PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the 4th DM Will Work? IC

shadowedsoul
2010-06-29, 03:55 PM
You wake up in a room, your head feeling slightly fuzzy from the effects of forced unconsciousness.

The room is 60' by 40' and well lit, though you can't make out a light source. There are several others just waking up strewn across the floor.

Niezck
2010-06-29, 04:07 PM
What on earth?

The armoured human takes count of his surroundings, clutching the blade sheathed on his left side.

NecroticPunch
2010-06-29, 04:16 PM
" Huh. This is a strange occurrence, perhaps we should all gather our wits and devise a way out of this situation? " A mindflayer asks, as he pulls himself to his feet, a bit groggy from the sleep.

Jallorn
2010-06-29, 04:21 PM
For all I know, any of you could be one of our captors. So forgive me if I'm not too trusting right away. Wish I knew where we were, then I could just shadow walk right out of here. Not safe though.

Niezck
2010-06-29, 04:24 PM
How about we keep the accusations for later, eh?

Akar stands up, half-drawing his swords as he prepares for the worst. Thankfully, however, his training in fighting in the dark allows him some instinct about who's nearby.

shadowedsoul
2010-06-29, 04:31 PM
Gabrielle

Well said.
Gabrielle says, shaking the last cobwebs of unconsciousness from her head as she stands up.
Does anyone know where we are?
She asks, scratching the bear lying next to her behind the ears.

NecroticPunch
2010-06-29, 04:31 PM
Put those away! We don't need to fight in here. We just need to figure out why we are here.

The Mind flayer brings his hand up, though, as if he were going to manifest a power.

Psionic Focus into my Psicrystal

Niezck
2010-06-29, 04:42 PM
Last I remember I was just walking through the countryside ...

We're in total darkness, right?

Blindsight/Tremorsense FTW!

Jallorn
2010-06-29, 04:43 PM
First post says well lit.

NecroticPunch
2010-06-29, 04:47 PM
Yeah. So now what?

Niezck
2010-06-29, 04:50 PM
Oh, I must've mis-read that then, my bad.

And now ... we wait to see what happens :smallbiggrin:

Chambers
2010-06-29, 05:03 PM
Jer Malfis

The heavily armored man picks himself up off the ground, his boots clanking on the stone. A near-translucent shield is strapped to his left arm, a spike set in the middle. His gaze passes over everyone in turn, seeming to size you up and categorize you. He grunts then and speaks.

So. We've all just wakened up in this room. Not a minute later and some of you are ready to attack each other. He shakes his head.

You want to attack whomever placed you here, but you don't know who that is. The fear of the unknown is our enemies weapon here. Don't do his job for him.

He mutters a word of magic and scans the room again. I am General Malfis. You may call me General, or Sir, if you prefer. I honestly hope we are not together long enough for the matters of names to become important.

Casts Detect Magic
Senses Blindsight 120ft
Spells Active Contingent Energy Resistance, Greater Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Circle Against Chaos, Shield, Superior Resistance

Niezck
2010-06-29, 05:11 PM
A good warrior is always ready for battle, regardless of the situation. We must be prepared. If the one tha brought us here can so easily scoop us up and transport us, what's to say they can't do the same to other, more dangerous, creatures?

Jallorn
2010-06-29, 05:12 PM
Astute, but incomplete, there is something to be said for suspicion, just as long as you don't act on it alone. What say we try and get through that door?

NecroticPunch
2010-06-29, 05:15 PM
" Quite good observation. If the fighter would please go forth; I would rather not risk myself on the hinges of a trap. " The mind flayer says, as he puts down his arms, and gestures forward, a signal for the warrior to go forth before the rest.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 05:27 PM
Finally stands, shaking his head roughly. His green skin shining slightly in the light.
"Before anything else, what in the blazes of Lavos is that?" gesticulating towards the mind flayer, "And how in the name of time does it speak with a mouth more reminiscent of an octopus than a face?"

NecroticPunch
2010-06-29, 05:33 PM
" My name is S'vakya's'va. I am an Illithid. And as to your later remark, how dare you insult me so? Watch your step, slimy one, or die in a thousand rays of death. " The Mind Flayer says, as he takes supreme affront from the Slimy Creature's questioning.

Lyndworm
2010-06-29, 05:46 PM
Another armored man towards the back finally manages to regain his balance. On his back is a small wooden shield and at his right side is a small crossbow. Both are fancifully adorned and probably magical. He carries no other visible weapons, but two bags hang nest to the bow and a much larger sack hangs from his left side. The outfit is topped with a metallic silver cloak set with a what looks like malachite and black onyx.

"I managed to hear most of that, I think..." He brushes something from his gleaming silver fullplate, most parts of which have dangerous-looking blades jutting into the air. "I am T'nay Hoarfire, master of frost and flame. It seems that we're allies... For the moment, at least." He looks around at each of the others, seeming approving of most.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 05:50 PM
"I'm -Sir- Frog." and leap attack the Illithid. take a 10 on the jump check. I can roll a 1 and still make the necessary roll. So I'll be rolling attack and damage now. "Surprise, you nasty thing! You should never threaten someone you don't know!"
attack1:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
In case of 19 or 20: [roll2]

attack2:[roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
In case of 19 or 20: [roll5]

attack3:[roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
In case of 19 or 20: [roll8]

shadowedsoul
2010-06-29, 05:53 PM
As the Dragoon prepares to leap he slams into a wall of force and a silvery rectangle appears and a figure steps through it.
Ah, you're all awake, good.
Says the figure, beginning to take the shape of a tall human man.
You have all been brought here to participate in what my colleagues and I colloquially refer to as "The Game". It well test you all, both mentally and physically, but should you succeed the rewards will be extravagant.
He finishes as the rectangle disappears and his features become more apparent, blonde hair, a neatly trimmed bear and green eyes all appearing on his face.

Niezck
2010-06-29, 05:54 PM
Honourless fiend!

With that the armoured human appears directly infront of the Illithid.

Use however much of my free action teleport is necessary to get infront of the Illithid and (hopefully) take the hit instead.

((I'll still do this, even though the wall appears, if possible.))

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 05:55 PM
"The cake is a lie! I've been through things like this before!" Tries to get through the silvery portal. "I did not threaten someone needlessly! And I do not take threats idly. If you do perhaps you should go."

((I come down directly on top, I don't attack from in front. I'm not charging, I'm attacking from above. I'm a dragoon.))

Lyndworm
2010-06-29, 05:56 PM
T'nay looks around at his new allies in confusion. "What is it that you hope to gain from this sport, O Shiny Man?"

Jallorn
2010-06-29, 05:57 PM
It's better than what I was doing.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 05:58 PM
"I was reading damnit! Years of hard work, finally get my reward, and I'm stuck here with a bunch of wierdos! Why in the blazes of Lavos isn't my magic working?!"

((I should also point out, you would not have been able to move in front of him, I would have had a surprise round. Which is probably why the DM interrupted me, to keep me from causing an in party slaughter-fest.))

Niezck
2010-06-29, 05:58 PM
((Then I teleport to directly above him, taking your (potential) attack instead <_<))

You will cease your needless fighting!

((Free action teleport.))

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 06:00 PM
((Read my previous post))

shadowedsoul
2010-06-29, 06:04 PM
The gateway closes before the dragoon can reach it, and the figure just shakes his head in amusement, grinning slightly.
This is not a good beginning. You will most certainly need to work together if you hope to emerge victorious.

If you have a post that doesn't contain any IC material then post it in the OOC thread, that's what it's there for.

Niezck
2010-06-29, 06:06 PM
I will not work with such honourless cowards that assault an unarmed creature for a mere insult of their person!

The human stands guard infront of the Illithid, weapons drawn.

I ready an action to jump infront of "Sir Frog"'s attack if he tries again.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 06:09 PM
"Honourless? You spew insults at someone you know nothing of, and call -them- honourless? Put your weapon away before you hurt yourself." Glenn then rests his spear-butte upon the ground and uses it to help himself stand.
"In my experience, no one is unarmed. Especially not people that look... so..." Glenn shudders.

Jallorn
2010-06-29, 06:09 PM
Alright, here's how it's going to work. We're going to work together for now. Then we will rain terror down upon the people who brought us here, and then we will go our separate ways. If anyone has a problem with this, I have no qualms with making you into an undead servant with a little help from those of us who agree.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 06:11 PM
Glenn shudders again. "I've dealt with undead. I'll agree, I've no wish to suffer like one of those I've put to rest until I've at least had a chance for some rest and relaxation."

Niezck
2010-06-29, 06:11 PM
I know you to be honourless, "Sir Frog". You would attack with the slightest provocation while your opponent stands defenceless and unaware! This is not the way of an honourable warrior!

Sheathing his weapons in an attempt to diffuse the situation, the human retorts under his breath.

And I probably know how to use my swords better than you know how to breathe.

He then continues.

Indeed, I will cease this senseless shouting contest. But know this, Frog. You will not conduct yourself with such dishonour again while I am here. That is certain.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 06:13 PM
Listen check! [roll0]

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 06:14 PM
"I would love for a chance to educate you. But it will wait. As I said, in my experience, no one is defenseless. I refuse to believe that that thing could not kill me at this moment given the opportunity and reason."

"Speaketh with honour, oh foul mouthed miscreant. Before thoust wouldst speaketh of honour. Damnit!" shakes head violently.

shadowedsoul
2010-06-29, 06:18 PM
Gabrielle

Gabrielle sighs in weary resignation.
Just like being back home.
Let's try this again. My name is Gabrielle and this is Graham.
She says, motioning to the bear before turning to the armored man that tried to get between the mind flayer and the dragoon and extending her hand.
It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr...
She trails off, inviting him to introduce himself.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 06:20 PM
Glenn will watch quietly, as introductions are made. Having already made his own, he will begin to examine the room they are in for any obvious exits.

Niezck
2010-06-29, 06:21 PM
Pleasure to meet you, Gabrielle. Just call me Akar.

The human turns to the Illithid behind him.

And what did you say your name was again?

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 06:22 PM
"I believe it's name was... Svaky... or something similar, difficult name. At least I could remember that much." He continues perusing the room.

Chambers
2010-06-29, 06:42 PM
Jer Malfis

A low chuckle escapes from Jer as the frog thing slams into the force wall. He turns to regard their captor, listening to his words and studying his appearance. When the portal vanishes he walks over to Gabrielle and eyes the great bear for a moment.

There. We needed but wait and our purpose here has been explained in part. He looks to Akar. You acted well, knight. He nods slightly and turns his gaze to the frog thing. You are a liability. If our survival depends on us acting in concert, you will cease these unprovoked assaults, or our combined might will destroy you. Do as you will after we have parted, but turn against one of us again and I will burn you where you stand.

Readied Action - If the frog attacks anyone cast Acid Fog (using Discriminating Self to render everyone else (self included) from the effect. In short, the acid fog will be there but will only affect the frog)

I'm serious. That was poor roleplaying. There's a difference between playing your character, and playing your character to the extreme. This spell will kill your character and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 06:45 PM
"I already agreed to such things, do not question my word."

((Aside from killing the caster.))

"Four. Oh, and you needent worry, I will not, even should someone, or... something... try and slay you, I will merely stand and watch. Now, I suggest doing as everyone here has suggested, letting this topic drop, and getting on with the business at hand."

shadowedsoul
2010-06-29, 06:54 PM
Well you seem to have come to an accord, at least for the moment. I will leave you to your own devices then.
The man says, vanishing a moment later.

As soon as he's gone a 15' by 15' hole appears in the floor, a ladder leading down. The hole is not as well lit as the room, the light only penetrating to about 20 ft. below the surface of the floor.

Jallorn
2010-06-29, 07:00 PM
No where else to go, so come on, says Terak as he starts to climb down the ladder.

Just reminding you that as a vampire, I have darkvision.

Chambers
2010-06-29, 07:02 PM
Jer Malfis

Nodding to their captor, Jer takes out a copper piece and speaks words softly over it. It begins to glow, shedding light as of a torch. He walks over to the hole in the floor and drops it.

Casts Light
Senses Blindsight 120ft

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 07:04 PM
Walks over and watches. "Nice trick. Wish -my- magic were working..." watches down the hole.

shadowedsoul
2010-06-29, 07:11 PM
As the vampire begins descending Jer drops the light source down the shaft, it falls for a few seconds before landing on a hard surface, a sharp pinging sound reaching back up the shaft.

It appears to be about 300 ft. to the bottom, the coin shining in the gloom, illuminating the base of the ladder and a bit of the floor, which appears to be marble.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 07:32 PM
Figures he can't well survive that, though he may survive half. And decides to climb down the ladder until about 40 feet remain, and jump down.

((Assuming you allow a jump check to reduce damage, otherwise he'll climb all but 20 feet and jump down.))

Jallorn
2010-06-29, 07:38 PM
Terak simply climbs down, taking his time.

Lyndworm
2010-06-29, 07:40 PM
"Shall I go next, then?" The razored T'nay steps towards the pit, though he waits for Terak to finish his journey before climbing.

Niezck
2010-06-29, 07:48 PM
Simply striding over to the hole, Akar jumps down, disregarding the height of the drop.

Ring of Feather Falling presumably activates. If not then I'm very, very dead.

Also got 60ft Blindsight.

Chambers
2010-06-29, 07:57 PM
Jer Malfis

The half-cape of white feathers grows and expands, becoming two large wings of feathers. Jer steps into the air and floats down to the ground.

Hovering just above the marble surface, he reaches down and picks up the copper. Ignoring the light in his hand he half-closes his eyes, head slightly titled.

Senses Blindsight 120ft
Spells Active Contingent Energy Resistance, Greater Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Circle Against Chaos, Shield, Superior Resistance
Ring of Spell-Battle Auto-Detect spellcasting within 60ft (immediate action counter or re-direct)

shadowedsoul
2010-06-29, 08:26 PM
Gabrielle

Gabrielle and Graham simply fly down the hole to the floor.

Spot-[roll0]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As everyone makes it down to the floor they find that the room spreads out further than the range of their darkvision, but get the distinct sense that there is something moving in the darkness.

For those with blindsight-the walls are about 80' away and the room is circular, the ladder dropped down in the middle and the last 20' of the ladder aren't against a wall or anything (i.e. the ladder is basically a column at this point). other than that I need a spot check from everyone (yes, that includes people with blindsight and blindsense).

Jallorn
2010-06-29, 08:27 PM
Spot check:[roll0]

Niezck
2010-06-29, 08:54 PM
((Don't laugh ...[roll0]

Also, I have Tremorsense 120ft if that counts? :smalltongue:))

Lyndworm
2010-06-29, 09:30 PM
"Some of us are still blind down here, General; do you think that I could borrow that copper for a moment?" T'nay reaches his hand out towards the other Warmage.

Chambers
2010-06-29, 09:31 PM
Jer Malfis

Spot [roll0]

Senses Blindsight 120ft
Ring of Spell-Battle Auto-Detect spellcasting within 60ft (immediate action counter or re-direct)

Lyndworm
2010-06-29, 09:39 PM
"That's a touch more effective than what I had in mind... Good on you, then." T'nay lowers his hand and looks around the newly-brightened room.

Spot check:
[roll0]

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 09:41 PM
Pathetic Spot: [roll0]

NecroticPunch
2010-06-29, 10:06 PM
The Mind Flayer walks forward, and takes his time, climbing down the ladder, until he gets to the bottom with the others. " Sorry about being late, I was thinking about how annoying the attack on me was. I appologize for my rudeness, however, Sir Frog. S'vakya's'va is my name, for those of you who inquired. " The Mind Flayer says, as he looks around, examining the darkness.

Terrible Spot check, here we come. [roll0]

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 10:13 PM
(( Better than mine. ))
"Think nothing of it. I am weary, and cranky, I apologize for my lack of tact concerning the matter. Though... your face is somewhat reminiscent of a squid. Those tentacles..." *shudders* "What do you normally eat, anyway?"

NecroticPunch
2010-06-29, 10:15 PM
" Trust me, Sir Toad, you do not want to know. Do you all think I should try to communicate with this creature telepathically? " The illithid asks, as it stands calmly, watching to going-ons between the other people.

Ralasha
2010-06-29, 10:46 PM
"Toads are brown, I am not. They are also covered in rough hides, with bumps. Mine is green, soft, and smoothe. Therefor: Not a toad. Telemewhatsit? Go for it I guess."

Niezck
2010-06-29, 10:49 PM
Communication may prove useful, if you can establish it.

Lyndworm
2010-06-29, 10:56 PM
"To what creature are you referring? I see nothing in this wretched darkness!" T'nay begins walking in a small circle, obviously frustrated.

NecroticPunch
2010-06-30, 08:31 AM
" I have this strange feeling, as though there is someone moving in the darkness. I'll see if I can communicate with it now. " The Brain Eater says, as he tries to telepathically communicate with the creature that he feels is moving in the darkness.

Ralasha
2010-06-30, 09:41 AM
"I wonder if I can jump to the top of the hole... No. Definitely only about a quarter of the way... Must get stronger."

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 09:58 AM
Wow, I didn't realize just how bad everyone's spot checks were when I was checking skill ranks.

Just as the illithid's feet touch the smooth surface of the floor everyone hears an otherworldy shriek, the glowing coin stops shedding light, and out of the corner of your eye you can see a flickering shadow streak towards Glenn and begin slashing at him with an unholy fury.

touch attack rolls-
Attack 1-[roll0]
Damage 1-[roll]1d8+14+1 Con
Attack 2-[roll1]
Damage 2-[roll]1d8+14+1 Con
Attack 3-[roll2]
Damage 3-[roll]1d8+14+1 Con
Attack 4-[roll3]
Damage 4-[roll]1d8+14+1 Con

If attacks 1 and 2 hit-
Grapple-[roll4]
Glenn's Opposed Grapple-[roll5]

Initiative checks now that the surprise round is over-
T'nay-[roll6]
Glenn-[roll7]
Jer-[roll8]
Terak-[roll9]
Akar-[roll10]
Gabrielle-[roll11]

Baddie 1-[roll12]
Baddie 2-[roll13]

If your initiative isn't up there it's 'cause I don't have your sheet in the OOC thread, please fix that.

Here's the situation-where there was once light is now shadowy illumination (everything has a 20% miss chance unless you can see through magical darkness, and no, blindsight, tremorsense, scent, blindsense, whatever aren't helpful to you here, I will be more than happy to explain after the fight or if anyone thinks they have an appropriate knowledge check they can try and roll it on their turn).

You can only see 1 baddie clearly (the one that attacked Glenn), but you know what square the other one is in (it's about 40 ft. away, it's the one that cast the spell that negated the light spell).

NecroticPunch
2010-06-30, 10:22 AM
(( We're not screwed. You can totally one hit them with your uber spear. ))

Initiative. I WANT 20's!
[roll0]

Ralasha
2010-06-30, 10:31 AM
((No, I can't, I would need Weapon Supremecy to attack with it in a grapple. Kill me off first, I do more damage.))
"What in the blazes?!"

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 10:34 AM
Gabrielle

Graham, go get the far one.
Gabrielle says calmly as two discs of force appear in her hands and she begins to hammer the beast grappling the frog man with throws.

Free Action-Direct Graham to go attack the far away demon.
Free Action-Summon Mental Annulats
Swift Action-Mark the beastie grappling Glenn
Full Round Action-Full Attack

Main Hand:
Attack 1-[roll0]
Damage 1-[roll1]
Miss Chance-[roll2]-21 or Higher Hits.
Attack 2-[roll3]
Damage 2-[roll4]
Miss Chance-[roll5]-21 or Higher Hits.
Attack 3-[roll6]
Damage 3-[roll7]
Miss Chance-[roll8]-21 or Higher Hits.
Attack 4-[roll9]
Damage 4-[roll10]
Miss Chance-[roll11]-21 or Higher Hits.

Off Hand:
Attack 1-[roll12]
Damage 1-[roll13]
Miss Chance-[roll14]-21 or Higher Hits.
Attack 2-[roll15]
Damage 2-[roll16]
Miss Chance-[roll17]-21 or Higher Hits.
Attack 3-[roll18]
Damage 3-[roll19]
Miss Chance-[roll20]-21 or Higher Hits.
Attack 4-[roll21]
Damage 4-[roll22]
Miss Chance-[roll23]-21 or Higher Hits.

Graham's Action

Full Round Action-Charge far away beastie
Attack-[roll24]
Damage-[roll25]
Miss Chance-[roll26]-21 or Higher Hits.

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 10:37 AM
The creature grappling Glenn is torn to shreds as the circular force blades rip through its body.

((It's T'nay's turn))

Niezck
2010-06-30, 11:47 AM
((No it isn't :smallwink:

I initiate the Dance of Falling Leaves to boost my place in the initiative order by one.))

His martial training allowing him to react faster, Akar quickly springs into action and appears next to the unknown creature, weapons drawn and ready to begin his assault.

((Use 40ft of free action teleport to get next to it then full attack.))

Main Hand:
Attack [roll0]
Crit (17-20) [roll1]
Damage [roll2]+1 Con
Crit Damage[roll3]+3 Con
Concealment [roll4]

Attack [roll5]
Crit (17-20) [roll6]
Damage [roll7]+1 Con
Crit Damage [roll8]+3 Con
Concealment [roll9]

Attack [roll10]
Crit (17-20) [roll11]
Damage [roll12]+1 Con
Crit Damage [roll13]+3 Con
Concealment [roll14]

Off Hand:

Attack [roll15]
Crit (17-20) [roll16]
Damage [roll17]+1 Con
Crit Damage [roll18]+3 Con
Concealment [roll19]

Attack [roll20]
Crit (17-20) [roll21]
Damage [roll22]+1 Con
Crit Damage [roll23]+3 Con
Concealment [roll24]

Attack [roll25]
Crit (17-20) [roll26]
Damage [roll27]+1 Con
Crit Damage [roll28]+3 Con
Concealment [roll29]

If 2 or more attacks hit, they also take [roll30]/3 rend damage

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 12:38 PM
Akar swings furiously at the creature, his swords connecting a few times, but missing occasionally even when they should connect, he could even swear that once or twice his blades went straight through the creature.

It howls in pain as the blows connect, bits of darkness seemingly rent from its form.

((Fine, now it's T'nay's turn.))

Lyndworm
2010-06-30, 01:29 PM
T'nay turns to face the creature in the darkness. He clenches his fists and seven balls of light burst from each, although those from his right hand are larger and slower than those from his left. "Arcaniss nil'gnos!" shouts the man, the lights slamming into the creature.

Casting Magic Missile twice. The first is auto-Quickened and auto-Empowered, the second is both auto-Empowered and auto-Maximized.

First seven missiles:
[roll0] +50% (12) = 36
Equal parts Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Force damage.

Second seven missiles:
[roll1] x50% (14), +35 = 78
Equal parts Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Force damage.

I forgot my Blistering Spell and Flash Frost Spell feats, and my Warmage Edge ability. Each attack deals 34 more damage.

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 01:40 PM
The projectiles streak towards the beast, slamming into its body and seeming to peel away more shadowy wisps from its form. The missiles seem to do less damage than expected however, the shocking, burning and freezing effects not having any visible effect at all. In the brief flashes of light that the impacts cause you can see that the creature's body seems almost transluscent, and yellow eyes glare at the caster malevolently.

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 01:48 PM
As soon as the light fades from the projectiles the beast begins to move, flowing with a liquid grace that should be impossible for a creature of its size. It flits over to the caster and takes a swipe at him before diving into the floor.

Graham's Attack of Opportunity-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]
Miss Chance 1-[roll2] Needs a 21 or better
Miss CHance 2-[roll3] Needs a 51 or better

Akar's Attack of Opportunity-[roll4]
Damage-[roll5]
Miss Chance 1-[roll6] Needs a 21 or better
Miss CHance 2-[roll7] Needs a 51 or better

Gabrielle's Attack of Opportunity-[roll8]
Damage-[roll9]
Miss Chance 1-[roll10] Needs a 21 or better

((Its Terak's turn))

Jallorn
2010-06-30, 05:38 PM
Terak closes his eyes, and a dark aura surrounds him for a moment as he chants quietly, Helin maro ijish anafi loke.

Rebuke check: [roll0]
So if that thing is an undead with 13 or less HD, it's cowering, unless it has 6 or fewer hit dice, then it's commanded.

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 05:42 PM
The vampire concentrates, sending out a pulse of energy to disrupt the beast. Unfortunately it doesn't do jack to the creature.

((Jer and Glenn both get to go now, you're on same team and I don't really care which order you go in.))

Ralasha
2010-06-30, 06:16 PM
Glenn stands up. Glances himself over (Fast healing, so I should regain some HP), and climbs the nearby ladder about... 40 feet. "I'll be here till I eh... am a bit better for the whole... being torn to pieces thing."

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 06:26 PM
Glenn climbs the ladder, expecting his wounds to close up as he does so. To his surprise the wounds persist, his natural healing abilities unable to overcome the savage damage inflicted by the shadowy creature.

Ralasha
2010-06-30, 07:01 PM
"Right..." He then shouts down, "Don't get hit by those... it doesn't heal nice... or at all."

Chambers
2010-06-30, 09:08 PM
Jer Malfis

Creature of darkness, avoids light and resists magical energies. Jer thinks, observing the beast slash it's way towards him. I think mayb - Argghh! He cries out as the claws rip into his side, gliding through his armor.

Floating higher into the air, he prepares a strike. "Light! Someone call up a light!"

Move action Fly 10ft up.
Ready a Standard Action (cast Maximizied Orb of Force when the creature appears)

Senses Blindsight 120ft

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 09:12 PM
Gabrielle

Alas, that is beyond my abilities.
Gabrielle says, preparing to launch a strike at the creature when it reappears.

Gabrielle's Actions-
Standard: Ready to attack the beastie when it exits the ground.

Graham's Actions-
Move: Move over to where the creature entered the ground.
Standard: Ready an attack for when it exits.

((It's Akar's turn))

Niezck
2010-06-30, 09:18 PM
And also mine, regrettably.

With that Akar prepares to face the creature when it returns.

Ready an action to attack when it reappears.

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 09:24 PM
((It be T'nay's go))

Ralasha
2010-06-30, 09:33 PM
"Just because something climbs in one hole... soto speak, does not always mean it will come out in the same place!"

shadowedsoul
2010-06-30, 09:38 PM
Gabrielle

Enough with the advice from the toad too cowardly to even stay and fight!
Gabrielle calls up.

Ralasha
2010-06-30, 09:56 PM
"Well, excuse me for being nearly dead, and not wanting it taken the rest of the way."

Lyndworm
2010-06-30, 10:13 PM
T'nay realizes that his spell had little effect on the shadow creature, and he thinks that he may know why. He performs much the same action as before, clenching his fists and thrusting them towards the beast. "Arcaniss nil'gnos!" Small orbs of light once more fly towards its dusky hide.

Casting Magic Missile twice. The first is auto-Quickened and auto-Empowered, the second is both auto-Empowered and auto-Maximized.

First seven missiles:
[roll0] +50% (7) +41 = 62
Entirely Force damage.

Second seven missiles:
[roll1] x50% (8) +79 = 87
Entirely Force damage.

The combined damage from both attacks is 149.

Lyndworm
2010-06-30, 10:48 PM
T'nay follows the advice of the Generall, fishing a copper piece from his pocket and holding it tightly. In not a moment it's glowing quite brightly, and he drops it on the ground where it emits light around the room. "That should just about do it, don't you think?"

Cast Daylight on the coin.

Here's the original post:
T'nay follows the advice of the General, fishing a copper piece from his pocket and holding it tightly. In not a moment it's glowing quite brightly, and when he opens his hand it shoots off into the distance.

Cast Daylight and Launch Object. The first is quickened, the second flings the item up to 230ft. It requires an attack roll to hit the object I have in mind, but I just want it to go far away. Still;

[roll0]
Ha! :smallfurious: A completely superfluous roll, and it was a crit?

shadowedsoul
2010-07-01, 12:42 AM
The demon appears behind Graham, lashing out with a claw before screeching in rage at the renewed brightness of the room and fleeing to the edge of the light and diving into the floor again.

Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]+1 Con

No one gets to set off readied actions, it appeared a solid 15 ft. away from where it was supposed to be.

((Terak, Jer and Glenn all get to act now before the next round begins.))

Jallorn
2010-07-01, 01:06 AM
Terak makes a few motions, but speaks nothing, waiting for the right time to strike.

Ready action to hit the demon with a ray of Enervation if he comes within range.

Ranged Touch attack:[roll0]
Negative Levels:[roll1]

Ralasha
2010-07-01, 01:13 PM
"Don't listen to the frog... oh no, even though I was right... Idiot."
Glenn readies his action to jump at the beast when it appears, and skewer it with his spear.

NecroticPunch
2010-07-02, 09:44 AM
Please, people, I think I'll be hiding now! S'vaky says, as he first generates an Astral Construct, which actually looks pretty mean and powerful, then proceeds to send out telepathic communication to the Shadow Demon.

Knowledge ( Planes ) To identify craetures = [roll0]

Manifest an 8th level Astral Construct, using my Psicrown, and take Pounce and Extra Attack

HP for the Astral Construct: [roll1]

Astral Construct readies an action to Pounce and attack the Shadow Demon with all three of his natural weapons, if it gets within 40 feet and appears.

Attack 1: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3]
Attack 3: [roll4]

Crit Confirmation 1: [roll5]
Crit Confirmation 1: [roll6]
Crit Confirmation 1: [roll7]

Damage 1: [roll8]
Crit Damage 1: [roll9]
Damage 2: [roll10]
Crit Damage 2: [roll11]
Damage 3: [roll12]
Crit Damage 3: [roll13]

Ok. That's all I need to do, I think.

shadowedsoul
2010-07-02, 10:21 PM
Gabrielle

Slippery little ****er ain't yah?
Gabrielle mumbles, turning to face where the demon disappeared.

Gabrielle readies an attack for when the beastie appears (technically she could've done it last time too, but I don't care enough to go back and fix it since I'm the one that forgot in the first place).

Graham readies and action to charge the critter if it appears within 80' of him.

((Akar, T'nay and Jer get to go, then it's the demon's turn.))

Lyndworm
2010-07-02, 10:25 PM
T'nay, too, turns towards the creature's last apparent position. He seems to ready himself for something, his left hand balled into a fist.

Readying an action to cast an Empowered Maximized Magic Missile. I'm fine with using the rolls from earlier or making new rolls, whichever.

Chambers
2010-07-02, 10:45 PM
Jer Malfis

Hovering the middle of the air Jer notes the scorch mark on the floor where his strike went wide. Very well, creature. You shall not escape this.

Ready action to cast Daylight on himself if T'nay's Daylight is dispelled.

Ralasha
2010-07-02, 11:04 PM
Glenn is readying an action to use his leap attack and pounce on it. Without the Power Attack thing. Just a straight jumping charge.

Niezck
2010-07-02, 11:19 PM
Akar draws his shortspear from his quiver and readies it against the monster, preparing to throw it at the first sign of the creature.

Ready an action to throw the shortspear.

Cogidubnus
2010-07-03, 03:34 AM
Initiative: [roll0]
http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=8658

Hassid draws his claws and readies an action to move to attack the monster as soon as it appears.

shadowedsoul
2010-07-06, 11:08 AM
As everyone prepares to lunge at the demon the instant it appears, huge black tentacles grow out of the floor and attempt to grapple everyone.

Tentacle Grapple Check-[roll0]
Gabrielle-Has Freedom of Movement
Graham-Has Freedom of Movement
Akar-[roll1]
Terak-[roll2]
S'vkya's'va-[roll3]
Jer-[roll4]
Glenn (I think is still 40 feet up the ladder, if so then the tentacles won't reach him, if not)-[roll5]
T'nay-[roll6]
Hassid-[roll7]

Anyone who gets grappled takes [roll8] damage (damage reduction does not apply).

Lyndworm
2010-07-06, 01:58 PM
T'nay is seized by the vile tendrils. He thrashes about, but it's no use.

Grapple check:
[roll0]

Ralasha
2010-07-06, 07:16 PM
Being safe up apon the ladder, glenn waits until the beast comes within 30 feet of the ladder, and then leaps upon it, stabbing violently. Meanwhile, he laughs at the others' bad luck. While I may not be... completely against certain of your deaths... I will not allow you to simply die... if it attacks someone.

Niezck
2010-07-07, 01:53 AM
Being caught by the demon's tentacles, Akar struggles but to no avail, cursing the demon's use of foul play.

Yay identicle grapple modifiers! :Smalltongue:
[roll0]

Ralasha
2010-07-07, 05:02 PM
On the other hand, I would not mind too horribly if some of you died... I have quite the dilema. To act with honor, as I should, and help you... or to act as honor would also dictate, and allow my enemies to die. My enemies of course being those of you that have threatened me. Squid face is not amonst those, at least, as we have made amends.

NecroticPunch
2010-07-08, 09:18 AM
" Quite right, sir Frog. I believe that we should... perhaps a teleport, and then... well, we'll have to see! " The Mind Flayer said, as he concentrated his mind, using his Psionic powers to teleport outside the bounds of the tentacles. Following this, he ordered his Astral Construct to be ready to pounce on the Demon the second it is saw. " Don't kill the creature just yet! Restrain it, if you would, I have an idea! "

Alright. So I used 7 PP to teleport. Next round I'm going to Charm Monster on it.

shadowedsoul
2010-07-08, 10:37 AM
Gabrielle

Gabrielle and Graham stand amidst the writhing tentacles, but every time one tries to get a hold of either of them it just seems to slip off.
Well this is somewhat annoying.
She says, stepping out of the range of the tentacles.

Both readying an action to strike should the beastie emerge.

((Everyone who goes before the beastie can post now.))

Chambers
2010-07-08, 11:51 AM
Jer Malfis

Black tentacles wrap around his legs, trying to crush them. Jer grunts. "You'll have to do better than that demon." Speaking a word of power Jer disappears from the tentacles and instantly reappears against the wall of the room, directly opposite from where the mind flayer teleported to.

Dimension Door

HP: 50 / 85

Senses Blindsight 120ft

Niezck
2010-07-08, 01:01 PM
Within the blink of an eye, Akar is free from the writhing mass of tentacles that once held him.

10ft Free Action Telelport

He once more stands ready, spear in hand, to combat the demon.

Ready an action again to throw my spear should it appear. Heh, rhymes.

Lyndworm
2010-07-08, 01:37 PM
T'nay, too, is suddenly not where he once was. He simply stands near the betentacled monstrosity, a smug grin on his face.

Cast Silent Dimension Door.

shadowedsoul
2010-07-08, 05:45 PM
As everyone attempts to extricate themselves from the tentacles the demon lets out a horrid screech and flies out of the floor. Flying away from the light and into the wall at the north end of the room.

Okay, I'm being lazy and not going back through everything, anyone who's still grappled make a grapple check against [roll0].

Will Saves (if your character is immune to sonic or mind affecting effects then ignore this save)-
Akar-[roll1]
Terak-[roll2]
Hassid-[roll3]
S'vkya's'va--[roll4]
Jer-[roll5]
Glenn-[roll6]
T'nay-[roll7]
Gabrielle-[roll8]
Graham-[roll9]

If your save is under 24 then you're dazed (you can still take any readied action your have since they'll go off before the screech)

If you have readied actions go ahead and roll them when you post your turn.

Readied Actions:
Gabrielle-
Attack-[roll10]
Damage-[roll11]

Graham-
Charge-[roll12]
Damage-[roll13]
Miss Chance (21 or better hits)-[roll14]

((Alright, **** it, everyone go ahead and go, there's only one bad guy left.))

Niezck
2010-07-08, 05:52 PM
Le sigh, I'm dazed :smallfrown

Readied action:
Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]+1 Con
C Damage [roll3]+3 Con

The shortspear returns to me before the start of my next round.

Ralasha
2010-07-09, 03:30 AM
Readied Action:
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit confirm [roll2] (In case)

Lyndworm
2010-07-12, 12:24 PM
Clenching his fists and thrusting them towards the beast, T'nay shout "Arcaniss nil'gnos!" Small orbs of light once more fly towards the creature's dusky hide.

First seven missiles:
[roll0] +50% (8) +48 = 72
Entirely Force damage.

Second seven missiles:
[roll1] x50% (9) +76 = 85
Entirely Force damage.

The combined damage from both attacks is 157.

shadowedsoul
2010-07-12, 12:30 PM
((Looks like no one is dazed after all, Lyndworm has killed the beastie))

As the beast rises from the ground T'nay's magic streaks towards it, lighting up patches of its darkness and tearing through its form. As the beast falls back into the ground the tentacles fade away, releasing their grip.

Niezck
2010-07-15, 10:03 AM
Well that was a bit ... random. Everybody alright?

Jallorn
2010-07-15, 10:34 AM
I've been better, but yes.

NecroticPunch
2010-07-15, 11:30 AM
I agree with him. I have been much better, but now I'm fairly good.

Lyndworm
2010-07-15, 01:22 PM
"I'm uninjured, if that's what you mean."

Cogidubnus
2010-07-19, 12:15 PM
Hassid

"So, what now?"

Sorry I haven't posted recently, was away for 2 weeks and didn't have the internet I expected.

Niezck
2010-07-19, 01:18 PM
Perhaps an inspection of the room would be a good place to start?

Lyndworm
2010-07-19, 01:31 PM
"Indeed it would." T'nay begins walking around the room, Daylighted coin in hand.

Niezck
2010-07-20, 11:56 AM
Akar joins T'Nay in the search, using the light of the coin as a guide, trying to locate anything unusual about the room.

shadowedsoul
2010-07-20, 01:55 PM
As the two of you begin searching Akar notices a faint crack in the wall, following it up and around reveals that it appears to be the crease where one slab of stone meets another. Other than this there isn't a whole lot to find in the room except for a small pile of bones against the wall opposite the crack.

Niezck
2010-07-20, 02:03 PM
Inspecting the bones, Akar calls out to the others.

Oi, you mystical healer types. Can you make any sense of these?

Lyndworm
2010-07-20, 02:37 PM
"I'm no healer, but my guess is the poor guy tampered with the crack and got exploded."

Niezck
2010-07-20, 02:50 PM
Indeed. But perhaps one of more experienced healers among us could attempt to figure out how they died, or even just some clues?

Jallorn
2010-07-20, 03:39 PM
I got it covered, with a grin that shows off his sharp teeth, Terak moves to the pile of bones, then, assuming it's a single body, arranges the bones in the proper shape, and begins the motions and incantations to cast a spell.

Speak with dead

shadowedsoul
2010-07-20, 04:43 PM
The bones shiver a little bit as the necromantic energies energize the dusty skeleton.
What @%^# want?
It asks in a raspy voice, partially in Elven and partially in a language you don't recognize.

The symbols are just standing in for the other language. Ralasha and NecroticPunch haven't listed their known languages, so they need to go ahead and do that.

But the spell worked, you get as many as 7 questions I believe.

Jallorn
2010-07-20, 04:55 PM
6, I have +3 LA

What happened during the last five minutes of your life? Speak only in elvish.

shadowedsoul
2010-07-20, 05:58 PM
I'm assuming you're asking in elven?
I woke up in a room above and a man appeared telling me that I had been selected for some game. When I climbed down here I was attacked by two shadows. I tried to run away and was killed.

Jallorn
2010-07-20, 07:03 PM
What do you know of that crack in the wall?

shadowedsoul
2010-07-20, 07:24 PM
It was smoking when I died.

Ralasha
2010-07-22, 03:11 PM
Glenn will leap over. "Smoking?" His eyes narrow. "What was it smoking? Also, while I'm at it, I don't suppose someone could heal me. Not that I mind bleeding all over the place..." will turn sharply in order to attempt to splash someone with his blood. "but it aches in the most annoying of possible ways when I do this..." and contorts his body into some unnatural position. "And I wasn't even able to do that before."

Jallorn
2010-07-22, 04:46 PM
Do you know if there are any ways out of this room? Terak asks the skeleton, completely ignoring the frogthing.

The alternative was to offer to raise him as an intelligent undead. :D

shadowedsoul
2010-07-22, 05:31 PM
No.

I don't actually have anything else to say, there's just a character minimum.

Ralasha
2010-07-25, 01:33 AM
What does he know about the crack?
And were their other exits upstairs? I'll go check. Someone want to come with in case their is another encounter waiting for us up there?

Jallorn
2010-07-29, 01:26 AM
What question should I ask you that would provide me with the most information about this place?

Cogidubnus
2010-07-29, 09:27 AM
Hassid

"If you're exploring the upper rooms, I'll come with you. You may find my help useful."

Search check if necessary for examining upper room: [roll0]
Spot Check: [roll1]

Ralasha
2010-07-30, 03:59 AM
Glenn starts moving up the ladder.

Cogidubnus
2010-07-30, 08:07 AM
Hassid follows him.

Lyndworm
2010-07-30, 12:12 PM
T'nay waves goodbye to the two adventurers, but remains quiet as he awaits the vampire's next question.

shadowedsoul
2010-07-30, 03:40 PM
Glenn and Hassid return to the first room to find a room, it looks just the same as it did when you were here before.

Jallorn
2010-07-31, 10:48 AM
I can think of no other questions. Anyone?

Lyndworm
2010-07-31, 03:51 PM
"I can think of nothing useful, either. I suppose you could just ask a personal question, but I don't see how it would help." T'nay grins awkwardly at is own joke.

Ralasha
2010-08-03, 10:19 PM
Glenn takes a look at the walls, to make certain they did not miss any openings. (Too bad, we have no rogue.)

shadowedsoul
2010-08-03, 10:22 PM
Glenn doesn't find any openings, he does find a small silver ring where the floor meets the wall.

Trapfinding is a stupid ability and I ignore it, anyone with a decent search check can find traps and the like, I do tend to make the DCs higher than in the DMG though since by this level anyone with ranks will automatically succeed if I don't.

Ralasha
2010-08-03, 11:05 PM
Glenn will pick it up. Pocket it, and head back down.

Cogidubnus
2010-08-04, 02:21 AM
I'm basically a psionic rogue. I did include a search check a little while back. Did that not produce anything?

shadowedsoul
2010-08-04, 02:24 AM
So you did, you also find the ring, since you rolled first if you really want it you can take it instead of Glenn since you did roll first.

Ralasha
2010-08-04, 02:54 PM
this should all be in OOC shouldn't it? So as to not clutter this section?
I found a ring up there, anyone here good at identifying items, you know, in case it is magical?

Lyndworm
2010-08-27, 10:57 PM
T'nay points a finger, and a series of small yellow-white spheres rapidly move towards the mysterious crack. They create small, but surprisingly violent-looking, explosions on impact.

Casting Magic Missile at the crack. Through the Flexible Dichotomy class feature, change the damage type to Cold. Then, using the Energy Admixture feat, double the damage dealt. Through Flexible Dichotomy again, change the damage to 1% Cold, 1% Fire, and 98% Force. Since this spell now deals both Cold and Fire damage, the Dichotomy Admixture class feature auto-Empowers it without increasing the spell level or casting time.

Damage:
[roll0] +50% (35) = 105

shadowedsoul
2010-08-28, 12:53 PM
The missiles streak toward the crack, slamming into it and winking out of existence.

Magic Missile specifically states that it doesn't damage inanimate objects, so that's not gonna work.

Ralasha
2010-10-04, 10:27 AM
"Perhaps a different tactic... anyone have a ranged weapon... like a dagger... or a bow?"