PDA

View Full Version : Spells with multiple damage rolls

Ranos
2010-06-29, 07:49 PM
I'm building a bard right now, with boosted up inspire courage, and I was thinking that magic missile would be a pretty neat spell. At a sufficiently high level, it would allow me to apply that inspire courage damage bonus 5 times in one blow.

Any more spells with a good number of damage rolls/actions spent ratio ? They don't necessarily have to be on the bard's list.

Keld Denar
2010-06-29, 07:57 PM
IC wouldn't boost magic missile damage. If anything, the spell would have to have an attack roll to be considered "weapon-like" before even being considered.

Whirling Blade is a great on for this. Its a line effect of "attacks", each of which would be boosted by IC. It can only strike a single target once though, although its great for groups.

Ranos
2010-06-29, 08:07 PM
IC wouldn't boost magic missile damage. If anything, the spell would have to have an attack roll to be considered "weapon-like" before even being considered.

Whirling Blade is a great on for this. Its a line effect of "attacks", each of which would be boosted by IC. It can only strike a single target once though, although its great for groups.

Ah, you're right, thanks for catching that. Whirling blade's a pretty good idea too, I'll look into it.