PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Summoner Feats [PEACH]

AustontheGreat1
2010-06-29, 02:38 AM
Summoner Feats

I'm currently about to begin a game where I'm going to try the summoner class for the first time. while making my character, I was disappointed by the lack of feats specialized for the summoner class. So I decided to make some and see what the community thinks.

Extra Summoning
Prerequisites: Summon Monster I Class Feature
Benefit: Each time you take this feat, you can use your ability to summon monsters creatures two more times per day than normal.
Normal: Without this feat, a character can typically use his summon monster class feature a number of times per day equal to 3 + his or her Charisma modifier.
Special: You can gain Extra Summoning multiple times. Its effects stack. Each time you take the feat, you can use each of your summon monster class feature two additional times per day.
I' not the best at homebrewing or wording so please forgive (and tell me to correct) any mistakes of that nature. This feat is pretty obvious, just grants additional uses of the summon monster class feature. Based of the extra turning feat in the PHB

Extra Evolution
Prerequisites: This feat is only available to Eidolons
Benefit: When this feat is selected, the eidolon immediately gains 3 additional evolution points.
Special: An eidolon can gain Extra Evolutions multiple times. Its effects stack. Each time it takes the feat, the eidolon gains 3 additional evolution points.
This one worries me a little. It is based off of toughness and just grants additional evolution points to the eidolons. Not sure how balance this one is.

Thunderous Arrival [Meta-Summoning]
Your summoned creatures really know how to make an entrance
Benefit: Whenever the summoner uses his summon monster class feature, he may spend an additional use of the ability. If he does so, all creatures within 10ft. of the summoned creature take 1d4 damage for each HD the summoned creature possesses as the creature appears in a flash of lightning, half of the damage is sonic damage the other half is electricity. Creatures in the area are entitled to a reflex save (DC = 10 + The level of the summon monster spell + Summoner's Charisma Modifier. ) for half damage. The summoned creature takes no damage from this effect. This feat only creates one explosion regardless of the amount of creatures summoned.
This isn't based off anything in particular, just something I had thought of. Tell me if its a dumb idea. Didn't know whether to base the damage off the summoned creature or the summoner. You tell me which would be better.

Explosive Entrance [Meta-Summoning]
Benefit: Whenever the summoner uses his summon monster class feature, he may spend an additional use of the ability. If he does so, all creatures within 10ft. of the summoned creature take 1d4 damage for each HD the summoned creature possesses as the creature appears in a fiery explosion, half of the damage is force damage the other half is fire. Creatures in the area are entitled to a reflex save (DC = 10 + The level of the summon monster spell + Summoner's Charisma Modifier. ) for half damage. The summoned creature takes no damage from this effect. This feat only creates one explosion regardless of the amount of creatures summoned.

Empowered Summoning [Meta-Summoning]
Benefit: This feat can have one of two separate effects. If used to summon only one creature, summoned creatures is 50% more powerful than normal summoned creatures. Specifically, the creatures appears with x1.5 more hit points, deals x1.5 more damage when attacking. The second effect applies when used to summon more than one creature. The spell instead summons x1.5 the number of creatures (rounded up). The use of this feat to perform either of the effect uses 2 additional uses of the summoner’s summon monster class feature.

Meta-summoning feats seemed like a pretty straight-forward idea.

Please feel free to correct any mistakes or add some feats of your own.

AustontheGreat1
2010-06-30, 01:36 AM
This died, but I'd really like to get some feed back on these.

Apalala
2010-06-30, 02:02 AM
Extra Summoning

Balanced with the other Extra feats. Wouldn't be surprised to see it made real when the book comes out.

Extra Evolution

I'd say prohibit it from being taken more than once and you'll be fine.

Extra Evolution, Greater

Hell no.

Thunderous and Explosive Summon

I'd make the DC based off the summon's level, if only to make things simpler. DC of 10+level of summon monster used+Cha. Also clarify that it only works once, so you don't get multiple bangs from summoning hordes.

Extend Summoning

Rather useless. Summons last 1min/level anyways, and you can just use the ability again if it runs out.

Empowered Summoning

Looks okay to me. However, you COULD make it work more like traditional metamagic. That is, it can be used any number of times for free, but doing so reduces the level of the summon monster effect by 1. So at level 9, you could use it to cast summon monster IV and summon a beefed up bison. Either way works.