PDA

View Full Version : Intervention con OOTS meetup

harknell
2010-07-01, 01:05 PM
Hi, This is Harknell, one of the co-chairs of the convention Intervention (http://www.interventioncon.com). I spoke to one of the mods for this forum at Balticon, but unfortunately did not retain her contact info. We discussed having a large Order of the Stick meetup organized to occur at our con.

I'd love to discuss this more, and do an open invite to any other fans of Order of the Stick to come by our con. We have a huge webcomic guest list and we'd love to provide space for you guys to meet up and talk about Rich's comic as well as any others you like.

Please contact me at [email protected], or reply here so we can get this going.

Thanks,
Harknell

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-02, 12:12 AM
Harknell!

That was Alarra you spoke with at Balticon. She and I are denizens of "near Baltimore" and we're excited about what Intervention is trying to do for the webcomic community.

I'm sending you a PM with our contact information and a couple of questions.

Serpentine
2010-07-02, 12:16 AM
So, who's gonna head the fundraising team to get me over there?

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-02, 12:42 AM
Would if I could, Serps. :smallcool:

Krade
2010-07-02, 12:43 AM
I would consider planning for this, but if I do anyhting in September it will be visit my friend in New York I haven't seen in over two years. Looks fun though, good luck on making it epic.

Alarra
2010-07-02, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately the interest here has been less than we were hoping, so I'm not sure that a large meetup will be possible. I'm working on getting more people, however.

harknell
2010-07-02, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone,
We're happy to provide space for any size meet up you can arrange.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-07-02, 11:37 AM
Dude, its Pete Abrams and Bill Holbrook! Bill is such a nice guy and Pete's awesome, too! Hmmmm.....it reminds me of my first Dragon-Con in 2002, when I was honored to meet both of them in person. I walked out with 4 Sluggy Freelance books that day and I think "Dealing with Domestication" from Kevin and Kell. Will Bill be bringing Mamallama Devil??

Does the convention have a board game room?

What's the ratio of people in costumes vs mundanes?

This does sound pretty nifty. I'll check with my boss to see if I can get Friday off.

AstralFire
2010-07-02, 11:56 AM
As noted elsewhere, I will be there.

harknell
2010-07-02, 12:04 PM
@Atreyu the Masked LLama
Intervention has 2 dedicated rooms for gaming of both the board game and digital varieties. We are also specifically supplying a huge number of tables in common areas for people to use their electronics or gaming materials.

We are a costume friendly con, and anyone of any variety may come in costume.

We hope to see you and any other OOTS forum members at the con. We're working to have a room set up for you guys to hang out and discuss things during the con.

BTW, huge new guests will be announced soon, with a very special artist oriented event also to be announced.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-07-05, 12:21 AM
I'm intrigued! I'll talk to my boss and see what I can do about getting the time off.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-14, 05:41 AM
Check out the new and improved Guest List (http://interventioncon.com/guests/)!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-08-01, 08:42 AM
We have an official OOTS meet-up sign now. We really do need to use it as much as we can.

Alarra
2010-08-01, 09:43 AM
Agreed. Well, we'll have a handful of us anyway. *makes sad puppy dog eyes to try to talk others into coming*

SDF
2010-08-01, 09:46 AM

I will, but I'm overdrafted $35 and have 32c in change, some floss, pocket lint, and belly lint.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-08-01, 09:47 AM
Same people who fundraise for me, I imagine.

Mauve Shirt
2010-08-01, 09:50 AM
I'd go, but I'll be in school. :smallfrown:

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-02, 12:59 AM
But, it's on a weekend. :smallfrown:

Mauve Shirt
2010-08-02, 07:56 AM
If only my school took an hour to get to, as it should, instead of 3 because of traffic. Oh, and if I had a car in the first place.
I'm too poor to pay for train tickets AND con stuff.

Krade
2010-08-10, 08:50 PM
For a while it looked like I might have actually gone to this, but my life relocation event will occur way to close to the date for me to be able to consider it. I'll probably have to move between 4 and 6 weeks from now and Intervention Con takes place in that timeframe. So have fun for me, everybody! Maybe next year!:smallwink: