill just mention again that im playing on the Europe server under the name Lord_khaine

Faulty
2010-07-06, 04:32 PM
Soraka is such a pain. It's almost impossible to kill her without 1-2 CC abilities and some burst damage.

NeoVid
2010-07-06, 04:55 PM
Soraka is such a pain. It's almost impossible to kill her without 1-2 CC abilities and some burst damage.

I have Cleanse and Ghost if they try that.

toasty
2010-07-06, 04:59 PM
Incidentally, I learned that for once, I'm extremely lucky that I game at a cybercafe. Tons of regulars, including 2 of the full time staffers, are hugely into this game, so I'm constantly being invited into games with 2-3 level 22+ players who are sitting right across from me. I'm racking up tons of IP and XP from my overleveled opponents. It's badass.

I can easily afford a 1350 point character now, so, do people recommend Dr Mundo? He looks like he'd be a lot of fun to use...

Playing in a Cybercafe is one of the best ways to learn to play games, the noobs get to meet really good players (and in Asia, or at least in Bangladesh, you'll often have the pro teams hanging out in the cafes all the time) and learn how to play games from the pros directly. Plus you get t watch them first had, its an awesome experience. I learned everything I know in DotA (well, mostly everything) because I played with or near some really awesome dota players. I still suck at dota though... (though, that's just because I know how good some players are. I probably am not half bad in reality).

Mundo is good in 3v3, but horrible in 5v5. He's real fun though.

edit: I'm serious about making a team too. 5v5 or 3v3. My brother is probably already in it, so I need only like... 1-3 players.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-06, 05:13 PM
Eh, I still need to find a team, I'm maybe high elo for some of you though.

And I'm kinda tired of it for now, though that'l prolly pass in a couple of days/whatever.

Rama
2010-07-06, 05:19 PM
Well, Nargus was probably going to form a team, don't think he has already gotten one assembled, so, be nice to him? :smalltongue:

Lol, I haven't got a team yet. We could probably make a good one of forum people.

I havent looked at the rules yet, but does it have to be 5 people exactly or can you have extras signed up?

Astrella
2010-07-06, 05:25 PM
Hmm, isn't it just going to be that you have a rating for every "team" you play in. (With team being the same 5 people?)

toasty
2010-07-06, 05:47 PM
Lol, I haven't got a team yet. We could probably make a good one of forum people.

I havent looked at the rules yet, but does it have to be 5 people exactly or can you have extras signed up?

I have no clue how it works... actually, its likely that every group of players you play with gives you a different ranking. I don't know though.

And today in 3v3, with WW, I managed to actually kill all three of my enemies without any aid from my team. :smallbiggrin: I ulti Try to death (so he was already low health) and then I just sat there and auto attacked with level 2 hunters call and killed Twitch, then Morde. It was beautiful. :smallbiggrin:

Poison_Fish
2010-07-06, 05:51 PM

Mundo is currently in sad land. Don't get mundo.

For Soraka though, AS isn't really useful for her. Try her out with a Locket + Soulshroud. Then you'll see a truly annoying to kill Soraka with her spells getting out quicker.

Also, that ashe build in the previously photo-capped game makes me very, very, sad.

Berserk greaves are pretty much a no-no right off the bat, as merc treads or swiftness give you increased survivability and keeps you within the periphery of fights easier. A Black cleaver is nice damage, but an infinity edge will cover the needs for her damage followed by a last whisper or blood razor instead of a phantom dancer (Which would help against the Jax in that game more, and do more damage overall). Rarely does Ashe need to go with a semi-offense/defense item like a phantom dancer.

Though, two mejas or two malady's makes me even more sad.

NeoVid
2010-07-06, 06:40 PM
Where's the most current tier list for this game? The most recently updated one I've seen was from several months ago.

I suppose the comparative power of the characters will be pretty well established once there's organized competitive play.

Milskidasith
2010-07-06, 06:48 PM
A tier list from one of my friends; he's pretty high level, and played semi-pro Dota in his country (Argentina). It may not reflect a true super pro experience, but from what I've seen, he is really good.

Tier 1: Ezreal,Ashe,Warvick,Kayle,Shaco,Sivir,Annie.
Tier 2: Janna,Taric,Pantheon,Heimdinger Soraka, Zilean, Katarina,Gragas, Morgana, Jax,Shen.
Tier 3: Fiddlesticks,Twisted fate, Nasus,Amumu,Udyr, Blitzcrank,Tristana,Nidalee, Corki,Malphite.
Tier 4: Master yi,Olaf,Singed,Rammus,Chogath,Kennen,Karthus,Gangp lank,Poppy,Twitch,Anivia,Nunu,Malzahar, Alistar, Sion, Mordekesier, KogMaw.
Tier 5: Garen, Kassadin,Akali, Mundo,Veigar,Ryze,,Teemo, Tryndamare, Evelynn.

Player_Zero
2010-07-06, 07:11 PM
Why can I currently only select Twisted Treeline?

NeoVid
2010-07-06, 07:11 PM
Well, except for Mundo being at 5 instead of 3, that supports what I've found out about all the other champions I'm interested in. So far, those would be Kayle, Fiddle, and Gangplank.

Hmm... Ezreal's still top after losing his heal...

Milskidasith
2010-07-06, 07:15 PM
Mundo has limited CC, is melee, and has mediocre damage output. He's fun, but he doesn't really contribute all that much.

Joran
2010-07-06, 07:29 PM
Where's the most current tier list for this game? The most recently updated one I've seen was from several months ago.

I suppose the comparative power of the characters will be pretty well established once there's organized competitive play.

Actually, both Elementz and L0cust's seem pretty up to date, you have to look at their edit dates.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=109533
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=50866

Pretty interesting actually.

Hmm... Ezreal's still top after losing his heal...

The current metagame, as articulated by the forums is "poking" + "healing". Basically, if you can harass the opposing team at range without them being able to retaliate, you can wear them down. Healing counters the poking.

So, Ezreal is valuable because his spells have much longer range than most. Likewise with Ashe.

toasty
2010-07-06, 07:29 PM
Tier 1: Ezreal,Ashe,Warvick,Kayle,Shaco,Sivir,Annie.
Tier 2: Janna,Taric,Pantheon,Heimdinger Soraka, Zilean, Katarina,Gragas, Morgana, Jax,Shen.
Tier 3: Fiddlesticks,Twisted fate, Nasus,Amumu,Udyr, Blitzcrank,Tristana,Nidalee, Corki,Malphite.
Tier 4: Master yi,Olaf,Singed,Rammus,Chogath,Kennen,Karthus,Gangp lank,Poppy,Twitch,Anivia,Nunu,Malzahar, Alistar, Sion, Mordekesier, KogMaw.
Tier 5: Garen, Kassadin,Akali, Mundo,Veigar,Ryze,,Teemo, Tryndamare, Evelynn.

With this in mind, I probably need to start learning how to play Pantheon, because WW will probably be banned to hell in a lot of games. Build suggestions?

Milskidasith
2010-07-06, 07:32 PM
With this in mind, I probably need to start learning how to play Pantheon, because WW will probably be banned to hell in a lot of games. Build suggestions?

What do Pantheon and Warwick have in common? Pantheon is a solo mid AD based caster, and Warwick's a jungler/semi initiator with his ult.

Joran
2010-07-06, 07:39 PM

Personally, I'd rather doubt Warwick will be banned. There's only four bans per game (none for solo queue).

Ashe, Ezreal, Annie, Janna all appear higher in most tier lists.

NeoVid
2010-07-06, 07:58 PM
Interesting... when it comes to the characters I like, the guides all agree on Kayle and Soraka, but have totally different ideas of Fiddle and Mundo's power. Well, haven't really seen anything to make me change my mind on which to get.

I'm kind of frustrated that the Engineer update is finally showing up this week, since I was planning to put a lot of my free time toward LoL. :smallsigh:

toasty
2010-07-06, 08:06 PM
What do Pantheon and Warwick have in common? Pantheon is a solo mid AD based caster, and Warwick's a jungler/semi initiator with his ult.

Pantheon Solo's mid? I've never seen that. :smallsigh: And somehow I've always seen Pantheon as a Damager, its possible that I have no idea what I'm talking about, because I've never played Pantheon.

Personally, I'd rather doubt Warwick will be banned. There's only four bans per game (none for solo queue).

Ashe, Ezreal, Annie, Janna all appear higher in most tier lists.

Yes, Ashe, Ezreal, Annie and Janna are also in the High Tiers, but I can expect, at one point or another, (especially if I end up good enough and WW remains in the top tier long enough to the point that people will specifically ban heroes they know me to plan) of my favorite hero being banned. I do NOT want that to happen and then find out that I have no hero I'm really good with that is top tier (today when one of my allies asked to play WW I picked Yi. Yi is... not a good hero and I play him poorly).

WW, in a full fledged team battle, unless you build to a tank (and even then I would recomend against it) should not be the first to start a battle. The 2nd, or 3rd maybe, but not the first. His ulti actually tends to get me killed in solo queing because I have no idea how my teammates are going to react. I play very aggressively, and often get killed for it. On 3v3 with WW, it has a tendency to work though... interestingly enough.

edit:

Interesting... when it comes to the characters I like, the guides all agree on Kayle and Soraka, but have totally different ideas of Fiddle and Mundo's power. Well, haven't really seen anything to make me change my mind on which to get.

I have no clue honestly, but Fiddle has a lot of CC and his ulti, when placed right (something that appears very difficult to do) can deal damage, a LOT of damage. Mundo isn't very effective in 5v5. I think in 3v3 he has his place, perhaps, but not in in 5v5.

Player_Zero
2010-07-06, 08:23 PM
Where's that list of the current, future and past free hero rotations?

Terazul
2010-07-06, 08:25 PM
Pantheon Solo's mid? I've never seen that. :smallsigh: And somehow I've always seen Pantheon as a Damager, its possible that I have no idea what I'm talking about, because I've never played Pantheon.

Yeah he's a damager. It's just you don't really rely on his auto-attack, so much as his Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike. And of course shield slam to just stun them there. He's a pretty reliable solo-mid, given by 3 he can just wombo combo most other solo mids, who are notoriously squishy. Stun -> Heartseeker -> Spear to finish the job.

EDIT: And yeah, Ezreal's still top tier because he's freaking ridiculous, whether you play him AD or AP. That's right. Even with losing his heal, even with nerfed ratios. Even compared to regular casters: At level 18, Ezreal has 101 attack damage naturally, so assuming you built straight AP you now have 1458 damage with 2.05 AP scaling at a minimum 1050 range with a full burst, at 410 mana. Compared to Annie, who has at level 18 1035 damage with 1.9 AP scaling at 530 mana. She also is limited to ~625 range with this damage and has no way to lower her cooldowns other than CDR for quicker burst. Now Annie has a periodic stun and a shield. Nice. Ezreal, in addition to his significantly higher damage, gets: +75% attack speed, giving him functional physical dps along with his magical burst, a flash like ability that works with his long distance abilities that makes him difficult to engage with or pin down, and his Q lowers all his cooldowns the more he uses it, so his cooldowns on his W and E are shorter than they appear.

Also this before making him even more ridiculous with a Lich Bane. Silly.

(credit for most of the Ez rant goes to Mistikman over at SA 8D)

NeoVid
2010-07-06, 08:28 PM
I read a guide on competitive Mundo, which is part of what got me interested in him. It sounded like the more effective ways to play him are not well-known. If built and played well, he's a good damage dealer, tower killer and laner, as well as a major damage sponge who's near immune to CC.

But I'm not going to play comp, so I figure I'll be all right with a weaker character anyway.

Where's that list of the current, future and past free hero rotations?

leagueoflegends.wikia.com

Player_Zero
2010-07-06, 08:39 PM
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=156851

Hmm... Who should I go with... Singed? Or should I just keep going with Twisted Fate until I can re-get Warwick?

Choices are so difficult sometimes.

Folytopo
2010-07-06, 08:49 PM
Okay when I play with other people like mant and alter I generally have a hard time. I think one of the reasons is that I have no runes. I am level 13 now, should I just save up for tier three runes or should I purchase a full set of tier one runes or some other option. What is the playgrounds opinion.

toasty
2010-07-06, 08:54 PM
Note to self: ****ing ban Ez. :smalltongue:

toasty
2010-07-06, 09:13 PM
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=156851

Hmm... Who should I go with... Singed? Or should I just keep going with Twisted Fate until I can re-get Warwick?

Choices are so difficult sometimes.

TF works okay I guess. Singed is also good. AP signed, (get Rylais and Rod of Ages) according to my brother is made of win.

Poison_Fish
2010-07-06, 09:21 PM
I read a guide on competitive Mundo, which is part of what got me interested in him. It sounded like the more effective ways to play him are not well-known. If built and played well, he's a good damage dealer, tower killer and laner, as well as a major damage sponge who's near immune to CC.

But I'm not going to play comp, so I figure I'll be all right with a weaker character anyway.

leagueoflegends.wikia.com

There are certainly ways to make mundo work, even in high tiers. But on the whole he falls out. Keep in mind, I'm speaking as a Mundo player, not that I main anything, but I've played Mundo pretty much the most. Key #1 is not to build him as a tank (though that's fine for low tiers). He semi-tanks early on with high health and abilities, but his specific time to shine is early game or when there is less overall burst around to deal with him.

NeoVid
2010-07-06, 09:59 PM
Okay when I play with other people like mant and alter I generally have a hard time. I think one of the reasons is that I have no runes. I am level 13 now, should I just save up for tier three runes or should I purchase a full set of tier one runes or some other option. What is the playgrounds opinion.

Only buy Greater runes.

toasty
2010-07-06, 10:05 PM
Wait till you have access to tier 3 runes, then buy them. I played all the way till tier 3 with basically no runes (I bought a few before I know I was making a mistake). Runes really, really, really only make a difference early game, especially if you buy flat runes (like Flat Health or Flat Mana or Flat Dmg). But really, I find that runes probably don't make a HUGE difference. Sure, every bit counts, but a skilled player without runes will beat a unskilled player with runes every time.

Player_Zero
2010-07-06, 10:24 PM
Katarina's third move is called 'Shunpo'.

Ezreal does the Hare Hare Yukai dance.

LoL developers confirmed for weeaboos.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-06, 10:27 PM
Katarina's third move is called 'Shunpo'.

Ezreal does the Hare Hare Yukai dance.

LoL developers confirmed for weeaboos.

Youmu's ghostblade is a Touhou reference. Same with the new item, Wriggle's lantern.

Dragonus45
2010-07-06, 10:46 PM
So i've been in the q for a good half an hour now, 6 people have dropped games. Every time i guarantee you it was cus someone else clicked kog maw first. Never have i ever wished to be able to strangle a man through the internet more than i want too right now.

Player_Zero
2010-07-06, 11:23 PM
Kog'maw? Why? He's not even very good.

Also, just played with a guy called 'jaxmania'. He played Jax. He wasn't very good at playing Jax at all.

The sense this makes I do not perceive.

Dragonus45
2010-07-06, 11:33 PM
Ehh i tried kog a bit, didn't like him much. Finally got into a game after forever and a half and someone picks kog and no one says hey i want kog while clicking the flee button. Then our tank goes 0-12-1. Fun was had all around (fun being fun like dwarf fortress fun. things died i cried and then lava buried everything.

Joran
2010-07-06, 11:34 PM
Kog'maw? Why? He's not even very good.

Also, just played with a guy called 'jaxmania'. He played Jax. He wasn't very good at playing Jax at all.

The sense this makes I do not perceive.

I play with a guy named Omnomnomnom. He plays Shaco.

Milskidasith
2010-07-06, 11:41 PM
When Jax was broken strong, I played against another Jax named Jaxattax.

Poison_Fish
2010-07-06, 11:46 PM
Youmu's ghostblade is a Touhou reference. Same with the new item, Wriggle's lantern.

Shurelia and one other staff members who I am forgetting their name for some reason are confirmed weeaboo's. Shurelia is the big Touhou fan, just listen to most of her music when she does videos. It's full of Touhou music.

Milskidasith
2010-07-06, 11:48 PM
Shurelia and one other staff members who I am forgetting their name for some reason are confirmed weeaboo's. Shurelia is the big Touhou fan, just listen to most of her music when she does videos. It's full of Touhou music.

There's also the one who suggested Morde be, well, metal.

Player_Zero
2010-07-07, 12:03 AM
Refering Bleach though? Tch. People and their lack of taste.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4364/46941887.jpg

Jane_Smith
2010-07-07, 12:27 AM
Id like to personally state for the record;

Poppy is a broken little midgit from hell and should burn there for eternity.

That is all.

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-07, 12:39 AM

Karthus is a broken undead from hell and should burn there for eternity.

That is all.

fix'dreplace karthus with the name of the hero who kills you the most

Jane_Smith
2010-07-07, 12:42 AM
Karthus is e-z. Just get banshee's. Poppy? You cant outrun her. You cant chase her. You cant really dps her down, -50% all damage basically, and god forbid if you got an advantage against her she just pops her immunity on your furthest, out-of-range ally! SO ANNOYING! :smallfurious:

Milskidasith
2010-07-07, 12:42 AM
I'd like to add:

Neither of those characters are that bad. Well, maybe Poppy on 3v3, I'm not sure, but Karthus is merely as good as any other caster who gets fed.

Joran
2010-07-07, 02:27 AM
Karthus is e-z. Just get banshee's. Poppy? You cant outrun her. You cant chase her. You cant really dps her down, -50% all damage basically, and god forbid if you got an advantage against her she just pops her immunity on your furthest, out-of-range ally! SO ANNOYING! :smallfurious:

It got changed to 35% damage reduction, which is still quite a bit, but not quite as game breaking. I could have sworn the text in game was changed; the LoL database is months behind.

Poison_Fish
2010-07-07, 02:47 AM

Poppy is a broken little midgit from hell and should burn there for eternity.

That is all.

She's slightly item reliant, and while ok as melee DPS goes, still quite buggy often having her wall slams work against her.

Milskidasith
2010-07-07, 02:52 AM
She's slightly item reliant, and while ok as melee DPS goes, still quite buggy often having her wall slams work against her.

Of course, that may be payback for the time on the Test Realm there was a bug that led to Poppy's wallslams, when cast... I don't even know exactly how, would trigger an impact every space moved (or something, it instagibbed everybody), so... yeah.

Astrella
2010-07-07, 05:28 AM

Isn't Poppy more of a burst melee character? Singling out the single most threatening character on the enemy team and taking him / her down?

@Milskidasith: Anivia only tier four on your friends tier list? Hmm, her stun isn't as reliable as Annie's I give you, but

a) She has the stun available at every time. Yes, Annie can have her's up as well nearly constantly, but there's still some downtime between it.

b) Anivia provides constant slowing and wearing down of the enemy.

c) Ice Wall.

Faulty
2010-07-07, 07:01 AM
Anivia's egg ticks me off. ~_~ Because I kill the crap out of her, then my team mates show up and someone does like 1/4 of her egg's health and gets the kill.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-07, 07:09 AM
a) She has the stun available at every time. Yes, Annie can have her's up as well nearly constantly, but there's still some downtime between it.
Whereas Anivia's stun is relatively easy to dodge/run from, Annie's instant and cannot be run from.

Milskidasith
2010-07-07, 08:47 AM

Assuming you stun by dropping winbear, annie's stun will be up again, in the fight, in about the same time Anivia's would recharge. Not only that, Anivia's stun is slow and has a terrible duration; even the slow doesn't last much longer than the actual stun.

b) Anivia provides constant slowing and wearing down of the enemy.

If you all fight in the same spot, sure, but it's rarely going to do significantly more than a winbear and damage over time isn't so much what the game is about.

c) Ice Wall.

Which can be great, and can also completely screw your team over. Played well, it is an asset, sure, but not enough to make up for the meh damage output and CC (Her slow is barely noticable and short duration, her stun is so short it might as well just be .1 seconds so it cancels channels, etc.)

Makensha
2010-07-07, 10:23 AM
I'm probably going to play Alistar this rotation. Any suggestions?

Legoshrimp
2010-07-07, 10:26 AM
Hey add me to the list on the EU servers. My LoL name is LegoShrimp

Joran
2010-07-07, 10:49 AM
I'm probably going to play Alistar this rotation. Any suggestions?

We had a couple item build suggestions in the other thread, so use the handy thread tools and you can find them pretty easily.

One thing that's pretty important for Alistar is you want some form of mana generation. Either an early Chalice or Catalyst will do wonders for your staying power in lane and make sure your abilities are up when needed.

Skills should be progressed by Ultimate->Heal->Stun->Punt. Ranks in Stun and Punt only increase damage and not duration or distance, so putting points in them isn't as important as the Ultimate or the Heal.

If you're high enough, you must absolutely, positively grab Flash as a summoner skill; Alistar's weakness is that his skills have a pretty short range, so you need a method of closing distance quickly to initiate. Ghost works too as does the high movement speed boots.

Don't use punt as a finisher.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-07, 12:45 PM
Remember, your task as tank is not to get kills, it's to get your carry kills. Loads of them. I'd be happy with 1/3/6 as a tank in laning if it ment that my lane partner who's a carry would get 7/1/1.

Master_Rahl22
2010-07-07, 01:09 PM
I get that kind of kill/death/assist rate often playing as Mordekaiser, although 7/6/7 is a typical 30-35 minute game for me. I tend to do really well in the laning phase, then rack up most of my deaths in mid game, but by late game I have 150-200 minion kills and several tower/inhib kills so I get uber items and stop dying. :)

Poison_Fish
2010-07-07, 01:31 PM
Isn't Poppy more of a burst melee character? Singling out the single most threatening character on the enemy team and taking him / her down?

That's essentially what Poppy has to do in team fights. Unfortunately, she has to dive in to make it effective, and her ult won't always be up. On top of her wall slam teleporting her/other people through walls so she can't actually get her burst in. She's annoying, but then, Shaco basically does the same focus she has, and he's a lot more evasive and survivable along with a little scouting and disruption, and better pushing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy poppy. But for poppy to work, there still needs to be a solid tank on the team and even then she's still going to have some issues. But she can make near anyone rage if she just keeps focusing them in team fights within her ult.

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-07, 03:17 PM
You know, I forget how effective of a Blitz I really am until I play with a decent team. With a little communication, I was feeding my carries kills left and right... I ended the game with something like 18 assists.
I build Blitz Sheen--> Frozen heart-->t3 boots ---> game is over
any idea if I could build him better? This seems to work for me really well.

toasty
2010-07-07, 03:30 PM
I just realized something... that list of heroes 3 pages back says teemo is tier 5. I realize he is not top tier... but tier 5, really?

Milskidasith
2010-07-07, 03:47 PM
I just realized something... that list of heroes 3 pages back says teemo is tier 5. I realize he is not top tier... but tier 5, really?

He has no in combat CC, poor damage, meh range, crappy movespeed, and only two of his skills are reliable in combat (poison and blinding... shrooms require the enemy to run over them, movespeed burst just isn't going to happen in a fight).

toasty
2010-07-07, 04:31 PM
Hmm... okay. I think the thing is I've seen to many teemos go imba Because they got fed to disregard him completely. But then again, any hero when played well and fed can do that. Heck, I just played a gangplank that, despite being killed 2 or 3 times early game got mega crits and did the majority of his teams damage. It wasn't until we finally worked together and focused him to hell that we started to win. I think he had like a 50% chance to crit. :smalleek:

Milskidasith
2010-07-07, 04:47 PM
Hmm... okay. I think the thing is I've seen to many teemos go imba Because they got fed to disregard him completely. But then again, any hero when played well and fed can do that. Heck, I just played a gangplank that, despite being killed 2 or 3 times early game got mega crits and did the majority of his teams damage. It wasn't until we finally worked together and focused him to hell that we started to win. I think he had like a 50% chance to crit. :smalleek:

50% chance is pretty poor for a fed gangplank.

Archangel Yuki
2010-07-07, 06:04 PM
Alright I am tired of this solo queing bull****. >:l
Anyone want to come play some games with me?