PDA

View Full Version : Losing Levels and Prepared Spells

Mandar
2010-06-29, 09:05 PM
Lets say I have a 6th level spell written in my prayer book, (Archivest) and I lose a level due to death, and can't cast that spell anymore, does it still stay in my prayer book? Futhermore, when I level up again will I get 2 new spells in adition to the 6th level already written?

Manny~

Mystic Muse
2010-06-29, 09:06 PM
Lets say I have a 6th level spell written in my prayer book, (Archivest) and I lose a level due to death, and can't cast that spell anymore, does it still stay in my prayer book? Futhermore, when I level up again will I get 2 new spells in adition to the 6th level already written?

Manny~

I'd rule it stays in your book but you can't cast it. I also wouldn't give you extra spells because that'd be a little broken.

Of course, I don't know much about Archivists. I'm mostly thinking of wizards here.

Ranos
2010-06-29, 09:09 PM

Manny~

Yes and yes.

The prayerbook is a piece of equipment, separate from your character or his level. If you snag the BBEG's prayerbook and it has 9th level spells, they don't mysteriously disappear from the book. You just can't use them.