PDA

View Full Version : 1 on 1 V:tM advice

GeminiVeil
2010-06-30, 04:06 PM
Hello all. I am starting a 1on1 VtM game with a friend of mine. I have never done a 1 on 1 game before, except what turned out to be a 1 shot. I have experiance ST-ing for him, this system, and this setting, but not really 1 shots. Any advice would be appreciated, and I'm going to spoiler more specifics on the game.

He is playing as a Malkavian who has taken the merit Additional Discipline: Chimerstry. (not sure if it's allowed, but I figured since he's the only one, I'd let him take it). I'm basically using the plotline from the Video Game Bloodlines, if anyone has played that. We have only played one session, so I haven't really deviated too much from its plot yet, but can if I need to, since he has never played the VG. I anyone requests any additional info, I will be happy to post it.

Also, if this isn't an apporpriate place for this kind of question, if someone would kindly direct me to a better area to post it, I will be happy to do so. Thanks in advance.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-30, 04:29 PM
Which edition are you playing? I'm guessing Revised (since I don't recognize that merit)?

GeminiVeil
2010-06-30, 05:54 PM
Which edition are you playing? I'm guessing Revised (since I don't recognize that merit)?

Yes, I'm playing Masquerade, not requiem. Didn't really like what they did to the system in Requiem, though some of the history and clan stuff was kinda nice.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-30, 06:00 PM
No, I mean which edition of Masquerade are you playing? There's original, Second Edition, and Revised (Third) Edition.

P.S. I can read acronyms. :smallwink:

GeminiVeil
2010-06-30, 06:06 PM
No, I mean which edition of Masquerade are you playing? There's original, Second Edition, and Revised (Third) Edition.

P.S. I can read acronyms. :smallwink:

Sorry, it didn't occur to me. My bad. It was the revised edition, I believe. I know it was the one that came out right before Requiem.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-30, 06:43 PM
Well, the only advice I can think of is to make sure to flesh out a lot of NPCs (and not just the main ones), since it's just the two of you. You have the freedom to play out a lot of drama and really focus on the single character which you don't get when playing with a larger group, so definitely take advantage of it.

comicshorse
2010-06-30, 06:45 PM
Be VERY careful with any combat encounters. One P.C means if he's having bad luck there is nobody else to pull his fat out of the fire

Lord Vampyre
2010-06-30, 08:18 PM
WoD is more about the story. It doesn't really matter what you allow him to have. Just make sure he has a good reason for having it. Doing a one on one game gives you alot of freedom. You can deviate from canon as much as you want.