PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon remake questions

Setra
2010-07-01, 12:43 AM
Okay basically, I wanna get back into pokemon and hopefully catch all 493(?) Pokemon before Black and White come out.

I was curious about the remakes of the originals, though.

Long story short, my questions.

1. In the remakes, how many pokemon are available? Is it 150 in Fire Red, or are there newer ones as well? Ditto for the second remakes.

2. Can I use Fire Red/Leaf Green in my GBA slot to transfer pokemon to Diamond/Pearl like you can with Ruby/Sapphire? (At least I think that's how it works).

3. Do Heart Gold/Soul Silver have that same feature?

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-07-01, 12:53 AM
You have access to and can use any pokemon that existed at the time that the remake was made. For example, yes you've got Pidgey and Rattata, but you can also get (through wi-fi/peripherals) Swellow and Bidoof. You can battle Red with a Mewtwo and an Arceus.

Ine Firered it's the same, but bumped down a generation, I think.

Setra
2010-07-01, 12:58 AM
You have access to and can use any pokemon that existed at the time that the remake was made. For example, yes you've got Pidgey and Rattata, but you can also get (through wi-fi/peripherals) Swellow and Bidoof. You can battle Red with a Mewtwo and an Arceus.

Ine Firered it's the same, but bumped down a generation, I think.
Can you catch newer pokemon in the remakes, or only get them via trades?

SparkMandriller
2010-07-01, 01:51 AM
FR/LG added some new areas with new pokemon that you can get to after you beat the E4. I think they're just gen 2 ones, though, but I could be wrong. HG/SS have pokemon from all four generations.
HG/SS do let you migrate pokemon from FR/LG, so no problems there. There are a bunch of pokemon you won't be able to catch even with two games, but I'm sure you can find someone online willing to give you what you need. Probably.

Setra
2010-07-01, 02:02 AM
FR/LG added some new areas with new pokemon that you can get to after you beat the E4. I think they're just gen 2 ones, though, but I could be wrong. HG/SS have pokemon from all four generations.
HG/SS do let you migrate pokemon from FR/LG, so no problems there. There are a bunch of pokemon you won't be able to catch even with two games, but I'm sure you can find someone online willing to give you what you need. Probably.
Alright, thanks.

Prime32
2010-07-01, 03:26 AM
Note also that some Pokémon have different movesets in those games (different from other games in the same generation as the remake even!). For instance, Onix learns Dragonbreath to make up for the lack of Dragon types.

Mando Knight
2010-07-01, 10:32 AM
For instance, Onix learns Dragonbreath to make up for the lack of Dragon types.

Though honestly, you're better off with Charizard and Dragon Claw in FR/LG. Onix's SpAtk is comparable to Snorlax's Speed.