PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Human Midget

Zimzam
2010-07-01, 04:14 AM
We've been playing our "Good Campaign" for a while now and my Elf Rogue has finally died after being cleaved with a two handed sword by a construct :p
Seeing as i'm now re-rolling a character I figured I wanted something "different" without resorting to going into the monster manual or anything like that.
So I thought, "how about i be a midget? not a halfling gnome or dwarf...just a human midget." and the more i think about it the more awesome it sounds.
I've looked up the list of traits here http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/DnD_Traits and there is in fact a midget template.
I would get all bonuses of being a human (extra feat +skills etc) plus all bonuses and penalties of being small (-2 STR, extra hide, extra AC bonus etc).
He's going to be a fighter with a two handed hammer (we worked it out as a two handed axe that does blunt damage and is slightly heavier).
Anyway, I was just wondering if this character will be worth playing or may be underpowered and I should just go for halfling or gnome or dwarf of the same class.

Ability scores, after penalties are applied are:
STR 16
DEX 17
CON 16
INT 11
WIS 12
CHA 14

P.S. That whole issue with the weretiger PC has been sorted out, I've discarded that idea and Instead am going for a Kobold bard that's going to be the comic-relief of the party :P

Prime32
2010-07-01, 04:20 AM
I would say go strongheart halfling. They get the human bonus feat.

Zimzam
2010-07-01, 04:28 AM
hmm even though I like the idea of being a midget, you might be right. I reckon I'll go with the strongheart halfling and ask if I can have an entirely cosmetic option of being a midget (as I reckon it would be fin to roleplay)

Zimzam
2010-07-01, 04:37 AM
mm i've given it a check and we're not using races from other campaigns unfortunately (as we have our own campaign). Ah well I'll live without that +2 dex

Prime32
2010-07-01, 04:38 AM
mm i've given it a check and we're not using races from other campaigns unfortunately (as we have our own campaign).You mean campaign setting?

That seems odd, since you aren't using the fluff anyway.

Raging Gene Ray
2010-07-01, 04:40 AM
For some reason, that link's not working, so I can't look up that midget template.

Anyhow...could you play a gnome or halfling midget? I mean a midget even by their standards...maybe bonuses for being Tiny.

Zimzam
2010-07-01, 04:50 AM
mm our DM is very tight, though that's why we love him :P

i've checked that link and it does work, although i know from past experience that the website is a bit iffy about who it wants to let view it :P
I think being tiny would be a little bit of a hindrance :P as a fighter my damage would be pathetic and I would die very quickly :S Teeny tiny spellcasters are awesome however.