PDA

View Full Version : Size increase?

bignate
2010-06-30, 10:00 AM
hey all,

is there a way to increase your size and get all the benefits and penalties with it? no just enlarge which gives you flat bonus for size increase. i want to be able to change size, is there a way?

Jarawara
2010-06-30, 10:05 AM
hey all,

is there a way to increase your size and get all the benefits and penalties with it? no just enlarge which gives you flat bonus for size increase. i want to be able to change size, is there a way?

Well, you could just respond to one of those emails that show up everywhere. If you need, I can forward a couple dozen your way, promising all sorts of size increases.

Oh, wait... you meant **in a D&D game**. Ah, sorry, can't help you there, I've fallen behind in the rules nowadays.

:smalltongue:

Il_Vec
2010-06-30, 10:07 AM
What kind of anwser are you looking for here? We can give you Races, Templates, Items, Psionics... All kinds of things can alter your size.

Cyrion
2010-06-30, 10:12 AM
How about alter self/polymorph/shapechange? In principle you could polymorph into yourself but bigger.

Optimystik
2010-06-30, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "flat bonuses." Increasing your size is always gives flat bonuses (and penalties); the numbers just change depending on how big you get.

If what you mean is "how do I grow by more than one size category," then Expansion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/expansion.htm) and Giant Size (Wu Jen spell) are the best ways, after polymorph/shapechange.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-30, 10:52 AM
I must agree that is a confusing question indeed. A number of things increase your size including templates spells races etc. I don't know what you are looking for exactly but check out the crystalkeep.com sources for templates or races and then you can always add expansion or giant size as optimystik has already stated.

gallagher
2010-06-30, 11:20 AM
there is a cleric spell, either divine strength or righteous might

Choco
2010-06-30, 11:23 AM
Well, you could just respond to one of those emails that show up everywhere. If you need, I can forward a couple dozen your way, promising all sorts of size increases.

Oh, wait... you meant **in a D&D game**. Ah, sorry, can't help you there, I've fallen behind in the rules nowadays.

:smalltongue:

Drat, beat me to it...

Vinyadan
2010-06-30, 11:23 AM
If you are small, you can become an Elan and be medium, but you will start again at level 1.

Il_Vec
2010-06-30, 12:13 PM
there is a cleric spell, either divine strength or righteous might

Righteous might is the one.

Level 5 spell, tho. UMD or 9 levels of cleric are the usual ways to get that...

Lord Vukodlak
2010-06-30, 02:06 PM
Its not confusing at all[to me anyway], he means how do you increase your size and get the bonuses and penalties from the Changes to Statistics by Size table on improving monsters.

If you increase the HD of a wolf until it reaches large size it gains
+8 Strength, -2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Natural armor etc.

THAT is his question how can that be accomplished.

But as far as I know it can't

okpokalypse
2010-06-30, 06:35 PM
Polymorph / Metamorphosis are your best bets.

There are a lot of good Large creatures to use and they've got the adjustment factor in there. There are also a few good Medium / Large that progress with more HD (Higher CL Poly/Morph) and you'd factor that in as well.

I don't know if a DM would be too keen on what a previous poster said of Poly'ing into a Large Version of yourself to key those bonuses...

dps
2010-06-30, 07:08 PM
Drat, beat me to it...

I was going to suggest, "start eating a lot more, especially sweets and fatty foods, and cut back on your exercise".

bignate
2010-06-30, 10:00 PM
i guess i did a bad job of explaining that...

i have a current character who is small. i would like to find a way to become medium or even large with the normal stat change that are associated with a change in size without changing my race(so no polymorph) or class. i would prefer that it is not permanent, probably a spell or magic item.

Siosilvar
2010-06-30, 10:10 PM
Is Huge size okay? It requires a custom item made of a spell available only to one class (the Wu Jen from Complete Arcane), but it's all I can think of.

Command word item of Giant Size costs... 163,800gp as a slotted item. Gets you Huge size (with the +16 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, +3 NA, and -2 AC/to hit that entails) no problem for 1 minute, however.

Can be had for cheaper if you add a uses/day limitation to it.

And this requires so much DM approval it's not even funny; is having the exact stat change really that necessary?

Daitini Peck
2010-06-30, 11:28 PM
i guess i did a bad job of explaining that...

i have a current character who is small. i would like to find a way to become medium or even large with the normal stat change that are associated with a change in size without changing my race(so no polymorph) or class. i would prefer that it is not permanent, probably a spell or magic item.

Take the Prestige class Dragon Disciple from the Tome and Blood book, it has you go up one size at 5th lvl. Plus you get lots of stat increases, a breath weapon, natural armor, etc.

It is different from the Dragon Disciple in the DM's guide in 3.5

Just see if your dm allows it.