PDA

View Full Version : E6 Rulebook?

Haarkla
2010-06-29, 04:29 AM
Someone should write an E6 rulebook.

They could take the players handbook and DMG and rewite it (like Pathfinder or Osric) cutting out all the stuff you dont need.

It could be published via print-on demand.

I am thinking of converting to E6, and it would be a lot easier if you had one single rulebook, especially for the inexprienced players.

http://esix.pbworks.com/f/E6v041.pdf
http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/206323-e6-game-inside-d-d.html

Morph Bark
2010-06-29, 05:28 AM
E6 is just the same thing as what is detailed in the PHB and DMG (and all those other splatbooks) with just a lot of stuff cut out. Do you mean to just take all the base classes, PrCs, races, feats, spells, powers, vestiges, maneuvers and invocations that are available at or prior to level 6 and put them all together in a single book? (And then put all the magic items and DM stuff for up to level 10 together in another book.)

Feats would need to be listed up to higher prereqs than normal because there are E6 feats that increase skill rank cap and there are feats that grant extra skill points.

Zeta Kai
2010-06-29, 05:31 AM
Play your game like normal, except...
When your players reach level 7, you will...
Give them a feat instead, & then...
Keep playing...
And when they reach another level, you should...
Repeat steps 3-6.
???
Profit.

Yora
2010-06-29, 09:53 AM
One could do that, but it's really only the PHB with some sections cut out, and less than a page of new information.
It's easy to do, but the benefit is so marginal if you allready have a PHB, that it's just not worth the effort.

I think we need an E6 Handbook that explains what feats are more or less usefull in an E6 game and what tactics to use with spells of only 1st to 3rd level.

Ranos
2010-06-29, 10:23 AM
Play your game like normal, except...
When your players reach level 7, you will...
Give them a feat instead, & then...
Keep playing...
And when they reach another level, you should...
Repeat steps 3-6.
???
Profit.

Not quite. After level 6, the players gain a new feat every 5000 XP. The "experience to next level" doesn't rise anymore.

Zeta Kai
2010-06-29, 12:07 PM
Not quite. After level 6, the players gain a new feat every 5000 XP. The "experience to next level" doesn't rise anymore.

Says you. The thing with E6 is that it is a nebulous concept. There's no codified, definitive version, so there are countless variants. Pick your own canon.

Yora
2010-06-29, 12:13 PM
The commonly accepted "standard version" says explicitly that a character is treated as being one level higher for every 5 feats he got after 6th level.
Link (http://www.enworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=30010&stc=1)

Mongoose87
2010-06-29, 12:18 PM
One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a compendium of E6 Epic, Capstone and Prestige feats.

Yora
2010-06-29, 12:20 PM
People have allready done Prestige Feats?

Show me! I'd like to see something to compare to before I start with customized PrFs for my campaign. :smallbiggrin:

Mongoose87
2010-06-29, 12:56 PM
I've never found any I'm truly satisfied with, but a Google search easily turns some up.