PDA

View Full Version : Banning Question

sofawall
2010-06-29, 09:45 PM
Bans are, as most of us know, by IP rather than purely by account. This would, I assume, prevent us from signing in to any account at the same IP, as well as signing in to the account from any IP. What else does banning involve? Can you read the forums (but not post)? Can you even access giantitp, maybe to read OotS?

Nevitan
2010-06-29, 09:52 PM
I thought the Mods only banned accounts unless someone who was banned kept coming back on the same IP with new accounts. :smallconfused:

Renegade Paladin
2010-06-29, 10:49 PM
I thought the Mods only banned accounts unless someone who was banned kept coming back on the same IP with new accounts. :smallconfused:
Apparently not. I am informed by a banned poster that he cannot see the board even though he never tried to come back, being disgusted over the circumstances of his banning to begin with.

sofawall
2010-06-29, 10:51 PM
Roland has apparently posted on this board that it's an IP ban by default.

So no reading the boards, even? That's annoying.

Cealocanth
2010-06-29, 11:15 PM
Aww. That really stinks. Now I know that a banned person cannot even get the enjoyment of OOTS. I feel bad for banned people. :smallfrown: I guess they deserved what they got...

Rawhide
2010-06-29, 11:20 PM
Renegade Paladin: Don't believe everything a banned poster tells you. I have observed, on this board, others and in completely unrelated situations, that a considerable number of people will fabricate and drastically overstate actions taken against them as well as considerably understate, deny or neglect to mention details of actions that they have taken.

We will take whatever actions are necessary given each individual circumstance. This may include IP banning.