PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Favorite Archfiend?

Marriclay
2010-07-01, 12:41 AM
The Fiendish Codex 1 and 2 brought us the archfiends, but has anybody sat down and thought about which one they like best? I mean, we all probably go out of our way to pick a certain god from the pantheons we have available to us, unless we have a character concept we want to try (I usually pick Pelor or some other sun god, as a matter of convenience for my mostly NG characters). I'm wondering which archfiend appeals to you the most? Demon or Devil? And which among them?

I'm going to have to say Mephistopholese. He is the single most badass of the dukes of hell,having said straight to Asmodeus' face that he will rule in his place one day. wow.

PId6
2010-07-01, 12:56 AM
How can anyone not love Mephistopheles? Charming, civil, gentlemanly, and fiendishly evil; a perfect combination. Besides that, he mastered Hellfire, making him the default patron of my warlocks.

Out of the demon lords, Orcus is definitely my favorite. He dies, gets resurrected as a god, kills other gods, dies again and becomes a demon prince once more, and now plots to become a god again. What's more badass than that? He also makes a great vestige as Tenebrous, which is a nice plus.

nyjastul69
2010-07-01, 01:07 AM
Demogorgon, Juiblex or Zuggtmoy I'm not sure which one creeps me out the most.

The Tygre
2010-07-01, 01:07 AM
Depends. I consider myself something of an expert on the fiendish side. But for Demons, I'd say Graz'zt. If nothing else, because he's a riddle. Orcus and Demogorgon both have obvious, real-world origins. But Graz'zt is a bit harder to track. It hit me one day, and the connection has made sure I always have a place for the Shadow King in my heart. Points if you can figure it out. :smallamused:

Corporate M
2010-07-01, 01:46 AM
I think Asmodeous allows Mephistopheles to speak of such things as overthrowing him much to the same feelings of sith lords in star wars. It has to do with their religion revolving around the ego. To Asmodeous, he is impressed by the ballzyness of Mephistopheles. And looks forward to the day the two finally determine who is worthy of being called the big bad. The others are just dissapointments, plotting, scheming, and rubbing their hands together. But cowering and retreating like dogs when faced with real challenge. Mephistopheles and Asmodeous are the only two who really believe the crap they spew...

Me? I'm not fond of any of them. I ceartainly get enough pecking orders, betrayel, and "even badguys have to follow rules" in the mortal realm. I'd prefer to work along side the demons. Knowing full well if they were to ever prevail, it would mean the end to everything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlvWu3s_ImY

I'd be Azareal... lol!

Harperfan7
2010-07-01, 02:16 AM
Malkizid.

He's done crappily in the last mythal series, but the whole idea of him is awesome.

He's a fallen solar. He started out being a regular solar in the service of the Seldarine (probably CG). He got caught up in Lolth's crap (I believe) and banished to the nine hells where he became an archduke (again, I believe). He has since lost that title and moved to a glassteel palace in the Barrens of Doom and Despair (a NE plane) and now has dealings with yugoloths.

He was the secret patron of the Vyshan of Aryvandaar, teaching them mythalcraft and how to bind your being with that of demons (so that you become an outsider version of yourself) so that you can do high magic on your own. He knows all about mythals, more than perhaps anyone else.

He is a marble white solar with gray or black wings (can't remember) claws and reverse jointed legs (like a goat). His eyes are black and he has an invisible wound on his forehead that constantly bleeds. Corellon gave him that brand when he was banished and it causes him constant pain. He uses a bastard sword and is really damn good with it. He has this unique ability, I forget what its called, buts it has something to do with a prismatic field that disrupts spellcasters and dispels spells (I like it because it mixes prismatic stuff with counterspelling, two of my favorite spell related things).

I like him the best overall. Asmodeus is the baddest, yeah, but I don't like his overall style as much.

Agrippa
2010-07-01, 02:19 AM
Depends. I consider myself something of an expert on the fiendish side. But for Demons, I'd say Graz'zt. If nothing else, because he's a riddle. Orcus and Demogorgon both have obvious, real-world origins. But Graz'zt is a bit harder to track. It hit me one day, and the connection has made sure I always have a place for the Shadow King in my heart. Points if you can figure it out. :smallamused:

Is he in anyway Nyarlathotep?

Corporate M
2010-07-01, 02:20 AM
I would love to run a blood wars campaign where mortals try to spread their brand of evil. The point would be trying to keep them together. I don't know who'd start stabbing backs first. The chaotic evil with "durphurp! EVULZ!!!!" or lawful evil over a slight or ideological differences...

It'd make more sense to have mortals do the bloodwars, both to gather souls, and to do dangerous missions. Mortals are expendable. Especially the lower level ones who are probably equivalent to take a penny/give a penny.

peacenlove
2010-07-01, 04:11 AM
Demogorgon then orcus. ( I dislike the lawful evil trope, whatever you do, whoever you are asmodeus is always on top :smallmad:)

Demogorgon has:
Allied with one of the oldest obyriths in the history of abyss, drawing from his immense knowledge and sharing dominion of the abyssal seas with him
Due to his dual nature (savage bestiality/dark knowledge), he is varied and knowledgeable enough however being a true demon at heart as bloodthirsty as it goes.
Able to withstand attacks from orcus, grazzt and obox ob and so many other demon lords with ease and proving his title "prince of demons" day after day.

Morph Bark
2010-07-01, 04:20 AM
I think Asmodeous allows Mephistopheles to speak of such things as overthrowing him much to the same feelings of sith lords in star wars. It has to do with their religion revolving around the ego. To Asmodeous, he is impressed by the ballzyness of Mephistopheles. And looks forward to the day the two finally determine who is worthy of being called the big bad. The others are just dissapointments, plotting, scheming, and rubbing their hands together. But cowering and retreating like dogs when faced with real challenge. Mephistopheles and Asmodeous are the only two who really believe the crap they spew...

I agree with this. Mephistopheles is more your typical Master of Fiendishness, while Asmodeus is the King of All Fiends, but not so much a master. It seems like a delicate balance, but one which Asmodeus can keep easily in check at all times thanks to his rod of ruby doomTM.

Out of the demons, Graz'zt sometimes I like for some things, though he actually seems much less Chaotic Evil than any of the other demon lords, which makes him quite out of place. I like Orcus' story more, and quite fit for a typical demon lord, but nothing more. While amongst devils it is clear Asmodeus is on top, I'm still debating with myself which demon lord would have to be on top of all the others in the Abyss...

Kaiyanwang
2010-07-01, 04:24 AM
How can anyone not love Mephistopheles? Charming, civil, gentlemanly, and fiendishly evil; a perfect combination. Besides that, he mastered Hellfire, making him the default patron of my warlocks.

I'd dare to say "a fiend of wealth and taste". Moreover "not omniscient, but that knows a lot".

I like the "polite evildoer" trope. This is why my favourite, forgive my lack of originality, is Asmodeus.

"Read the Fine Print". Priceless.

Pale Night, among the Princes. Why? Because she's freaking scary.

SilverClawShift
2010-07-01, 04:29 AM
Asmodeus

If you're going to give yourself over to evil, why go with a LESSER evil? Asmodeus is the top dog among the devils. Plus he's hot.

Graz'zt for the chaotic evil side, and a close second, for the same reason as above really. If you're going with servitude to a badguy, why not pick the most charming and cunning one?

Corporate M
2010-07-01, 05:15 AM
Reading my fiendish codexes more throughly. It seems the fate of evil humans should be specifically go to hell rather then the abyss. The abyss just seems to be a respawn pit for endless demons that all slaughter, maim eachother, and escape from their horrific dimension.

Mortal souls would not fit in well in the abyss, nor do they follow the "pact" devils and gods made. Ofcourse there could be exceptions, but these exceptions probably would not be noticed as the demon lords promise to grant them the life of a demon in the afterworld...

It seems human souls would serve no purpose to demons other then something else soft to ravage that makes particularly unique and unpredictable screams. (all the more reason in their minds to go after them) Devils see them as a commodity to be bought and sold, and different souls possess different uses in the thirst for more power, more glory, and more immunity to Asmodeous.

Kind of reminds me of the Simon Necronomicon. Where the "good gods" are simply not the chaotic stupid ones... To even suggest demons in an evil campaign, would be like having gang wars between crips and bloods, and some lone cook decides to break animals out of the zoo and points them in the direction of the turf the gangs are fighting over. It's just as random, out of place, and totally hillarious. Makes me enjoy the fact I mostly get chaotic neutral or chaotic evil alignment all the more! :smallbiggrin:

I don't agree with the cosmology that demons always return on an infirior end when they "reincarnate". I imagine it would make more since for the chaotic evil plane that there is no telling what they comeback as. A dretch has every motivation to pick fights with stronger demons or even just outright kill itself in the hopes of coming back as a stronger demon. That way the abyss is chockfull of riots, death, and suicide. And since they don't think of life the same way we do as memories of family, love, and values. They don't mind "forgetting" and instead hoping they climb up the social latter via a dice roll. It kind of reminds me of when I proposed voting should be like the lottery.

Zanticor
2010-07-01, 05:19 AM
Over a long campaign my players have managed to piss of nearly every demon lord you can think of. With all those evils after them the seem to be most bothered with the idea that Juiblex might come back for them. Of the nine they only met Mammon who made them fight one of his generals in an arena as part of a licensed an approved assassination attempt by one of his other generals. Great sport and they left on the best of terms. Still my favorite take on devils and demons is that Asmodeus and Graz'zt are one and the same entity that steer everything. You don't even need to meet "it", to feel the nagging worry in the back of your head that somehow its all part of the grander scheme and that your being played by "it". Of course if Asmodeus and Graz'zt are the same "it" is probably a neutral evil Yugoloth so they might both be aspects of "The General". But I don't think anyone will ever find out. :smalleek:

Zanticor

Critical
2010-07-01, 05:54 AM
Pazuzu? :smallamused:

Marriclay
2010-07-01, 06:00 AM

Well, considering the avatar, I think we could all guess that :smallamused:

Lord Loss
2010-07-01, 06:10 AM

Finally, someone who agrees with me! Three cheers for

Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu

Get it? get it?

Calmar
2010-07-01, 09:53 AM
Of course Bel the Pit Fiend, Lord of Avernus, General of the Blood War, the big and mean self-made devil who worked his way up all the way from lowly lemure to the ruler of Baator's First Pit through evil cunning, force and sheer badassitude. :smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2010-07-01, 05:33 PM
http://www.strangehorizons.com/2003/20031208/gallery/tn_glasya.jpg

Glasya, and not just because she's cute. Also because I like the contrast between her youthful ambition and the ancient plots of most archfiends, the beneficial disease theme she has going on, how her cult focuses on non-violent manipulation and being the power beyond the throne, how she's mischievous, mocking, and flirtatious despite being in power. And how she went through a rebellious teenage phase against Asmodeus.

http://lordsofaviron.com/images/Glasya.jpg

But mostly because she's cute.

Draken
2010-07-01, 06:13 PM
I find Dagon to be a particularly interesting character.

One of the oldest and most powerful Obyriths, with knowledge of the Abyss, endless and aleatory, that matches that of greater gods, beings vastly above mere archfiends in theoretical power and knowledge. An Obyrith who rules the dark depths of the abyss, with Tanar'ri and Obyrith alike paying deference to him, his position of power is unshakeable, he is one of the few obyrith lords who survived the fluke of the Queen of Chaos' war against Arborea, because he knew it was going to fluke, and she knew better than to mess with him.

Plus he is a great singer.

From the devil side, I find Baalzebul's obsession with perfection of urbanism, government and laws to be interesting. I think he would be the one most likely to repeat Megatron's words, "Peace through tiranny".

But I really, really like the Oinoloth. Wish there was more information on Anthraxus, and on the Yugoloths in general.

Skeppio
2010-07-01, 06:34 PM
My fave archdevil has to be Baalzebul aka Triel. Possibly the only archdevil and the only creature in existence who actually looked cooler in the 1st Ed books. He may be a filth-generating slug now, but he's still managed to gain massive worship and it's been made clear that soon he'll be strong enough to get his old body back. At which point even Asmodeus is royally screwed.

I'm not a fan of the demons at all, but I gotta agree that Jubilex and Pazuzu are pretty cool.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-01, 06:39 PM
Finally, someone who agrees with me! Three cheers for

Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu

Get it? get it?

Yes. I did.

Pazuzu smites you for even thinking of becoming Punpun.

Calmness
2010-07-01, 06:40 PM
Graz'zt. That guy has class, and I can't help but respect a demon who is able to deal with both Demogorgon, and Orcus on a regular basis without going insane.

Optimystik
2010-07-01, 06:53 PM
Overall I'd have to say Dispater; his focus on patience, defense, and constructs definitely appeals to me.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/FC2_Gallery/101502.jpg

On the demon side... well, none of them really appeal to me all that much, though Orcus, Pale Night and Pazuzu did catch my eye. I guess Orcus wins out since he controls so many undead. (Plus, he hates Demogorgon and so do I.)

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-01, 07:04 PM
Call it un-original but the cream of the crop are always the ones I'm the most interested in. Because they HAVE the power over evil and I like to know how they got it and hold it.

So yeah, Asmodeus and Demogorgon. Not just because they are the leaders, but because each is bad-ass. The Savage Tide adventure path is my favorite published adventure of all time and Asmodeus has so much mystery behind him it's almost ridiculous.

Aside from those two though...

I'd have to say Dagon and Glasya. Dagon for being Dagon quite simply, there's not a thing about the fishy guy that I don't like. And Glasya for all the reasons the poster above me said, AND because she invokes 'Papa Bear' feelings from Asmodeus himself. Planes help whoever lays a finger on his precious baby girl. :smalltongue:

Corporate M
2010-07-01, 07:07 PM
Upon looking up my fiendish codex. I think I'd worship Fraz Urb'luu. If only to release him from his imprisonment and create massive lulz.

http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/t-beetlejuice02.jpg

Masaioh
2010-07-01, 07:14 PM
Tie between Graz'zt and Pazuzu. For the record, I thought Pazuzu was awesome before I knew what Punpun was.

Munchkin-Masher
2010-07-01, 07:46 PM
Asmondeus.

None of the other Arch-Dukes know the full extent of his power, and i think the only reason Asmondeus allows Mephistopheles to go around talking crap, is that he knows that it will never ever happen. Asmondeus is more powerfull and terrible than Mephistopheles can imagine.

Mephistopheles, behind the smooth exterior, is a bubbling cauldron of hatred and insanity, He is not made of the stuff fit for the Lord of the Hells.

Also, ASMONDEUS F***ING BLEEDS PIT FIENDS!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!?!

*Cough*

Now, as to the Demon-Lords. I'll have to go with Pale Night, a terror so ancient and so powerfull, that all other demons let her be in her castle. A thing of such terrible evil that reality it self refuses to permit her true form to be.

BenTheJester
2010-07-01, 08:01 PM
The General.

Ok, maybe we don't know anything about him, but from the rumors, he would be even stronger than both Asmodeus and Demogorgon.

If not, Mephisto, Graz'zt and Dagon for the reasons mentionned above.

The Tygre
2010-07-01, 08:05 PM

Heh. Close enough. :smallamused: The Salem Witch Trials, and the European witch hunts, consistently referred to the devil as 'The Black Man'. Coming out of the wild places of the world, his skin, eyes, teeth, hair, and even blood were black as pitch. In the forests and secret places, he taught witches the secret arts of the world, bargaining with promises of divine pleasure and power.

Sound familiar?

I actually made the connection when the Black Man was described as an avatar of Nyarlathotep in Maleus Monstrorum. There's even a nod in Graz'zt's Demonomicon article; it's suggested that Graz'zt might be the child of Nyarlathotep by Pale Night.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-01, 08:38 PM

I knitted you a non-euclidean sweater... Sorry it ate you.

But, Jubilex by far. Demon lord of oozes? Hell yeah. Plus I played a campaign based around him once.

Oh, and the archdevils were in the BoVD before the fiendish codexes, and they were much stronger. Wizards nerfed them so "You can use them in the average campaign", if I remember correctly. Like the elder brains.

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-01, 08:48 PM
Demon: Pazuzu. I personally just love how he has uncontested control over all the skies of the Abyss and how he's a purely unique entity, an Obyrinth that gained Tanar'ri traits.

Devil: Dispater. He's the freaking Batman.

Agrippa
2010-07-01, 09:03 PM
Forgot that one Tyger. Though the idea of Grazz't as the son of Nyarlathotep and Pale Night is rather intriguing to say the least.

Skeppio
2010-07-01, 09:06 PM
Demon: Pazuzu. I personally just love how he has uncontested control over all the skies of the Abyss

I just find it amusing that he took control of the skies of the Abyss, and none of the other Demon Lords care.

Pazuzu: I have seized control of all the skies of the Abyss!
Demogorgon: Oh okay, whatever.

Set
2010-07-01, 09:07 PM
Favorites (real favorite)
Devils: Dispater and Mephistopheles
Demons: Graz'zt and Yeenoghu

Some of the 'newer' additions, like Malcanthet, Pazuzu, Obox-Ob, Pale Night, etc. I just have no interest in. I'm a grognard, I guess.

Optimystik
2010-07-01, 09:41 PM
I just find it amusing that he took control of the skies of the Abyss, and none of the other Demon Lords care.

Pazuzu: I have seized control of all the skies of the Abyss!
Demogorgon: Oh okay, whatever.

Same for Dagon.

"The seas are mine!"
"...Did you guys hear something burbling?"

CockroachTeaParty
2010-07-01, 10:19 PM
My favorite archfiend is Dagon. The first time I ever cast Contact Other Plane, I sought Father Dagon for answers.

Oddly, the Archdukes interest me less than the Demon Lords. The fact that nothing is set in stone in the Abyss proves more exciting to me. Sure, Demogorgon's Prince of Demons now, but who knows what could happen before the end of the campaign? An Infinite Abyss to me suggests truly infinite possibilities, as opposed to the somewhat more stagnant Nine Hells.

Marriclay
2010-07-01, 10:32 PM
My favorite archfiend is Dagon. The first time I ever cast Contact Other Plane, I sought Father Dagon for answers.

Oddly, the Archdukes interest me less than the Demon Lords. The fact that nothing is set in stone in the Abyss proves more exciting to me. Sure, Demogorgon's Prince of Demons now, but who knows what could happen before the end of the campaign? An Infinite Abyss to me suggests truly infinite possibilities, as opposed to the somewhat more stagnant Nine Hells.

the way I see it, the Abyss is where you send players looking for rough and tumble dungeon-crashing goodness, and Hell is where you send them for political intrigue. or a castle. or a drow city (which is kinda funny, since Lolth lives in the Abyss). in any case, people often find the Abyss more exciting because politics is overdone

The Tygre
2010-07-01, 10:57 PM
Forgot that one Tyger. Though the idea of Grazz't as the son of Nyarlathotep and Pale Night is rather intriguing to say the least.

I always preferred the theory that he was the son of Asmodeus, personally. Explains a lot when you think about it. How he manages to organize and actually run his cities where the other Demon Lords just sort of let em' roam free.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-07-01, 11:08 PM
I personally like to hate Dispater. As a devoted Heironean, I've a goal to one day have one of my characters recover The Invincible's Chalice from him and make his Iron Tower come crashing down!

Besides that though, I think his realm is ultimately the most hospitable of the Nine. Sure, the walls are made of superheated metal, there are secret police everywhere and evils of all kinds, not just devils, are just waiting to stab you in the back or drag you to damnation. But there's also plenty of places to make allies and to hide. Just like the Lord of the Second himself.

In terms of demons, I'd have to say Gra'zzt, mostly for the same reasons I like Dispater. His realms, while still festering cesspits of evil, are at least somewhat civilized.

Optimystik
2010-07-01, 11:11 PM
the way I see it, the Abyss is where you send players looking for rough and tumble dungeon-crashing goodness, and Hell is where you send them for political intrigue. or a castle. or a drow city (which is kinda funny, since Lolth lives in the Abyss). in any case, people often find the Abyss more exciting because politics is overdone

I have to agree... to invade Hell, first you need a violence permit, signed in triplicate, your consent to be imprisoned waiver, 9 visas (1 for each layer), your purpose of visit papers...

On the other hand, Hell could be perfectly stagnant, but only until your epic-level party arrives to shake things up. Suddenly you have all kinds of change - Asmodeus backstabbing his daughter, Dispater leaving the tower, Mephistopheles vanishing without a trace, Bel unmanning the front lines to deal with you, causing a demon incursion led by...

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-01, 11:15 PM
Dispater leaving the tower

And this is why the whole thing would fall apart (assuming Asmodeus didn't purposely set this up for ****s and giggles). Dispater always has 20 exit strategies and has hundreds upon hundreds of plots born from his paranoia. Letting him actually escape means it'll come back to bite you.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-07-01, 11:16 PM
Yeah. I have a character in mind made to do just that. And really, Hell is the easier place to invade. It's predictable, and while the best devils are the ones who have plans in place for when other plans fail or plans to salvage failed plans, ultimately it all comes down to planning, which is their weakness. Surprise a demon, and it'll respond the same way it would if it saw you coming, charging at you in a slobbering fury. Surprise a devil, and you have a chance to bust him down before he can modify his plans.

Optimystik
2010-07-01, 11:18 PM
And this is why the whole thing would fall apart (assuming Asmodeus didn't purposely set this up for ****s and giggles). Dispater always has 20 exit strategies and has hundreds upon hundreds of plots born from his paranoia. Letting him actually escape means it'll come back to bite you.

Actually, I was theorizing more along the lines of "Dispater comes down from the tower to greet the PCs," rather than beating a retreat.

I do agree that he is a Xanatos, perhaps even more of one than Asmo himself.

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-01, 11:18 PM
Yeah. I have a character in mind made to do just that. And really, Hell is the easier place to invade. It's predictable, and while the best devils are the ones who have plans in place for when other plans fail or plans to salvage failed plans, ultimately it all comes down to planning, which is their weakness. Surprise a demon, and it'll respond the same way it would if it saw you coming, charging at you in a slobbering fury. Surprise a devil, and you have a chance to bust him down before he can modify his plans.

Assuming he didn't have 3 contingencies for just that and assuming you actually surprised him and he didn't just let you surprise him to lull you into a false sense of security.

@Opti: Said it once, say it again and will keep on saying it; Dispater is Batman.

Morithias
2010-07-02, 03:33 AM
http://www.strangehorizons.com/2003/20031208/gallery/tn_glasya.jpg

Glasya, and not just because she's cute. Also because I like the contrast between her youthful ambition and the ancient plots of most archfiends, the beneficial disease theme she has going on, how her cult focuses on non-violent manipulation and being the power beyond the throne, how she's mischievous, mocking, and flirtatious despite being in power. And how she went through a rebellious teenage phase against Asmodeus.

http://lordsofaviron.com/images/Glasya.jpg

But mostly because she's cute.

Agreed. How many Archfiends can you actually say "I'd hit it" for? lol

Mystic Muse
2010-07-02, 03:50 AM

So far? 1. Probably the same for Closak but Tiamat* isn't an Archfiend AFAIK.

*I think Glasya is hot. Not Tiamat.

Morithias
2010-07-02, 03:51 AM
So far? 1. Probably the same for Closak but Tiamat* isn't an Archfiend AFAIK.

*I think Glasya is hot. Not Tiamat.

Fierna and the Queen of the Succubi from Fiendish Codex 1 are probably the only 3 most males would. (I'm male so I can't speak for the girls).

Mystic Muse
2010-07-02, 03:56 AM
Fierna and the Queen of the Succubi from Fiendish Codex 1 are probably the only 3 most males would. (I'm male so I can't speak for the girls).

I'm sure there are at least a few girls who would hit them too.

If Fierna's who I recall her being it'd be her, then Glasya, then queen of the Succubi.

At least, if I didn't have a Policy against one night stands and consorting with the forces of evil.

Morithias
2010-07-02, 03:57 AM
I'm sure there are at least a few girls who would hit them too.

If Fierna's who I recall her being it'd be her, then Glasya, then queen of the Succubi.

At least, if I didn't have a Policy against one night stands and consorting with the forces of evil.

Fierna is the tyrant of the 4th level of Baator. The one who rules with her father.

She's probably the safest, seeing how Glasya has that disease touch, and the succubi...well...energy drain. If you wanted to sleep with a devil and survive at least the night. She's probably the one.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-02, 04:00 AM
Fierna is the tyrant of the 4th level of Baator. The one who rules with her father.

She's probably the safest, seeing how Glasya has that disease touch, and the succubi...well...energy drain. If you wanted to sleep with a devil and survive at least the night. She's probably the one.

Well, if this was D&D I'd probably be Surrealistik's Paladin and have immunity to both disease and level Draining. Plus a level or two of Monk for Unarmed strike or whatever they get.

EDIT: Here's why. Smite and an extra attack called Scouring light can be applied to any attack. Monk's unarmed strikes can be made with any part of their body. I think you can see where I'm going with this.:smallamused: of course, this is only if things take a sharp left turn.

Morithias
2010-07-02, 04:21 AM
Well, if this was D&D I'd probably be Surrealistik's Paladin and have immunity to both disease and level Draining. Plus a level or two of Monk for Unarmed strike or whatever they get.

EDIT: Here's why. Smite and an extra attack called Scouring light can be applied to any attack. Monk's unarmed strikes can be made with any part of their body. I think you can see where I'm going with this.:smallamused: of course, this is only if things take a sharp left turn.

Yeah, but neither class has perform has a class skill. And sex is a perform skill. Even if you had that stuff I doubt you could beat one of them in a fight. I'd say it would be best just to buy a ring of disease immunity/deathward and max/min your ranks.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-02, 04:24 AM
Yeah, but neither class has perform has a class skill. And sex is a perform skill. Even if you had that stuff I doubt you could beat one of them in a fight. I'd say it would be best just to buy a ring of disease immunity/deathward and max/min your ranks.

Believe me, I wouldn't be in a relationship with an archfiend or a demon lord if I wasn't completely positive I'd be able to beat them in a fight.

And since I'd be human I'd get at least 5 skill points per level. That'd be enough to put a few ranks in perform.

Morithias
2010-07-02, 04:25 AM
Believe me, I wouldn't be in a relationship with an archfiend or a demon lord if I wasn't completely positive I'd be able to beat them in a fight.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." Right? XD

Mystic Muse
2010-07-02, 04:25 AM
"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." Right? XD

I guess. I've never actually heard that phrase.

Morithias
2010-07-02, 04:28 AM
I guess. I've never actually heard that phrase.

*shrugs* I was playing Civilization IV recently. XD I think it basically means, only trust things that you can take down if they rebel.

Corporate M
2010-07-02, 04:34 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/ehtycsarbil/Animated/Animated-Tyra_Banks_Laser_Ray.gif
Man... D&D players really need to get out more if they're willing to put up with this just to get laid...

But knowing that merely making your presence known in hell can shakeup the whole foundation and cause a disturbance in The Force where suddenly demons start bursting from the barricades yelling "Row Row! Fight The Power!" Gives me some great ideas if I'm ever in a planar based game... >: 3

Mystic Muse
2010-07-02, 04:40 AM
Man... D&D players really need to get out more if they're willing to put up with this just to get laid...

I'm not. We're just joking around. From what I can tell, I'm actually going to die a virgin.

Corporate M
2010-07-02, 04:43 AM
I'm not. We're just joking around. From what I can tell, I'm actually going to die a virgin.
lol, naww I don't think so.

Sorry, I'm used to anime forums where they indeed take very seriously that X is their waifu or whatever.:smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2010-07-02, 04:44 AM
lol, naww I don't think so.

Sorry, I'm used to anime forums where they indeed take very seriously that X is their waifu or whatever.:smalltongue:

Well, I'm just joking around. Except for the part where I suspect I'll die a virgin. But I don't think anybody care about that.

Hironomus
2010-07-02, 07:38 AM
Mephistopholese.

During a cold war always side with the force you think is going to win. I think he is really on to something with this hellfire doo-hicky. In addition he seems to be slightly kinder to mortals. Or maybe thats just me.

Go Big M!

Darkxarth
2010-07-02, 09:15 AM
Pazuzu!
http://thebigproductions.com/danblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/pazuzu.jpg

Seriously, though, probably Pazuzu for the Demons, and Levistus for the Devils.

I think I like Levistus more than Pazuzu, though. I am not sure why, but I just think his potential makes him more terrifying than the other Archdukes. I mean, even frozen in a world of perpetual ice he still rules an entire layer of Hell.

Optimystik
2010-07-02, 11:05 AM

Again, Dispater :smallwink:
Note so Morithias is not confused: I am male.

So far? 1. Probably the same for Closak but Tiamat isn't an Archfiend AFAIK.

I see what you did there :smalltongue:

EDIT: Dispater looked even better in BoVD:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/bovd_gallery/88161_620_44.jpg

Like a young Kain. Hell yeah :smallamused:

SilverClawShift
2010-07-02, 04:34 PM

Asmodeus, Dispater, Mephistopheles, Bel, and Levistus, in that order >_>

Optimystik
2010-07-02, 04:36 PM
Bel

Make sure he brushes his teeth :smalleek:

Though I too would rank him above Levistus, that foppish Twilight-wannabe.

Ingus
2010-07-02, 04:44 PM
Grazzd, Malchantet (and all her "things" with Grazzd, Pazuzu, Demogorgon etc) and Pale Night for demons, Asmodeus and Glasya (call her Paris Asmodeus, if you like) for devils.

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-02, 04:44 PM
Make sure he brushes his teeth :smalleek:

How can he be a Twilight-Wannabe if he predates that trash by like...3 or so decades?

SilverClawShift
2010-07-02, 04:53 PM

Bel's a general! A great leader who rules by the virtua of his own brilliance. He crawled himself up to the top (of at least one level) by sheer force of himself. That's alluring no matter how you slice it.

And the only reason Levistus isn't higher on the list is because he's trapped in a glacier. Who knows what an eternity of immobility has done to him.

Optimystik
2010-07-02, 05:06 PM
How can he be a Twilight-Wannabe if he predates that trash by like...3 or so decades?

It was purely a dig at his effete and vampiric appearance, nothing more. :smalltongue:

Bel's a general! A great leader who rules by the virtua of his own brilliance. He crawled himself up to the top (of at least one level) by sheer force of himself. That's alluring no matter how you slice it.

Don't get me wrong, Bel is one of my favorites too. He's perhaps the only Lord of 9 who is simultaneously skilled at politics while being above it. And he looks a lot like Diablo, which is always a plus in my book.

I just wouldn't touch him with a 100-foot pole :smallyuk: he drools poison and disease at the same time!

SilverClawShift
2010-07-02, 05:18 PM
he drools poison and disease at the same time!

There's nothing in any universe that's hotter than danger and power.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-02, 05:43 PM
Since nobody posted the picture yet....

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/fc1_gallery/98457.jpg
Malcanthet, the Creepy Hotness

Although...

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/FC2_Gallery/101504.jpg
IMO, Fierna easily wins the hotness contest.

Doctor D&D
2010-07-02, 10:18 PM
Amodeus is hands down my favorite. He saved the multiverse from an elder evil, made a binding contract with gods to extract soul energy, beat all the upstart devils in fell swoop during the Reckoning, and proved to all devil kind that they exist on his whim.

And they know it. He let's them keep their positions as a reminder that no matter how powerful they think they are, they only exist because he wills it. If any of them rebel again, he will swat them down with ease.