PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a bit bummed about the brawl?

Katana_Geldar
2010-06-30, 06:04 PM
I wanted it to go for a few more rounds at least before the cops came in like Stop Having Fun Guys. Anyone else a little disappointed?

Jokasti
2010-06-30, 06:06 PM
No. May the plot e'er move forward.

Erts
2010-06-30, 06:28 PM
I wanted it to go for a few more rounds at least before the cops came in like Stop Having Fun Guys. Anyone else a little disappointed?

A bit, but on the upside, at least the plot is moving fairly fast, I'm guessing that the party will be reunited again next strip.

EyethatBinds
2010-06-30, 07:13 PM
Since the bar's joke was "Oh no how typical" I think it could've been cut completely and they just get stopped for an entirely different reason. The 1/2 dragon ogre and lizardfolk are about as interesting as drying paint and they really peaked in humor with the Star Wars gag.

PallElendro
2010-06-30, 07:24 PM
Since the bar's joke was "Oh no how typical" I think it could've been cut completely and they just get stopped for an entirely different reason. The 1/2 dragon ogre and lizardfolk are about as interesting as drying paint and they really peaked in humor with the Star Wars gag.

"I'm holding a thermal detonator!" Crowd panics.

Katana_Geldar
2010-06-30, 07:39 PM
Here's hoping that there's more when the book comes out, as there are a lot of bar brawl jokes that I'd like to see Rich use.

Warhammer3025
2010-06-30, 09:23 PM
Indeed, i'm sure a full length brawl will included in the compiliation. I mean, how can it not? I wanna see Belkster try to cheapshot Enor only realize that lizards are built differently :smalltongue:

Darthteej
2010-06-30, 10:15 PM
I envy you people who can buy compilation books with abandon. In addition to new bar jokes, this one will probably have a full rendition of the Linear Guild vs. Tarquin and pals :smallfurious:

Kranden
2010-06-30, 10:16 PM
Indeed, i'm sure a full length brawl will included in the compiliation. I mean, how can it not? I wanna see Belkster try to cheapshot Enor only realize that lizards are built differently :smalltongue:

I think Belkar may be a master of anatomy at this point with all the exploratory surgery his daggers perform.

Flame of Anor
2010-07-01, 12:55 AM
No. May the plot e'er move forward.

Aye to that!

I think Belkar may be a master of anatomy at this point with all the exploratory surgery his daggers perform.

Is anyone else thinking of the cranioectomy from Series of Unfortunate Events?

Richard J.
2010-07-01, 01:26 AM
I envy you people who can buy compilation books with abandon. In addition to new bar jokes, this one will probably have a full rendition of the Linear Guild vs. Tarquin and pals :smallfurious:It's not like you can't save up for them and get them too. Ordering them online is the easiest way but if you have a small comic/game shop you can get them to order them for you if you're worried about credit card info or don't have a credit or debit card to use.

They don't cost all that much. If you eat out, get pizza delivered or drink Starbucks coffee, you can easily afford them just by not doing those things a few times. It just takes a little self-denial.

Take stock of any one-time use items you purchase and try to cut back on them. (Letting grocery store sales dictate your menu can save many hundreds a year.) It shouldn't be more than a month or two at the most before you've saved enough to easily buy the compilations. (Though if you haven't gotten it, I'd say start with Start of Darkness. It's awesome.)

Sorry for the off-topic, just trying to be helpful. :smallcool:

And yeah, I was kinda bummed by the short brawl too. I don't mind side quests or "filler" in a series (especially since you can never be sure just how important to the plot it REALLY is) so I would have actually enjoyed a longer brawl. Just a few strips, 3-4.

Ancalagon
2010-07-01, 02:17 AM
Yes, I would like more comics. But I doubt they would be worth waiting seven or so days for. So progressing is preferred unter current circumstances.

Procyonpi
2010-07-01, 04:13 AM

You mean like, more than one update? But that'd be BORING o_0

LuPuWei
2010-07-01, 04:21 AM

I beg to differ (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0177.html).

Luzahn
2010-07-01, 09:27 AM
The end of the brawl means plot advancement. Also, we need more Durkon.

iTookUrNick
2010-07-01, 09:52 AM
The end of the brawl means plot advancement. Also, we need more Durkon.

You sir are obviously biased. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, I am hoping for a bonus addition too. Either that, or I'll assume it was to show off the local police efficiency.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-01, 02:36 PM

That's why Rich includes bonus stuff in his books.

Trixie
2010-07-01, 04:07 PM
It's not like you can't save up for them and get them too. Ordering them online is the easiest way but if you have a small comic/game shop you can get them to order them for you if you're worried about credit card info or don't have a credit or debit card to use.

You are aware that there are countries outside of certain one in center of North America, are you?

Optimystik
2010-07-01, 04:36 PM
I envy you people who can buy compilation books with abandon. In addition to new bar jokes, this one will probably have a full rendition of the Linear Guild vs. Tarquin and pals :smallfurious:

In general, anything truly noteworthy from the bonus strips is summarized here on the forums.

Not quite the same as reading it, but at least you guys won't miss out completely. :smalltongue:

Knaight
2010-07-01, 05:37 PM
You are aware that there are countries outside of certain one in center of North America, are you?

You can get them shipped outside of said country, its not exactly difficult. Granted, debit card security varies highly, and credit cards aren't particularly common in most other nations, but at most that involves some minor workarounds unless you are in an extremely remote place.

Eldan
2010-07-01, 05:39 PM
However, if you live in certain countries, you also pay about as much shipping cost as the books cost, and then taxes on top of that, to probably a total price of about three times what the book costs.
It's annoying.

Knaight
2010-07-01, 05:44 PM
Wait, when did we narrow this down to the UK? :smallbiggrin:

Yes, and of course there are also currency differences and such, so the books might seem expensive elsewhere, even ignoring shipping and such. Still, in most cases they shouldn't be hard to acquire.

Katana_Geldar
2010-07-01, 05:52 PM
OOTS books are $90 where I live, and I need to go to Sydney to get them. ihe last book, the guy didn't order them in until I asked him to.

Oh, and the major credit cards (Visa, Amex, Master Card) are pretty much common anywhere. Though Amex makes you pay through the nose.

What are some bar room brawl jokes that could be used? One I can think of is pushing someone down the bar and sweeping the drinks off as they go. There's also swinging on a chandeleer....

rewinn
2010-07-01, 06:08 PM
Here's hoping that there's more when the book comes out, as there are a lot of bar brawl jokes that I'd like to see Rich use.
My favorite has always been Cyrano Jones wobbling around with a drink in the Trouble With Tribbles Fight Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6KGOkzbf_c) (altho the DS9 version takes it to a new level of wackiness. Perhaps the Order's descendents can go back in time and help Roy!)

hobbitkniver
2010-07-01, 06:14 PM
Yes, I would have enjoyed a good fight.