PDA

View Full Version : Increasing spot!

Khellendross
2010-06-29, 12:50 PM
I'm wanting to know if anyone has a list of items that increase spot that stack with each other?

Keld Denar
2010-06-29, 12:53 PM
Eagle Eyes (face) are a IIRC +5 competances bonus
Eagle familiar (or Owl, if you are a night person) gives a +3 unnamed.
Solicit Psycrystal gives a spot bonus too.
Aberrant Blood (Bulging Eyes) gives a +2 unnamed bonus
A luckstone gives a +1 luck bonus on all skill checks (among other things).

Check soulmelds. I'm pretty sure there are 1-2 that give bonuses, and incarnum bonuses are usually insight or competance. Insights would stack with Eagle Eyes (above).

EDIT: Polymorph into a form that has a racial bonus to spot, such as an eagle (giant or otherwise). Racial bonuses tend to be REALLY big.

Khellendross
2010-06-29, 01:52 PM
I am not a fan of the poly spells or alter self. Besides we using pathfinder for spells since they far more balanced.

Also I hear there is a pheonix cloak that gives you flight of perfect. What book is that out of?

Draz74
2010-06-29, 02:31 PM
Also I hear there is a pheonix cloak that gives you flight of perfect. What book is that out of?

Magic Item Compendium, p.210.

Saya
2010-06-29, 04:42 PM
You could always create a magical item that confers a competence bonus, it only costs <Bonus squared> x 100 gp

Jorda75
2010-06-29, 04:57 PM
You could always create a magical item that confers a competence bonus, it only costs <Bonus squared> x 100 gp

Most DM's will also let you find such items in markets if you look hard enough and have enough coin. Items like the Improved Ring of Jumping is just one example of a skill boosting item, no doubt some wizard somewhere has made a similar item that affects Spot.

Keld Denar
2010-06-29, 05:19 PM
Yea...Eyes of the Eagle. Its even in the DMG. There is no "greater" version, but you could make one, or have one made for you.

Il_Vec
2010-06-29, 05:33 PM

I use that every time I need a skill boosted. It is awesomely useful and stinks less than polymorph/alter self.

Hague
2010-06-29, 05:42 PM
You could always forgo the the need and research a version of faerie fire that targets every hostile creature in a 100 ft spread. :D

Il_Vec
2010-06-29, 05:44 PM
You could always forgo the the need and research a version of faerie fire that targets every hostile creature in a 100 ft spread. :D

Call it a "Rave".

Ranos
2010-06-29, 07:12 PM
I love psicrystals to increase spot dramatically. It grants you alertness (+2), can aid another (+2) and gives another bonus if observant (+3), for a total of +7 untyped bonus. And of course you can Solicit psicrystal (didn't know about that one). Not every build can afford a psicrystal, but when you can it's a huge help.

Edit : Eagle familiars can do pretty much the same now that I think about it. Get both ?

Ernir
2010-06-29, 08:12 PM
Eyes of the Avoral, a spell from the BoED. Long duration, gives a racial bonus.

Il_Vec
2010-06-29, 08:15 PM
Edit : Eagle familiars can do pretty much the same now that I think about it. Get both ?

Your instances of Alertness won't stack, but it would be a +3. Not worth a one level dip, but if you can afford the feat, it is better than Skill Focus.

Zaq
2010-06-29, 09:15 PM
Many grafts give a nice bonus to Spot. Magic of Eberron and Races of the Dwagon have some good ones.

Also, there's those Quori Embedded Shards from Eberron Campaign setting... there's a certain one (I forget the name, and I don't have it open) that lets you basically embed a new eye into yourself, and when you get enough of them, fun things happen. You have to be a Kalashtar and have a manifester level, but Use Psionic Device (and I've yet to meet a GM who didn't houserule Use Magic Device to work just as well) covers both of those problems nicely.